StreetEffectz: What can i use for aux-in?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2001 | 12:34 PM
Instructor

Post StreetEffectz: What can i use for aux-in?

I was going over the older posts and I found this one:

------------------------

"For all who asked about Cd-Changer....."
http://www.acura-tl.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000212.html

"Sorry I didn't post this sooner, but....the changer to use would be the CHM S620 and the HON/ALP DMXV.1 adapter.

If anyone has auxiliary sources they want to hook up, like dvd/vcr/playstation audio, the part is Alpine KCA-801B (not an FM modulator, it is a box with RCA inputs that will play through your CD Audio lines...much better than modulator). This would be used with the CHA-S624 Ai net changer."

------------------------

I have an MP3 player with RCA line-outs that I would like to connect to the TL's stock radio. Using an FM modulator is not an acceptable solution. If I read this correctly, I can use a KCA-801B with a CHA-S624 AI-net changer with the stock radio? Do I still need the Hon/Alp DMXV adapter? Other posts seem to indicate that the only changer that will work is the CHM-S620. I assume that using the 620 does not allow for other auxillary inputs - is this correct?

Thanks!

Just Me

BTW, mine's is a '01 TL

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Just Me on March 16, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-16-2001 | 07:53 PM
Banned

Actually, you can't use the 801 with either of those changers in the TL. The S624 will not work in the TL (I already tried it...it powers up, but you have no control over it). The solution for you with the s620 would be to add a relay in line on the cd-audio signal and run it to a switch to switch between CD audio, and AUX audio through the changer audio line.
Old 03-16-2001 | 11:03 PM
Instructor

Streetz,

The solution for you with the s620 would be to add a relay in line on the cd-audio signal and run it to a switch to switch between CD audio, and AUX audio through the changer audio line.

Do you have kit and instructions to do this? Any progress on CDAudio plugs?

Thanks

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by whitediamondnav on March 17, 2001 @ ]</font>
Old 03-19-2001 | 11:17 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by StreetEffectz:
The solution for you with the s620 would be to add a relay in line on the cd-audio signal and run it to a switch to switch between CD audio, and AUX audio through the changer audio line.
Thanks StreetEffectz! Do you have part numbers for the relay and switch and/or is it something that you sell?

Just Me
Old 03-20-2001 | 08:36 AM
Banned

I am going to put one together sooner or later. I wanted to have one done already, but with HIN coming up, it's just too hectic to get one put together...not only that, but the car I am going to do it on first is in the shop for another few weeks.
Old 03-20-2001 | 03:35 PM
Pro

I am going to put one together sooner or later. I wanted to have one done already, but with HIN coming up, it's just too hectic to get one put together...not only that, but the car I am going to do it on first is in the shop for another few weeks.
My car you talking about right???? .... They didn't even started yet ... They said they will start next week .... I guess I have to push harder then ..... Can't wait to put the wheels on and have everything else done .... You got to get the Navi Kit and VRM installed for me soon ...... lol
Old 03-20-2001 | 11:27 PM
Instructor

Thanks for your responses StreetEffectz . I appreciate your help - you da man!

Just Me
Old 03-21-2001 | 09:12 AM
Banned

You know it Kenny! Whatever you want done!