iPod IceLink connection with Navi

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only plus to the icelink is that it charges the ipod. its not like you can even control anything remotely useful through the steering wheel controls anyway. playlists? no. But 2,000 random songs? yes! whoopdie doo. ill just sit there and click next song for an hour until i find the song i want, or break the buttons on the radio; whichever comes first. If i had patience and a magnifying glass id happily sit there and use the playlist feature available through the dension UI; but thats suicidal as far as im concerned. (im not usually this negative a person, but this whole issue really annoys me!)

new ipods run off 12 hours of battery life. i dont even see the need to charge the unit an issue; at least for me.

not in a laugh-in-your-face way, but im glad someone else has the navi glitch problem with the new icelink. it makes me realize it def wasnt a bad unit that i got stuck with.

I also just ordered the nyko cable yesterday as well as the honda 2 port harness off that website that was posted above. im still crossing my fingers that the harness fits into the port on my blitzsafe... either way, ill write up and post some picts once they get here. In theory, i will have paid 30 for the harness, 20 for the nyko cable and whatever i paid for the blitzsafe a long time ago...
Old 05-13-2005, 09:11 AM
10th Gear

Just a quick question for those that have had problems with the Ice Link Plus and their Navi system. Did you guys disconnect your battery before the install? Just curious cause I am about to hook the whole thing up and I am wondering if I am trying to figure out whether I am wasting my time.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by seth995
Just a quick question for those that have had problems with the Ice Link Plus and their Navi system. Did you guys disconnect your battery before the install? Just curious cause I am about to hook the whole thing up and I am wondering if I am trying to figure out whether I am wasting my time.
I didnt disconnect it, but i did turn the car off.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:15 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by seth995
i always disconnected the battery
Old 05-16-2005, 06:38 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by hackerr
I have a non nav tsx, does the icelink plus, work without any cutting of wires and harness etc. I am in canada and a friend is bringing one from BestBuy in the states for me this weekend so I was wondering if I should even open the box or not.
I got the icelink plus, and managed to install and have it mounted into the tray below the radio in less than 10 minutes without any drilling etc.

It works just great with the exception, I cannot browse the ipod when plugged in.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Racer

update for whoever cares and im sure not many. my nyko cable and the y harness are scheduled for delivery today. ill post a pict of everything today after i install it.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by hackerr
I got the icelink plus, and managed to install and have it mounted into the tray below the radio in less than 10 minutes without any drilling etc.

It works just great with the exception, I cannot browse the ipod when plugged in.
You need to use the stereo controls to browse through the dension ui. Or you can just use the Ipod UI its an option on the menu. I have switched mine over to the applie UI and the controls still works, except I can't change playlists through changing CDS. The Apple UI is much better, hope dension releases a new firmware though!
Old 05-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Racer

AS USUAL NOTHING IS EVER EASY... whoever told me you need that Y harness from the honda site isnt right. i just received it today and it doesnt fit into the blitzsafe; my own fault for not looking more into it/the picture. it has two sockets and one plug. i would need to solder the blitzsafe plug onto one of the sockets i guess and im not sure if you can do that since their two different plugs in the first place and dont have the same colors...

i just called and left a message with logjam to see if i can just purchase another y cable for the blitzsafe instead of a whole new unit, but thats too simple so of course theyll say no... ill browse the forums to see if theres an answer anywhere .
Old 05-17-2005, 12:19 AM
Instructor

That is VERY strange?? I assume the blitzsafe was meant to be plugged into the hole where the navi is being plugged in right?? The way my harness works is I plugged the harness into the navi port and then plugged my ice link and navi cable into the harness. If the blitsafe plugs into the navi port on your car, there is no reason it won't plug into the harness. Does the blitzsafe plug into the navi port on your car??
Old 05-17-2005, 01:34 AM
Racer

yeah thats fine, this harness is meant for the icelink to plug into. it has one plug that accepts the icelink, one that would accept the wire you initally pull out of the navi, and another plug that goes into the navi. when i asked if this harness works with a blitsafe, someone here said yes it will plug into the aux adapter and then into the headunit. only problem is that the harness has two receiving plugs rather then just one...

im gonna mail it back tommorow, and wait to hear what logjam says about selling just the cable. if now i guess ill be forced to start from scratch and get a new blitzsafe... anyone want to buy just my aux adapter? or does anyone maybe have a y harness they want to sell
Old 05-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Racer

logjam just told me they have no ETA on new blitzsafe units; still due to the defects of the previous shipment. Oh, and they dont sell the cables seperately... anyone have one their willing to sell (that works)?

or maybe someone can explain to me how to splice my existing blitsafe cable into this Honda Y harness i have? the wires and plugs dont match up so im clueless.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Racer

dear diary...

i called blitzsafe directly today and the are still on backorder with the plugs to make more adapters. the guy i spoke to was real nice and offered to fix my spliced and busted cable for free if i pay shipping. im going to mail it out tommorow. thought that was cool of him and of the company to offer; seeing as how i messed it up myself...
Old 05-28-2005, 01:58 AM
Racer

