Infiniti: QX60 News

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,663 Likes on 13,899 Posts
Nope, me neither. Not the biggest fan of the look either.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:03 PM
I shoot people

Received 2,808 Likes on 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX69
reminds me of this (which was a failure even tho I kinda liked it)

Old 03-27-2012, 12:09 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,826 Likes on 2,573 Posts
I've been an eye on this since the LA Auto Show.

Personally, I think it look greats, especially in person.

The whole design for entry into the 3rd row is brilliant. Its a bit of an improvement on what the GM trio (enclave, acadia, traverse) do...except I think a little better, and to be able to do with with a car seat installed is HUGE.

Its on my list of next vehicle a 3rd row. My number one choice is still the Durango, with the Flex in 2nd. My wife will probably either want the Flex, or potentially this.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:26 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
At least Infiniti of late has been consistent.

Consistent with designs.

What happened to Infiniti? ....just when they were hitting their stride a few years back....now they've gone completely off the rails.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:35 PM
I shoot people

There's always the Pathfinder

Old 03-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
this JX is pure shit.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Sarlacc
I've been an eye on this since the LA Auto Show.

Personally, I think it look greats, especially in person.

The whole design for entry into the 3rd row is brilliant. Its a bit of an improvement on what the GM trio (enclave, acadia, traverse) do...except I think a little better, and to be able to do with with a car seat installed is HUGE.

Its on my list of next vehicle a 3rd row. My number one choice is still the Durango, with the Flex in 2nd. My wife will probably either want the Flex, or potentially this.
So, maybe it's just not photogenic?

I'll have to see one in person then.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:53 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
looks decent to me though i prefer the pathfinder design more
Old 03-27-2012, 02:55 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,826 Likes on 2,573 Posts
The new pathfinder is on my list also since its a twin...im pathfinder fan...

im torn...im really bummed they wussified the pathfinder...but I guess the Xterra fills the gap now.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
i think so too, but I hope they bring over the Patrol as a full size replacement for the Armada.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I can't figure out the logic why this was a focus for Infiniti right now. With the way mpg and gas prices are, how many people are really going to be buying this monstrous bad gas mileage piece of shit??

I think it looks nice, but why buy it for any other reason? They should be focusing on redesigning/retuning the EX and FX, whose sales suck, and work on the redesign of the G line, not to mention bringing back the flagship sedan somewhere down the line.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:28 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Originally Posted by smarty666
I can't figure out the logic why this was a focus for Infiniti right now. With the way mpg and gas prices are, how many people are really going to be buying this monstrous bad gas mileage piece of shit??

I think it looks nice, but why buy it for any other reason? They should be focusing on redesigning/retuning the EX and FX, whose sales suck, and work on the redesign of the G line, not to mention bringing back the flagship sedan somewhere down the line.
The EPA ratings aren't that bad...I think they are on par with most competitors (MDX, RX350, etc).

However, given Infiniti's recent reputation of producing high performance vehicles, I'm surprised the new JX is only given a 265hp V6 engine with CVT. It's not much less than the RX350, but the RX according to most tests is significantly faster than the JX, despite not being a sporty vehicle. Also, the MDX is already at 300hp even though it's in its last model year before the new one comes out. I have a feeling the Earth Dream engine will make its way into the 3g MDX and that would seriously leave the JX in the dust. I thought Infiniti would at least put the G37's engine and tranny into the JX just to maintain Infiniti's performance reputation. I guess the fact that the JX is based on the Maxima platform prevents that from happening? Or perhaps Infiniti thought that, if people want the performance, they would buy the FX instead. The FX however does not have 7 seats.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
Many of Infiniti's missed opportunities end up holding keys to an Acura MDX

The power delivery from the trusty 3.5-liter VQ won't snap any necks (we estimate the 4,419-pound JX will do 0-60 in about eight seconds), but it was more than sufficient to move the Infiniti down the road with poise and resolution, if not passion – the CVT extinguishes any urge for enthusiastic driving. the CVT extinguishes any urge for enthusiastic driving <-----

Again (and IMHO): The FX37's powertain should have been used, NOT the Murano's....if nothing else, at least to maintain equipment differentiation vs Nissan's lineup, if not for performance reasons.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:43 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
That's no crossover. Decrease the ground clearance by four inches and put sliding doors on the back and you have a luxury minivan.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:50 PM
I shoot people

I think lowered with wheels will be pretty cool...

