NEW July 28th: More Pictures of 2004 TL in high res & multiple colors!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003 | 07:47 PM
Suzuka Master

I am on board for the HPT-Navi, but it would be very disappointing to think the HPT model would not have at least 18" wheels and rims to distinguish it from the base models.

Personally, as evident by my blurry avatar, I loved the wheels on the concept!
Old 07-28-2003 | 08:04 PM
Advanced

I have no problem learning how to drive the manual, if it's cheaper with the nav, but I can see the manual with nav being more than the automatic. Now on models such as the Pacifica and PT Cruiser the manual is less than the automatic. Do you think it will be different for Acura since this is the first manual TL?
Old 07-28-2003 | 08:15 PM
The Third Ball

It will be like the current accords and the tsx. The manual will be the same price as the automatics.
Old 07-28-2003 | 08:17 PM
10th Gear

I just noticed the accelerator...it looks like one that goes all the way to the ground...a la BMW etc. looking at it closer it looks like a dead pedal...im confused

since i dont know how to post pictures...its the 16th picture down on the 1st post on this thread
Old 07-28-2003 | 09:17 PM
Race Director

I hope that pic didn't get u in trouble, looks like a cop was on the left
Old 07-28-2003 | 09:18 PM
Race Director

I was wondering what u guys mean by Perforated, I know its the one with holes in the seats, but is that leather or cloth than?

THANKS

Still hoping for Ventilated SEATS!
Old 07-28-2003 | 09:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by 2004TL

Hey man ... I for one think it was more than worth it for ssh to take it for the team and get arrested

I can imagine the "Free ssh" posts now and the massive drive to raise his bail
Old 07-28-2003 | 09:52 PM
Pro

I was wondering what u guys mean by Perforated, I know its the one with holes in the seats, but is that leather or cloth than?

THANKS

Still hoping for Ventilated SEATS!
Perforated Leather Seating = Leather with tiny holes punched in it. No Acura car has cloth seating aside from the maybe the RSX, not really sure on that one.
Old 07-28-2003 | 10:00 PM
Advanced

I'm confused. What photo in the above collection do you all think has 18" inch rims?? Cause I believe I'm only seeing 17's. (???) If we are indeed only seeing 17's with the manual tranny, then I suspect the auto will also have the brembo's, which I'm really happy about.

I'm also hoping that the non-nav models will come with the awesome screen. One would think it would be impossible to have technology such as Bluetooth and 5.1 sound without such an interface.
Old 07-28-2003 | 10:01 PM
Race Director

I wonder how the 2004 TL will look like with a Spoiler or a lip?
Old 07-28-2003 | 10:04 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by ben1233
I'm confused. What photo in the above collection do you all think has 18" inch rims?? Cause I believe I'm only seeing 17's. (???) If we are indeed only seeing 17's with the manual tranny, then I suspect the auto will also have the brembo's, which I'm really happy about.
I am happy too!

It hurts me to wait 1 year for this car, and to be buying a base model and losing features that are in the 6MT!

I mean come on you dont sell 35-37k car and than have a better car with bigger rims and brembos and better TIRES, HOW DARE YOU!!
Old 07-28-2003 | 10:11 PM
Race Director

According to this guy:

[QUOTE]I went to Radley Acura dealer today and by luck, I found one of Acura guys, not Dealer, but Acura.
I asked him about the HPT package and he informed me that the HPT package will not be any different than the 6 Speed Manual and that it'll have the same Spec's...
But the only difference is that it's going to have rims similar to the one on NSX.
But he didn't recommend it at all unless I would like to change my tires often because my long distance driving. [QUOTE]

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=121392

He said that the HPT will just be NSX Rims with diff Tires.. But we like to differ as it has Brembos, but than again I hear the Automatic will have brembos too!
Old 07-28-2003 | 10:38 PM
ySL
Advanced

The rear end of that new TL is not doing it for me at all and is becoming a major reason as to why I am still happy with my TSX..

However, the side view of that car is just sick... very nicely done.

Acura should definetely do what Infiniti did and release a coupe version of this TL next year with an improved design in the back...
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:34 PM
Intermediate

ha-ha, the cop was actually there to check out the transport. I don't they had a permit for loading 6 cars onto a truck right off 4th Ave in the middle of morning traffic
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by ySL

Acura should definetely do what Infiniti did and release a coupe version of this TL next year with an improved design in the back...
the entire g35 coupe looks 100x better than the sedan.
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Charmed

I thought HIDS were getting banned? What exactly is better? HIDS or Xenon?
aftermarket HID kits might bet banned. it has nothing to do with OEM HIDs.
Old 07-28-2003 | 11:56 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by iNteGraz92
the entire g35 coupe looks 100x better than the sedan.
How much dope u smoke today?

