Acura: RDX News

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 09:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by AZuser
Overall, I like it. It's got a really nice profile and it's got a premium look to it.

The only thing that's bugging me (more than the grille) is this

It looks awkward.
That button shifter is the only thing I really don’t like. I wish they would have somehow reverted back to the standard shifter. More than that, that large silver knob on top of the shift buttons is to change the drive modes and I think it looks way too large for what it does. But otherwise, I’m really loving all the stitched materials on the dash and doors and around the center console.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:23 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
NSX and CDX are having the buttons and large knob for ages, you will see them on every new Acuras from now on.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:45 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by AZuser
Overall, I like it. It's got a really nice profile and it's got a premium look to it.

The only thing that's bugging me (more than the grille) is this

It looks awkward.
its is to make center place clean for storage. no longer any buttons there.

Its X3.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by MSZ
NSX and CDX are having the buttons and large knob for ages, you will see them on every new Acuras from now on.
Actually when you think about it, a lot of supercars have that button layout or something similar. So I can see why they are going that route. The only annoying thing about it is that they now have to put the cup holders behind the shifter (noob mistake IMHO) so they make it difficult to use the touchpad and shifter without moving forward in the seat. I personally think the cupholders should always be either to the right of the shifter or in front of it but never behind it.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
i still dont get it with people who have a problem with the button shifter. its the easiest thing to learn and works extremely well. the buttons are different shapes, the reverse you have to pull back. the buttons are laid out in the order like traditional shifter.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nexx:
ostrich (01-18-2018), ZipSpeed (01-24-2018)
Old 01-14-2018, 04:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Nexx
i still dont get it with people who have a problem with the button shifter. its the easiest thing to learn and works extremely well. the buttons are different shapes, the reverse you have to pull back. the buttons are laid out in the order like traditional shifter.
Because it’s technology for technology’s sake and comes off as extremely gimmicky. Why make different shaped buttons and lay them out like a traditional shifter when you can just simply use a traditional shifter. I think that after some time I would be able to “shift” without looking at the buttons but my main issue is that I like having something to rest my hand on while driving. In that regard I hate how mercedes uses that stupid coloumn mounted shifter and I prefer the buttons to that stupid thing. Actually I even prefer the buttons to the joystick style shifters that are confusing as hell to use (there is a reason FCA got in deep water with them). Would the buttons stop me from buying a car? No absolutely not and if the RDX drives like I think it will, I could care less about the shifter style and it is 100% on the list just based on looks alone right now.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
Because it’s technology for technology’s sake and comes off as extremely gimmicky. Why make different shaped buttons and lay them out like a traditional shifter when you can just simply use a traditional shifter. I think that after some time I would be able to “shift” without looking at the buttons but my main issue is that I like having something to rest my hand on while driving. In that regard I hate how mercedes uses that stupid coloumn mounted shifter and I prefer the buttons to that stupid thing. Actually I even prefer the buttons to the joystick style shifters that are confusing as hell to use (there is a reason FCA got in deep water with them). Would the buttons stop me from buying a car? No absolutely not and if the RDX drives like I think it will, I could care less about the shifter style and it is 100% on the list just based on looks alone right now.
top button park, bottom button drive, pull back for reverse. you have an automatic, keep both hands on the steering wheel.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:02 PM
Suzuka Master

top button park, bottom button drive, pull back for reverse. you have an automatic, keep both hands on the steering wheel.
That’s not how I like driving and those buttons are the answer to a problem that did not exist.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:27 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
it's easy to learn because we've been taught how to use them since we were toddlers.

Attachment 99578
Old 01-15-2018, 01:44 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
The one thing I prefer about a stick auto vs a button auto is the ability to quickly switch gears, even while still just barely moving (still inching backward, and dropping it into drive). I've never been in a situation in a new Acura like that yet, so I can' comment- but it's something I've at least heard cannot be done.

but.... looks wise, I way prefer the buttons over the stick.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:48 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
2019 Acura RDX Prototype Debuts with Evocative Styling, Higher Performance, New Tech and Luxury Appointments - Honda News

