TSX stock system

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007 | 04:53 PM
Admiral Crunch

TSX stock system

Hi all. For some background, I decided to upgrade my sound system in my '97 altima, so I replaced the speakers from stock to Infinity Kappa Perfects 6.1 for my front doors and back doors.. wound up enclosing the front speakers with bondo and a lot of modifications, and the back with 6" pvc pipe, with help from someone on a different message board. ANYWAY... to power my fancy schmancy system, I bought a used a Precision Power PC 4400 link here (http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/PPI_PC4400.2/) which was perfect to power my speakers, 4 channel, 4x100.

Anyway, I totaled the altima, now I'm driving a junky hyundai elantra, will be getting a tsx in december, and I figured I'd do research now. Should I stick with the stock system, or should I move the kappas over to the new car along with the crossovers and the tweeters, or should I just leave it in the junk-mobile I call my current car?

Additionally, is there an amp in the acura (I'm assuming yes) and if so, is it strong enough to power these speakers? Is it worth moving the amp, running new wires for the speakers, getting to the tweeters, ect ect... also, how hard is it to get to the tweeters and components in the door? My altima was alright with the doors, but getting the door covers back on the hyundai was near impossible..

any input would be appreciated. thanks!
Old 10-02-2007 | 05:16 PM
Instructor

I put some Boston Acoustic SL60 components in my TSX. I didn't bother using the crossovers that came with them since the TSX's stock amp has crossovers built in. I also stuck some 6.5" Boston SX65 coax in the rear doors. It sounds pretty good on the stock amp at moderate volume levels.

The stock amp isn't going to rip your head off or make your ears bleed, but it does a pretty sufficient job. It's better than an aftermarket head unit, but not as good as an aftermarket amp. If I had to guess based on sound vs aftermarket amps I've had in the past, I'd say it puts out anywhere between 35 and 45 watts RMS / ch., although I haven't seen specs.
Old 10-02-2007 | 06:00 PM
Pro

12 watts ch undistorted.