TSX: 6 Channel amp installed, now my sub doesnt work

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 Channel amp installed, now my sub doesnt work

Hey everyone,
After almost a year of accumulating various audio upgrades, and about 6 months of slowly installing them piece by piece, I finally got around to almost completely finishing my sound system in my 2008 TSX w/ Navi.

I ran all new speaker wire from all of the speakers, completely got rid of the horrid stock speaker wire. Installed all new RCAs which connect to the amp from the AOEM-HON20 attachment that hooks up to the Navi. The sub is connected the same way it has always been, by using a LOC from the 6x9s.
Also had a full day to Dynamat my complete wheel well, trunk and side doors.

My setup is as follows:
-AOEM-HON20 (for RCAs)
-USA Spec ipod integration
-Front speakers: Alpine S components
-Rear speakers: Alpine S standard speakers
-Rear deck: Alpine S 6x9 speakers
-Sub: JL 12w6
-Amps: MB Quart Nautic NAU600 6 channel amp & JL 250/1 mono amp.

Both amps are connected to a CAP which is connected to the battery, both amps power on and work without a problem.

The only items that are running on the stock amp at the moment are the front tweeters.

The 6 channel amp powers the front doors, front rears, and 6x9 in full range. The 250/1 mono amp powers the JL 12W6.

The sub worked without a problem before installing the 6 channel amp, but now for some reason it doesn't do anything. The sub is connected to the LOC from the 6x9s. The 250/1 amp turns on and everything as well so no problems there.

Anyone see where something could of gone wrong? Could it be because the 6x9s and now producing full range audio instead of the factory amp low frequency, that the sub doesn't work any more?

I will say that just the 6 speakers and tweeters sound AMAZING compared to the stock amp, but what is a system without a sub?

Any input is appreciated, this audio upgrade has been WIP for almost 6 months due to my limited availability, so I am extremely eager to finally complete this
Old 04-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
The sub needs the rear 6x9s to get a signal; the 6x9 signal comes from the factory amp. The factory amp makes the 6x9 signal from the rear outputs of the HU.
You must have cut the power or the rear channel inputs to the factory amp.
Jeff
Old 04-30-2013, 06:21 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to use a very similar set up in my car (05 tsx Navi). You said "The sub is connected the same way it has always been, by using a LOC from the 6x9s." So you had the sub running before you decided to add the AOEM-HON20 (for RCAs)? So was the LOC connected to the factory wire and amp? If so, when you ran new wire, did you change the LOC to the new wire? If you didn't, then the factory wire isnt getting any signal at all because you connected the AOEM-HON20 (for RCAs). Mercman said "the 6x9 signal comes from the factory amp. The factory amp makes the 6x9 signal from the rear outputs of the HU." If that is the case im guessing you have to figure out which wire to tap in to and feed it to the factory amp and then get the signal from there. Im just guessing here. I hope you figure this out. Please post any more info. I want to make sure everything is sorted out before I go ahead and do this myself.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
looking for something similar letus know how it goes