Anyone considering Streeteffectz read this

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone considering Streeteffectz read this

Ok, I know I am going to get flamed for this post, but I feel I must post this for anyone considering going to Streeteffectz in New Jersey.

I know they have tons of satisfied customers and I too have seen pics of their incredible work, but my experience has been about as bad as possible. I live in Connecticut about 2 hours away so this compounds the problem.

The first time I went, I had my old Soundstream Reference 405 amp installed along with some DLS seperates in front and a 10" JL sub in a box they built. On the way home, the amp started acting funny so I bought a JL 300/4 to replace it.

I made another appointment to have the amp installed, which was all good, except they did not mount it properly to the seatback (they screwed it into the carpet, but nothing else behind it so it just fell right off).

I gave them the benefit of the doubt and made yet another appointment and made the 4 hours round trip drive. They mounted the amp to a board and screwed it into the seatback. Today upon putting some things away in the backseat I noticed this. Apparantly, they screwed the board through the back of the seat and INTO the leather in the backseat behind the rear armrest. I'm not going to bother going back for a 4th time, this is a simple amp/speaker/sub install that even Circuit City could do without so much hassle.

Old 03-21-2006, 07:27 PM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
ouch that sucks man, sorry to hear that.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
damn!!!! call them up. send the pics to them....thats not right :/
Old 03-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
WOAH! I don't even know what to say except I'm sorry - there's just no excuse for that AT ALL and we will definitely replace the part the screw came through. Please email or call me directly Kyle, I'm EXTREMELY upset this came out of my shop and it's totally my fault.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Banned

As a matter of fact, call me ASAP - we'll fix it and refund you the money for the amp installation too.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Racer

Ron is an excellent guy, I would highly recommend talking to him about this. He will get this taken care of right away.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After seeing some of the stuff that goes through street effects I would also have to say this is a 1 in a million "slip through." I feel your pain, but this is definately not their style. I'm sure they will make it right and then some if you let them. But 4 hours round trip is a PIA! Sux!
Old 03-22-2006, 06:43 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Hats of to Ron for wanting to make things right. As a business owner you do not have 100% control over employees and mistakes do happen. The fact that he wants to make it right is a plus in my book. If I was't 1800 miles away he would be doing my audio.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StreetEffectz
As a matter of fact, call me ASAP - we'll fix it and refund you the money for the amp installation too.
I knew they'd come through.. That's a hell of a offer to make things right..
Old 03-22-2006, 07:59 AM
2nd Gear

Flamed? Hell no you should not get flamed at all. Its a service to the community when people like you expose this kind of stuff. The internet has a funny way of making a company appear to be something its not.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by yellxtr
Flamed? Hell no you should not get flamed at all. Its a service to the community when people like you expose this kind of stuff. The internet has a funny way of making a company appear to be something its not.
StreetEffectz has been on this site and serving members for several years 5+ and they've always had a good reputation. In fact, this is the first negative feedback i've heard since I've joined. I think these things happen and come with growing pains.

In the end, I think it comes down to what the company does to make things right when something has happened..
Old 03-22-2006, 08:54 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Jonesi
StreetEffectz has been on this site and serving members for several years 5+ and they've always had a good reputation. In fact, this is the first negative feedback i've heard since I've joined.
Like I said - The internet has a funny way of making a company appear to be something its not.

I think these things happen and come with growing pains.
I agree but it would be tough to apply that excuse in this case.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Not Asian

Old 03-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Instructor

sorry to hear it, but it sounds like it's gonna get taken care of.

Now here's the question I'm dying to ask:

How was the amp for the fronts installed? With LOCs, or were the preouts to the OEM amp tapped (and the OEM amp bypassed)?
Old 03-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonesi
In fact, this is the first negative feedback i've heard since I've joined.

yellxtr- uh....your first 2 posts at azine ever... 1 blasts one of the best install companies I know of(SE), the next confronts a mega mod (even though he is a Stealers fan)? Ya might wanna checkyerself if ya plan on chillin here for a minute.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by CJams

yellxtr- uh....your first 2 posts at azine ever... 1 blasts one of the best install companies I know of(SE), the next confronts a mega mod (even though he is a Stealers fan)? Ya might wanna checkyerself if ya plan on chillin here for a minute.

