INSTALLED 6x9 type s

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 11:47 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
INSTALLED 6x9 type s

My views:

They def. made an improvement in the bass response. I can now turn the bass up to +4 or +5 where as before i could only turn it up to +1.

They seem to be distortion free and the bass is very much improved.....now....I have to attack the lack of rear HIGHS....i think its time for 6.5 type S in the rear doors....
Old 08-15-2004, 03:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
and that's why i recomended the boston pros 6x9 on your other post dude.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Racer

HOW WOULD THE BOSTON PROS HELP ME anymore.

the 6x9's in the car are WIRED FOR BASS ONLY....i am not rewiring them to get highs!

i was only looking for a good 6x9 for bass....not mids and highs
Old 08-15-2004, 06:14 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
he's from Ohio. you gotta forgive him.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:46 PM
Future Seminole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just steal the signal from the rear doors... of course they wont play as much bass, but they sound AWESOME wired like that. when i had my sub in and my 6x9s disconnected it was way tooo much bass, but then when i wired the 6x9s with the rear doors it was like night and day... absolutely amazing... i recommend it
Old 08-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by jiggaman
he's from Ohio. you gotta forgive him.

And bg, there are already posts regarding the Alpines. But what else should we expect from you.

Mods: Why do we continue to let this guy repost everywhere?

Oh, and by the way bg, you should have got those Boston Pros...
Old 08-16-2004, 10:10 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bgillette
My views:

They def. made an improvement in the bass response. I can now turn the bass up to +4 or +5 where as before i could only turn it up to +1.
Just curious what you mean by this. Are you saying that with the stock 6x9s you were getting bass distortion when you went beyond +1? At what volume levels?

Trending Topics

Old 08-16-2004, 10:14 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Look, if the bass response had improved, the speakers would have been playing more bass without you having turned the bass setting up.

Having to turn the bass UP is a sign of a poor speaker system, just like having to turn the treble up is a sign of a poor speaker system.

A good speaker system has good bass and good highs with the bass and treble centered.

But you probably think that a good stereo system lets you turn the bass on the radio all the way up, don't you?
Old 08-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Racer

listen the problem was that at normal volumes the bass would distort at +1 with the factory speakers

now i can set the bass at +4 and NO SPEAKERS DISTORT even at HIGH listening levels

and elduderino....i know alots about stereos and sound both in car and home........only problem is i dont have $1000-2000 bucks to make this stereo gods gift to car audio....and the second issue is that i trade cars in every 3 years........so its a HORRIBLE INVESTMENT to make EVERY SINGLE STEREO PERFECT in my cars........i just make them GOOD ENOUGH.

if i had my way i would change EVERYTHING about the stereo ...new Deck, 2 sets of components Front and rear doors, 1 amp powering the components, new full range 6x9's with their own amp....and 1 JL 12W7 in my trunk with a JL AMP.......see how quick $2000 comes around.....

If i were goign to keep this car 10-15 years.......i'd do that in a heartbeat.....but by 30000-35000miles...this girl is gone for a NEW ONE...
Old 08-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Burning Brakes

good sound doesnt necessarily mean lots of $$$. id suggest that you get a pair of HD580 headphones, and use that for reference as to how music is meant to sound. you can get a pretty decent system for around 500 bucks if you know what to look for.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:12 AM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by tuan209
good sound doesnt necessarily mean lots of $$$. id suggest that you get a pair of HD580 headphones, and use that for reference as to how music is meant to sound. you can get a pretty decent system for around 500 bucks if you know what to look for.
I have those exact Sennheisers...Awesome phones...
Old 08-17-2004, 10:17 AM
Just dial 1911

and elduderino....i know alots about stereos and sound both in car and home........only problem is i dont have $1000-2000 bucks to make this stereo gods gift to car audio....and the second issue is that i trade cars in every 3 years........so its a HORRIBLE INVESTMENT to make EVERY SINGLE STEREO PERFECT in my cars........i just make them GOOD ENOUGH.

if i had my way i would change EVERYTHING about the stereo ...new Deck, 2 sets of components Front and rear doors, 1 amp powering the components, new full range 6x9's with their own amp....and 1 JL 12W7 in my trunk with a JL AMP.......see how quick $2000 comes around.....
Tough on a teachers salary...Understandable...

And you dont need to do all that crap anyway. Like Eldu and I said in previous posts, we did it for under 500. And my system ROCKS. I was turning heads left and right when I went to Vegas last month crusing the strip...
Old 08-17-2004, 10:21 AM
VP Electricity

listen...
OK, I'm listening.

