Harmon Kardon DP1US - Ipod Integration

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 07:12 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harmon Kardon DP1US - Ipod Integration

I purchased a DRIVE+PLAY 1 the other day.. cheap.. $20.. ive always wanted to listen to my IPOD through my factory stereo..

Now, I have a 2002 TL-S, Factory Stereo, No Navigation, CD-Changer.

The manual for the DP1US says I can plug directly into the back of the head unit, in the cd-changer plug in.. thus bypassing the need for FM Modulation.. anyone ran ipod integration off the cd-changer?

Has anyone installed a DP1US? I looked through the forum and read the walkthru on the CL

http://www.skyeflye.com/acura_cls/In...01-2003_CL.pdf

as to how to remove the factory head unit out of the CL.. is this pretty accurate when it comes to the TL?

Do you guys foresee me needing any other parts\pieces? Id like to power the DP1US via the headunit, as it says I can with the 12v connection..

Anyone have a diagram (i looked, couldn't find one that made sense) as to how I would wire this thing up?

Im linking to the diagram Harman Kardon provides so maybe I can get some further incite cause as of now im kinda clueless as to how im going to install and or power this thing.

http://www.harmankardon.com/drive-1/diagram.aspx

I posted this in the wrong section earlier..

Thanks guys!

Marcus
Old 10-14-2008, 08:29 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snhond3?

Am I going to need to buy a SNHOND3 or something else to interface between the brain box of the DRIVE+PLAY and the back of my headunit?

Ive read a lot on the TSX.. since that is the only info im finding and they are saying for that car you need it, but one isn't made for the '02 TL.. leading me to believe it isn't needed?

My Drive+Play arrives tonight so I'm trying to put it in tonight as well.. any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Marcus