It's all good, he's entitled to his opinion..
Old 03-22-2006, 04:11 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by yellxtr
Like I said - The internet has a funny way of making a company appear to be something its not.
You just joined a month ago, what do you know about StreetEffectz?
Old 03-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Banned

Hey guys! I appreciate all the compliments and backing my company, many thanks. The bottom line is though, we screwed up (no pun intended), it happens, and we will 150% make it right
Old 03-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by defjukie
sorry to hear it, but it sounds like it's gonna get taken care of.

Now here's the question I'm dying to ask:

How was the amp for the fronts installed? With LOCs, or were the preouts to the OEM amp tapped (and the OEM amp bypassed)?
We disconnected the preouts from the factory amp going to the FRONT set only and hardwired those into the amp, no LOCs.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:16 AM
Advanced

I think everyone is missing the point...

they messed up the amp install the first time by not mounting it properly, I drove 4 hours solely for the purpose of getting the amp mounted...NOTHING else...how can this happen?

now I STILL stuck with a messed up amp mounting and no clue how to fix it...i am NOT going back there.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Senior Moderator

I think we can all understand your frustration, and 100% I would never want to be in your situation, but the vendor has offered you a replacement promise to make good on his work (or his shop's work) and a refund for the shoddy labor and shitty experience.

This is more than many other places would do to make it right. I highly suggest you take up the offer. A repaired car and a little cash back would make me feel a world better if I were unfortunatly in your situation.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Niner Faithful

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Playa178

they messed up the amp install the first time by not mounting it properly, I drove 4 hours solely for the purpose of getting the amp mounted...NOTHING else...how can this happen?

now I STILL stuck with a messed up amp mounting and no clue how to fix it...i am NOT going back there.
If S.E. wants to really make it right, then he'll drive up to you and install at your place.

I can understand....4 hours is a very long time to go somewhere to get something done, and to have to drive it twice b/c they messed up is unfair to you.

Hopefully you guys can work out a compromise b/c I had a good experience with them when my Blitzsafe didn't work.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:07 AM
Tristate Vip Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think this is a little much now. I understand your upset, I would be too but he has offered to make it all right and you are still upset. Let me guess besides making it right he should either pay for your gas to come back down here or have your car shipped here and back before you go to work/school the next day. Come on, give me a break. I give Ron for admitting they made a mistake and want to fix it, some companies will not admit they made a mistake and will do whatever it takes to NOT make it right.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Advanced

making it right would entail me having the screw not sticking through the seat and me not having to drive 4 hours to get it done...

i dont even want money...

this is exactly what i meant about being flamed for posting this...
Old 03-24-2006, 12:38 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
"Getting flamed" is NOT "people disagreeing with my position".

You have an emotional response to where you are and what has happened. No one is making that reaction wrong. However, you seem to be attached to your reaction and not letting go of it.

Remember the cartoon where the customer service manager says, "Shall we refund your money, buy you a new one, and have the salesperson shot? Would that be satisfactory?"

You had a bad experience, and you got pissed. Understandable. You are stuck in being pissed, and getting MORE pissed that others aren't all agreeing with you.

Let me know if that starts getting you the results you want.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:40 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
unfortunately that is what happens when you deal far away from home. i typically purchase my vehicles 90-120 min away, mostly b/c they don't have acura dealers near here. i have been pissed before about having to go back to the stealership to have them repeat the same repair after driving home.

BELIEVE me, you are entitled to be mad, if he was giving the cold shoulder, you would have a ton of room to complain. find a day that you can relax and make the trip and make sure the work is done to your liking before you leave.

meeting halfway is something you will prob have to do
Old 03-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Advanced

im not asking for a dime, or a service, i am just posting for anyone else considering going there, isnt that what we are all here for?

the point is that i went there 2 times for the same thing and neither time was it done right, and it's not right up the street from me, i am not driving 4 hours again to get an amp mounted.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Terigan...

im not asking for a dime, or a service, i am just posting for anyone else considering going there, isnt that what we are all here for?

the point is that i went there 2 times for the same thing and neither time was it done right, and it's not right up the street from me, i am not driving 4 hours again to get an amp mounted.

Personally I think this is a little irrational on your part.

You have every right to be disappointed and yes you have the right to post for people considering SE in the future. After the first mistake you have some responsibility to check the work before leaving. "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

However, I would at least take the offer up to make things right. Or see if you can get it fixed locally and send them a bill for that amount and whatever else within reason.

I think it's definitely a compliment that StreetEffectz readily admitted fault without hesitation and is being stand up about making this right.

