AVIC-n2....bypassed.....I hope

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb AVIC-n2....bypassed.....I hope

Ok...i was google'n and this is the smartest thing i've seen (since looking at the file structure) and i think it will work....let me hear what you think guys....

Heres what my local audio store tried.....
1st they tried to "jumper" the speed sensor....(with a switch to go from navi/ to no nav but dvd) that works for exactly 1 1/2 minutes til that dam screen pops up again.
So I had a POS BRAND NEW AVIC N-2 FOR ABOUT 2 weeks . I was getting my iPOD adapter and sirius installed and they asked if I wanted to be the guinea pig for this deck seeing as the owner was to have this same deck installed shortly.
Well I wasn't gonna sit with this deck not able to play movies whilst I was in motion. So yes I'll take your trial and errors.

They came up with (and mind you I have no idea how to wire this as they did it and it works so why question it right) So here goes....

It is needed to understand that You will have to have a TOGGLE SWITCH to go from full navigation and gauges etc. to seperately having the ability to watch the movies. They accomplished this via 3 seperate relays being used to interrupt the stupid gyro from the brain unit.
They cut my GPS antenna, found through their own route, the relays in order to keep movie playing while in drive. So really who's gonna want NAVI while watching a movie anyways..... So give your local stereo installer the idea and let them run it through their workings because I have a full working dvd when in drive via a simple TOGGLE SWITCH and those 3 relays.

Hope this helps ya out and it aint too long for ya
Old 06-17-2005, 07:50 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tyzing
Ok...i was google'n and this is the smartest thing i've seen (since looking at the file structure) and i think it will work....let me hear what you think guys....

Heres what my local audio store tried.....
1st they tried to "jumper" the speed sensor....(with a switch to go from navi/ to no nav but dvd) that works for exactly 1 1/2 minutes til that dam screen pops up again.
So I had a POS BRAND NEW AVIC N-2 FOR ABOUT 2 weeks . I was getting my iPOD adapter and sirius installed and they asked if I wanted to be the guinea pig for this deck seeing as the owner was to have this same deck installed shortly.
Well I wasn't gonna sit with this deck not able to play movies whilst I was in motion. So yes I'll take your trial and errors.

They came up with (and mind you I have no idea how to wire this as they did it and it works so why question it right) So here goes....

It is needed to understand that You will have to have a TOGGLE SWITCH to go from full navigation and gauges etc. to seperately having the ability to watch the movies. They accomplished this via 3 seperate relays being used to interrupt the stupid gyro from the brain unit.
They cut my GPS antenna, found through their own route, the relays in order to keep movie playing while in drive. So really who's gonna want NAVI while watching a movie anyways..... So give your local stereo installer the idea and let them run it through their workings because I have a full working dvd when in drive via a simple TOGGLE SWITCH and those 3 relays.

Hope this helps ya out and it aint too long for ya
Thanks but that's sounds a little complicated without step by step instructions. I would hope that my hybrid N1 discs with latest map data will be much easier for all

If you can get more info on your mods, let us know

We're getting there

Thanks
Raven
Old 06-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Racer

just a matter of time...i didnt do this though....just came across it in another thread....i give it 2 weeks and we'll be in business.....brewwwwhaaa haaa haaaa
Old 06-17-2005, 08:13 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
No right way to do something stupid.

John Durbin
Old 06-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Boom goes the Dynamite

A great JD saying.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by elduderino
No right way to do something stupid.

John Durbin
does that mean you dont think it'll work????
Old 06-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Mobile Elec. Guru

I know what you read, and won't really comment on whether it will work long term. I will say that i hope you never need warranty work.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:19 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tyzing
does that mean you dont think it'll work????
I think that you're going to a lot of work do something that's illegal, dangerous, and shortsighted, and I'm glad you don't live or drive anywhere near me.