DIY Sticky Thread.. Suggestions..

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 09:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DIY Sticky Thread.. Suggestions..

Just some open discussion about the DIY sticky thread..

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or ideas..

Just looking to improve things.. Let me know if anyone has any good ideas, suggestions or if there's any problems with it..
Old 06-21-2006, 01:00 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, two things that I've noticed are:

1. You have two DIY's, the sticky and the anouncement DIY's. The sticky has more threads than the anouncement. Not sure if this is intentional.

2. Some of the thread links no longer work. For example: Door Panel Removal - Front for TSX.

Hope that helps some.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Masterpoolcat
Well, two things that I've noticed are:

1. You have two DIY's, the sticky and the anouncement DIY's. The sticky has more threads than the anouncement. Not sure if this is intentional.

2. Some of the thread links no longer work. For example: Door Panel Removal - Front for TSX.

Hope that helps some.

1. Just trying to make it fool proof and visible so people or new people don't miss it..

2. Some links do no longer work. What I've been trying to do is host the images myself so they don't disapear..
Old 06-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jonesi
1. Just trying to make it fool proof and visible so people or new people don't miss it..
Having two different places to look was not what I was refering to. When I first started looking at this forum, I checked the Anouncement DIY because it was the most obvious. It's not till a couple of weeks later on that I realized that there are more DIY's in the Sticky thread than the Anouncement thread. I guess when you sticky something it doesn't automatically put it in the Anouncement thread also.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Masterpoolcat
Having two different places to look was not what I was refering to. When I first started looking at this forum, I checked the Anouncement DIY because it was the most obvious. It's not till a couple of weeks later on that I realized that there are more DIY's in the Sticky thread than the Anouncement thread. I guess when you sticky something it doesn't automatically put it in the Anouncement thread also.

I forgot to update the Announcement thread..

Maybe I should just link the Announcement to the Main thread.. Hmmmmmm..
Old 06-21-2006, 03:52 PM
Suzuka Master

I made two DIY threads long ago:
Sirius radio for my 01 CL
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...sirius+install

and a V1 hardwire thread...but I guess that wouldn't fit in this section.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:39 PM
3rd Gear

Need help with 01' cls stereo setup

hey...i have an 01' cls as stated, and i am looking to add aftermarket subs and an amp to stock head unit and speakers. I viewed your post on the cl and "adding an amp." I am a beginner installer and was wondering if you could help me at all in being more descriptive in what you did. im not postive on which wires/colors to cut, and what exactly to do. overall it seems pretty easy, i just don't want to cut the wrong wires, or do something wrong(obviously). could you please just be more descriptive (aka like ur talking to an idiot/layman's terms) and help me step by step i would REALLLLY appreciate it. i got to the stock amp and wiring harness, i just need to know about the wires and which to cut. thanks so much for any help.

basically put this (what you wrote) in laymans terms. V
V

""Cut the output from amp to the speakers (be sure to leave enough wire length on the harness). Connect 4 speaker wire to amp outputs (these will be connected to the inputs of the aftermarket amp) and 4 speaker wires to the speaker input (these will be connected to the outputs of the aftermarket amp.). Locate the remote wire and tap into it (do not cut it since the factory amp needs it). About the connections, you can use the connectors sold at Autozone, HiLo, Radio Shack, or Home Depot or solder them. I recommend soldering but I was too lazy to do it."

"For the inputs of the aftermarket amp, you have the choices of using speaker level inputs or using RCA converters (I used converters bought from Circuit City $20/each. 2 needed if you power all 4 channel and the sub. 1 if you just power the sub.) The reason I used the outputs from the factory amp but not the head
unit is because the output from the head unit is very weak ... you'll need a powerful amp to have decent output but you'll also get cleaner sound""
Old 06-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Instructor

Hey Pal44Life, you should try to PM Rise instead or start another thread. Your changing the whole purpose of this thread.