2019 Acura RDX Prototype Debuts with Evocative Styling, Higher Performance, New Tech and Luxury Appointments

Jan 15, 2018 - DETROIT
  • Most extensive Acura redesign in more than a decade signals the beginning of a new era for the luxury automaker
  • Perennial top-selling, 5-passenger luxury SUV to launch this year as quickest, best-handling RDX ever
  • Powerful 2.0L DOHC VTEC® Turbo engine, segment-first 10-speed automatic transmission and return of torque vectoring Super-Handling All Wheel Drive™
  • Intuitive new True Touchpad Interface, panoramic roof and authentic, premium materials create a versatile cabin built for drivers
  • New A-Spec variant available at launch

The 2019 Acura RDX Prototype made its world debut today at the 2018 North American International Auto Show, providing a first look at the bold new design, advanced technology and luxury features of the luxury, five-passenger SUV, launching later this year. An established, perennial top-seller, the RDX has recorded five consecutive years of record sales and seven straight years of year-over-year sales growth1.

The 2019 Acura RDX, presaged by the RDX Prototype, has undergone a clean-sheet, top-to-bottom remake and will be the first Acura model to fully embody Acura's new design language as envisioned in the Acura Precision Concept, and its new interior design and technology as imagined in the Acura Precision Cockpit. Designed, developed and manufactured in America, the all-new 2019 RDX will launch in mid-2018 with exhilarating performance, class-leading cabin and cargo space, and a host of groundbreaking new Acura technologies that will set a new standard in the entry-level luxury SUV segment. In addition, the 2019 RDX will be the first Acura SUV offered with an A-Spec trim, adding sport styling inside and out. The brand has announced that all core Acura models developed moving forward will receive A-Spec treatment.

The all-new, third generation RDX has been reengineered on a new, Acura-exclusive platform featuring a lighter and dramatically stiffened body, a sophisticated new chassis and an all-new powertrain – a powerful, yet fuel-efficient 2.0-liter DOHC VTEC® Turbo engine mated to a segment-first 10-speed automatic transmission. The 2019 model also will mark the return of Acura Super-Handling All Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®) to RDX, in its most advanced form yet, giving RDX the most sophisticated and capable torque-vectoring all-wheel-drive system in its class.

The 2019 Acura RDX Prototype also debuts a completely new, Acura True Touchpad Interface, designed from a clean slate, combining the best elements of a touchscreen and remote interface in one powerful system.

"The all-new RDX delivers a powerful statement about who we are and where we are headed as a brand," said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager of Acura. "For our customers, the new RDX is a quantum leap forward in design, style and performance, with luxury features and technology that will elevate their ownership experience."

Inspired and Evocative New Design

In creating the new RDX, Acura designers worked from the foundations of the Acura Precision Concept, adapting its low, wide and sleek presence to a five-passenger SUV. The new RDX Prototype boasts more athletic stance and proportions with a wider track (+1.2 inches), longer wheelbase (+2.5 inches) and shortened front overhang, with wheels pushed to the corners.

The new design flows outward from Acura's signature diamond pentagon grille, with RDX being the first model designed from the ground-up around the brand's bold new face. The distinctive front fascia is married to a sharply sculpted body with sharp and dynamic character lines and all-LED exterior lighting featuring the next-generation of Acura Jewel Eye™ LED headlights.

Powerful, Crisp Acceleration and Precision Handling

The RDX takes power from a new 2.0 liter, 16-valve DOHC direct-injected engine with a low-inertia mono-scroll turbo and DOHC VTEC™ valvetrain and Dual Variable Timing Cam (Dual VTC), delivering 40 percent more low-end torque than the outgoing RDX. The new engine is mated up to a segment-first 10-speed automatic transmission (10AT) that responds quickly to the will of the driver, with crisp and refined shifts that capitalize on the 2.0-liter engine's flat torque curve.

All-wheel-drive variants of the new Acura RDX will utilize the next generation of Acura SH-AWD® featuring a newly developed rear differential with a 150 percent increase in maximum torque capacity relative to the outgoing RDX, making it the most advanced and capable torque-vectoring all-wheel-drive system in the segment.

An available new Adaptive Damper System is tied into the NSX-inspired Integrated Dynamics System with four distinct drive modes; Sport, Sport+, Comfort and Snow. Like the NSX, a prominent drive mode dial is placed high in the center console, allowing drivers to quickly tune performance settings to suit their needs in every driving environment.

