Anyone considering Streeteffectz read this

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why does everyone keep assuming im so angry or that i think i am being screwed over...

i never demanded anything, i never asked for anything, i never said anything to show anger...

i am posting this objectively because i gave them the opportunity to fix a mistake they made, and this was the result...what tantrum are you speaking of?...if you hadn't noticed, this happened AFTER the 2nd time I went there to have the amp mounted...did I post anything negative the first time they messed up?...no...i asked a question on the forum about how to mount the amp myself, and I simply am not technically inclined enough to do it, so I went back to let them do it.

why do I need to keep defending myself here?...I am a long-time member of this forum not someone who just joined to flame a company.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts
Bro they are just human....... I know its the little things in life that piss people off to.. ... I would be pissed to... But hey they saw there mistake and I am pretty sure it wont happen again.....
Old 03-24-2006, 04:49 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Playa178
sorry about the size, it seems to be bolted in with some kinda strange looking screw head...

also, it cant be shifted i believe because it is screwed into the metal behind the carpet on the seat back

Can't see the screw head clearly, so can't say, but it isn't holding the amp. Likely the amp is attached to a board behind the seat cover and the board attached to the seat. What I meant by shifted is that it needs to be unscrewed, moved, and screwed down again. The whole back of the seat is sheet metal.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Spoon
Can't see the screw head clearly, so can't say, but it isn't holding the amp. Likely the amp is attached to a board behind the seat cover and the board attached to the seat. What I meant by shifted is that it needs to be unscrewed, moved, and screwed down again. The whole back of the seat is sheet metal.
actually i dont think the whole seat back is sheet metal, that was the problem mounting the amp before...it was screwed into nothing but carpet.

you are right though, the amp is mounted to the board, and the board mounted to the seat, it really cant be shifted because of the way the seat folds up, there is a section in the way, I just checked it out...
Old 03-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Kyle - if you take the two screws out that are towards the PASSENGER side of the car, you can cut them shorter and put them back in, this way they won't be poking through the leather anymore - you don't need to remount or shift the amp - these are the screws that hold the wood plate in place, not the amp to the wood. If you need me to explain over the phone while you are doing it, not a problem either. Let me know how I can help and I'd still like to replace the leather in the middle there where they did come through.

If you need me to, I'll personally take a drive to you and do it for you, I just need a little time to clear a day on my schedule to do so.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Advanced

what kinda screw is it?

thats what im confused about, it appears to be some sort of hex but it is tough to see
Old 03-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Banned

what kinda screw is it?

thats what im confused about, it appears to be some sort of hex but it is tough to see
It is a HEX head....I THINK (stress on THINK) it's a 7MM hex head.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:21 PM
Advanced

ill have to figure out how to cut the screw and find a hex screwdriver
Old 03-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Ok, everyone is calm.. Lets keep it civil and on subject. Thanks guys..
Old 03-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Advanced

ive been calm from the start jonesi
Old 03-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Senior Moderator

ive been calm from the start jonesi

Old 03-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Racer

ill have to figure out how to cut the screw
Why not just use a shorter screw?
Old 03-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Advanced

im not good with this stuff lol, thats why i drove there to have it remounted
Old 03-24-2006, 07:41 PM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by miner
Hats of to Ron for wanting to make things right. As a business owner you do not have 100% control over employees and mistakes do happen. The fact that he wants to make it right is a plus in my book. If I was't 1800 miles away he would be doing my audio.
Heck I'm in Texas, and I can see that Ron is a stand-up guy just by his response to hearing about the problem.

I would've contacted him FIRST (via phone, e-mail or PM here) before creating a thread. I don't think that was necessary just to get satisfaction or a resolution. No one's perfect, even though this was pretty bad. Give the guy a chance to repair the problem before airing his dirty laundry. That's courtesy.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:34 AM
Advanced

i did give a chance to fix it, this was the 2nd time I went there to have the amp installed.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,763 Likes on 2,538 Posts
dude you are being rediculous really. i mean they have offered to refund you because of the problem and peronsally fix it. now I understand that you dont want to drive two hours however in this instance I would think it would be your best idea to drive down there and have them fix it man.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:05 PM
2Poor 2Furious

Honestly, we're not defending SE. I'm pretty sure everyone AGREES with YOU that putting a screw through your leather is wrong - regardless who is doing the install. We are not flaming you because we AGREE with YOU that your situation is messed up.

However, most of us think that SE made one hellavu an offer to remount the amp, replace the leather, and refund the install. We respect your decision to go or not go there.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:46 PM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Well said, toast.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:34 PM
I love cars!

What a thread-ending comment by t0ast! Any mods ready to lock this one down?
Old 03-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Cruisin'

I dont live anywhere near New Jersey (Georgia here) and also do all my own custom work, however, if I ever needed anything done I would be willing to use StreetEffects just based on this situation. Yes I have read how a mistake was made, but thats not the point. The point is how willing and wanting to make things right I have seen them be on the board. That shows me what kind of good character they have.

