Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Location (State/Prov):

SOLD! FS - 1995 6MT Type II Legend Coupe, last of the Legends!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 03:53 AM
SOLD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOLD! FS - 1995 6MT Type II Legend Coupe, last of the Legends!

Hey people, I am selling my Legend for a good price. I love the car and planned to keep it and make it a nice project, but I have financial and legal BS that is more important. The Legend was originally a $43,000 car in 1995. For those not aware, it has memory/heated/power seats and mirrors, memory tilt/telescope auto moving steering wheel, steering wheel stereo controls, self closing-vacuum sealed doors, roll down back windows. Also, 6 disc cd changer with Bose system, auto climate control, 6 airbags, traction control, factory aero kit including fog lights, auto down driver window and sunroof, etc. Basically, anything you would want in a car, it has. The car has 180,000 miles on it, so it is no baby, although those who know Legends understand they can go 250,000+ miles. The clutch has been replaced less than 10,000 miles ago, the timing belt replaced less than 30,000 miles ago. I have driven the Legend and CL type S back to back, the handling is on par with my CL type S, so pretty damn good in other words. Hopefully folks will understand the significance of the 6 speed manual, as even the 1995 NSX was only a 5 speed manual. First gear can be described as nearly ridiculous.

The KBB private party value is $5655-$6,480, NADA value is $4,450-$5750. I am asking only $2500 OBO. Please understand this car does have some maintenance needs. It needs a brake master cylinder, a vehicle speed sensor, a battery, and seems to have a slow power steering leak. These issues together should cost anywhere from $750-$1250 to resolve. The brake master cylinder is $414 plus tax if you want factory parts, and $296 plus tax if you want a NPN remanufactured unit (same manufacturer as stock). The VSS is only available from Acura and is $189+tax installed. Although even at $1250 + $2500 paid, that still is $700 dollars below the lowest major evaluation of the car. This would be a great project car or inexpensive daily driver, I really regret selling it, but I own the car outright and need to free up finances.

Here are some pictures of the baby...please respond!

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7667/img09279cd.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/165/img09313fp.jpg
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/91/img09356op.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1081/img09440ot.jpg
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/4324/img09497wi.jpg
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/5301/img09520cc.jpg

Last edited by NightRider; 07-20-2007 at 03:56 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
any overheating (BHG) issues???

i noticed that you live in CO so that the car will prob be exposed to alot of snow/salt... how is the rust on the car???? have any closeups of the interior???
Old 07-20-2007, 11:26 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
dude, if i was closer, i would be all over this like an ethiopian on a big mac
Old 07-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

oh man...i've always loved the MT legends.

they are definitely one of the most beautiful coupes every made.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:19 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
Do you have interior shots? Also some shots of the engine bay would be appreciated as well, thanks.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:24 AM
2003 Satin Silver CL-S

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
any overheating (BHG) issues???

i noticed that you live in CO so that the car will prob be exposed to alot of snow/salt... how is the rust on the car???? have any closeups of the interior???

We dont use salt in Denver, only sand. Not counting last winters storm, our snow usually melts the same day it falls.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm here in spirit...

NR, what's up buddy! I just happen to check in here and saw that you were selling the Legend.

So, aside from the issues the car has, does it run out good? What is the problem w/ the master cylinder? What is the VSS all about? What does it do for the car? Needless to say, I'm a bit interested in purchasing the car as a daily driver. Maybe.... I'll have to see what my financial situation is. You can PM me if you'd rather do that than post here, however I figured that other people might want to know the answers to my questions too. You can also give me a call too if you have my number. Not sure if I ever gave it to you. Later man!

And yeah, the guy above is correct.... They don't use salt in CO.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Type II Coupe

im looking for a car currently and a Legend is what I had in mind.. A friend of mine had a Type II with 6spd manual also but sold it before I could get it..

I'm located in WA state so I can't come check it out or anything.. Do you have more pictures? In the event I do decide to buy, do you feel confident sending me on my way driving the car back to WA? How serious are the issues mentioned? I'm pretty handy with my cars, would you think a DIY'er could fix the issues at home? Thanks!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:23 PM

edit by Administrator Ron A:

Your post has been edited since you have not yet met the requirements in Paragraph A below. When you have met the requirements you may resubmit your sale item.

A. New members may not post anything for sale until they have been a registered member for thirty (30) days and have 15 posts. They may respond to other threads if they wish, and make purchases, but do not mention any items for sale when posting in other threads.

Members are cautioned not to post just for the sake of getting your required number of posts.

Please read THE *NEW* BLACK MARKET RULES for more information.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
I love this car too, and I hated to do it but I deleted a few posts so we can keep the thread devoted to selling, which is what we are all here for.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Stil awaiting a response. Still interested. Oh.... and I'm local.