Modern, Spacious and Luxurious Cabin Built for Drivers

The new exterior design of the RDX is carried through to its more spacious, sophisticated and tech-savvy cabin, which boasts a floating center console inspired by the Acura Precision Cockpit, newly designed power sport seats with a matching sports steering wheel, and contemporary detailing using authentic, high-grade materials throughout, including Napa leather, brushed aluminum and open-pore Olive Ash wood.

The new RDX's longer wheelbase contributes to a larger passenger cabin with first-class comfort for five passengers, with class-leading cabin space, rear legroom and rear cargo space. The heated and ventilated front sport seats feature a more intricately sculpted and styled design covered in softer and more durable full-grain Napa leather, supported by 16-way power adjustment for both driver and front passenger.

All 2019 RDX models will come equipped with a new ultra-wide panoramic sliding moonroof, the largest in its class.

Acura True Touchpad Interface

The RDX heralds the launch of Acura's all-new, True Touchpad Interface, which features an Android-based operating system projected onto a dual-zone, 10.2-inch full-HD display mounted high atop the center console close to the driver's natural line of sight, and an available interactive head-up display (HUD).

The system is designed to combine the advantages of both conventional touchscreen and remote-based approaches. A traditional touchscreen is intuitive and direct – what you see is what you press – but the placement of the screen is out of the driver's natural line-of-sight. A remote interface solves this problem, but the interaction between the remote and display is often clumsy.

Unlike existing remote interfaces that operate like a computer mouse, every spot on the RDX's touchpad is mapped precisely – one-to-one – with the corresponding action on the center display – as the world's first application of absolute positioning in the driving environment. For instance, a tap on the top left corner of the touchpad corresponds precisely with the action on the top left of the center display.

All elements of the Acura True Touchpad Interface, including the new operating system with simple, clean graphics and menu structures, were designed in concert to work seamlessly with one another. Also debuting on the RDX, is a new natural language voice recognition system, which dramatically improves the ease and intuitiveness of voice commands in the vehicle.

"Absolute positioning transforms the touchpad experience, making it personal, intuitive and particularly well-suited for premium, driver-centric, performance machines," said Ross Miller, senior engineer of user interface research. "It's also designed to be adopted quickly and easily, as drivers become acclimated and comfortable in minutes."

Stand-out Features and Technology

The 2019 RDX Prototype uses four ultra-thin, ceiling-mounted speakers to add a new dimension of sound and fidelity to the audio experience. The 16-channel, 710-watt Acura ELS Studio 3D system was developed by Panasonic and tuned by Grammy-winning music producer and longtime Acura partner, Elliott Scheiner.

All 2019 RDX models will come equipped with the AcuraWatch™ suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies. Additional available connected-car and driver-assistive features include next-generation AcuraLink® with 4G LTE Wi-Fi, Hill Start Assist, Surround-View Camera System, front and rear parking sensors, Rear Cross Traffic Monitor and Blind Spot Information system.

Design, Developed and Manufactured in America

Development of the 2019 Acura RDX was led for the first time by a U.S. R&D team, with styling by the Acura Design Studio in Los Angeles, California, and development by an engineering team in Raymond, Ohio. All RDX models for the North American market will continue to be built in the company's East Liberty, Ohio plant2. Its 2.0-liter DOHC VTEC Turbo engine will be made in Anna, Ohio2, in the same plant building the NSX's twin turbo engine. RDX's 10-speed automatic transmission will be manufactured in the company's Tallapoosa, Georgia plant2.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Wink Consumer Reports

https://www.consumerreports.org/suvs...a-rdx-preview/
All-New 2019 Acura RDX Gains Advanced Safety Systems, Turbo Power

Luxury compact SUV is roomier and laden with advanced tech but also gets Acura’s unintuitive shifter

By Jon Linkov
January 15, 2018

The RDX, Acura’s most reliable new model in Consumer Reports’ reliability survey—and the only Acura that CR currently recommends—is undergoing a full redesign for the 2019 model year. Acura unveiled a near-production-ready prototype of the 2019 Acura RDX at the 2018 North American International Auto Show, highlighting the new two-row SUV’s updated styling, roomier interior, and advanced technology, both inside and out.

Acura has given the 2019 RDX an all-new powertrain: a 2.0-liter, turbocharged 4-cylinder engine, which is paired to a 10-speed automatic transmission. Horsepower and fuel-economy figures were not announced during the RDX’s introduction. Acura did say that this new four-cylinder turbo will deliver more power—40 percent more low-end torque—than the 3.5-liter V6 engine generates in the current RDX.

