snhond3 update>>

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 10:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snhond3 update>>

well it's been almost a week and i have had 0 problems with my replacement snhond3 adapter. i hope by posting this im not jinxing myself but there have been several times i have made source changes in different temperatures and still have not experienced any lockups, or anything strange. i still get the audio cutting out for a second or 2 on bootup of the nav but i have not had any problems that require me to pull out the adapter and replace it to make it work again.
im driving to las vegas the day after xmas so we will see if this long drive has any effect on anything.
if your having problems with your unit i would look into getting a warranty replacement, if you bought from log jam and have any problems with this i suggest you contact the technical department for soundgate directly at www.soundgate.com

also if you run XM units like the roady or the XM commander i strongly suggect you get a line driver to boost the signal to match the cd player.
i can get a line driver that works perfect but you will need an additional noise filter to take care of engine noise. i am told the soundgate line driver is isolated and wont cause any engine noise but i have no way to prove or disprove it will be noise free. it is pretty expensive though.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:47 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Bass, I have a GLI installed because I had some engine noise before, so I assume the line driver will work fine. What line driver are you using?
Old 12-22-2003, 09:01 AM
Burning Brakes

im using a turbo from PAC i can order them at cost if you need one. you will also need another GLI and i had a bit of a tough time locating both GLI in different locations so they dont pick up any engine noise. they are always transformer coupled internally and any magnetic field ir wireing nearby will cause them to pick it up.
i stuck the first GLI along the left of the radio area kinda under the driver s side seat heater switch, the second i put way down by the gas bedal under the carpet. i had to make an extention for the rca's to get it there. i would reccommend you buy the GLI from soundgate. im not sure they would be better but i know they are smaller, and after talking to the tech over the phone i wish i had invested my money there instead of radio shack.
Old 12-25-2003, 01:09 PM
Burning Brakes

one quick question. how many devices can i hook up to the snhond3? i wanted to use the aux for xm radio and ipod. is this possible?
Old 12-25-2003, 01:21 PM
Burning Brakes

you can buy a switch for RCA'S and connect as many as you like.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:37 PM
Burning Brakes

i would just like to say that i just got back from a 2000 mile round trip to Vegas and back from colorado and im happy to report i have not experienced any problems whatsoever with the SNHOND3. we listened to XM radio all the way there and back.
all my problems seem to have been solved at this time and i couldnt be happier with the service or the sound quality.
Old 01-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Burning Brakes

ok...im getting the snhond3. now wht all do i need if i want to hook it up to my xm and ipod? which wires ? wht are all the accessories that i need? links will be helpful thx.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Burning Brakes

if you plan to hook anything such as an Ipod or XM they all have a low signal level output. you should invest in a line driver as i did.
you also need a ground loop isolator for the RCA's because you will get plenty of engine noise if you dont.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:18 PM
Burning Brakes

thx bass, where would i get these things?
Old 01-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Burning Brakes

i can order the line driver for about 35 bucks + some shipping and the noise filters i would try to get from logjamelectronics.com along with the SNhond3.
soundgate makes a small GLI that will fit about anywhere or you can get the 4 channel fancy unit that you could use rather than 2 separate ones. if your adding the Line driver you will need a GLI between the ipod and the lind driver as well as one between the line driver and the SNHOND3. you have to adjust the gains about 3/4 way up on the Line driver to match the ipod or xm signal to the lever of the cd player and radio
Old 01-16-2004, 05:02 PM
Intermediate

I got my SNHOND3 replaced and had it for a week with no problems. Very happy with it now.