Has anyone tried any of these navi video adapters?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006 | 03:06 PM
Instructor

Has anyone tried any of these navi video adapters?

Just wondering if anyone has tried any of these navigation video adapters:

Soundgate VIDHON2

Peripheral PNVI

G-NET RGB HONDAACURA20

These all are the same adapters that are manufatured by this company:

Ventura Technology

This company also manufactures the Aux input adapters that Soundgate sells such as the SNHON3. Wondering what the ease of installation and more importantly the video quality of these products are like. These have a couple of features that Dom's unit doesn't have. Any input will greatly be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2006 | 09:15 PM
Banned

Never heard of any of them.
The only one other than "Dom's" that I have read about on this forum is "AVElectronic"

just get the most pricey one, that should give you best quality

Last edited by fuckleberry; 05-16-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-16-2006 | 09:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Glad to see there are other options out there..

I doubt the quality can get any better then Doms unit but I'd be curious to see what these units can do.. But for the price of Doms and the customer support it would be hard to beat.
Old 05-16-2006 | 11:01 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by fuckleberry
Never heard of any of them.
The only one other than "Dom's" that I have read about on this forum is "AVElectronic"

just get the most pricey one, that should give you best quality
Fuckleberry, why the hell do you even bother giving replies such as this? Don't you have anything else better to do than to just mock people. Most of your 2600 replies that I've read are crap like this! These forums are designed for people to help each other, not to talk shit and call people newbies.

I don't understand why people on this forum always say to not buy the cheapest components because that's what you ended up getting (something of cheap quality), and then go buy the cheapest video adapter they could find. As I recall, you bought your Dom's adapter used because you wanted to save some money and look at what you ended up getting:

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/full-screen-video-quality-doms-dvd2nav-box-338743/

If you wouldn't have gone the cheapest route, you probably wouldn't have that problem. Not to knock on Dom's unit, but most of the people here only have it because of the group buys. I'm not saying it's a bad unit, but there are other options out there. Most of us don't know of the qualilty of these other units because we all try to go the cheaper route.

Anyways, for those of you that are interested as to why these are different:

The first feature I'm referring to is the ability to add a remote to the unit. You can add a toggle switch to the one from tvandnav2go's unit but that only lets you toggle between the nav and first aux input. That toggle doesn't let you switch between the two aux inputs. The reason this would be a benefit is in case you decide that you want to use that second input for something other than a backup cam.

Secondly, another feature this has is that it lets you adjust the brightness, color and contrast for each input. It holds these setting for each input in it's memory. The reason that this is important is because not all video feeds are the same. For instance, if you decide to use the backup cam you could adjust the settings if they are too dark. This would not effect the settings for a dvd player which may display the video perfectly, and vise versa. On the tvandnav2go you could only adjust the brightness setting. That setting would apply to both inputs simultaneosly.
Old 05-16-2006 | 11:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Masterpoolcat
Fuckleberry, why the hell do you even bother giving replies such as this? Don't you have anything else better to do than to just mock people. Most of your 2600 replies that I've read are crap like this! These forums are designed for people to help each other, not to talk shit and call people newbies.

I don't understand why people on this forum always say to not buy the cheapest components because that's what you ended up getting (something of cheap quality), and then go buy the cheapest video adapter they could find. As I recall, you bought your Dom's adapter used because you wanted to save some money and look at what you ended up getting:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338743

Your post gets
Old 05-17-2006 | 03:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Masterpoolcat
As I recall, you bought your Dom's adapter used because you wanted to save some money and look at what you ended up getting:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338743
I'm and apologize for being a idiot.. Please forgive me..

I can't act civil sometimes and result to name calling and acting like a fool..

Last edited by fuckleberry; 05-17-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-18-2006 | 03:37 PM
Instructor

I'm and apologize for being a idiot.. Please forgive me..

I can't act civil sometimes and result to name calling and acting like a fool..
No worries! Just remember that we're all here to help one another. Even though we all might not agree sometimes, it doesn't make anybody wrong. We can all benefit from each others input. :gheyhug: (After all, it was because of you that I finally decided on which antenna to get. )
Old 05-20-2006 | 12:11 PM
Banned

thanks whoever for the "fix"
Old 05-20-2006 | 12:59 PM
Senior Moderator

thanks whoever for the "fix"