Check out CR's complete coverage of the 2018 Detroit Auto Show.
Unfortunately, the RDX is the latest model to get Acura’s push-button gear selector. In our tests of other Acuras, we’ve found the push-button shifter to be cumbersome and unintuitive to use. However, Acura has built in comprehensive safeguards to prevent the vehicle from an accidental rollaway if drivers fail to put it in Park or if they open the door while in gear.

The RDX will be available with Acura’s Super-Handling All Wheel Drive system, which splits power between the front and rear wheels as well as from side to side. We haven’t seen any significant handling differences or improvements during testing of other Acuras with SH-AWD. Front-wheel drive is likely to be standard on the new RDX.

An active suspension will be available, giving the driver the ability to choose among four driving modes: Sport, Sport+, Comfort, and Snow.
All 2019 Acura RDX’s will come with the AcuraWatch safety system as standard equipment, a move that we applaud. The AcuraWatch suite includes forward-collision warning, automatic emergency braking, lane-departure warning, and lane-keeping assist, among other technologies. Unfortunately, blind-spot warning is an optional feature.

This 3rd-generation RDX has a wheelbase that is 2.5 inches longer than its predecessor’s. Acura says this translates into a larger cabin with “class-leading cabin space, rear legroom, and rear cargo space.” In our tests of the current RDX we found the front seats to be supportive and well-shaped, and the rear seat was ample for adults. The 16-way power-adjustable sport seats, which are both heated and cooled, will be available for the driver and passenger.
1 of the 1st things you notice about the 2019 Acura RDX cabin is the 10.2-inch display touch screen mounted above the center console. Users can access the infotainment system by using the touch screen or the Acura True Touchpad Interface in the console between the driver and passenger seats. Acura claims its touchpad does not operate like a mouse; rather, it is “mapped precisely—1-to-1—with the corresponding action on the center display.” This sounds as if Acura is saying its system is easier to use than the one in Lexus models, which can be challenging to operate.The all-new 2019 Acura RDX goes on sale in summer 2018, and pricing is expected to be announced closer to the on-sale date.

Old 01-15-2018, 12:32 PM
Safety Car

Wink Motor Trend

2019 Acura RDX Prototype First Look: Larger, Stiffer, More Powerful - Motor Trend
2019 Acura RDX Prototype 1st Look: Larger, Stiffer, More Powerful

RDX A-Spec variant to be available at launch this summer

Alisa Priddle Words, Manufacturer PhotosJanuary 15, 2018
Acura might be calling its unveil of the 3rd-generation RDX crossover a prototype, but the 5-passenger luxury SUV making its global debut at North American International Auto Show is production-ready.

It goes on sale this summer, and there also will be an A-Spec variant available at launch—the 1st sporty addition for an Acura SUV. In the future, all core Acura vehicles will get the A-spec treatment.

Acura is calling it an all-new, exclusive platform—but the RDX started with the Honda CR-V architecture and modified the chassis and upgraded the powertrain. Obviously, the sheetmetal is much different, too.

The only engine under the hood at launch is the new 2.0-liter VTEC turbocharged inline-4-cylinder engine that is shared with the Honda Civic Type R and Accord. The direct-injection engine—which generates 306 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque in the Type R and 252 hp and 273 lb-ft in the Accord—has 40 percent more low-end grunt than that of the outgoing RDX and is mapped to deliver more low-end thrust than the revvy Type R. We also expect a hybrid variant in the future.

The RDX’s 10-speed automatic transmission is shared with the Odyssey and Accord, but this is its first all-wheel-drive application.

The 2019 RDX is the same height as the outgoing RDX but is longer and wider with a wheelbase lengthened by 2.5 inches and a 1.2-inch wider track, said engineer Steve Hansen. It also has a shorter overhang and long wheel-to-dash for more dramatic proportions, fronted by the signature diamond pentagon grille and next-gen LED headlights. In back is a “dragon tail” with LED lamps.

Engineers made the body and chassis stiffer and gave the 2019 model a multilink rear suspension with a new adaptive damper system. Drive modes are similar to the NSX’s, which defaults to Sport but can be switched to Comfort, Snow, or Sport Plus. It has variable gear steering.

