Pricing for screens and install

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 12:11 AM
Holla Back Youngin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pricing for screens and install

Hey guys im a bit confused. Im lookin to get some screens installed. one seven inch up front and two headrest. The prices ive seen for these screens is kinda accurate.. about 199 for the seven inch, and about 150 a piece for the headrests. but the labor is kinda expensive. Im not sure if im getting ripped off or not, but they are charging me:

$270 for the headrest
$90 for the Seven inch
$250 for the pexie glass/ fiber glass
$120 for the inverter(?) for the ps2, they said it has diff voltage
and finally maybe a dvd install IF i dont use the ps2

can you guys help me out, im tryin not to be ripped off here.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:25 AM
Burning Brakes

personally i have been an installer for about 16 years now, and the last thing i would do to a brand new car is hack up the interior for some stupid video screen's.
i can tell you what is going to happen, for about a month you will think its really cool to have video screens in the car. all your friends will think your really cool because your car is all pimped out.
then after about a month or 2 you realise you hardly ever use them and all the money spend for equipment, labor and parts will all of a sudden become a reality of what a waste it really is.
but if you got money to burn and dont care if your car gets all hacked up i guess go for it.
considering the work involved i dont think thoes prices are too out of line. i would probly ask a lot more than that to take a knife to anything that looks like leather.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:25 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm surprised to hear you say that but I agree 100%.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Holla Back Youngin

DAmn, im actually really happy u told me that... i neva looked at it that way... i dont got money to burn like that either, so maybe ill reconsider this mod for tv screens, it waS between that and an intake and drop.. but thanx i needed some advice
Old 02-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Dan Martin
I'm surprised to hear you say that but I agree 100%.
i guess being 33 years old and having a little respect for somthing you work hard for kicks in at different ages for different people.
i used to be a reall bass head driving around with 140+ db of bass pumping out of my car. i still love caraudio but now i look at it in a different light.
it's called growing up i guess.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Tsex on 19s
DAmn, im actually really happy u told me that... i neva looked at it that way... i dont got money to burn like that either, so maybe ill reconsider this mod for tv screens, it waS between that and an intake and drop.. but thanx i needed some advice
sometimes you just need someone to tell you it's ok to be normal. it sucks these days everyone wants to be indivdual and different. yet the obvious fact is most of the younger generation feel the need to act, dress, and talk the same way as their friends to fit in. it kinda makes it pointless to try to be different when all the pressure of society tells you you have to be a certain way or have certain things to be cool and fit in. just be you and be accepted by others.
it's the same reason people rice out their cars. they have a low self esteem and they know they want the attention they will get if they make their car like like it came right out of the fast and furious.
Holla Back Youngin

im 18, i guess u can tell heh by the way im tryin to mod this up
Burning Brakes

im 18, i guess u can tell heh by the way im tryin to mod this up
ha ha how did i already know that? read my above post..
Old 02-27-2004, 10:07 AM
Holla Back Youngin

yeah.. i jus want to mod my car up.. just because i got a couple friends in the autofashion scene... there cars and their work put into their cars inspired me to "go all out" on mines. but i guess ill slow it down a bit, atleast with the tv's since money aint growin on trees for me... but, a lil perfomance ugrades wont hurt
Old 02-27-2004, 11:46 AM
such a dirty birdy

Originally posted by Bass Mechanic
sometimes you just need someone to tell you it's ok to be normal. it sucks these days everyone wants to be indivdual and different.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:27 PM
Photography Nerd

LOL!
Old 02-29-2004, 01:45 AM
Holla Back Youngin

Okay, this is a rip off.. the company of the screen (7inch) is Daewoo... WHAT THE HECK IS THAT... i aint planin to flaunt Daewoo on my dash.. if ima put screens i gotta put some quality stuff.... i need to find some quality screens for cheap prices.. cause i might just do the front.. headrests can wait
Old 02-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Photography Nerd

Okay, this is a rip off.. the company of the screen (7inch) is Daewoo... WHAT THE HECK IS THAT... i aint planin to flaunt Daewoo on my dash.. if ima put screens i gotta put some quality stuff.... i need to find some quality screens for cheap prices.. cause i might just do the front.. headrests can wait
The funny thing about that is there are very few manufacturers in the world for LCD screens (mitsubishi, hatachi, optrex, fujitsu, hantronix, kyrocera, motorola) so regardless of if you go for a Pioneer or Alpine or Daewoo their screens are going to come from one of those companies. I wouldn't worry too much about the name on the outside of the case. You're going to build it in anyways so you're not even going to see the name.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:07 PM
Holla Back Youngin

Heh.. thas what i thought, the way the guy at the audio store showed me.. he's going to build it around the border of the TV. which will still show the Daewoo written across the bottom, including volume controls, channel controls, and etc. ill try to get a picture of the screen. but i think unless that tv is completly covered, and i get like a remote to control things, its gunna look cheap.. and thas somthin i dont want it to look. Need help finding another screen