TL: Alternator & Dimming Light Introduce Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 07:27 AM

Received 1,017 Likes on 867 Posts
Alternator & Dimming Light Introduce Noise

OK YEAH I HAVE USED THE SEARCH BUTTON AND GOOGLE ALOT But found no Usable Answer.

This is my Problem... Im getting this Alternator Whine coming (Check This Out) Only from the FRONT SPEAKERS! L & R.

!! My System is on my Signature !!

This is getting rather insane, If I hook up the Front RCAs to the Back Inputs of my Amp it will get Noise but Rear RCAs are Clean (Odd Since they are Cheap RCAs not the Expensive Ones on the Fronts).

This is what I have Tried:
1.- Checking HU Grounds (Grounding to Bare Metal Near the Dash) - No Difference
2.- Grounding RCAs (Loop?) @ HU Seems just to Get MORE Noise - Worse Difference
3.- Checking AMP Grounds - No Difference
4.- Testing AMP with External iPod Conector to RCAs Directly gets no Sounds so this is coming from Upstream - No Sound coming from AMP Pinpoint RCAs coming from HU
5.- Adjusting GAIN Settings on AMP - This is Adjusted to JL Audio Specs 15.5V Output for both F&R But Since Rear Speakers are Fine I dont think this is the Problem..

FYI: Yes Power Cables for AMPs runs on Driver Side and RCAs Runs from Passenger side of the Car.

Since the Speaker AMP has a Passtrough under the Rear RCAs Inputs my Sub has no Alternator Noise, But if I plug in the Front RCAs to the Rear Inputs my Sub WILL get Noise.

The Dimming Roof lights seems to introduce NOISE ONLY to the Front Speakers as well, Like if I Open a Door with the Key On (Stereo ON) and Close it JUST when I close the door the front speakers start to Hiss like if they were Making the noise of the Voltage lowering with the Dimming... Pretty Sick.

What the Hell is Going On????
I Will Try to Throw in another set of Front RCAs but the ones installed are Premium Monster Cable so this is BS if the Noise get away.

Last edited by Skirmich; 07-30-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:02 PM

Received 1,017 Likes on 867 Posts
OMG I cant believe my Last Shot resourse actually worked....

PAC SNI-1 FTMFW!!! All Noises Including the Dimming Light One are now Gone!.... And it Only Cost me 10 Bucks....

I Didnt Believe that those Filters really work But Im now a Believer! Not only that, It wont Muffle any Sound at All! I Even Believe it sounds much Cleaner! a god damn 10 bucks magic wonder....

Well Thanks and L8ters!

Last edited by Skirmich; 07-30-2011 at 02:05 PM.