...but then again... just about anything lowered with wheels looks better
Old 03-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Why hasn't Nissan introduced direct injection in its engines?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:39 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
^^ They hang out with the boys at Honda
Old 03-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
At least Infiniti of late has been consistent.

Consistent with designs.

What happened to Infiniti? ....just when they were hitting their stride a few years back....now they've gone completely off the rails.
Agreed
Old 03-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
The thing looks like crap. Infiniti has gone hit their vehicles with the Acura stick. Their large SUV (QX56) is absolutely atrocious. This one (JX) is bland to unattractive. The M is bulbous and odd looking. The G sedans are looking dated. I don't get it with Japanese car makers. They continue to insist on wild oscillations and changes in their design from generation to generation.

The Europeans have mastered the are of smart evolutionary design changes. BMW has improved it's line in the current generation but it still looks undeniably like a BMW. The same goes for Audi and MB. SMDH.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:29 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by psteng19
Why hasn't Nissan introduced direct injection in its engines?
they supposedly partnered with Mercedes and will be using their DI engines , probably starting with the new G
Old 03-28-2012, 12:50 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
The EPA ratings aren't that bad...I think they are on par with most competitors (MDX, RX350, etc).

However, given Infiniti's recent reputation of producing high performance vehicles, I'm surprised the new JX is only given a 265hp V6 engine with CVT. It's not much less than the RX350, but the RX according to most tests is significantly faster than the JX, despite not being a sporty vehicle. Also, the MDX is already at 300hp even though it's in its last model year before the new one comes out. I have a feeling the Earth Dream engine will make its way into the 3g MDX and that would seriously leave the JX in the dust. I thought Infiniti would at least put the G37's engine and tranny into the JX just to maintain Infiniti's performance reputation. I guess the fact that the JX is based on the Maxima platform prevents that from happening? Or perhaps Infiniti thought that, if people want the performance, they would buy the FX instead. The FX however does not have 7 seats.
you can compare to MB GL class. It is more of people mover than performance SUV. It is more spacious than MDX/RX.
This thing looks huge.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:06 AM
OG Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Inside Line - 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD
An Infiniti for Mrs. Mainstream

http://www.insideline.com/infiniti/j...and-video.html

Car and Driver - 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD
Infiniti turns the volume to seven (passengers).

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...er-test-review

Automobile Magazine - 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD
A new segment and a new focus.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...ive/index.html

Left Lane News - 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD
The missing link to Infiniti’s well-received line of crossovers and SUVs.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/infiniti...ve-review.html

Road & Track - 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD
Infiniti aims for the middle with 7-passenger JX crossover.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/dr...-infiniti-jx35

Autoblog - 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD
Plugging a hole with a seven-passenger synthetic cork.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/27/2...-drive-review/

Autoweek - 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD
Infiniti throws its hat into the premium three-row-crossover ring.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...IEWS/120329868

Winding Road - 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD
Infiniti has a goal. It plans to sell over 600,000 cars around the world by 2016.

http://www.windingroad.com/articles/...niti-jx35-awd/
The following users liked this post:
F23A4 (03-28-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 05:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
So it’s not exactly a driver’s car, but few crossovers are. One exception, ironically, is the Acura MDX. Its sophisticated Super Handling All-Wheel-Drive system not only provides additional all-weather traction but also aids handling with side-to-side rear-wheel torque vectoring, and the Acura’s steering provides good feel and accuracy. The Infiniti’s all-wheel-drive setup, on the other hand, offers no torque vectoring, and although its steering has some weight when pointed straight ahead, the heft disappears once a few degrees of lock are dialed in. - Car and Driver

VQ Yes, CVT No
Like the Murano, the JX35 uses Nissan's VQ35DE 3.5-liter V6 with variable intake timing, putting out 265 horsepower at 6,400 rpm and 248 pound-feet of torque at 4,400 rpm. While we can't fault Infiniti's engine choice, as the VQ V6 puts out enough smooth power to adequately move this 4,537-pounder in most situations, we can fault Infiniti for borrowing the Murano's continuously variable transmission (CVT). Although it works well enough for some people, the CVT doesn't have the level of refinement you would expect from a vehicle in this class.