The 2019 model gets the second generation of Acura’s torque vectoring Super-Handling All Wheel Drive or SH-AWD. About 60 percent of current buyers opt for AWD.

It was at the 2016 NAIAS that Acura showed the Precision concept that would shape the design direction for the brand going forward. Some cues made it into the NSX, but the RDX is the first Acura to fully implement the look the Precision telegraphed, says Acura General Manager Jon Ikeda.

The interior takes cues from the Precision’s cockpit. There are real metals—not faux-look plastics—including brushed aluminum as well as open-pore olive ash wood. The floating console creates space underneath, and the adjustable armrest is nice and necessary around the fixed location of the infotainment interface.

The 16-way adjustable sport front seats are heated and cooled, covered in Nappa leather, and offer lumbar support. 4 of the 16 speakers in the updated sound system are located in the roof instead of the door, for better sound and clarity. Also standard are a sport steering wheel and ultra-wide panoramic roof.The infotainment system features a touchpad interface and a 10.2-inch screen. The new interface will be in future Acuras. The RDX also has new natural language speech recognition. There is 4G LTE Wi-Fi and over-the-air updates for telematics and infotainment.

The RDX made its debut for the 2007 model year and helped create the compact luxury crossover as we know it. With a consistent string of sales increases, the RDX has been the No. 1 or No. 2 seller in the segment for the past 5 years.

This is the 1st RDX to be developed in the U.S., tapping the Ohio engineering team and California design studio. The crossover will continue to be built in Ohio at the East Liberty plant, and the engine is assembled in the Anna, Ohio, facility that also makes the twin-turbo engine for the NSX.
The following users liked this post:
00TL-P3.2 (01-15-2018)
Old 01-15-2018, 12:50 PM
Safety Car

Arrow Cnet

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/a...touchpad-tech/
Acura RDX brings bold styling, touchpad tech to Detroit

Fresh-faced and bursting with new tech for 2019, Acura's popular RDX SUV points the way for the future of the brand.
January 15, 2018 8:20 AM PST
Acura

Despite record sales the last 3 years, as a brand, Acura has largely struggled to find the momentum and brand recognition of its rivals. Crossover SUVs have been the brand's saving grace, though, and this all-new 2019 RDX looks poised to kick things into another gear for Honda's luxury division.

Actually, "another gear" might not be giving this new RDX enough credit. While the outgoing generation had a 6-speed automatic transmission, the 2019 model ups the cog count by 4, for a full 10 speeds. That theme -- doing more than expected -- is carried throughout the vehicle. New styling language, new platform, new engine, new all-wheel-drive tech, new infotainment, new attitude. In other words, the prototype seen here isn't just a new-generation RDX, it's a beacon of where the brand is going.

This is the 1st new Acura to fully embrace the styling language set forth by the Precision Concept show car that debuted at last year's Detroit Auto Show. The new design direction finally sounds the death knell for the various iterations of Acura's widely panned shield grille nose, substituting Acura's new "diamond pentagon" face instead. That look was also previewed on the recently updated 2018 RLX sedan, but the RDX embraces the new language much more fully, as evidenced in its more purposefully sculpted sheetmetal and light clusters. Having spent a couple of hours pawing around this prototype at a studio ahead of its Detroit reveal, I can say that I much prefer the RDX's new look to its predecessor. While I would stop short of calling it "beautiful," it looks taut, athletic, and is filled with expensive-looking details.

The RDX's interior represents no less a radical rethink, with a completely new floating center stack and infotainment system. The control array is dominated by a large silver Dynamic Mode selector knob, which affords access to the vehicle's Sport, Sport+, Comfort and Snow settings. The dial itself is unusually prominent, both in its size and location. This area of the dashboard is considered beachfront real estate by car designers, and it's space that's normally reserved for key functions like audio, HVAC and infotainment.

It's no coincidence that the only other Acura with this type of control setup is the NSX -- the company is clearly looking to telegraph that this RDX is sporty. While I appreciate the gesture and love dynamic driving experiences, I suspect owners would've been better served had Acura designers used that space for a more frequently-used control. At the end of the day, the RDX is a family-oriented luxury crossover, not a sports car.
Enlarge Image
The 2019 RDX's cabin is all-new, including infotainment.

