TSX - Where is our install kit?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TSX - Where is our install kit?!

Does anyone know where the NON-NAVI NON XM TSX owners can find a din/double din install kit for our cars?

It looks SO SIMPLE to fabricate, I'm thinking of fiberglassing a mold and selling them on the site....

Has anybody already fabbed the kit yet? all it would be is a one piece console cover with a/c vents and that's it----then a bracket to mount the stereo...

discuss...
Old 10-21-2006, 11:35 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
It would be interesting to know the nav/non-nav split on TSX sales.

I figure there won't be a kit until the non-nav HUs start breaking often enough to create demand.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There will most likely never be a kit made way to much work involved to do it.The kit its self is easy its the stuff behind thats a bitch.The whole changer and everything is connected to one big circuit board so it all has to be customized which could cost close to 1000 bucks.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The AC controls are integrated into the same board as the radio. It's all one piece, so you can't just simply remove the entire top part. You might also run into clearance issues with the din or double din since you have to preserve the electronics behind the radio.

I definitely wouldn't call it simple to frabricate, but hey if you think you got the skills go for it. Just make sure to take into account the things I mentioned above. If you can successfully do it, I'm sure that it would be a hot seller.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Instructor

sucks
Old 10-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Racer

This was my first plan to put my navi there but its just way to much work. The mounting and to do the fiberglass work isnt really that bad.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Cruisin'

me and a buddy of mine fabricated a kit to work. we used the honda accord kit from metra, cut it in half and molded it together to fit a double din below the a/c vents....the on down fall is that you have to use the front face of the factory radio and u will lose your digital duel climate controls. mounting it is also a pain in the ass...but it worked. i personally won't do it to my tsx because i don't want to lose my digital display of the a/c.....the accord kit makes it look cheap.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:13 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by flaw-ls
me and a buddy of mine fabricated a kit to work. we used the honda accord kit from metra, cut it in half and molded it together to fit a double din below the a/c vents....the on down fall is that you have to use the front face of the factory radio and u will lose your digital duel climate controls. mounting it is also a pain in the ass...but it worked. i personally won't do it to my tsx because i don't want to lose my digital display of the a/c.....the accord kit makes it look cheap.
Got any pics by chance?
Old 10-24-2006, 03:52 PM
Instructor

there HAS to be a way to rewire the a/c controls and keep the digital readout. All i want is a Pioneer AVIC Z1!!!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by spoonfedhatch
there HAS to be a way to rewire the a/c controls and keep the digital readout. All i want is a Pioneer AVIC Z1!!!!!
Sure, just reverse engineer the circuit board, cut it in half, then solder the climate control wires to their respective attachment points on your new half board. It's that easy.

In all seriousness though, it could be that 'simple'. The climate control wire harness plugs into the board above the CD player, and since the CD load/eject slot spans almost the width of the board, there are probably only a few traces the run on the sides of the slot. If all climate control function are handled below the slot, then maybe you could actually cut it and make new attachments...but you'd really have to know what you're doing. Otherwise, that would be an expensive mistake.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:00 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Spoon
Sure, just reverse engineer the circuit board, cut it in half, then solder the climate control wires to their respective attachment points on your new half board. It's that easy.

In all seriousness though, it could be that 'simple'. The climate control wire harness plugs into the board above the CD player, and since the CD load/eject slot spans almost the width of the board, there are probably only a few traces the run on the sides of the slot. If all climate control function are handled below the slot, then maybe you could actually cut it and make new attachments...but you'd really have to know what you're doing. Otherwise, that would be an expensive mistake.
i do agree a very expensive mistake....oh and sorry i don't have pics at the moment...the tsx that its installed in is my buddy's...i'll ask him if i could take pics.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:05 PM
Intermediate

http://www.streeteffectz.com/wilsontsxinstall1/