We suspect that Infiniti used the CVT to deliver more competitive fuel economy numbers. In that respect, the CVT makes sense, as the EPA rates the JX35 AWD at 18 city/23 highway/20 combined mpg (the front-drive model returns 18 city/24 highway/21 combined). Acura's MDX is rated at 16/21/18, while the Lexus RX 350 AWD comes in at 18/24/20. We noted observed mileage of 17.8 mpg during our time with the JX35 AWD.

That fuel mileage comes at the expense of performance. Straight-line testing at the track certainly proved the CVT wasn't chosen for throw-you-into-the-seatback acceleration. The JX could only muster zero to 60 mph in 8.3 seconds (8.0 seconds with a 1-foot rollout like at a drag strip). For comparison, the last 2011 Acura MDX we tested hit 60 in 7.3 seconds and the 2011 Lexus RX 350 AWD took just 7.1 seconds.

So the performance isn't really there, despite an Infiniti exec trying to spin us. "We didn't just want to build a school bus," he said. "We wanted to build an Infiniti."
- Inside Line

Sorry, Infiniti FTL on this one. If you're going to stick with a CVT, at least use the Maxima's setup.

EDIT: I don't mean to be so down on this crossover but having had the Murano for a number of years, it's ONLY con was the CVT. This makes the JX a non-consideration for me...and I'm a target buyer: current 09 MDX driver whose car is coming off lease this year. I wouldnt get the JX over a 12 MDX. I even turned down an invitation from Ray Catena Infiniti to sample the JX....simply pass.

Last edited by F23A4; 03-28-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
I hate the proportion, it's too long. it's one of the reasons why I also don't like the Buick Enclave. The MDX strikes a perfect silhouette for a crossover (altho at the expense of 3rd row occupants)
Old 03-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,395 Likes on 700 Posts
Arrow Hybrid

Infiniti will offer a hybrid version of its 7-passenger JX crossover in 2014, moving the luxury brand deeper into an alternative-powerplant strategy.

The addition will be called the QX60 Hybrid, in accordance with this year's planned portfolio-wide change in product names. Infiniti says it will deliver a 24% improvement in fuel economy and retail for about $3,000 more than the nonhybrid version.

Infiniti plans to unveil the hybrid version this month at the New York auto show.

Infiniti already is selling a hybrid powertrain version of its flagship M sedan, and recently revealed that it will also introduce a hybrid version of the upcoming Q50 this summer when that nameplate replaces the G37.

That will be 3 key hybrid products for the 2014 model year. Infiniti also plans to introduce an all-electric sedan in 2014, using the architecture of the Nissan Leaf.

Hybrid commitment

Infiniti vowed to put hybrid gasoline-electric powertrains into more models after parent company Nissan Motor Co. developed in-house hybrid drives in 2010.

"This allows us to offer power performance while still reaching what we believe will be best-in-class fuel economy,"
an Infiniti brand spokesman says. "Luxury customers want both."

Final EPA figures are not available, but Infiniti estimates the hybrid will deliver 26 mpg in combined city and highway driving, compared with an EPA-rated 21 mpg combined for the nonhybrid front-wheel-drive 2013 JX.

The QX60 Hybrid operates with a supercharged 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine teamed with a 15 kilowatt electric motor, delivering 250 net hp. The nonhybrid JX uses a 3.5-liter V-6 and produces 265 hp.

No lost interior space

The hybrid system's lithium ion battery module is positioned under the crossover's 3rd-row seat and will not affect the vehicle's interior cargo area or floor space.

Infiniti introduced the JX in March 2012. It was the brand's 2nd-highest volume product after the G last year, as retailers sold 21,674 units. It is built in Smyrna, Tenn.

U.S. sales of the Infiniti G last year rose 3% to 59,844.

You can reach Lindsay Chappell at lchappell@crain.com.
Old 09-25-2020, 10:17 AM

Received 5,303 Likes on 3,637 Posts
https://www.motor1.com/news/445714/i...ph-first-look/

The current Infiniti QX60 three-row SUV is an important product, selling more examples each year than any of the brand’s other models. But in terms of driving enthusiasm, it’s something of a stuffed shirt, amounting to little more than a Nissan Pathfinder with some added chrome and glitz. That might change, if the Infiniti QX60 Monograph turns out to be a close preview of the next-generation midsize crossover.

