For those who asked - DOUBLE DIN dash kit pics for the TL/CL

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by otterley
Oh, no, that definitely won't work. That kit also fits in a 1994 Accord, and I had one of those. The dash openings are totally different.

Ahh yes.. I had a 96 Accord and they are defintley Not the same.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I gave up, i searched a few local shops and no one had a double din dash kit for our cars, but supposedly a compnay called IA International is comming out with one for our cars soon, sometime at the end of the year, i can't wait that long. I went and had a local shop install the radio and pretty much fabricate something. I think it came out ok, what do you guys think ?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nyshadow
I gave up, i searched a few local shops and no one had a double din dash kit for our cars, but supposedly a compnay called IA International is comming out with one for our cars soon, sometime at the end of the year, i can't wait that long. I went and had a local shop install the radio and pretty much fabricate something. I think it came out ok, what do you guys think ?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Really don't mean to hijack the thread, but that's a good looking Alpine IVA-W200, mind giving me some info on that?

ie: did you get navigation with that? did you get a changer? how's the ipod connection working out? how's the screen, the swingface, colors, when you turn it off? dvd playback? did u get the pac mod which allows you to change destination while driving (and play dvds while driving)?

Most importantly, how's the EQ? what are the settings available for sound, aside from treble/bass/balance/fade? If you had a CDA-7998 in the past, compare it with that, with regards to sound only?

I have more questions, but I don't want to make you run away from me, so we'll start with that
Old 04-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Advanced

I got custom installation for around 350 with tax...there is no kit for an RL, so they fabricated it out of acrylic. This was definetely on the higher end of custom installs, but it was a shop I trusted. I'd definetely explore that route if you're interested in double dins. Most shops should have a photo album too. Pic of it somewhere in 1st gen RL's

Doug
Old 04-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Instructor

Hey Jacko, i've had three alpine radios in the past few months. IVA-D300, IVA-D310 and last but not least IVA-W200. All of which was installed and i've had a chance to play with. I can only compare these units, i've never had a CDA-7998. The reason why i finally decided on the w200 because unlike the 300 and the 310 the lcd screen didn't cover my climate controls and my factory navi screen. I didn't get the alpine navi because i have factory navigation which i'm pretty happy with. Don't have a changer yet, but planning on getting one. Ipod connection is lightning fast compared to the 300 and the 310. Everything else is fine, colors are fine, swing arm is smooth, now as far as the eq, the 300 and the 310 has more eq options than the w200. Dvd play back is smooth and clear, and it plays uhhhh back up copies of movies. You can go to crutchfield.com and compare the two units, have everything side by side. That's what i did. Let me know if this helps.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nyshadow
Hey Jacko, i've had three alpine radios in the past few months. IVA-D300, IVA-D310 and last but not least IVA-W200. All of which was installed and i've had a chance to play with. I can only compare these units, i've never had a CDA-7998. The reason why i finally decided on the w200 because unlike the 300 and the 310 the lcd screen didn't cover my climate controls and my factory navi screen. I didn't get the alpine navi because i have factory navigation which i'm pretty happy with. Don't have a changer yet, but planning on getting one. Ipod connection is lightning fast compared to the 300 and the 310. Everything else is fine, colors are fine, swing arm is smooth, now as far as the eq, the 300 and the 310 has more eq options than the w200. Dvd play back is smooth and clear, and it plays uhhhh back up copies of movies. You can go to crutchfield.com and compare the two units, have everything side by side. That's what i did. Let me know if this helps.
Thanks Michael, much appreciated. This means it's time to start looking into extra hardware (ie: alpine external eq's). I hate to say it and I definately hate to add extra hardware onto the system I'm planning to build, but hey, if that's what's required for good sound, I will have to go that way

Would you happen to have the exact measurements of this unit (W200)? I'm not sure if it'll fit Ron's old 2DIN dash considering this is a 7" screen, and the dash was designed for the AVIC-D1 and the Kenwood models...
Old 04-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jacko74
Thanks Michael, much appreciated. This means it's time to start looking into extra hardware (ie: alpine external eq's). I hate to say it and I definately hate to add extra hardware onto the system I'm planning to build, but hey, if that's what's required for good sound, I will have to go that way

Would you happen to have the exact measurements of this unit (W200)? I'm not sure if it'll fit Ron's old 2DIN dash considering this is a 7" screen, and the dash was designed for the AVIC-D1 and the Kenwood models...
As fas as i know as long as it's classified as a double din it should be 4 inches in height, the stock acura radio is 4 inches in height, so it should be cool. Now any gaps on the sides would be covered by the radio's trim plate which it comes with
Old 04-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
anyone know of a kit that puts the HU on the bottom half instead of the top??? i have a flip out monitor and it covers the A/C controls and bottom half of the Navi screen in a CL-S... if there is a kit that relocates the HU to the bottom half, it would help the problem... ron???
Old 04-23-2006, 01:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
anyone know of a kit that puts the HU on the bottom half instead of the top??? i have a flip out monitor and it covers the A/C controls and bottom half of the Navi screen in a CL-S... if there is a kit that relocates the HU to the bottom half, it would help the problem... ron???
Nope but when I had a flip out screen I went to a shop around here and they quoted me $50 to flip a metra kit.. But I never went through with it.. I just got rid of the tv..
Old 04-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
One of the reason's i went with the IVA-W200, no flip out, eveything is nice and neat. Even though the flip out's have a bigger screen, and more sound tunning features, i just hated when the screen was out and it covered my A/C controls and my navi screen. I measured when i had the 300 and the 310, you'll get more navi screen but your a/c controls will still be covered, also when the screen flips out and your in park, it doesn't look like it would clear the shifter, i didn't want to try it and have it get jammed and ruin a $1400 radio.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jacko74

Here you go Jacko, i foud them on alpine's website.

Dimensions
• Din Size: 2
• Chassis Size (W x H x D) mm: 178mm x 100mm x 165mm
• Chassis Size (W x H x D) in: 7" x 3-15/16" x 6-1/2"
Old 05-15-2006, 12:08 AM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd like to get this dash kit for my soon to come Alpine W200.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:30 AM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nismo
Just wait til i show you with it in my car at the end of this week.