EDIT: NR, can you get me pics of the interior as well as under the hood?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
Stil awaiting a response. Still interested. Oh.... and I'm local.

EDIT: NR, can you get me pics of the interior as well as under the hood?
+1 to wat he said

Damn im in nyc but lets see what we can do I pmed you back !
Old 07-27-2007, 02:57 AM
Type II Coupe

hmm.. no update yet huh?
Old 07-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottyNorq
We dont use salt in Denver, only sand. Not counting last winters storm, our snow usually melts the same day it falls.
I concur, I live here too! Snow doesn't last long around here..no humidity..free bump, good luck on the sale!
Old 07-28-2007, 04:41 AM
SOLD

Hey sorry guys I have been all over lately...

I am going to clean up the interior tomorrow during the day and I will get pictures. It's my b-day so by nightfall alcohol may be involved...I can say that each front seat has a small tear in the bottom cushion. The seats are not in great shape, I would say 6 out of 10. The Vehicle Speed Sensor basically controls the tach, so the MPH gauge reads 0 at all times right now. I would think the Brake Master Cylinder would effect the brakes, but they seem fine to me. A bit mushy at first. It definitely is drivable I have driven it recently (damn it makes the CL look 4x4 since it is so low). Power Steering leak is slow, just basically have to monitor the fluid level. Battery is just old and needs replaced.

Bonus: For anyone interested in modding, I am checking on engine possibilities with a speed shop. ..this is a C series transverse mounted engine, same as the NSX engine (except NSX is mid mount). It may be possible to build a 3.2 VTEC DOHC with Legend bottom and NSX top end or similar setup. It may cost more, but dropping a full NSX engine in may be possible too.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm here in spirit...

Thanks, NR. I think I'm gonna pass after doing a bit of thinking this weekend though. I need to save up money to move back home rather than buying another car/toy.

Good luck with your sale buddy!
Old 07-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Type II Coupe

I'm out too as I never heard back from you.. Picked up a '94 Coupe =)

Good luck on the sale.. These are great cars.. New owner won't regret it.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:08 AM
SOLD

Hey thanks to anyone and everyone for the interest. Chris I feel you about putting money elsewhere, that is what I need to work on also...I got interior pics like I said, but damn camera battery died and I can't find the plug, I may just go buy a new one tomorrow. Pics will definitely be up tomorrow. Since the car is paid off, I may end up keeping it if no motivated responses and using it as a DD for a bit to lighten insurance and finances...
Old 08-01-2007, 03:27 AM
I'm a Vagiterian.

I'd be very interested if I could come up wtih that much money. Good luck with the sale. May be in the next couple months I can get it.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Racer

In all seriousness, If you were within driving distance i wouldnt pass this up... have always wanted a 6spd legend coupe...
Old 08-02-2007, 05:13 PM
SOLD

Interior pics coming right up...
Old 08-02-2007, 05:31 PM
SOLD

http://www.fotomat.com/home/WHATREAL...7U0Q3V7B3E.EZP

Floors a bit dirty right now, it is parked in a nursery with tons of dirt around

Last edited by NightRider; 08-02-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

That's the best color for a Legend, too.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Elegance

whats the big deal with these legends? how come everyone likes them so much?
Old 08-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Cruisin'

The legends are truly LEGENDS......one thing about them that everyone will agree on is that they were way ahead of their time. For the price you can get a nice coupe or legend sedan for you dont get the performance or quality.

Hey NR keep in touch man shipping on the car is about $800 to me in nyc I want the car but I just dont know how to go along with buying a car without looking or driving it first cause even legends are good cars they have their issues.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:44 AM
6spder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NightRider
Hey sorry guys I have been all over lately...

I am going to clean up the interior tomorrow during the day and I will get pictures. It's my b-day so by nightfall alcohol may be involved...I can say that each front seat has a small tear in the bottom cushion. The seats are not in great shape, I would say 6 out of 10. The Vehicle Speed Sensor basically controls the tach, so the MPH gauge reads 0 at all times right now. I would think the Brake Master Cylinder would effect the brakes, but they seem fine to me. A bit mushy at first. It definitely is drivable I have driven it recently (damn it makes the CL look 4x4 since it is so low). Power Steering leak is slow, just basically have to monitor the fluid level. Battery is just old and needs replaced.

Bonus: For anyone interested in modding, I am checking on engine possibilities with a speed shop. ..this is a C series transverse mounted engine, same as the NSX engine (except NSX is mid mount). It may be possible to build a 3.2 VTEC DOHC with Legend bottom and NSX top end or similar setup. It may cost more, but dropping a full NSX engine in may be possible too.
pretty good lookin coupe. however any NSX engine swaps are out of the question. there is no way to fit the heads, just impossible, nothing matches up. Ever more out of the question is a full swap. first of, legends are NOT transverse mounted engines like NSX's, the NSX motor doesn't fit in the legend engine bay mount in anyways, nor is it worth the extra few pony's you will get after dumping as much as u can get a NSX for to just get it to work.