IT WORKS! the blitzsafe guy had mailed me the harness all nice and fixed up today. I plugged it into the radio, and wrapped the blutzsafe box and the plastic harness with sticky-back felt (like a gift box) so it doesnt rattle or tap against anything... Then I ran the nyko wire alongside the carper/console by pressing it up into the plastic until i reached the back of the arm rest; doing this I didnt have to dissasembly any part of the center console. Then i took the rear panel of the arm rest off and the arm rest lid, ran the wire up there, drilled a small baby hole in the edge of where the arm rest screws onto the console so that the nyko cable can fit and not be squashed with the hinge resting on it. I put the cover back on, put the arm rest back on, and i was in business! its perfect. the wire goes straight into the upper or lower arm rest area and has about 2-3 feet of room to maneuver it around. seems to be the perfect length even to use with a cup holder mount if i ever wanted. Im thinking of getting that small foam holder that sits in the cup holder so that i can just plop the ipod into that instead of on the passenger seat or in the armrest all the time.

it sounds excellent, no distortion, crisp as a cd, and most important theres no jumpy volume levels like the icable with the headphone jack connection caused. the volume controls work, obviously, on the radio and steering wheel. I must have driven for 3 hours total today, went to the gym, and was at work all while playing the ipod on a full charge and never ran out of juice.

im real happy, not too often something i attempt to do myself actually works out right. Ill take some photos tommorow and post for whoever is interested.

And yes, the navi touchscreen and voice commands work as always cant say the same for that damn to hell icelink plus.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:48 AM
10th Gear

I just installed the Ice Link PLus with the pre made y harness, and all is happy. Granted the Dension UI is really slow and really needs to be worked on but that seems to be the only problem. My navi works great....never a break up or a problem, my touchsceren never stopped working and I even have xm. When I am in the Dension UI and cycle through the modes the Ipod will pause....when in the Ipod UI the ipod will continue playing. IF the ipod is playing when I get to the XM modes (xm1 or xm2) you will hear the Ipod and see the xm info, but as soon as you pause the ipod you hear the xm. So as of right now I am staying in the Dension UI and using the playlist browser.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Racer

so to use the icelink you need to use the dension UI? I remember when the older IceLink (non-plus), it was just the normal iPod UI ... but now you're forced to use the Dension one?

another question .. has anyone here used the Ice Link with the ipod photo, does album art still get displayed?

-vasu
Old 05-30-2005, 09:07 AM
10th Gear

You do not have to use the dension UI but just remember if you are using the Ipod UI to pause the Ipod when using xm. In the Ipod UI mode the album art will still show, not in the dension UI
Old 05-30-2005, 09:18 AM
Racer

so what's the point of using the dension UI mode then (I have a 2004 tsx, and also am not using XM)
Old 05-30-2005, 09:44 AM
10th Gear

Just work out which mode works better for you and stick with it. On a side note do you really plan on looking at album art while driving?
Old 07-13-2005, 01:33 PM
8th Gear

Question

I have a new 2005 TSX w/navi (LOVE IT!!!). I desperatly want to hook up my ipod. I'm not very savy with all this technical stuff - I've been searching all over these boards and ipodlounge looking for solutions. I spoke to someone at Best Buy and also Al and Ed's here in Los Angeles. I was thinking of going with the icelink plus with the Dension UI (to keep my XM)...I think that's my best bet but not 100% sure. Then the guy at Al and Ed's said Dension is coming out with something specifically for TSX/navi in about a month...not sure if that's true or not. I can't get a hold of someone at Dension to ask. If that's true I may wait a month. But if I get impatient I was just hoping for some advice on what my best option is. I have a 2 hr commute every day and while the XM is nice I would love to be able to listen to my ipod music and my audible books in the car. Being in LA the FM transmitter isn't an option - I have the Belkin and it's worthless. I don't care what it costs and I got the name of 2 reliable places from Acura who can do the install. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-20-2005, 05:22 PM
8th Gear

*bump*
Old 07-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Advanced

prayers answered?

and I have not looked for the cheapest yet...

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...?product=20922
Old 07-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Originally Posted by Roman-dude
and I have not looked for the cheapest yet...

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...?product=20922

See Post #13 https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...57#post4268057
Old 01-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok I got the icelink with the y-harness for navi systems. I first did it without using the harness and only the left side speakers worked, and the navi screen didn't, the touch wouldn't work. Im doing this install because my CD player is jammed or something and won't work at all and im not under warranty anymore. I don't want the CD player at all. when I put everything together like its mean to be, and Say "Play CD" it says "CD Error" like always. The CD bottons don 't repsond due to the fact my CD player is messed up. I want the Dension controls along with my navi controls. I don't care about the CD player not working as long as the Dension works. Any thoughts please?
Old 01-10-2006, 05:50 PM
honk not beep

yea.. i've seen this problem before in the av forums.. . let me take a look at the tsx repair manual when I get home. It has to deal with your y-harness. As for the buttons working, I think they should work with the dension because its on "cd-c" instead of cd.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by palidanx
yea.. i've seen this problem before in the av forums.. . let me take a look at the tsx repair manual when I get home. It has to deal with your y-harness. As for the buttons working, I think they should work with the dension because its on "cd-c" instead of cd.
ok everyone works fine now except im not gettin audio through the right side speakers when in "cd-c" mode. Im going to update all the firmware and everthing on my ipod now. Now the only problem is the right side audio.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Racer

does anyone know why the right side speakers aren't working?? I really don't want to send it back, i'll move some wires around if I have to.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Cruisin'

DENISON ICE installation.. any new updates? 2/9/2007

I just got the Denison ICE Link v 2.02 and have navi.

Does anybody here have a -Y-harness to sell that is known to work on a 04 TSX with navi?

What is the part number or a working link (other links in this thread no longer work) to a vendor?

Last edited by Edoco; 02-09-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Intermediate

does anyone know where i can get just the dock cable? i have the cradle, but don't wanna leave it in that thing. i've searched around, but not real luck.