factory changer

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003 | 09:31 PM
Racer

factory changer

i have a 200 tl and was wondering if my car is pre wired for the factory changer in the trunk? if so, where is the plug?
Old 09-03-2003 | 09:24 AM
Intermediate

We do not work with factory changers sorry!

Alex from Blitzsafe
Old 09-03-2003 | 07:14 PM
Racer

the alpine 6 disc canger can be incorperated to the factory changer via an adapter. just want to know if the factory wiring is in the trunk?
Old 09-05-2003 | 05:30 PM
Intermediate

We do have the prt but the wire runs behind the head unit.
Old 09-06-2003 | 08:07 AM
Instructor

Re: factory changer

Originally posted by davey73
i have a 200 tl and was wondering if my car is pre wired for the factory changer in the trunk? if so, where is the plug?
No. You have to route the wire yourself. Not very hard, just time consuming. A shortcut mod is to place the changer under the passenger seat.

If you go with an Alpine changer, you'll also need an adapter for the unit to plug into the back of your factory radio.

Hope this answer helps.
Old 09-06-2003 | 09:06 PM
Racer

thanks, good idea on putting it under the seat. did'nt think it would fit.
Old 09-07-2003 | 11:16 AM
Instructor

The wire isn't all that difficult to run, Honda uses these great re-useable clips to hold everything on. Once you do it a few times you can take apart and re-assemble the whole interior trim in less than 15 minutes!!! i can speak from experience, I change my system around daily.

Your best bet to run the wire would be to route it down the passenger side and into the trunk. Start by removing the woodgrain from the center console. This is done by opening the center console and pulling straight up on the end of the woodgrain trim. it will be a little stiff the first time out, but dont be afraid. Pull up there and the rest of the trim will follow.

Next you will see some plated phillips head screws by the cup holder. There are two per side, just remove the one towards the front. Follow the side console trim up to the glove compartment and you will pass about two more screws on the way up, yank those too. Then grab the piece about the center of it and yank it out. Note how the back of it meets up with the rest of the side of the console, with some interlocking tabs. Don't be afraid to bend the panel, its really flexible. Then the front part of the panel is held in next to the glove compartment with clips that are oriented front-to-rear. A firm pull back on the piece will get it out.

You can now pull up both the front and rear door sills, just pry up with your fingers at the outside and pull the whole piece straight up. All clips that wont break on you.

Next the little kick panel comes out. Stick you hand in where it meets the rug and pry out to free the clip, then pull back to take it out.

Rear seat is a littler tricky since there is a 10 mm bolt by the drivers side seat belt latch. just push the leather out of the way in this area and you should see a metal tab off the seat bottom with a bolt through it. Once thats out just pull up on the front of the seat by where it meets the carpet, it pops out.

So now you can run your cable front to back, just sneak it under the rear seat back and into the trunk. It is helpful to have someone help you with this the first time.

Everything goes back together the same way it came apart. There are other posts with instructions on how top do this, but this is just my take on the process. I tend to cheat a little bit here and ther since i do it so often, so sorry if I left something out.

I was extremely nervous the first time I did this and i have plenty of customizing experience, but not on my own $33K car!!! Its really simple, good luck....

moat
Old 09-08-2003 | 03:04 PM
Racer

Talking

thanks for all that info, i'm making a copy now.