Again Playa, I am truely sorry to hear this happened but SE has not only unconditionally apologized but have been offering EVERYTHING they can to make it right. I, personally, full heartedly applaud them on taking respondsibility and making the appropriate offers to correct the situation.

My hats off to you SE.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Advanced

What is ridiculous is people being unable to accept a negative review about a company with a very good reputation. Obviously the information contained in this thread is important to people based on the amount of views it has received.

Why should the thread be locked? Because you guys are all so high on SE that you cant handle reading something about them that isn't high praise? I am supposed to just be ok with the fact that they mounted the amp wrong the first time, then messed it up a second time when I went back down there and gave them the chance to fix it...I understand Ron is offering to fix it again (as he should as a business owner) but what you guys fail to realize is this is a forum of information. If people are considering using a shop, they should be entitled to all information, positive and negative, about that shop. This thread is being turned around on me because you are viewing me as a tyrant who is trying to trash a company that you all love when in reality I am just posting a negative experience.

Not one time in this thread did I ask for anything, aside from information on how to get the screw out. I did not ask for money, free labor, free equipment, a new car, a million dollars, NOTHING.

Now back to the problem...does anyone have a suggestion on how to cut a screw down?

I dont own a power saw or anything of the sort nor do I know anyone who could do this.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:10 PM
Advanced

and anyone who doesn't believe I am a rational person should read the following thread I posted after the previous visit to SE

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/mounting-300-4-tsx-325647/
Old 03-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Banned

If you don't have something to cut it, you can go to Home Depot, Lowes, or another hardware store - take the screw that's in there with you and get one the same diameter that's shorter.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:50 PM
Advanced

i will have to take a look, thanks
Old 03-25-2006, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by t0ast
Honestly, we're not defending SE. I'm pretty sure everyone AGREES with YOU that putting a screw through your leather is wrong - regardless who is doing the install. We are not flaming you because we AGREE with YOU that your situation is messed up.

However, most of us think that SE made one hellavu an offer to remount the amp, replace the leather, and refund the install. We respect your decision to go or not go there.
wow you could not have said that any better man
Old 03-25-2006, 08:57 PM

What is ridiculous is people being unable to accept a negative review about a company with a very good reputation. Obviously the information contained in this thread is important to people based on the amount of views it has received.

Why should the thread be locked? Because you guys are all so high on SE that you cant handle reading something about them that isn't high praise? I am supposed to just be ok with the fact that they mounted the amp wrong the first time, then messed it up a second time when I went back down there and gave them the chance to fix it...I understand Ron is offering to fix it again (as he should as a business owner) but what you guys fail to realize is this is a forum of information. If people are considering using a shop, they should be entitled to all information, positive and negative, about that shop. This thread is being turned around on me because you are viewing me as a tyrant who is trying to trash a company that you all love when in reality I am just posting a negative experience.

Not one time in this thread did I ask for anything, aside from information on how to get the screw out. I did not ask for money, free labor, free equipment, a new car, a million dollars, NOTHING.

Now back to the problem...does anyone have a suggestion on how to cut a screw down?

I dont own a power saw or anything of the sort nor do I know anyone who could do this.
We can except a negative review that is not the problem man. We understand that you feel that they should not have made the same mistake twice. The thing is though the mistake has been made and its done and over with. Now its about what SE is willing to do about it that matters. He has been more than generous with his offer to correctly mount the equitment and refund you the install and the parts and pay for a new part on the car that was damaged. He will lose no respect and no customers by the actions he has taken to resolve this problem. I am sure if you go back and get it fixed he would probably even do the work himself on your car.

The thing that we find rediculous is how you still say that we dont get it and keep trying to knock on SE over and over and over again after he has already said what he will do to fix it. You have made your own choice not to go back that is good and fine and I am not going to knock you for your choice. However stop knocking on SE now that they have given you a solution that is above and beyond what any other shop especially circuit city would do if this happened. If you believe that circuit city can fix it then take there that is also your choice. However once again stop repeatedly knocking and saying SE is a bad shop after they have offered to make it right.

SE I think you have done great work with everything I have ever seen. The actions that you have stated you will take to resolve this problem put you at the top of my books for when I go to get my custom setup done in my car. You have gone above and beyond your duty man and its shows in your business and the work you do.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

^^ i dont see how playa is "repeatedly knocking and saying SE is a bad shop "..
Old 03-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

damn man that realllly sucks, i would be pretty pissed to but i know from experience that ron is a great guy and he really would help you out as much as possible.