Acura
Speaking of new controls, the RDX is the first car to feature Acura's new True Touchpad interface. Sitting on the transmission tunnel ahead of the pushbutton gear selector, its claim to fame is "absolute positioning" -- the touchpad and the main screen have a 1-to-1relationship, so if you touch the pad in the upper right corner, it'll be the upper right corner on the screen, and so on. Unlike some competing systems, there should be minimal need for swiping to-and-fro (although the touchpad does support pinch and zoom and multitouch functionality).

In my limited in-studio exploration of the system, it seemed to be significantly more intuitive than Lexus' Remote Touch equivalent, but still perhaps less so than a conventional touchscreen (it is a shorter reach, admittedly). The real test will be how easy it is to use the touchpad while driving.

Of course, if you never warm to the True Touchpad, you may just want to speak your commands instead: Acura says the RDX's voice recognition system is much improved, allowing for more casual speech.
Enlarge Image
The True Touchpad interface will be the new RDX's make-or-break feature.

Acura
Overall, the cabin appears significantly more modern and luxurious than today's RDX, with nicer switchgear and authentic materials (what feels like metal is actual metal, what feels like wood is actual wood, etc.). There's even some particularly nice design work, including curved matte-finish veneer panels on the door reminiscent of similar pieces on the outgoing Audi A7. Acura isn't disclosing interior and cargo dimensions just yet, but promises that cabin room is improved.

I did have the chance to test out the new Panasonic-developed 6-channel, 710-watt Acura ELS Studio 3D stereo system in the static, non-running vehicle, and found its clarity and imaging to be excellent, with vocals delivered nicely at ear level in part because of four novel in-ceiling speakers that sit astride the standard panoramic moonroof. Let's hope the company's engineers have done their homework on keeping the cabin quiet so that it's possible to enjoy the system's high fidelity.
Enlarge Image
The new RDX's rear end looks much sportier and more dynamic than its predecessor.

Acura
On the powertrain front, Acura has nixed its 3.5-liter naturally aspirated V6 in favor of a 2.0-liter turbocharged four backed by the aforementioned 10-speed automatic. Acura isn't disclosing output or efficiency metrics yet, but I've driven and liked this powertrain combination before in the new Accord, and expect similarly refined operation here.

Front-wheel drive will be standard, with optional foul-weather security coming courtesy of a next-generation version of Acura's torque-vectoring Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive. The system features a redesigned rear differential that allows for it to handle 150 percent more torque. Coupled with an engine that should have more of that torque located down low in the rev range, I'm anticipating 0-60 times in around 6 seconds flat.

Naturally, a full slate of active safety features will be on offer -- collision mitigation braking, adaptive cruise control and lane-keep assist will all be standard (previously they were part of an options bundle). Other features, including a birds-eye 360-degree camera system will be optional.

The new-generation RDX will continue to be built in Acura's East Liberty, Ohio plant. No word on pricing yet, but the model is expected in showrooms midyear.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:58 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Received 1,454 Likes on 923 Posts
Nav page shot is from Chicago.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Looks good... but i thought it was going to have the digital gauge from the "Precision Concept"
Old 01-15-2018, 02:15 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by oonowindoo
Looks good... but i thought it was going to have the digital gauge from the "Precision Concept"
Probably not enough time for proper developments so it's not ready for prime time yet, and they will need to save more features/gimmicks for the MMC anyway.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:36 PM
Safety Car

Wink Vid

Old 01-15-2018, 03:14 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,662 Likes on 2,495 Posts
Wow it has been a long time since I have said this but there is an Acura design I actually like. Not that I will buy it but it does look really good.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
Since it appears to have the Accord 2.0T powertrain, I wonder if there will be any deviation in power output. It's nice to see the RDX go upmarket yet potentially try to recapture the personality of the 1G RDX. (The 2G RDX wasn't a bad CUV...at all; just nothing to write home about.)
Old 01-15-2018, 04:13 PM

Received 5,294 Likes on 3,628 Posts
^ Require premium fuel & get a couple hp/tqe extra from it?
Old 01-15-2018, 04:38 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Pretty much as expected and in line with what I said before - that we won't see a proper Acura until there's a FMC, that the rdx would have the 2.0t with shawd, and that the 3.0t v6 is for real for the Acura brand.