... the problem was that at normal volumes the bass would distort at +1 with the factory speakers...
Why were you setting the bass at +1 in the first place? Did the music you were listening to, which had SO MUCH BASS that it was causing your speakers to distort, require you to turn the bass control UP so you could hear MORE bass?

The purpose of the bass control is to make songs which sound as if they have too LITTLE bass sound BETTER. You have stated that you listen to hip-hop and techno. Which rappers and DJs were guilty of including too little bass in their recordings? I'm curious...

now i can set the bass at +4 and NO SPEAKERS DISTORT even at HIGH listening levels...
I have to say that, with all due respect, I just don't believe this statement to be accurate at all. I can believe that there is LESS distortion, and I can believe that it's less distortion than a guy who turns his bass up to +4 would notice, but I do not believe that there's no distortion in any speaker. Hell, the bass center frequency on this deck is high enough that it affects the door speaks as well... I bet at +4 on the bass, they are losing it at times...

and elduderino....i know alots about stereos and sound both in car and home........
Actually, judging by your posts on this and other threads, I don't think you do know that much about audio, but you certainly seem to be the kind of young man who acts as if they know something about everything. Many of us were like this as young men, but it does not lessen the pain you create in other people's asses when you pull that kind of know-it-all rookie move.

.....only problem is i dont have $1000-2000 bucks to make this stereo gods gift to car audio....and the second issue is that i trade cars in every 3 years........so its a HORRIBLE INVESTMENT to make EVERY SINGLE STEREO PERFECT in my cars........i just make them GOOD ENOUGH...
Hmm... as I remember, you were the one that was too scared to remove the doors of a "$30,000 car". You are not keeping your rationalizations straight. And no, that's not the "only problem"...

1) This is a great victim statement! It's YOUR car! You're a grown adult (apparently). Who else's way is it? OF course you have your way! And you've decided to put in a $100 pair of by-nines, and then argue that it's all you can do! Of course you have the right to put in the by-nines - but make a choice and OWN it! It sounds like you don't want to upgrade the stereo (judging by the choice that YOU made, anyway), but it also sounds like you're telling yourself that you didn't have a choice... and that's unfortunate, because you did, and you do, and so does everyone else.

2) Apparently for a guy who "trades his car in every 3 years" you sound as if you are letting your wallet tell you what you want. If you truly wanted the upgraded sound, you would find a way. If you don't want it, you would own the choice you made that it's not where you want to spend money. Either position is a responsible one. Saying that you'd like to, but you can't, because the world sucks and stereos cost money and blah blah blah is not the responsible position - it's juvenile whinging. (how many times can you have traded in your car "every three years" at 25, anyway?)

Oh, this is probably talking to the refrigerator...
Old 08-17-2004, 10:48 AM
Team Owner

Geez, this just goes on and on and on.

Old 08-17-2004, 10:54 AM
Just dial 1911

BG, you got...
Old 08-17-2004, 11:25 AM
I spend 2 much time here

jeez guys, let the poor guy just enjoy his car.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:47 AM
VP Electricity

Have a great time in your nice TSX, bg, with your new speaks.

And when you get that itch to tell people how the VSA works, or how audio works... don't scratch it, K? Because I've gone through and read your posts, and you might want to switch to decaf for a while and just listen and learn.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:49 AM
04 remembrance

This whole forum's a bully.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:55 AM
Just dial 1911

Whatever jigga, you gave me shit for not pouring billions of dollars into my sounds. Dont be a hypocrite...
Old 08-17-2004, 11:56 AM
VP Electricity

Has anybody clicked on this guy's post history?
Old 08-17-2004, 12:12 PM
2004 TSX

[QUOTE=bgillette] .. new full range 6x9's with their own amp.... [QUOTE]

The Quarts going in my doors, where also in my 2000 Integra and 2002 WRX..I've used plenty of amps, speakers, and radios in multiple cars with multiple installs...Not trying to argue with you about it, just saying, it's dumb to buy good equipment and leave it in the car on trade-in, unless you really didn't want it anyway.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:46 PM
Racer

I quit ....

thanks jigga and iamhomin
Old 08-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Just dial 1911

:gheywave:

WE WIN!
Old 08-17-2004, 01:33 PM
VP Electricity

[QUOTE=musicbox][QUOTE=bgillette] .. new full range 6x9's with their own amp....

