Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Location (State/Prov):

CLOSED: NBP Painted/clear coated/baked head lights TRADE ONLY.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NBP Painted/clear coated/baked head lights TRADE ONLY.

Category: Accessories
Price: $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part Fits (you may select multiples): TL 4G
Location (State/Prov/Terr): NY
Item Condition: Brand New

Hello,

I was unfortunate enough to have been involved in a fender bender with an 18 wheelers. It wasn't bad, or high speed but my TLs headlights, grill and bumper were no match for the bottom of the trailer bed. My body shop was offered to paint a few extra things for me. I did not know one of them was the front headlights. They look really awesome during the day, and really cool at night. With the painted grill it looks like a new age kit car. I love the look of it, but i have one huge problem. At night it dims the lights, and i don't like driving it at night. I have 20% tints on my car, and it is pretty much impossible to see at night because of the combination of the two. The lights were done with top notch quality, they were sanded, then painted twice, clear coated, and then baked. The paint (ACURA NBP Paint) and clear coat, are pretty much IN the plastic. It does not look painted, it looks as if the plastic was made that way...... I know pictures are needed, but my iphone is broken, and it will have to wait until about 12 when i run to the apple store.

I would like to swap these with someone in the NYC/LONG ISLAND area. i don't want to sell, i just want a stock set of lights simple trade. I will help you swap them when we meet.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Any pics?
Old 05-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
They did all the work to open them just to paint the actual lens on the side?
Old 05-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Instructor

I'll have picks in about an hour, i'm waiting for my iphone to be replaced. and actl05. Not sure how they did it, and itst he whole headlight lense. not just the side markers.

also, this is 2010 tl. I noticed you both own 3g tls.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Instructor

Old 05-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Redwood Original

Received 188 Likes on 172 Posts
that looks really badass but that is completely pointless. thats worse than having those headlight covers everybody used to put on their cars.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by NBP_Aspec_05
that looks really badass but that is completely pointless. thats worse than having those headlight covers everybody used to put on their cars.
it looks really awesome, and it looks much much better then the clip on lenses mustangs used to have. It is really well done, and the paint is not on top. it is pretty much fused into the lens. It is worthless in the fact that at night on dark highways or streets with not street lights, there is no visibility because it dims the headlights so much.

PLEASE TRADE.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:44 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by jpmunoz
it looks really awesome, and it looks much much better then the clip on lenses mustangs used to have. It is really well done, and the paint is not on top. it is pretty much fused into the lens. It is worthless in the fact that at night on dark highways or streets with not street lights, there is no visibility because it dims the headlights so much.

PLEASE TRADE.

Let me save you some aggravation, I'd be furious if a body shop ruined my lights like these guys did, not sure who's idea it was but it certainly ruined the lights.

No one in their right mind would trade their OEM lights for these ones, even though when not lit they do look bad ass, but it just negates the idea of having headlights if you cant see at night.

You have two options to fix these lights.

1) Sand them down using aggressive sanding and then polish them back after all the paint has been taken off, once polished lay down some ventureshields on the lenses.

2) Find a set of cheap headlights on ebay with busted internals etc and swap the front lenses with these .

I hope this helps.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JnC
Let me save you some aggravation, I'd be furious if a body shop ruined my lights like these guys did, not sure who's idea it was but it certainly ruined the lights.

No one in their right mind would trade their OEM lights for these ones, even though when not lit they do look bad ass, but it just negates the idea of having headlights if you cant see at night.

1) Sand them down using aggressive sanding and then polish them back after all the paint has been taken off, once polished lay down some ventureshields on the lenses.

2) Find a set of cheap headlights on ebay with busted internals etc and swap the front lenses with these .

I hope this helps.
thanks for the advise. i really don't want to bother the shop. I had a huge copay and they ate it, and did some extra work (front rear grill, lights, a few scratches) so they really went out of their way for me. I had a buddy of mine who has a small shop look at it. he took one of the lights off, and said that they baked it for so long that the paint is in the plastic ( i dont know what i am talking about so i believe him.) he initially said lets sand it, lacker the lense then gloss it over. Once he took the lense out he said no way. it would be so bridle it would be a waste to drive around with it. He was the one that gave me the idea to trade it. He liked to so much he swore i'd be able to get it traded on the forum.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JnC

I hope this helps.
as the headlight guy, can't you find me a new lens somewhere?
Old 05-02-2011, 02:30 PM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
as the headlight guy, can't you find me a new lens somewhere?
I usually check ebay for used headlights or damaged ones, currently all the 09+ lights listed there are way over priced, I can say that without even knowing your budget.

If your friend has the means to sand/polish the lenses then I'd suggest doing that first to see if it works, obviously you cant damage them or make them any worse (functionality wise) than they are currently.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Instructor

anybody?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
anybody?
I may have found you a decent pair but you will have to pay around $400. You may want to pay someone just to take these and make it easier.

As much as the shop helped you, they kinda screwed you over because they ruined your $600+ (each) headlights.

There is no other way unless you find a broken set and part out the rest of the headlight after you use the lens.

or

You can just sell them on EBAY, re-coupe some money and then buy other non-modded ones.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:54 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

I was unfortunate enough to have been involved in a fender bender with an 18 wheelers. It wasn't bad, or high speed but my TLs headlights, grill and bumper were no match for the bottom of the trailer bed. My body shop was offered to paint a few extra things for me. I did not know one of them was the front headlights. They look really awesome during the day, and really cool at night. With the painted grill it looks like a new age kit car. I love the look of it, but i have one huge problem. At night it dims the lights, and i don't like driving it at night. I have 20% tints on my car, and it is pretty much impossible to see at night because of the combination of the two. The lights were done with top notch quality, they were sanded, then painted twice, clear coated, and then baked. The paint (ACURA NBP Paint) and clear coat, are pretty much IN the plastic. It does not look painted, it looks as if the plastic was made that way...... I know pictures are needed, but my iphone is broken, and it will have to wait until about 12 when i run to the apple store.

I would like to swap these with someone in the NYC/LONG ISLAND area. i don't want to sell, i just want a stock set of lights simple trade. I will help you swap them when we meet.
Do you have a pic?
Old 02-29-2016, 09:17 AM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
Old 02-29-2016, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny7899
Do you have a pic?
The OP hasn't updated the thread since 05-02-2011, and hasn't logged in since 10-09-2013.

In addition to that, read the noob notice you see each time you log in and you will see that you are not allowed to sell or trade anything yet.

This thread is closed due to lack of updates or bumps by OP.

You can send a PM if you think there's a chance, and the OP can PM me with a link to this thread if he/she wants this opened.