Color:

Location (State/Prov):

For Sale 2002 Kicker Comp VR 12's

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 11:08 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
For Sale 2002 Kicker Comp VR 12's

I am also selling two brand new, never installed, sitting in the box kicker comp vr 12 4 ohm subs. I believe the max rms on them is 400 watts and peak is 800. Please do not quote me on that, do your research before you buy anything. I am asking 119 + shipping per sub. If you are interested, email me at nito69@aol
Old 04-25-2002, 01:08 AM
on bin laden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are those the square ones?
Old 04-25-2002, 04:45 AM
Banned

fbazakos:
No, and thank god...those square subs are an engineering stupidity.

Austin519
Old 04-25-2002, 08:59 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

No, they are not the square ones. Like Austin said the square ones make no sense at all. BTW Austin have you seen the triangle ones from bazooka.
Old 04-25-2002, 10:40 AM
What can I get ya?

Actually the square ones sound really good and can handle a good bit of power.
Old 04-25-2002, 11:35 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Yes they are good for what they are, but compared to other subs around the same price there are way better subs. Either way my subs are not the square one they are th round ones.
Old 04-25-2002, 12:17 PM
Banned

bigman:
Yeah seen em :shakehd:. Don't even get my started.

moforose3.0:
Those subs are average subs...but in terms of SQ they suck. Why? Think about it...square sub that outputs radial sound waves? Already sounding like a bad idea? How about nonlinear force dispersion across the surface? Or maybe one of the big reasons round subs are round...which is to keep equal tension on the cone so that the driver stays linear, instead of bouncing to the sides (like this one does). I've seen this sub outperformed by a lot of similar priced subs...and cheaper ones...for I would assume the reasons I listed above. And don't even get me started about the sound discoloration...having four separate reflective surfaces and corners does serious irreparable damage to your SoundQ.

Austin519
Old 04-25-2002, 12:22 PM
What can I get ya?

Originally posted by Austin519
bigman:
Yeah seen em :shakehd:. Don't even get my started.

moforose3.0:
Those subs are average subs...but in terms of SQ they suck. Why? Think about it...square sub that outputs radial sound waves? Already sounding like a bad idea? How about nonlinear force dispersion across the surface? Or maybe one of the big reasons round subs are round...which is to keep equal tension on the cone so that the driver stays linear, instead of bouncing to the sides (like this one does). I've seen this sub outperformed by a lot of similar priced subs...and cheaper ones...for I would assume the reasons I listed above. And don't even get me started about the sound discoloration...having four separate reflective surfaces and corners does serious irreparable damage to your SoundQ.

Austin519
Ok man, my bad. I was just saying that they could handle some power and sounded alright. I knew they were a little pricey for what they were. No offense to your speakers, just a statement
Old 04-25-2002, 12:24 PM
Banned

moforose3.0:
Ha ha no no no man sorry. The vehemence in that wasn't directed at you. It was at Kicker. I've been mad at them ever since they came out with those...because they're just mostly an eye candy sub...they handle all right and sound average, but they're banking on the fact that stupid kids will say whoa! square sub. And that just pissed me off . Sorry if I sounded cross!

Austin519
Old 04-25-2002, 02:50 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Yeah the ones that i have are round. The square ones are known to hurt the sound quality of the beat even though they hit hard.
Old 04-25-2002, 03:18 PM
Team Owner

Are bigman and Austin519 in some kind of competition for the longest signature or something ???

I like to BRAG too, but come on.....1/2 of your sig is “future mods”. Why not wait until the equipment is at least INSTALLED before you start wasting bandwidth ???

Shawn S
Old 04-25-2002, 09:15 PM
Acurazine OG.

yeah, what he said

Old 04-25-2002, 10:06 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Originally posted by Shawn S
Are bigman and Austin519 in some kind of competition for the longest signature or something ???

I like to BRAG too, but come on.....1/2 of your sig is “future mods”. Why not wait until the equipment is at least INSTALLED before you start wasting bandwidth ???

Shawn S
Dude, how much bandwith can some text actually waste. If it wastes bandwith to hurt the site the mods will tell me and i will remove it. I started this post to sell my subs, not be told about my sig.
Old 04-26-2002, 01:33 AM
Banned

Shawn S:
This is the first stupid post I've seen you make...I'm surprised. I was hoping you were one of those that didn't make stupid posts. Go ahead and ask soopa how much bandwidth sigs take up...he should have that figure...but my sig is about 1 kbyte max. That is nothing dude. By comparison each of those smilies you posted is 275 bytes and your comment was about 100. So you about equaled my sig with just that post. Add in the replies daverman and I had to make...and the generation of the vBulletin board area you used and the fact that you made the search longer and the hash tables bigger...and it'd take me a good bit of signature to make up for it.

