Pictures of AUX/Bluetooth/DIN install 05 TSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Pictures of AUX/Bluetooth/DIN install 05 TSX

Here ya go!

AUX3 + Parrot Rhythm & Blue Blootooth DIN + Armrest A/V RCA jacks. (Video to be added with new HU in furture)

I highly recommend AL & Ed's of Burbank (Los Angeles Area) if anybody would like a simillar installation! Ask for Azam or Ozzy. Excelent CLEAN install. Let me bring my own parts. A+

Old 01-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks great. Very clean. Is that the Acura mp3 attachment kit?

So what do you think of the Bluetooth deck? Does it have mp3 playback?
Old 01-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Intermediate

Yes, It's the Acura MP3 kit. I just started using the bluetooth today, so my opinion is limitted. But so far, it's AWESOME. It automatically pairs with your phone when you get in the car, no need to push any buttons on the phone or head unit. You're current signal strength, & battery life are always displayed on the face. It also has RDS as well. The Mic works good: good enough for passengers to speak as well and be heard clearly on the other end.

Yes, the deck has MP3 playback, and it's actually very well integrated. I actually like it a lot more than the alpine or pioneer. Great folder navigation. I just realized I forgot to post the pictures of the RCA jacks under the arm rest, I'll post 'em tonight when I get home from work.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:50 AM
Intermediate

Heres the Aux inpt under the armrest:

Old 02-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Burning Brakes

damn looks sweet...im looking into getting this since i have an 04' and an MP3 player would be nice too. I was wanting to keep my door on the little cubby though...do you think it could be recessed in so I could do that? Where would i purchase this product?
Old 02-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

very clean install
Old 02-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CKcentral
damn looks sweet...im looking into getting this since i have an 04' and an MP3 player would be nice too. I was wanting to keep my door on the little cubby though...do you think it could be recessed in so I could do that? Where would i purchase this product?

I believe people have tried and failed to mount a DIN behind the door. It's a tight fit behind the dash. Which product specifically are you looking to purchase? All parts needed for the install can be located on-line. I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:08 AM
Intermediate

I should add that it's not impossibe to add a DIN behind the door, but it would involve a lot of work.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:22 PM
honk not beep

nice install.. i had some problems with the parrot mic being near the window, so i put it near the rearview mirror.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aparnold
I believe people have tried and failed to mount a DIN behind the door. It's a tight fit behind the dash. Which product specifically are you looking to purchase? All parts needed for the install can be located on-line. I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.
Im looking to get the same one you have, the Rhythm and Blue. But if i mainly want to use this for the bluetooth capability do you think there is a better choice for me? I really wanted to get a DVD player with a touch screen but i couldn't find any that had Blue Tooth also, and i really didnt want to spend $1000.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:46 AM
Intermediate

Well... The reason I own the R&B is that I got it for free. It's a great unit, but it has one HUGE flaw. It's RCA output does not pass the phone audio. So if you want to install it in a reasonably simple fashion you need to convert the speaker level output to line level, which results in lower sound quality. Now, for phone audio it's perfectly fine. But don't expect anything great from CD's or the radio. So here's what I say. If you just want to use it for the phone functions alone, and you want it right away, this is a great option. It works really well. BUT, if you can wait Pioneer and Alpine both have options that will probably integrate in to the factory audio system much better. You can expect to see these units for sale in the next 1-4 months. Now some people have speculated that a future firmware update for the R&B might enable phone audio over the RCA output, but I'm not counting on it.

Originally Posted by CKcentral
Im looking to get the same one you have, the Rhythm and Blue. But if i mainly want to use this for the bluetooth capability do you think there is a better choice for me? I really wanted to get a DVD player with a touch screen but i couldn't find any that had Blue Tooth also, and i really didnt want to spend $1000.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:48 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by palidanx
nice install.. i had some problems with the parrot mic being near the window, so i put it near the rearview mirror.

Can you post some pictures of your install?
Old 02-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aparnold
Well... The reason I own the R&B is that I got it for free. It's a great unit, but it has one HUGE flaw. It's RCA output does not pass the phone audio. So if you want to install it in a reasonably simple fashion you need to convert the speaker level output to line level, which results in lower sound quality. Now, for phone audio it's perfectly fine. But don't expect anything great from CD's or the radio. So here's what I say. If you just want to use it for the phone functions alone, and you want it right away, this is a great option. It works really well. BUT, if you can wait Pioneer and Alpine both have options that will probably integrate in to the factory audio system much better. You can expect to see these units for sale in the next 1-4 months. Now some people have speculated that a future firmware update for the R&B might enable phone audio over the RCA output, but I'm not counting on it.
Thanks for the info. I'd rather get what I wanted out of it rather then just have a quick fix untill something else comes out. If im gonna do that I could prolly get something for much cheaper that would just use bluetooth. Thanks again!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Racer

Why do you have an video input?
Old 02-08-2006, 02:38 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by spatel600
Why do you have an video input?

Because I'm planning on replacing this HU with a navi/dvd/bluetooth (probably an Alpine) unit in the near future. I wanted to run the video input while the whole car was already disassembled, saving me money on the future install.