Neutral Safety Switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Caffenine Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neutral Safety Switch

Hey all, my post got closed in the general forum so posting over here now.

My question: Is their a neutral safety switch wire in our cars? Ive searched about every forum, google, etc. I cant find anything anywhere. If there is no neutral safety switch is there anyway someone knows of to rig something to show a ground when the car is in neutral? I currently have the NSS wire hooked to ebrake to stop the car if something would happen but I would much rather find a NSS wire to tap onto or make something that will work also. The alarm is a Viper 791xv if it matters at all.

Thanks everyone

Sean
Old 08-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Caffenine Addict

that no edit after 5 minutes is stupid...

I got another question. Seems after i set the alarm and give it like 5 minutes and then try and remote start it the factory alarm goes off. According to print out for our car it says the factory alarm disarms when the doors are unlocked.. Does this mean I have to unlock the car first before remote starting it?
Old 08-05-2007, 01:12 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Are you trying to install it yourself? You need to unlock the door by either remote or key before you remote start the car. Otherwise, you need to disable the factory alarm. Why are you trying to keep both alarm systems operational?

As for the NSS, I would think that there should be one. At least one connected to the ECU? I hope someone can chime in and help you...I'm just trying to throw some ideas around
Old 08-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Caffenine Addict

Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
Are you trying to install it yourself? You need to unlock the door by either remote or key before you remote start the car. Otherwise, you need to disable the factory alarm. Why are you trying to keep both alarm systems operational?

As for the NSS, I would think that there should be one. At least one connected to the ECU? I hope someone can chime in and help you...I'm just trying to throw some ideas around
Well ive tried to disarm the factory alarm but I cant get anything. Also cant find anything about the NSS. 0 for 2. I know there are some alarm experts in here. Someone needs to chime in a help a fellow acura owner!!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
You need to bypass the clutch pedal switch and pulse the "disarm no unlock" wire in the drivers door before crank. You'll need to run a wire through the door boot and tap the wire close to the window/lock module in the door. The wire is BLACK/RED for about 10 inches. Then it changes to a solid BLUE wire in the door. It's easy to spot. The clutch engage switch is also easy to bypass with a relay.

Good luck homie!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Caffenine Addict

Originally Posted by uncald4
You need to bypass the clutch pedal switch and pulse the "disarm no unlock" wire in the drivers door before crank. You'll need to run a wire through the door boot and tap the wire close to the window/lock module in the door. The wire is BLACK/RED for about 10 inches. Then it changes to a solid BLUE wire in the door. It's easy to spot. The clutch engage switch is also easy to bypass with a relay.

Good luck homie!

Wooo. Forget to give you all an update. Tested the wires a while back and got everything working. Ive noticed a new problem though yesterday. When I installed the 529T I left the dip switch's set to the factory setting. Yesterday the passenger window didnt go all the way up. To me it seems I just need to change the dip switch settings to give the window more power?
Old 08-29-2007, 09:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tweek, just want to make sure you know about http://www.the12volt.com/

Of course you can continue to ask our people here (and this probably is the best place on AZ) but the 12 volt is full of remote start / stereo help too if you need it.