J/K
Old 07-29-2003 | 02:32 AM
Burning Brakes

How much dope u smoke today?

J/K
i smoke nothing! :P
seriously, the g35 sedan is ugly, the coupe just looks SO much better. lower and wider stance, as well as a nicer rear end.
Old 07-29-2003 | 02:39 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by iNteGraz92
i smoke nothing! :P
seriously, the g35 sedan is ugly, the coupe just looks SO much better. lower and wider stance, as well as a nicer rear end.

O LOL, I thought u said g35 coupe looked 100x better than the 2004 Acura TL, I WAS LIKE ok maybe if its your opinion, I could agree on 10-20x better but G35 being 100 Times better

LOL I misunderstood you..

Also if u got a 2004 TL You would smoke a lot, CARS THAT IS
Old 07-29-2003 | 02:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Also if u got a 2004 TL You would smoke a lot, CARS THAT IS
Old 07-29-2003 | 07:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Another A-TL transplant. These pictures are incredible. This site is incredible. How come you guys get the scoop? How come it isn't on A-TL?

The more I see, the more I like. In particular, I like that there are more audio controls on the steering wheel (e.g. I can change the mode now!). The pic with what appears to be a manual shifter is heartening. That picture led to a heated discussion with the wife over how I was NOT going to get a car with a manual tranny... Guess again! (She doesn't even drive my current TL, won't let her because of the tranny issue)
Old 07-29-2003 | 08:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by ben1233

I'm also hoping that the non-nav models will come with the awesome screen. One would think it would be impossible to have technology such as Bluetooth and 5.1 sound without such an interface.
First, you would not need the LCD for Bluetooth. If Acura does this the right way, the only thing you would lose by not having the LCD is the Bluetooth caller id and directory functions.

Additionally, there is no need for the LCD to have a 5.1 stereo. Sorry.

I think a lot of us thought the wheel close up was 18", but after having it enlarged it was indeed only 17".

I still think there is a population that will be disappointed if the HPT actually reaches dealer showrooms and only has 17" wheels. Again, back to doing it the right way, Acura should put a unique (HPT specific) 18" or larger rim on the HPT.

------------
According to this guy:

[QUOTE]I went to Radley Acura dealer today and by luck, I found one of Acura guys, not Dealer, but Acura.
I asked him about the HPT package and he informed me that the HPT package will not be any different than the 6 Speed Manual and that it'll have the same Spec's...
But the only difference is that it's going to have rims similar to the one on NSX.
But he didn't recommend it at all unless I would like to change my tires often because my long distance driving. [QUOTE]

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-messa...sage_id=121392

He said that the HPT will just be NSX Rims with diff Tires.. But we like to differ as it has Brembos, but than again I hear the Automatic will have brembos too!

I will never know where you get this information, but again, I hope it is right although the NSX still only has 17" wheels, which means the HPT would not have 18"'s.

I wish you would ask "the guy" about ventilated seats.
Old 07-29-2003 | 08:46 AM
Team NBP Stealth Fighter

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2004TL
[B]According to this guy:

I went to Radley Acura dealer today and by luck, I found one of Acura guys, not Dealer, but Acura.
If the only difference is 18" tires and rims then I'll opt for a standard 6MT. That is unless the 18s look really sweet!
Old 07-29-2003 | 09:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by VtecMW
If the only difference is 18" tires and rims then I'll opt for a standard 6MT. That is unless the 18s look really sweet!
I may be right with you. I am really hoping the the rims on the concept will make the HPT model. They are great.

If it only plain 17's, I'll just get the manual. If they are unique, I'll definitely go with the HPT.
Old 07-29-2003 | 10:29 AM
Pro

Originally posted by EmuMessenger
I may be right with you. I am really hoping the the rims on the concept will make the HPT model. They are great.

If it only plain 17's, I'll just get the manual. If they are unique, I'll definitely go with the HPT.
Where is Stash - he had all the info on the HPT package.

I am hoping that the HPT package also includes the brembos (not on all 6spd's), otherwise I would have gotten the std 6sp (with brembos) and upgraded to aftermarket 18" and MUCH better tires. IMO (and it seems others) the RE030 suck, only other car that uses them is the GS400/430.

there are other much better tires out there in the 235/45-17 size (extreemly popular size even for smaller cars such as Audi A4) such as yoko's, Michelin, Pirelli, etc.

