running wire down the middle

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 06:31 PM
You want me to break it?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
running wire down the middle

Has anyone tried/been successful with running amp wire and/or RCA cables down the center console? I started working on my audio system today and cannot figure out how to keep my power and RCA wires away from my speaker wires. Also, if someone can tell me how to take off the bottom of the rear seats it would be appreciated - running down the sides seems to be more straightforward, but would like to use the center console route and the sides. Thanks---Brian
Old 12-21-2003, 12:16 AM
Can't wait to drive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like some people on this forum, I ran some RCA cables down the center console so I can connect my iPod to the SNHOND3 adapter. You can check out some photos of that procedure here:

http://andylee.us/gallery/line-in2
Old 12-21-2003, 10:21 AM
You want me to break it?

Thank you for the reply - I have already removed the front part of the console (cupholders, etc), and will remove the storage bin part this morning. My question was more specifically directed at getting the wires to the trunk - do you think that running 4 Ga power wire and RCA cables between the carpet and the metal of the body would be a problem (ie, exhaust heat too high in the middle of the car, etc)?

If anyone has other suggestions as to how to do this, I'm all ears. Thanks---Brian

By the way, if you try to remove the carpet in the trunk where it is attached by black fasteners just behind the rear seats be very careful. Despite my most vigilant attempts, the fasteners are still attached but the carpet is not (it's like felt - pulls up/rips around the fasteners very easily).
Old 12-21-2003, 07:25 PM
You want me to break it?

I'm not post whoring...

Got the interior of my car out - and I mean it's ALL out. Only plastic left in place are the B pillars, the top of the dash, and the front seats. Was able to run 4 Ga power wire in flex loom on the passenger side of the center console underneath the carpet with a factory flex loom wire bundle (I have no idea what's in it). RCA cables will be in flex loom on the left even though I am wary of the parking brake mechanism.

Taking out the back seats and trunk floor was very helpful too.

Got the doors taken out, applying xtreme dynamat tomorrow, should have this whole thing done in 2 days - will write it up as I've taken a shitload of pics (mainly so I can be reminded how it all goes back together). Thanks to everyone who has given advice thus far---Brian