Final Setup Of My System

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 01:43 AM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Final Setup Of My System

I've got a final setup of my system... all parts ordered now all I have to do is save cash for an install. Anyone have an upload site or a server I can e-mail a pic to so that you can post it up here so that everyone can see what my final system will look like and each piece's relative cost?
Old 01-30-2004, 01:51 AM

http://uploads.offtopic.com/files/SYSTEMXLS.jpg
Old 01-30-2004, 10:42 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seems like a nice setup. Where will you be mounting the screen? and why did you choose the power acoustik screen/dvd player??

Just curious...not trying to be rude
Old 01-30-2004, 10:58 AM
Burning Brakes

97AcuraCL - I think you are over doing it abit w/ the speakers. Seriously why do you want 6.5 in the rear door and 6x9 on the rear and SUBS??? thats just ridiculous and not practical. Besides the fact that you are wasting money, that setup prolly wont sound very nice.

What is your purpose of upgrading the speakers? SQ or SL? Here is an important article you can read about sound imaging.
http://www.betteraudio.com/geolemon/Phasing/Phasing.htm

My advice is to ditch the the 6.5 in the rear doors and the 6x9 in the back. Just spend your money on some AWESOME frontstage speakers, a sub, and a 4channel amp to power it all. Keep it simple. IF you really want to keep the 6.5 rear door, just leave it stock and powered off the HU.

Just my opinion
Old 01-30-2004, 10:59 AM

Originally posted by DooD
seems like a nice setup. Where will you be mounting the screen? and why did you choose the power acoustik screen/dvd player??

Just curious...not trying to be rude
Beacuse its the only brand that I could find out there with a decent rep and a decent price that makes teh components the way I needed it. Plus the screen had a PERFECT fit. I've heard good things; even though its not one of the big Sony Pioneer Kenwood Alpine type things. Try to find a decent head rest montor thats slim from them without a lotta crap on the edges of the screen, and still not pay over 200 bucks for it. It was imperative to find one that was NO MORE THAN 3.5" tall or else it wouldn't fit. but this screen is like a PERFECT MADE FOR THIS APP fit. Because not only does it fit perfectly vertically; it fits perfect horizontally. I'm mounting where the yellow circle is below....

http://uploads.offtopic.com/files/din.jpg
Old 01-30-2004, 11:40 AM

Originally posted by tuan209
97AcuraCL - I think you are over doing it abit w/ the speakers. Seriously why do you want 6.5 in the rear door and 6x9 on the rear and SUBS??? thats just ridiculous and not practical. Besides the fact that you are wasting money, that setup prolly wont sound very nice.

What is your purpose of upgrading the speakers? SQ or SL? Here is an important article you can read about sound imaging.
http://www.betteraudio.com/geolemon/Phasing/Phasing.htm

My advice is to ditch the the 6.5 in the rear doors and the 6x9 in the back. Just spend your money on some AWESOME frontstage speakers, a sub, and a 4channel amp to power it all. Keep it simple. IF you really want to keep the 6.5 rear door, just leave it stock and powered off the HU.

Just my opinion
that is what i'm doing; the rear door and rear deck are type-s's powerd off of just the stock amp... and the front type-r components are powered off the MTX 4202 Amp

still no good?
Old 01-30-2004, 11:49 AM
Burning Brakes

i wouldnt put that many speakers in my car, but if you want more input on it post on Caraudioforums.com and caraudio.com. im sure you can get some good advice on there.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Burning Brakes

im putting together a DIY for my tsx when it arrives.

LPG 25nfa tweeters - $60
Peerless 6.5 cxs-c $80
custom crossovers - $50
2 TangBang 6x9 Subs - $60
USA-4300x Amp - $300

Total - $550
Old 01-30-2004, 12:29 PM

do you think i'll need that capacitor since i'm putting in 2 amps?
Old 01-30-2004, 12:42 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Capacitors are a waste. If anything, get a bigger battery then a bigger alternator.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:11 PM

dont know too much about audio but the stuff you have looks good...noticed u were in orlando, which shop is installing all this?

thanks!
Old 01-30-2004, 01:14 PM

AVC West Colonial Drive in Winter Garden.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:13 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by tuan209
Just my opinion
tuan, I have read most of your other posts. Aren't you the one who is advocating the $33 dollar pacific-rim speakers? What kind of soundstage are you anticipating from such a high quality speaker? I am not trying to be critical here. However, unless you are going to have some custom dash panels made so that a premium after market HU is going to be used, you are confined by the electronics of the Acura system which does not provide a single full range channel, close to full range in the doors, but, not full. The front doors have a bass boost and high roll-off an d the rear doors have a bass rolloff. What your article fails to mention is what happens when the vehicle is moving.