If the 6spd comes std with brembos I will be disappointed (only becuase I ordered the HPT package with the lousy 17" and RE030's
Old 07-29-2003 | 11:55 AM
Intermediate

Are you talking about the dual climate control bar? My sisters catera has that.
No, I'm talking about the upper console on the roof...it extends well into the windshield
Old 07-29-2003 | 12:27 PM
Intermediate

Hey Guys,

The car looks awesome but we don’t need to forget that this car is made in the U.S not Japan, so the quality will not match the Japanese workmen ship. I think we need to give the car a year or two before buying so they can fix the bugs.
Old 07-29-2003 | 12:40 PM
__

Originally posted by Tiger
Hey Guys,

The car looks awesome but we don’t need to forget that this car is made in the U.S not Japan, so the quality will not match the Japanese workmen ship. I think we need to give the car a year or two before buying so they can fix the bugs.
Bugs? I have a 99 TL (the first year of the last gen) and I have had ZERO problems. In fact, I have not had any problems with any of my American made Acura's.
Old 07-29-2003 | 12:42 PM
Racer

Hey Guys,

I have an early '01 CL-S. The only problem I've had was an exhaust heat shield rattle that developed at around 30k miles. It was easy to fix once I tracked it down. Except when on very rough pavement the car is rattle free after 47k miles. When the moon roof starts squeaking, cleaning the rubber seal and where it contacts the roof with Clearguard (or something similar) fixes the noise for several months.

While there are cars built in the US that I would not buy the first year, I would buy an Acura built here. Sure, there is a somewhat higher chance of problems early in the product cycle, but I can live with that.

-r
Old 07-29-2003 | 12:43 PM
Intermediate

Then you were lucky..Knock on wood.
Old 07-29-2003 | 12:59 PM
Advanced

ive never had a problem with any of my american built Acura/Honda cars-maybe im just lucky
Old 07-29-2003 | 01:13 PM
Intermediate

Yes, you are lucky but this thing didn't happen to me as I bought 2003 Honda accord LX-V6 and gave a lot of problems (Wheel alignment which 3 dealers couldn't fix / Rattles from the windows / Ignition problems). After all these problems I said no more Japanese cars built in the US so I changed the car to TSX and of course I lost about CAD$ 5000.00 which I had the car for 7 months.

I hope you Guys have better luck than me.
Old 07-29-2003 | 01:41 PM
Pro

Nice, very nice!!!!

OK! Now I complain. Where is my auto tilt and telescopic wheel? What about the standard auto lights? I see that the control for the lights has changed and now looks Lexus like for those of you who know what I'm talking about. Look close. The Off , ?, ? are on the stalk and not on the barrel as in the past.

Were the cup holder door(s) just open?? Please let there be a cover. Couldn't make out whether or not it had the water sensors for auto wipers even with the close up of the rear view mirror.

And why does it have a different mirror then the TSX? It looks like the one I have in my current TL and that ain't bad as I hate the TSX's mirror. When I want auto dim off, I want it off until I turn it on. Just my opinion there

Either way, I will be getting my third TL as I'm happy with what I see over all. Well, having to pay $$$$$ for fogs is going to upset me. Hey, maybe I can get them at a discount or thrown in for free as I've been telling my dealership everything about TL since they are peons. Their self discription, not mine.
Old 07-29-2003 | 01:52 PM
Drifting

Then you were lucky..Knock on wood.
No he wasn't lucky, because the reality is that a vast majority of American-made Hondas hold up really well. My 01 CL-S was/is flawless for me except for a minor sunroof rattle.
Old 07-29-2003 | 02:09 PM
Safety Car

seriously, some people had the same problems with their tsx's rattling, does that mean i should judge a whole group based on a couple bad apples? the tl with be fine.
Old 07-29-2003 | 02:25 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by heyitsme
seriously, some people had the same problems with their tsx's rattling, does that mean i should judge a whole group based on a couple bad apples? the tl with be fine.
Thank you.
Old 07-29-2003 | 02:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

What are those?

I thought HIDS were getting banned? What exactly is better? HIDS or Xenon?
Xenon lights are HID lights... high intensity discharge.

The question that I have is if it will be offered in duel xenon (high/low beam)? bi-xenon is the term used by other manufacturers. That would be nice... and add in self leveling.
Old 07-29-2003 | 03:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Hey Guys,

Just remember: The only major part of the current TL made in Japan, the transmission, is the one that is giving current TL owners the most headache. Even though the profits from my purchase go to Japan, I am proud that the current car was designed and built by Americans.

I agree with your last sentence, though--there are enough beta-testers in this thread to give the new TL a through going-over by the time you and I buy in another year .
Old 07-29-2003 | 03:55 PM
Burning Brakes

if all goes to plan, we'll have our new TL October 6, so I can provide details and any pics anyone needs
Old 07-29-2003 | 04:33 PM
10th Gear

Re: NEW July 28th: More Pictures of 2004 TL in high res & multiple colors!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by soopa

The accelerator looks like a dead pedal???? , i like that it goes all the way to the ground, i just dont know how it would work

Quick Reply: NEW July 28th: More Pictures of 2004 TL in high res & multiple colors!