As a Monograph, this QX60 is best described as a prototype, rather than a production-ready model. Still, Infiniti says the design sets the tone for the next-generation QX60, which the company will reveal in 2021. Specifically, the Monograph is a preview of the SUV’s proportions and design elements, allowing us to make a few assumptions about the production model.

While the current QX60 is vaguely minivan-like, with a sloping front end and oversized greenhouse, the Monograph is an avowed SUV design. There’s an upright front grille that leads to a nearly horizontal hood, while a long wheelbase and tapered greenhouse shape give the prototype a much more formal, traditional design. There’s no denying some Lincoln Aviator influence, particularly the shape of the D-pillar and roof spoiler, but overall, the Monograph is a big improvement over the 2020 QX60.

Also lending a muscular hand are larger, more pronounced fenders. The bulging front wheel arches sit below the hood when viewed in profile, while the rear fenders develop from an upswept rocker panel. Taken together, the bodywork emphasizes the QX60 Monograph’s added width. Large wheels (embossed with the Infiniti-script wordmark) fill out the fenders rather well, again highlighting the prototype’s bold stance.

Between the arches is a strong, sharp, horizontal character line that starts a few inches underneath the front fenders and disappears just after crossing under the rear fender. Infiniti says this feature visually raises the center of gravity, giving the QX60 Mongraph a taller, prouder appearance. Looking down the side of the body from the front or the rear, the horizontal line is a bit fussy and distracting, though. We wish it were integrated into the fenders a bit more.

There’s not much to complain about regarding the QX60’s graceful, softly contoured rear end. The license plate mount moves from the hatch to the bumper, ditching the current SUV’s chrome trim between the lights in the process. Adding visual width is the work of a dark-tinted tail light element spanning from corner to corner, bookended on top and bottom by the Infiniti logo and wordmark. It’s a much cleaner design that looks very premium, while also maintaining the brand’s design cues like wing-shaped lighting and wide Infiniti script.

One of the QX60 Monograph’s most interesting design features is its new lighting. Rendered in LEDs, the head- and tail lights get a new “digital piano key” motif, with translucent vertical lines separating the daytime running lamps. The front and rear lighting also gets a unique welcome animation, with light radiating out from the illuminated front emblem across the headlights and sideview mirror turn signals.The QX60 Monograph has a new greenhouse shape that does away with Infiniti’s “crescent cut” rear roof pillar – at least in theory. However, the window trim’s unique, tweezer-like design conspires with the rear spoiler to provide a strong callback to the old design cue. Everything above the beltline is blacked out, allowing the chrome window surround and roof rails to stand out more.

The Monograph also boasts a number of distinctly Japanese themes, starting with a three-dimensional, origami-inspired texture for the grille. Repeated in the front bumper air inlets, the grille design is unusual and attractive, though it does resemble Lexus’ spindle grille somewhat. And although we haven’t seen it on the Monograph yet, Infiniti says the panoramic roof folds like a kimono (whatever that means).

Unfortunately, Infiniti hasn’t released images of the interior, but the current QX50 small SUV should give us a decent idea of what to expect. The Infiniti InTouch infotainment system is likely, and as one of the better two-screen setups out there, that’s fine by us. On top-spec models, expect large swaths of quilted leather with contrasting colors and stitching, with open-pore wood trim and suede accents likely.

The Monograph’s powertrain is also a mystery, and unfortunately, it’s one that’s hard to solve by guessing. It’s possible that the current QX60 will donate a front-drive–biased architecture, 3.5-liter V6, and continuously variable transmission to its successor, which we think would be a shame given how sporty it looks. We hope for a choice of engines, starting with the company’s novel turbocharged 2.0-liter variable-compression four-cylinder engine. Currently found in the QX50 (where it makes 268 horsepower and 280 pound-feet, or 200 kilowatts and 380 newton-meters), it would serve as a good entrée into the three-row SUV family.

Higher-trim models could get either the Q50 sedan’s turbocharged 3.0-liter V6, making 300 hp (224 kW) and 295 lb-ft (400 Nm). The QX60 could also receive Nissan’s new 3.8-liter V6, currently found in the Frontier pickup, where it makes 310 hp (231 kW) and 281 lb-ft (381 Nm). A continuously variable transmission is likely, though we’d love to see the brand’s nine-speed automatic transmission accompany a move to a rear-drive platform for the next-generation QX60.

