Preamp Signal

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2002, 06:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Preamp Signal

can someone please post the directions for taping into the factory preamp leads ive tried to search but cant find them anywhere
Old 10-27-2002, 07:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
if you plan to add an aftermarket amp and get rid of the bose stuff, you can try this ( not sure if it will work with navi systems ). go to linkmeup.com and purchase this part...CLAB98-R . costs about $50. after you connect this, you'll need to cut just one wire....the steering wheel control wire and connect it to this part. you'll need rca barrel connectors to connect the rca cables to your amp. you get a pretty good signal and less hassle of soldering wires. this CLAB98-R fits perfectly on the stock head unit.
Old 10-27-2002, 08:18 PM
Burning Brakes

This site has detailed instructions on installing an amp and has the schematic in it that will show you which wires to tap to get the line level signal before it enters the stock bose amp.

http://silverknight.clickhere2.net/sound.html
Old 11-04-2002, 12:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

i dont want to replace the stock amp tho i just want to add an amp for my subs
Old 11-04-2002, 07:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Then all you do is tap the wires below just before they enter the stock amp in the trunk and splice RCA plugs onto the spliced wires and plug them into your new sub amp.

So:

1) tap the rear right speaker: black (7)(-) & blue (20) (+)

2) and the rear left speaker: green (9)(-) & red (22) (+)

And use this wire for the turn on lead of the new amp: yellow/white (5) is the radio switch that you use for the amp power on switch.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:47 PM
Intermediate

WHY DONT YOU JUST RE-DO YOU WHOLE SYSTEM? IT IS A WASTE TO JUST ADD SUBS TO A STOCK SYSTEM, WHERE DID YOU GET THAT IDEA? IF YOU JUST WANT BUMP IN YOUR TRUNK ITS COOL BUT YOU LOSE YOUR OVERALL SOUND QUALITY
Old 11-06-2002, 06:54 PM
Burning Brakes

WOW I'M GLAD WE HAVE A NEW AUDIO GURU ON THE BOARD...

OOOPS... I had my caps lock on. Sorry.

Please don't waste our bandwidth with comments like this. If you can't understand why, then you probably shouldn't have been given a driver's license.

Or at least rephase your comment so you don't sound like such a dick noobie.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by mcdanjw
WOW I'M GLAD WE HAVE A NEW AUDIO GURU ON THE BOARD...

OOOPS... I had my caps lock on. Sorry.

Please don't waste our bandwidth with comments like this. If you can't understand why, then you probably shouldn't have been given a driver's license.

Or at least rephase your comment so you don't sound like such a dick noobie.
WELL SAID, MCDAN....oops had my caps on too. hehehe!
Old 11-06-2002, 11:49 PM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 007 TL-S w/Nav
WHY DONT YOU JUST RE-DO YOU WHOLE SYSTEM? IT IS A WASTE TO JUST ADD SUBS TO A STOCK SYSTEM, WHERE DID YOU GET THAT IDEA? IF YOU JUST WANT BUMP IN YOUR TRUNK ITS COOL BUT YOU LOSE YOUR OVERALL SOUND QUALITY
It's a waste to add subs to a stock system! How? I know for sure you have more volume on the low frequencies.
Lose overall sound quality! How? The stock sound quality is still there. Besides, with stock Bose system, what do you have to lose?

Old 11-07-2002, 12:38 PM
Intermediate

OK, first of all, I will not post in CAPS since there are a bunch of ignorant computer nerds on this site that cant stand seeing big letters, ohhhh whats wrong your eyes cant adjust to a change since you sit in front of you monitor all day and night? If you girls want to bash on my post, please, please come with something better than "oh umm hehe this guy left his caps on" "hahah" yeah that is real funny, dont you girls have anything better to do on the ease coast and dirty south? Ok, next since SilverKnight had the only ligit comment, I will reply to him like a normal human. What I was refering to in the sound quaility is that the Bose system is tuned for overall sound quality with all the compnents intact, when a A/M sub and amp are added it will overdue the sub level and the overall sound will be more bass rather than overall sound quality, unless you are going to the hood and wanting all the attention. Now for the fooslish commet by mcdanjw, I was not aware driving and knowing your sound quality goes hand in hand, I think you are the one that sounds like a dick noobie, right icy cl? Dont get me wrong i was not saying not to make the mod, but suggesting that a overall tuning would sound better than just adding subs.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Thank you.

That explanation was much better than your first attempt.

We just expect people to actually ADD VALUE with their posts around here and not just throw out a bunch of unsupported bs and sound like an ass while doing it.

But one might say that it is possible that a system that lacks a sub, like our stock setup, might benefit from a sub being added, even if it didn't come with one from the factory. It certainly doesn't degrade anything whatsoever.

Of course, anyone can overpower their system with bass, even those who have replaced their entire system with the best components money can buy.

And given that there are many that have chosen to refrain from the mess of upgrading the entire system, they may find that adding some low end to this system brings it to within acceptable sound quality levels. And yes I realize that we aren't going to win any IASCA competitions with the factory bose components.

I invite you to listen to my setup anytime and try to tell me it sounds worse that it did before I added my sub. That would be amusing. :P
Old 11-07-2002, 12:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

thanks for all the replies but all i wanted to know was where to tap the wires. i think you are all wrong and i know everything but i wont get into that here
Old 11-07-2002, 12:52 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 007 TL-S w/Nav
... What I was refering to in the sound quaility is that the Bose system is tuned for overall sound quality with all the compnents intact, when a A/M sub and amp are added it will overdue the sub level and the overall sound will be more bass rather than overall sound quality, unless you are going to the hood and wanting all the attention.
Just a note... the TL and CL don't have the same system. The CL has 6 speakers. No sub, but OK components up front. The TL has 4 speakers and a sub. Without the sub, a stock CL has no low end response. Adding a sub helps a lot. With a stock sub, the TL is different.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:56 PM
Intermediate

No problem, anytime you need a explaination just let me know. I had forgotten that Acura shorted you CL owners by not adding a sub, in that case i can understand adding some bump in your trunk, in porportion. I would love to hear your system anytime, let me know when you are in Cali.