remote start/ window modules for Viper.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 11:26 AM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
remote start/ window modules for Viper.

I got the viper responder (790xv I think), but I got it without the remote start. I want to add on that feature, and the window up/down module. I asked in a local dealer, they said $129 for the windows, $100 for the remote start.

seems a little expensive. has anyone else added these on? what prices did you pay, where did you get the units?

any advice would help...just need to know if thats a rip off or not.

thanks.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:29 AM
"hey...wanna f^&k"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont know much about prices on the west coast, but they are kinda above average compared to here in the south.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:45 PM
Racer

If that is really the responder 790xv. It has the remote start built right into the brain.They just either didn't want to hook it up or it was an extra charge(never heard of that). Usually it's part of the install for that alarm. If you have a 01-03 cl or tl with factory immobilizer then you need a bypass module to make the remote start work. Maybe you didn't want to pay for the module and extra labor For windows, theres two different modules 1: it will only roll up the windows the second one will do windows both ways. You need one module for one pair of windows. The cool thing about the module if you get the second one is you get express windows up and down on the actual switch on the door. If you want to pay for even more labor the installer can wire it so even your passenger has express abilities on their door switch too. I have this whole set up on my 01 cl-s, it's great.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:04 PM
Racer

If that is really the responder 790xv. It has the remote start built right into the brain.They just either didn't want to hook it up or it was an extra charge(never heard of that). Usually it's part of the install for that alarm. If you have a 01-03 cl or tl with factory immobilizer then you need a bypass module to make the remote start work. Maybe you didn't want to pay for the module and extra labor For windows, theres two different modules 1: it will only roll up the windows the second one will do windows both ways. You need one module for one pair of windows. The cool thing about the module if you get the second one is you get express windows up and down on the actual switch on the door. If you want to pay for even more labor the installer can wire it so even your passenger has express abilities on their door switch too. I have this whole set up on my 01 cl-s, it's great.