After revealing the Monograph prototype in the metal, Infiniti said it was targeting a 2021 launch date for the production-ready QX60 – we think it should arrive in time for the 2022 model year. But when the new crossover gets here, will it look like this? The last time the company called a design theme “Monograph,” it was on a preview for the facelifted 2018 QX80, which got watered down pretty far in the move from show stage to showroom.

But this QX60 design study looks far more feasible than that prototype, with larger mirrors, production-friendly wheels, and headlights that look ready for a dark country road. As such, it’s possible that the next-generation three-row crossover will look a lot like the QX60 Monograph. And given strong competition in the three-row luxury SUV segment – the Lexus RX L, a rumored new Acura MDX, and even upstarts like the Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy – Infiniti will probably want to move quickly to embolden its entry. If it looks anything like the Monograph, the 2022 Infiniti QX60 is all but guaranteed to continue its sales streak for the brand.

​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
TSX69 (09-28-2020)
Old 09-25-2020, 10:57 AM
Safety Car

Received 3,417 Likes on 1,869 Posts
From the side profile and rear 3/4 view, i’m seeing a lot of Velar in this.
Old 09-25-2020, 12:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Heyyy...I like it!
Old 09-25-2020, 12:57 PM

I always thought the JX wasn't a bad looking ute. This looks decent as well, though we all know it'll be toned down for production.
Old 09-25-2020, 01:01 PM
Safety Car

Personally I think it'll look even better toned down. The side shot already looks production ready, and I'm sure they'll do away with whatever the heck is going on with the exhaust cutouts and rear bumper. I'm also fine if they get rid of the side vents on the front bumper; seems out of place with the elegant side and rear shots.
Old 09-25-2020, 02:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Infiniti badly needs this to be a win. They've been in a rut for the last few years and the only compelling car is an aging QX50 (former G37).
Old 09-25-2020, 02:15 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Yumcha
Infiniti badly needs this to be a win. They've been in a rut for the last few years and the only compelling car is an aging QX50 (former G37).
I think they've got the looks down, but it doesn't matter if this was designed by Pininfarina himself; if they still put a CVT transmission into this and use that 2L VC-Turbo as the base engine, this is going to be a sales stinker. Nobody wants an Infiniti that drives like a rental Nissan. Give it the V6TT and fix the 7AT, and it'd be pretty compelling.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:18 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
Looks much better than the current version. Let's hope the next version looks similar to this prototype.

Still trying to understand the exhaust though.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:08 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
I hope they remove the dual screen interior.. shit sucks balls...
Old 09-29-2020, 02:46 PM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,846 Likes on 3,864 Posts
Infiniti still exists?
Old 09-29-2020, 03:59 PM

I still see quite a few QX50/60/80, but rarely see a Q50 or QX30.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:34 PM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,846 Likes on 3,864 Posts
I don't know why you'd buy one over many other options. It's not like they are cheaper. Had a QX60 (?, whatever the JX is now) for a rental car and it was utter garbage.
00TL-P3.2 (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020, 04:38 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SamDoe1
I don't know why you'd buy one over many other options. It's not like they are cheaper. Had a QX60 (?, whatever the JX is now) for a rental car and it was utter garbage.
That's why we're all waiting to see how the new one is. It's not like Infiniti has always made bad cars. The G35/G37 and FX35/45 in the 2000s were great cars.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:48 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
I think a lot of their current models are very cheap to lease...

you can get a decently equipped Q50 3.0T for low to mid $300s with $500 drive off...
Basically for the lease price of a Honda, you can get an Infiniti....

Old 06-23-2021, 01:29 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,395 Likes on 700 Posts
Talking 2022

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...ossover-debut/

2022 Infiniti QX60 unveiled with a much-needed interior overhaul

The redesigned three-row crossover has slick looks and a new infotainment setup.

Daniel Golson
June 23, 2021 10:00 a.m. PT

Listen
- 04:42
Enlarge ImageThe new QX60 is a looker.
Daniel Golson/Roadshow The QX60 is one of the oldest cars in Infiniti's lineup, having originally gone on sale in the US as the JX in 2012. It's also been one of Infiniti's best-selling cars for years -- even taking the top sales spot in recent years -- and as a luxury three-row crossover it sits in one of the most competitive segments in the industry.

