aftermarket indash receiver

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004 | 09:17 AM
Advanced

aftermarket indash receiver

Does anyone know where I can take my 02 cl s type to have the stock radio removed and my aftermarket put it? The sound quality sucks with zero bass. I went to best buy and they said they could install my two amps....two 12 subs...4 speakers but NOT the after market stereo. I just upgraded from my 00 galant and I had a booming systerm!
But with the cl, the car is nicer of course but I need my bass back
HELP!!
Old 10-02-2004 | 09:38 AM
Above n Beyond

anywhere BUT bestbuy and circuit city.

their has to be an audio shop by you, or look in your phone book for the nearest place. get ready for some high labor costs though.
Old 10-02-2004 | 10:20 AM
CL for Sale

Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S
anywhere BUT bestbuy and circuit city.

their has to be an audio shop by you, or look in your phone book for the nearest place. get ready for some high labor costs though.
Old 10-02-2004 | 08:29 PM
East Coast Boost.!

Don't forget the lube, it'll make the pain a bit less
Old 10-02-2004 | 08:35 PM
Drifting

titand check ur pm. lol
Old 10-03-2004 | 09:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by marcy69
Does anyone know where I can take my 02 cl s type to have the stock radio removed and my aftermarket put it? The sound quality sucks with zero bass. I went to best buy and they said they could install my two amps....two 12 subs...4 speakers but NOT the after market stereo. I just upgraded from my 00 galant and I had a booming systerm!
But with the cl, the car is nicer of course but I need my bass back
HELP!!
if you want, drive to VA and i'll help you install the sound system. just buy all the equipment, power wires (4gauge of 14 ft and 7 ft of 8 gauge) and ground wires, power block to split the 4 gauge to the 2 8 gauges for your 2 amps, head unit mounting (by metra), stereo wire adapter to connect to the stearo connector from the car, depending on what type of speakers you put in, you may need some spacers too. if you want to be able to control the HU via the steering wheel, youll need to get the kit. rca cables at least 24 feet togive some room for play. i did my sound system but not as clean an install like street effectz...just plain install of the amps in the trunk but functional. it'll take like a more than 8 hrs to do everything though. the hard part, for me was taking the speaker wires from the bose amp and transfering them to the aftermarket speaker leads. i suck at soldering. but i do have the wiring diagram which makes everything simpler.

if you want just to add base, it'll take an hour to two to do. no need to remove the HU.
Old 10-04-2004 | 08:19 AM
Advanced

cool I may have to do that
you have any pictures of yours?
Old 10-04-2004 | 09:38 PM
Burning Brakes

cool I may have to do that
you have any pictures of yours?
i will try and post some pictures in a couple of days. again, not sure if you've seen what streets does. mine is in no way comparable to that. basically just mounted my amps on both sides of the trunk and my box sitting in the rear of the trunk. head unit is alpine and a single disc but i hardly play discs cuz i use my ipod instead. to mount the hu, i used the metra kit which i ordered online. color of the kit is pretty close to the plastic of the cl. costs $15. i also got the kit so i can use the remote on the steering wheel. don't remember the brand but works fine with the infrared of the alpine. my front speakers are boston pros and i had to use platstic spacers (3/4 inch). rear speakers are alpines (6x9). amps are jl audio (300/4 and 250/1). sub is jl also, 1 12 inch w3 i think it is. you plan to use single or double din for the hu?

i wouldn't mind helping you with the install. but you got to help me though...like running the wires and shit like that. it will save some time. again, what may take a while is soldering the speaker wires off from the bose amp to the after market amp...but it can be done.

also, if you do intend on us doing it, let me know in advance so i can schedule it cuz i am pretty busy on weekends too on my sideline job. but i would be more than glad to assist...as long as you have all the wires, kits, rcas etc.
Old 10-05-2004 | 09:57 PM
Advanced

ok...I have all that...All I need now is to find out where I can get the Metra Kit you were talking about.....oh...and what's up with the pics?
Old 10-06-2004 | 02:47 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by icy CL
if you want, drive to VA and i'll help you install the sound system. just buy all the equipment, power wires (4gauge of 14 ft and 7 ft of 8 gauge) and ground wires, power block to split the 4 gauge to the 2 8 gauges for your 2 amps, head unit mounting (by metra), stereo wire adapter to connect to the stearo connector from the car, depending on what type of speakers you put in, you may need some spacers too. if you want to be able to control the HU via the steering wheel, youll need to get the kit. rca cables at least 24 feet togive some room for play. i did my sound system but not as clean an install like street effectz...just plain install of the amps in the trunk but functional. it'll take like a more than 8 hrs to do everything though. the hard part, for me was taking the speaker wires from the bose amp and transfering them to the aftermarket speaker leads. i suck at soldering. but i do have the wiring diagram which makes everything simpler.

