Clifford - alarm wonky? Pls post if you know!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 03:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clifford - alarm wonky? Pls post if you know!

Drove to work this morning fine. When I parked and armed my Clifford Intelliguard 7000, it make 3 chirps (it supposed to be 1 chirp alarm disarm, 2 chirps alarm armed). Now the 3 chirps sounded different, a deeper tone? Tried disarming and arming twice more, each time I arm the alarm, it chirps 3 times. Anybody have a clue what this means? I don't have my manual with me (it's at home) and I can't call my install shop (they close Mondays), and would like to know what's wrong for peace of mind. Anybody know or can find out, please post. Will check back here for answers. Thanks in advance!!!
Old 03-18-2002, 03:31 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
had the same problem with mine...yanked it out after *****ing with my installer for over 6 months...some sensor went off on your car and the chirps changed to indicate such.

I would recommend you know how to put the car alarm in valet mode and to reset the alarm...ie find the fuse for the alarm...Take it back to the installer to have the problem fixed...don't believe the installer if he says that the hood sensor is bad...bs...more likely that the entire module is bad...and see if the installer has the clifford wizard software to look at your module on the computer...
Old 03-18-2002, 04:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by thescoundrel
had the same problem with mine...yanked it out after *****ing with my installer for over 6 months...some sensor went off on your car and the chirps changed to indicate such.

I would recommend you know how to put the car alarm in valet mode and to reset the alarm...ie find the fuse for the alarm...Take it back to the installer to have the problem fixed...don't believe the installer if he says that the hood sensor is bad...bs...more likely that the entire module is bad...and see if the installer has the clifford wizard software to look at your module on the computer...
OK, thanks for the tip and heads up.
Old 03-19-2002, 07:17 AM
Banned

Re: Clifford - alarm wonky? Pls post if you know!

Originally posted by patrick
Drove to work this morning fine. When I parked and armed my Clifford Intelliguard 7000, it make 3 chirps (it supposed to be 1 chirp alarm disarm, 2 chirps alarm armed). Now the 3 chirps sounded different, a deeper tone? Tried disarming and arming twice more, each time I arm the alarm, it chirps 3 times. Anybody have a clue what this means? I don't have my manual with me (it's at home) and I can't call my install shop (they close Mondays), and would like to know what's wrong for peace of mind. Anybody know or can find out, please post. Will check back here for answers. Thanks in advance!!!
I believe 3 chirps when arming means one of the other zones is open and won't arm (like an open trunk) but the rest of the car is still armed. But go to their web site at www.clifford.com because they have all their owners' manuals and installation manuals online in PDF format. You can look up what you need from work.
Old 03-19-2002, 10:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have my complete owners manual around its in the house somewhere. I have the user manual but can't find anything about the 3 chirps when arm. I do see the 3 chirps when disarming this refers to a prior intrusion attempt alert. The LED will flash to let you know what sensor was triggerd. The smart auto testing only states that if you here 4 chirps/4 flashes instead of the usual 2&2. If a sensor is active 4 chirps & 4 flahes occur 10 seconds later. I have my system seleted to auto arm in silent mode each time I exit the car . I don't push the remote to arm alarm or lock doors. I have the disarm feature set to disarm in the quiet mode.
Old 03-19-2002, 02:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

OK, so I got off work last night and disarmed my alarm. It chirped 3 times, so I figure must be an intrusion attempt. Checked for damages or forced entry. Nothing. So I armed it again to see what would happen, and now it's back to normal. 2 chirps arm, 1 chirp disarm (the chirps sound normal). Drove home and tried again. OK. And this morning no problem either.

Pianoman, I looked and all doors and trunk were closed shut. So it does seem a little wierd why it did what it did yesterday. I'll see what happens in the next few days. If it happens again, I'll take it back to my installer's shop