Noise source from all around you (tire noise, wind, road, etc) will have the same cancelling effects to your audio as timing descepencies between drivers. The failur of the articles author to mention this implies the vehicle mesurments we taken while stationary, and , probably without the engine running too!

I read the link on absolute phasing and found it quite interesting and informative. I agree with the document in theory. And if one was looking to simply build a "music room" in a stationary vehicle, I would agree in total. However, there are a number of dynamics that come into play inside a moving vehicle. Not trying to be rude, but, that is how it is. Take the Mark Levinson System int the LS430 or the McIntosh engineered system in the Subarus. A good soundstage is possible with multiple speakers.

You are basing all of your well meaning advice on a single approach. There is always more ways to skin a cat. There is no one right way. And I think it is unfair of you to push your way so agressively that you wil tell someone that there way is ridiculous and won't sound very good (your quote above).

Besides, unless you have updated a post, you have not even begun your upgrade process, you are simply sharing your ideas with us. After you have completed your system with your $33 speakers, please let us know how it compares to the original factory setup. And remember, few things in a vehicle are as subjective and personal as the audio system. As long as it sounds good to the owner, that it makes them smile, that it makes them feel like it was money well spent, I say, each to his/her own.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:34 PM
Burning Brakes

First off, I AM NOT basing anything on ONE article. If you REALLY want to get alot of opinions about car audio then research on many forums. example....caraudioforums.com, caraudio.com ,and many others. Ive done extensive research as well as listen to many systems. Yes, the Lexus system is great, but have you audition a sound system with a BADASS frontstage? The Lexus sound system might be great compared to many other cars' systems but it doesnt mean its the best setup. I highly recommend you go listen to some. As for 33 dollars speakers, they are TANG BANGS, which are the 6x9 subs. Not full way speakers, coaxils, etc.... Tang Bang makes speakers for many companies. They even make speakers for Logitech. Many car audio eth. have recommended them to me. I dont take your post personally, but Im here trying to give my opinion after Ive done much research. Go ask ANYBODy on car forums who KNOWS alot about car audio and they will tell you that all those speakers are ridiculous.

I too wanted to replace all speakers w/ NAME brand stuff but after doing alot of Homework Ive learned there are many brands that are better.

Just because you dont see Tang Bangs, Illusion Audio, Peerless, ScanSpeak, etccc at Best Buy or even mobile one doesnt mean they are no good.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Burning Brakes

btw...you mentioned that the article didnt state wht happens when the car moves....

that just PROVES that building a SQ system in car is very difficult compared to a home system and that is EXACTLY why you DONT want sooo many speakers playin different frequencies....
Old 01-30-2004, 05:50 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by SilverTSXinPA
tuan, I have read most of your other posts. Aren't you the one who is advocating the $33 dollar pacific-rim speakers? What kind of soundstage are you anticipating from such a high quality speaker? I am not trying to be critical here. However...
After reading this post, I feel compelled to respond also. I just want to say that I went for it, and replaced all four door speakers, and replaced the 6x9's with a quality set, and the difference is 100% noticable better. The bass is tighter, the treble is more crisp, the sound is cleaner and tighter...what a great improvement. There may be fancy or simple ways to get the best quality sound (like using headphones...haha :P ), but for most stereo upgrades, it's going to kick butt over the stock system.

My two cents...

dave2music
Old 01-30-2004, 10:41 PM

Well i've already bought a set of Type-R components and an amp to power them... and the Type-S 6.5's for the door and 6x9s for the rear deck that i'm planning to power both with the stock amp. I've already purchased all these primarily from e-bay and all i'm waiting now is to be able to afford to install it all. I think its gonna sound great and I'm looking forward to having it all done.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:19 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by dave2music
After reading this post, I feel compelled to respond also. I just want to say that I went for it, and replaced all four door speakers, and replaced the 6x9's with a quality set, and the difference is 100% noticable better. The bass is tighter, the treble is more crisp, the sound is cleaner and tighter...what a great improvement. There may be fancy or simple ways to get the best quality sound (like using headphones...haha :P ), but for most stereo upgrades, it's going to kick butt over the stock system.

My two cents...

dave2music
Amen.