if you want just to add base, it'll take an hour to two to do. no need to remove the HU.
can you show me how to hook up the speaker wires ?
I am going to take the stock stereo out and put in my after market system :
1 CD player, 1 EQ, 2 amps

please tell me how to connect the speaker wires without open the doors panel and run wires tru the door

thanks in advance
Old 10-06-2004 | 09:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by convitcon
can you show me how to hook up the speaker wires ?
I am going to take the stock stereo out and put in my after market system :
1 CD player, 1 EQ, 2 amps

please tell me how to connect the speaker wires without open the doors panel and run wires tru the door

thanks in advance
the easiest way is to get the speaker leads from the bose amp in the trunk. this way you don't need to run new wires through the doors. even though the stock speaker wires are skinny, if you are not putting a competition system, they will suffice. all the wires are all color coded. i think there is a diagram here on this site.

ok...I have all that...All I need now is to find out where I can get the Metra Kit you were talking about.....oh...and what's up with the pics?
Tweeters should have the hu kit. The part number can be found on this site. I can do a search a little later. I ordered mine online. I will try and look through my emails and see what store i ordered it from. Pictures will have to wait a little bit. I will try and post them tonight or tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2004 | 09:46 AM
Burning Brakes

here's the hu kit from crutchfield....you may want to call to make sure it's by metra.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1sRDpPx...&avf=N&search=

here's the steering wheel remote kit if you plan on keeping the steering wheel controls.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1sRDpPx...&avf=N&search=
Old 10-06-2004 | 01:17 PM
Advanced

I went to crutchfield and did a search to find what fits my car and they said nothing fits!!!I'm going to swing past Tweeter after work and see what they tell me
Old 10-06-2004 | 01:43 PM
Burning Brakes

I went to crutchfield and did a search to find what fits my car and they said nothing fits!!!I'm going to swing past Tweeter after work and see what they tell me
you have an 02 cls non navi, right? the first link above will fit what we have. but stop by tweeter too. they should have it. when i get home tonight i will check my email and look for the site where i purchased mine from.
Old 10-06-2004 | 09:24 PM
Advanced

To ICY CL ::: Thanks bro !
Old 10-06-2004 | 09:46 PM
Burning Brakes

i couldn't find the email anymore. i cleaned out my mailbox and deleted it a while back. were you able to order/find the part/kit online or from tweets/crutchfield?
Old 10-06-2004 | 09:48 PM
Burning Brakes

No problem. had to do it myself....that's how i learned how to do it. one note though. if you're gonna change the hu, you might want to consider getting new speakers too. the weak point of the stock system, in my opinion, are the speakers. plus the ohm ratings of an aftermarket hu with the stock speakers just don't mix very well.
Old 10-07-2004 | 10:43 AM
Advanced

hey what's up
I went past tweeters and they said they could order it for me.
So most likely we'll have to meet up next weekend.
is that cool?
Old 10-07-2004 | 02:26 PM
Burning Brakes

hey what's up
I went past tweeters and they said they could order it for me.
So most likely we'll have to meet up next weekend.
is that cool?
yup. hopefully my weekend, even one day will be free but to far to tell for now.
Old 10-07-2004 | 11:51 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by icy CL
No problem. had to do it myself....that's how i learned how to do it. one note though. if you're gonna change the hu, you might want to consider getting new speakers too. the weak point of the stock system, in my opinion, are the speakers. plus the ohm ratings of an aftermarket hu with the stock speakers just don't mix very well.

thanks man,

I have a pair of 6x9 kapa in the rear.
Now I am looking for a componen set in front ...

do you have any idea what I should get ? (good deal = cheap )

also, will it fit 2 DIN size put together replace for the stock one ?

(1 CD , 1 kenwood EQ)

thanks in advance
Old 10-08-2004 | 04:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

thanks man,

(1 CD , 1 kenwood EQ)

thanks in advance
infinity kappa perfect 5.1
those speakers are awesome
Old 10-08-2004 | 10:54 PM
Burning Brakes

thanks man,

(1 CD , 1 kenwood EQ)

thanks in advance
i found the mb quartz extremely bright in sound. the highs were just to harsh. the kappas were a little bright but could be adjusted via the crossover. i got the boston pros because i felt the brightness was just right to my ears. it all depends on what your ears like. i got my boston pros for 345. if that's a little to much, i would listen to the alpine components. i used to have them on my older car and i thought they sounded good. again, it all depends on what your ears like.