lets see pics of your custom trunk

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 07:30 AM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
lets see pics of your custom trunk

i have 2 10 inch jl audios in a box from my old car that i want to put in my cl. but i dont want to just throw it in there like i did before. i want it to look custom and not have the subs facing outward when the trunk is open. i want it to look like i have nothing in the trunk.

i wanna get ideas from you guys on what u did.

thanks
Old 11-22-2003, 08:13 AM
BigAngryAsian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is what I came up with. It was my 2nd DIY install, so mind the crudeness, or whatever. All I wanted to do was fit all this shit in there, and still have access to the spare. Probably isn't what you want yours to look like, but all I can say is try and make something, and if it sucks, try it again. I had a blast putting this together. My next install I want to try to do alot of fiberglass work, have it real smooth, and sleek. Just have fun.
Old 11-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Racer

Hey, Chen. I'm about to custom install an entire audio system. I thought about facing my subs towards the front of the car, but wasn't sure how they'd sound. Can you give me a little help on how they sound the way you have them faced. Also, what are you running?

-Erik
Old 11-22-2003, 11:01 AM
BigAngryAsian

I'm running my Planet Audio 600.2 in 4 ohm stereo to my Cerwin-Vega- vega series 10s, so they have alot more potential than where they are at now, but they still sound great. They would fuggin' PUMP @ 2 ohm bridged. The only reason I mounted them this way is because I thought the cone, and surround looked kinda:ghey: The magnet, and basket are more impressive, and I was able to gain like .7 cu.ft. with the motor structure on the outside too. Oh, yeah, I played around with the polarity too, and I think it sounds better reversed.

I asked around here a while ago about porting into the cabin (through the "pass-through") with the subs as they are now, and was discouraged by the responses, so I went with the slot ports to the rear also.