As for my signature itself, I will be purchasing the headers, rims, and tires within the next 3 months, the nos in the next month...the headlights I'll be clearing asap as well as tinting the brake lenses and spoiler lens. The grillecraft grille and interior lighting is my next groupbuy after the trim and sills, which I will be doing in the next month. The amplifiers and subs are sitting on my floor to be put in as soon as I get time, and the screens I will be ordering in the next 2 months as well. The computer is built and is in my car for short runs before I do a professional install. So all of these things will be put in shortly...there are many more things that I will put in later that aren't there. As for why I would put these in my sig...I have had people tell me before "hey I saw ___ in your sig and have a question", as well as "hey I saw ___ in your sig...you interested in buying ___?"...which is how I got my exhaust. So it serves a purpose aside from bragging. And of course I always get "I see you have ___, can you answer a question or two?". I have no need for bragging...I just have a lot of mods done and more planned.

So in conclusion Shawn...if you want to talk about this...ok. Go make a new thread about it. But this is bigman's for sale thread...so at least please keep it to the topic. But know that every time you do you just waste more space...and make me have to post these 2.135 kbyte long posts .

Austin519
p.s. - did you know that bigman's sig...which is 872 bytes long...is only 19 bytes longer than yours, which is 853? How do you say...the letters are so tiny! Well...your http links and funky fonts actually make up more html code than bigman's long, normal sig. So if you're so worried...maybe do a standard ascii sig eh?
Old 04-26-2002, 02:43 AM
Everybody Wang Chung

"Hey man look at that thing, it's huge," (Tiny Elvis)
Old 04-26-2002, 07:49 PM
Team Owner

Shawn S:
This is the first stupid post I've seen you make...I'm surprised. ...bla...bla...bla...
Well, I'll keep the reply short & sweet with no smiles.

Soopa has mentioned in the past that signatures take up a lot of resources
and many (including me) took out some of the added graphics & info we had in
there.
I can't comment on bit & bytes because that isn't my specialty.
I was commenting mainly on SCREEN space.
When you two were replying back and forth, each reply took up more then HALF
the screen.
If you have a lot to say, go HORIZONTAL instead of making each entry a new
line.

I didn't mean to stir up an argument. I know sigs can be valuable.
I get quite a lot of E-Mail and PM's about my car as well from people that
"lurk" here, but are afraid to post.

PEACE OUT.....Shawn S
Old 04-26-2002, 10:35 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

I come and see that my post is 2 pages long and i'm thinking oooooh buyers, but i am glad that everything is peaced up. BTW my subs are still for sale.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:57 PM
Everybody Wang Chung

Just by the way that is a good price for those subs, I would buy them but I already have 4.
Old 04-27-2002, 01:23 AM
Banned

Shawn S:
Yeah bud meant no ill will...just making an argument. But mine is all horizontal...I don't understand ...I only have /n (newline) under each section...if you stretched out the screen my sig would be like I think 7 lines long? But ok...no point in arguing . Glad we pieced it together. And I do agree...bigman you are guilty of the vertical issue

And yeah....SOMEONE BUY HIS SUBS!

Austin519
Old 04-27-2002, 06:27 PM
Got BOOST????

fbazakos:
No, and thank god...those square subs are an engineering stupidity.

Austin519
Wanna bet man. My shit will rattle ur brains. (Just for a refference, Don't knock them till u try them)
Old 04-28-2002, 02:50 AM
Banned

bnavarro:
And what exactly makes you think I haven't? I've installed 10 sets of these in various cars, various boxes, powered by various subs. That is just solo installs. When I did a little side work for a local shop I installed quite a few, since Kicker is one of the brands they pushed most. So sure, I would be happy to bet. Why are they bad?

1) Sound waves disperse radially, but the cone is square...this leads to uneven dispersion (nonradial).
2) The cone is subjected to different forces at the corners than at the edges in terms of the spider
3) The sub's linear movement normally is steadied (dulling transverse movement) by a circular cone...a square cone is nowhere near as efficient in this.

There are three reasons for you...just plain physics. Also...you would get more surface area from a circular cone with a diameter the same length as the sub's diagonal...while the benefit of being able to mount subs right next to each other isn't a good idea...mounting subs that close will cause cross interference among other things...

Not only that...but most of the L7's I have ever seen have had problems with them. I believe a figure I heard awhile back from my shop guy was that 20% were returned for defects?

So not knocking your stuff...and the square sub is a cool idea...Bazooka has a triangular one actually. But realize you're buying into looks, not sound.

Austin519