regarding the actual issue, if you just take your car to a local shop and tell them to undo the amp and re-mount it, im sure it wouldnt cost that much. its pretty simple but uv been saying that you wouldnt be able to figure it out so i think that would be your best bet.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by big mike 13
^^ i dont see how playa is "repeatedly knocking and saying SE is a bad shop "..
You don't see it, 'cause it ain't happening. At no point did he say "f these guys". His post was reasonable, he was pissed, three trips and things are worse. SE was reasonable, he offered to show up at the guy's front door. It's the sycophants that always cause the problems...
Old 03-26-2006, 12:02 AM
El Presidente

the answer is 6
Old 03-26-2006, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Spoon
You don't see it, 'cause it ain't happening. At no point did he say "f these guys". His post was reasonable, he was pissed, three trips and things are worse. SE was reasonable, he offered to show up at the guy's front door. It's the sycophants that always cause the problems...
excuse me but if you notice that he keeps saying "you guys cant take it that everything that these guys do is not amazing work".
Old 03-26-2006, 02:42 AM
Advanced

everyone's responses to this thread toward me are what is making it look like I am continuously bad mouthing a business.

I posted an experience plain and simple...Ron offered a possible solution, I am not willing to drive 4 hours again to get this fixed, I gave them the opportunity to fix the problem once, it wasn't resolved...it's easy for everyone to say what they are saying because they arent in the position I am.

all I have been doing is responding to what people are saying to me, I haven't once said for anyone NOT to use this shop, that is your own decision to make...the reason we post on a forum is to help others in making that decision.

maybe you should read the other thread I posted a link to from when the amp was mounted improperly the first time and you will see I am not an irrational person.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:15 AM
East Coast Boost.!

I think you're being perfectly rational.

SE made an honest mistake and shit happens.

I'm sure you could find someone to help you out or a local on the board who has the abilities and tools to help you out with this minor problem. There is no point for anyone to take a long drive to resolve this problem.

It seems SE will have no problem sending you a replacement for the part that was damaged. He even said 150%. So collect your cash, move the amp and replace the part. I'm sure SE will cover you for all expenses if you could provide valid receipts.

Best of luck
Old 03-26-2006, 10:42 AM
I love cars!

Here's my take. Count how many posts where playa re-stated the problem AFTER streeteffectz offered a completely fool-proof and final fix.

Once ron offered a fix, there was no more use for his posts. HIS problem had a solution at that point. You original post stated what the problem was so why keep going over it and over it? Just stop posting at that point, except maybe to say Thanks but no thank ron I'l fix it my self" or "ron I'll PM you to set up a time"
Anything more than that it seems like you're trying to PROVE that his shop CAN make mistakes. We all know that, because we're human.
After a suggested solution there was really no more need to post because you would rither accept it or reject it. Beyond that what's the point? To make sure we all know StreetEffectz isn't perfect? You took care of that in your first post.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by fast-tl
Here's my take. Count how many posts where playa re-stated the problem AFTER streeteffectz offered a completely fool-proof and final fix.

Once ron offered a fix, there was no more use for his posts. HIS problem had a solution at that point. You original post stated what the problem was so why keep going over it and over it? Just stop posting at that point, except maybe to say Thanks but no thank ron I'l fix it my self" or "ron I'll PM you to set up a time"
Anything more than that it seems like you're trying to PROVE that his shop CAN make mistakes. We all know that, because we're human.
After a suggested solution there was really no more need to post because you would rither accept it or reject it. Beyond that what's the point? To make sure we all know StreetEffectz isn't perfect? You took care of that in your first post.
If you guys dont agree with what I am doing here, you've already made your point and all your doing is making me defend myself over and over again. I've said 100 times all I am doing is posting this for people's information. If anyone still wants to use streeteffectz go right ahead, I am not saying not to. I am just sharing my experience. Not asking for anything in return.

Last edited by Playa178; 03-26-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:01 AM
I love cars!

That's the beautiful point of MY post. You can STOP posting now. We can't sit in front of your keyobard and MAKE you do anything, even defend yourself. I don't even know where you are RIGHT NOW.

I just suggest that you, too, have made your point in that the shop messed up. The owner made HIS point in offering a real fix. There's nothing more to be said other than "Thanks" or "No thanks"
This thread is ready to die a peacful death.
P.S. *This* post requires no response. It is for informational purposes only.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Advanced

Ok just to be completely clear, I understand Streeteffectz is a reputable company who stands behind what they do. I, too, have read about all of their work and seen pictures of things they have done (that is why I was willing to make the drive in the first place).

I am not insisting that Ron isn't offering to make good on this, I understand that he is, I am just not willing to go there again. That is MY decision, not anyone else's, I am not asking for anything aside from possible assistance on fixing it myself.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Banned

OK I checked my schedule and I can come out to you next Monday, April 3rd if you need help with those screws and are willing to wait one more week.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the offer Ron, I think I found someone with a 7mm hex screwdriver and a dremel.

I'll let you know if I need you.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
excuse me but if you notice that he keeps saying "you guys cant take it that everything that these guys do is not amazing work".
You are excused. Not only is that not a direct quote, it's not even an accurate summation of his position.

Quick Reply: Anyone considering Streeteffectz read this