What will work though, is the 3.5 from a 96-04 RL.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:55 PM
3rd Gear

whats up with this car is it still for sale? any more pics of enterior or engine? I'm an interested legend owner, send me a PM please.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:11 AM
SOLD

Originally Posted by lavo
whats the big deal with these legends? how come everyone likes them so much?
Because for 1995 they were amazing, even now they still have more features than most cars on the road. Acura Legend was the FIRST ever Japenese luxury car (even before Lexus) IIRC. There are more than a few credible stories of Legends still running with 250k+ miles. Also, think of cars in 1995 that had 6MT, vacuum self closing doors, power/memory T/T steering wheel with stereo controls, heated/memory/power mirrors and seat(s), bose system w/ 6 disc, back windows that roll down on a coupe, digital climate control, traction control (old school vsa), etc...

Originally Posted by ram3ez
The legends are truly LEGENDS......one thing about them that everyone will agree on is that they were way ahead of their time. For the price you can get a nice coupe or legend sedan for you dont get the performance or quality.

Hey NR keep in touch man shipping on the car is about $800 to me in nyc I want the car but I just dont know how to go along with buying a car without looking or driving it first cause even legends are good cars they have their issues.
Distance never stopped anyone from getting what they wanted - except like a tour of Africa or something, that is a bit far. I understand the complexity of buying a car out of statethat's not from a delaership, any reasons besides this to come to Colorado? Just my stance but if I wanted a car that was out of state I would fly there and peep it. Yes Legends do have their issues, such as head gaskets someone mentioned. No head gasket issues to my or my family friend mechanics knowledge, although I haven't exactly driven the car a lot recently either.

Originally Posted by Alperovich
pretty good lookin coupe. however any NSX engine swaps are out of the question. there is no way to fit the heads, just impossible, nothing matches up. Ever more out of the question is a full swap. first of, legends are NOT transverse mounted engines like NSX's, the NSX motor doesn't fit in the legend engine bay mount in anyways, nor is it worth the extra few pony's you will get after dumping as much as u can get a NSX for to just get it to work.

What will work though, is the 3.5 from a 96-04 RL.
Yes I found that out sorry not to post it. There is at least one person on acura legend dot com that has done the C35 conversion. TYPO but I meant to say longitudinally mounted for the legend not transverse.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:15 AM
SOLD

Originally Posted by JKurl
whats up with this car is it still for sale? any more pics of enterior or engine? I'm an interested legend owner, send me a PM please.
PM'ed. I thought I covered a good amount of interior with

EDIT: You cannot receive PM's

Last edited by NightRider; 08-10-2007 at 02:20 AM.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:43 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by NightRider
PM'ed. EDIT: You cannot receive PM's
I can't send them either!? what to do, not like I need the car, actually I need to not be tempted.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
You can't send or receive PM's until you get 5 posts and have at least one day in the forum. When you get your 5th post, and it's at least your second day here, give the computer time to update, then check your profile under "Contact Info" and it should say "Send a private message to (your user name)", and then you can do PM's.

One of you two will have to leave an email address if you want to get in contact with each other.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:51 PM
SOLD

*BUMPITTY BUMP* I need money NOW, price dropped to $1500!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:39 AM
SOLD

Battery replaced, drove the car about 30 miles this weekend and it seemed just fine.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:59 PM
SOLD

Ok, so last night I posted a craigslist ad for the Legend for $1500 and got 29 emails about it in 12 hours! With that demand I am raising back up to $1800 which of course is still a sweet price IMO.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:37 AM
SOLD

Sold!

CAR SOLD FOR $1800 to a local (now) 3 Legend owner. I was surprised when I saw him roll up in a 92 5MT coupe with a swapped type II motor. He keeps a four door too since his wife is having their second baby. He also owns a del sol and an integra. After looking at and test driving the car, he definitely liked it more than his other 2 Legends, my exterior was in much better shape he said

He wasn't worried about any issues either, as he is going to use the other Legend coupe as a parts car now. Good deal with benefits for both people!

Even though everything is fine right now, at least I won't feel bad if a head gasket eventually breaks, since he can replace it with the other type II HG. I would feel bad if I sold it to someone who didn't know about Legends and wasn't prepared for something like that.

I figured someone looking to buy it would maybe be an H/A or Legend enthusiast, and I am glad it is going to a caring home. I feel a bit undercut at $1800, but still will make good use of that money. Once my financial/legal situation gets better, I may look for another 6MT Legend coupe, or maybe a mid 90s 5MT Lexus SC300 to turbo...