Last edited by furious1smitul; 03-24-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:45 PM
Advanced

i dont see whats irrational, i am not asking for anything.

i simply posted this to share with people, how could they not admit fault?
Old 03-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Terigan...

i dont see whats irrational, i am not asking for anything.

i simply posted this to share with people, how could they not admit fault?
1) Well the fact that you're not asking for anything and are probably going to pay for it to get fixed may seem a little irrational?

2) You seem to be caught up more with the fact of trying to make your experience more known although everyone states it's a rare occurance rather than getting your stuff fixed.

Very true, but I know shops that wouldn't make an effort regardless.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:59 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
SE is willing to fix you problem
Old 03-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Advanced

I am not caught up in anything, i am posting this as a service to other people considering the same thing...isnt that what we do here??

and i am not willing to drive back there to fix it...i went there 3 times already and driving from CT to Jersey is not a fun drive...the point i am trying to make is the sole purpose of going there this last time was to mount the amp, nothing else.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Racer

Just let them fix your shit and refund some of your costs.. Quit being a lil bitch about it, yeah it sucks shit happens, and if someone is willing to replace fix refund I think you should take it and quit being a lil cry baby about it.. You know why it s still not fixed, CAUSE CRYING OVER IT HAS NEVER FIXED SHIT.. Get over it..
Old 03-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Advanced

ok you know what, forget I posted this

streeteffectz are gods, they are the greatest thing ever...

i am not crying about anything, this is a forum where we share experiences with people so they can make informed decisions about things they want to do to their car...

i havent asked for anything and everyone is jumping on my case about this...if anyone has a suggestion of how to fix it im waiting to hear it instead of being flamed for something that isn't my fault and that I am certainly not crying about.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Senior Moderator

He's not crying, he's sharing his experience that he had.. That's it.. Alot of you are dragging and making this out to be alot more then it is..

Edit - Beat me to it..
Old 03-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
if anyone has a suggestion of how to fix it im waiting to hear it instead of being flamed for something that isn't my fault and that I am certainly not crying about.
Originally Posted by StreetEffectz
we will definitely replace the part the screw came through. Please email or call me directly
we'll fix it and refund you the money for the amp installation too.
we all see your point that you are making and we all agree with you. But having everything fixed including all parts that where damaged as well as a refund is definatly worth one more trip down to nj, instead of doing nothing about it. Seems like a resonable suggestion on how to fix it to me.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Advanced

I'm not driving there again...if i could figure out how to get the screws out and remount the amp myself I would. I guess I will take it to a shop here and have it reinstalled.

I am not posting this to get anything out of it except to share an experience, I knew when I posted it that 90% of the board would jump on their side, but the bottom line is they mounted the amp wrong the first time, and i DID attempt to let them fix it and drive there a second time, and this was the result. That is the short of the story.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Racer

if i could figure out how to get the screws out and remount the amp myself I would. I guess I will take it to a shop here and have it reinstalled.
Screwdriver? Seriously though, post a pic or two of the amp either with the seat down or from the trunk. It looks like it needs to be shifted a few inches over - the mounting position is unfortunate as the armrest is recessed in the seat and the screw maybe a tad bit too long, obviously.

I am not posting this to get anything out of it except to share an experience, I knew when I posted it that 90% of the board would jump on their side, but the bottom line is they mounted the amp wrong the first time, and i DID attempt to let them fix it and drive there a second time, and this was the result. That is the short of the story.
Yeah, that totally blows, I wouldn't go back a third time, but you might consider giving him a call, maybe something could be worked out.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Advanced

sorry about the size, it seems to be bolted in with some kinda strange looking screw head...

also, it cant be shifted i believe because it is screwed into the metal behind the carpet on the seat back

Old 03-24-2006, 04:13 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I am not caught up in anything, i am posting this as a service to other people considering the same thing...
No, you're not. You could have been, if you had stated your problem a certain way and been objective about it.

But what you're doing beyond a certain point in this thread is half tantrum-throwing, half revenge-taking.

Calm down. Accept that sometimes things go wrong and maybe - just maybe - when they do go wrong, that it's NOT because someone is trying to screw you personally.

Because your reaction is all about taking this personally - like an insult or an attack -and taking things that way doesn't help.

In fact, you probably won't figure out your solution for this until you get over being mad and calm down.

Quick Reply: Anyone considering Streeteffectz read this