I wonder which turbocharger the rdx will use. Will it use the one in the Accord, or the CTR? They can use the CTRs turbo but still tune it for CUV purpose, focusing on low end torque. From what I have heard, the rdx is said to have about 275hp to 280hp.

The new SHAWD system can handle 150% more torque in the rear diff than the existing rdx. So I guess it can send quite a bit of power to the back.

I don't think the torque limit of the 10at is really 275lbft. I think they just said it to not show too much of what their plans are. The ZF 8AT for instance has different variations with different torque limits.

I'm hoping for a RDX Type S with the 3.0t.

I doubt the 3.0t would share much with the nsx 3.5tt. That engine as mentioned is built with the help from Cosworth, and designed like a race car engine, with not much, if any focus on cost savings. IMO, if they want to maKe a cheaper NSX, it might be a good idea to use this new 3.0t and tune it for nsx purpose. That would save them a lot of money.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
Frankly I hate the dash center console. I can see people preferring the CR-V because of its simplicity, more harmonious design in and out.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 197 Posts
2019 RDX recolors

Enjoy!

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcvMrDY
wassystyle (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 12:05 PM
Team Owner

The only reason people would prefer CR-V over this is because of the price. Nothing else.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:19 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,825 Likes on 2,572 Posts
The only reason people would prefer CR-V over this is because of the price. Nothing else.
CRV looks WAY better.

and what the fuck is up with interior design? The center console looks like a female robot spread eagle....
Old 01-16-2018, 12:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 193 Likes on 150 Posts
If the new RDX is any indication of where Acura is heading, they might be able to get me back into one. Preferably a 400+ HP sedan or coupe with SHAWD
Old 01-16-2018, 12:23 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
I'm inclined to agree. With more low-end torque and proper SH-AWD, the new RDX actually fits the bill as an Acura. I still find myself concerned they're going to neuter the hell out of it, but for the time being, this is the best looking Acura I have seen since the mid 2000s
Old 01-16-2018, 12:35 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,662 Likes on 2,495 Posts
Originally Posted by Saintor
Frankly I hate the dash center console. I can see people preferring the CR-V because of its simplicity, more harmonious design in and out.
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
CRV looks WAY better.

and what the fuck is up with interior design? The center console looks like a female robot spread eagle....
Did Saintor and Sarlacc just agree on something?
Old 01-16-2018, 12:36 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
never. shut up...
kurtatx (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 12:37 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
It's possible to agree with Saintor, just don't disagree with him less he insults you.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:39 PM
Team Owner

CRV looks WAY better.

Looks are highly subjective so let's put that aside.

Assuming the new RDX is being sold by Honda along side with the CR-V at the same price, which one do you think will sell more?
Old 01-16-2018, 12:45 PM
The Third Ball

Looks are highly subjective so let's put that aside.

Assuming the new RDX is being sold by Honda along side with the CR-V at the same price, which one do you think will sell more?
crv has always moved more units.

you can't say put looks aside and then compare them side by side.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:58 PM

Received 5,884 Likes on 2,899 Posts
never. shut up...
Wait! Is that TWICE?! Seriously, Sarlacc, what has become of you?
Old 01-16-2018, 01:12 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by ttribe
Wait! Is that TWICE?! Seriously, Sarlacc, what has become of you?
i quit
ttribe (01-16-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 01:25 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Does Zach not work for KBB anymore?Micha all alone now? Lolz
Old 01-16-2018, 02:21 PM
The Third Ball

The following 5 users liked this post by Sarlacc:
00TL-P3.2 (01-17-2018), fsttyms1 (01-17-2018), oonowindoo (01-16-2018), RPhilMan1 (01-17-2018), ZipSpeed (01-24-2018)
Old 01-16-2018, 03:40 PM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
Already that I thought that the previous RDX was a very feminine car It will never leave my mind. Ever.
Old 01-16-2018, 03:42 PM
Team Owner

Actually i would take RDX over CR-V base on that illustration alone..... The dynamic mode is perfectly placed.

You got some imagination right der...
Old 01-16-2018, 03:46 PM
The Third Ball

Actually i would take RDX over CR-V base on that illustration alone..... The dynamic mode is perfectly placed.

You got some imagination right der...
Just remember, to put her in drive, insert your finger in the asshole.

Quick Reply: Acura: RDX News