The Quarts going in my doors, where also in my 2000 Integra and 2002 WRX..I've used plenty of amps, speakers, and radios in multiple cars with multiple installs...Not trying to argue with you about it, just saying, it's dumb to buy good equipment and leave it in the car on trade-in, unless you really didn't want it anyway.
Yeah, isn't that why god created eBay?
Old 08-17-2004, 01:37 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Originally Posted by joerockt
Whatever jigga, you gave me shit for not pouring billions of dollars into my sounds. Dont be a hypocrite...
billions of dollars? i'm sorry for suggesting you spend that much, i meant to say you should spend atleast a couple million.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:39 PM
VP Electricity

"Won Milyun Dollars!"

Old 08-17-2004, 02:06 PM
Racer

:gheywave:

Everyone knows that you 2 that keep talkin shit are but know we also know that you are

so have fun backin each other on a little public forum where people just feel like talking....not talking shit

so please continue to have little :gheyfight: with everyone because we know deep down inside you are both :ghey: lovers

Old 08-17-2004, 03:06 PM
Team Owner

This is really getting out of hand. Can't you guys just accept the fact you won't agree. bgillette swapped his 6x9 out and is happy with the results. Lets just leave it at that. On the other hand elduderino has been an exceptionally helpful poster regarding sound system installs, I think our board members really value his input, and IMHO he doesn't just talk shit out of his a$$. Sound is so subjective. If you're happy with it then great, if not and you ask for help then don't criticize the advice. Don't be a
Old 08-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Just dial 1911

hahaha, yea BG everyone here loves it when you repost the same crap day in day out.

Wow, imagine that, another gay reference from you. Man are you en fuego...Do you think the parents of the children you teach would approve? Geez, I still cant get over that fact.

BG: Class, today were going to learn about sound. Did you all know 6x9's can push more air and sound louder then a 10" sub? ITS TRUE!

Class: Man...Mr. BG IS FULL OF SHIT...

Old 08-17-2004, 03:21 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by jlukja
This is really getting out of hand. Can't you guys just accept the fact you won't agree. bgillette swapped his 6x9 out and is happy with the results. Lets just leave it at that. On the other hand elduderino has been an exceptionally helpful poster regarding sound system installs, I think our board members really value his input, and IMHO he doesn't just talk shit out of his a$$. Sound is so subjective. If you're happy with it then great, if not and you ask for help then don't criticize the advice. Don't be a
But see jlukja, thats the problem. He asks for advice and either completly ignores it or does the complete opposite and then claims it was the best thing to ever happen to him.

Yea, sound is subjective, but there are some basic principals to follow to make sound even better. Thats all Eldu was trying to convey to this guy. But then BG gets hostile because thats not what he wants to hear.

And besides, its all in good fun.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:25 PM
I spend 2 much time here

6x9s are by far the most superior way to push bass.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:37 PM
VP Electricity

No, dude, you need to get a LOT of 5" paper cone speakers in a ported box, and they'll play killer bass... wait, that was the original Bose 501.

And since it's well known to anyone who watched Chasing Amy (or any Kevin Smith film) that those who constantly engage in homophobic trash talk are actually repressed homosexuals themselves, I have visited the personals section of both Gay.com and craigslist and published the following information:

So good luck on embracing your wholeness as a male, Brad.

OK, I really didn't do that... but it would've been funny.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:37 PM
Just dial 1911

Im kinda partial to the 4" panel subwoofers myself.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by elduderino
OK, I really didn't do that... but it would've been funny.

Here's one for you BG: Edit: Sorry, I meant Bradley, you people seem to be sensitive to that.

Old 08-17-2004, 04:20 PM
Racer

OK thats crossing the line..........why you gotta be such a fag.....searching to find out my phone number.........thats not my address anymore though.....

keep it in jest.....keep in on the BOARD
Old 08-17-2004, 04:23 PM
I spend 2 much time here

how did this thread get to this point? somebody please stop the madness!
Old 08-17-2004, 04:27 PM
Just dial 1911

Bradley - Teacher, Negotiator, Audio Expert and now LAWYER!

Seriously, I see a sitcom in the makings here.

slan·der ( P ) Pronunciation Key (slndr)
n.
Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.

And this ruins your rep because...?

Edit: Oh, sorry Jigga, did we get off topic??
Old 08-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Racer

JUST END THIS CRAP NOW........i'm DONE posting on your topics and threads..............you 2 do the same for my stuff..

end of story
Old 08-17-2004, 04:31 PM
04 remembrance

ibtl?
Old 08-17-2004, 04:31 PM
Just dial 1911

IBTL :padlock:

Quick Reply: INSTALLED 6x9 type s