The new QX60's styling was closely previewed by last year's Monograph concept, so there aren't many surprises on that front. It's a lot more blocky and muscular than the old QX60 and the proportions are much less awkward. The bluff front end has a large hourglass grille and slim LED headlights with a "piano key" design, while the rear gets LED taillights connected by a black strip, chrome diffuser accents and a smooth tailgate.
Climb in the driver's seat
Subscribe to Roadshow's newsletter for the latest car news and reviews, delivered to your inbox twice weekly.
Yes, I also want to receive the CNET Insider newsletter, keeping me up to date with all things CNET.
By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
I think the QX60 looks best from the side, where there's subtle horizontal lines and some nice sculpting to the doors and rear fender. Only the Autograph will get the 2-tone black roof, but every QX60 has the cool glazed D-pillars and chrome window trim that gives the SUV a floating roof look. I particularly like the Infiniti script stamped into the lower section of the grille and the side-skirt trim, as well as the intricate pattern in the grille.
Enlarge ImageOnly the top-end Autograph trim gets a black roof.
Daniel Golson/Roadshow Also unsurprising is the QX60's mechanicals. It rides on the same platform as the 2022 Nissan Pathfinder, which is a modified version of the outgoing model's chassis. The 114.2-inch wheelbase is identical to the old QX60 and the new car is actually 2.4 inches shorter at 198.2 inches long. The new car is about an inch taller and the track width has been increased by over an inch. Powering the QX60 is the same naturally aspirated 3.5-liter V6 as before, still making 295 horsepower and 270 pound-feet of torque, but it now uses a 9=speed automatic transmission instead of a CVT. Front-wheel drive is standard but all-wheel drive is optional and Infiniti says the new QX60 can tow up to 6,000 pounds, a 1,000-pound increase.

The big changes are apparent on the inside. Gone is Infiniti's maligned dual-screen setup, with the QX60 getting a standard 12.3-inch touchscreen sitting atop the dashboard. It can also be controlled with a knob and some buttons on the center console, as Infiniti says some of its customers prefer that. The QX60 is also available with a 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster and a 10.8-inch head-up display. While it's functionally a lot better than the old systems, the graphics are the same as what's found in other newer Nissan products.

The rest of the interior both looks and feels pretty nice, especially in the top-of-the-line Autograph trim (seen in all of these photos) that I got to experience in person ahead of the QX60's reveal. The dash is topped by quilted leather and dark wood trim, the central air vents extend across the dash and the climate controls are found on a new touch-sensitive panel with haptic feedback. The steering wheel and electronic shifter are new and the door cards look a lot sleeker than before.
Enlarge ImageThere's only one touchscreen this time!
Daniel Golson/Roadshow Most trim levels get a three-person 2nd-row bench seat, but the Autograph model has captain's chairs with an easily removable center console between them. Regardless of configuration the second-row seats can be slid and tilted forward at the touch of a button for easy access to the 3rd row, even with a car seat attached. The 3rd row can be manually folded flat and electronically raised back up and the cargo area has extra storage under the floor. According to Infiniti's figures the QX60 has slightly less interior space than before, but the space that it has is optimized for usability and comfort. With the third row folded there's more cargo room than before, too.

The QX60 has a slew of new features and tech items to keep it competitive. A larger panoramic sunroof is standard (it was optional on the old model), as is a power lift gate. Every QX60 also gets 3-zone automatic climate control, Android Auto, wireless Apple CarPlay and a wi-fi hotspot, while wireless charging is optional. Other options include a heated steering wheel, a 17-speaker Bose sound system, a motion-activated liftgate, a digital rear-view mirror and 20-inch wheels. Every QX60 has heated front seats with 8-way power adjustment and they're available with ventilation and massage functions; the second row can be heated and ventilated, too.

Standard safety features include forward collision warning, automated emergency braking with pedestrian detecting and rear automated emergency braking. Nissan's ProPilot adaptive cruise control tech with stop and go, traffic sign recognition and adaptive headlights are among the available features.

Infiniti says the 2022 QX60 will go on sale in late 2021. Pricing and full trim level details will be released in the coming months, but don't expect the new QX60 to carry a starting price much higher than the 2021 model's $45,375 base cost. The fully loaded Autograph model should top out around $60K.

Quick Reply: Infiniti: QX60 News