RDX: 2019 rdx infotainment problems - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

RDX: 2019 rdx infotainment problems

Old 11-28-2018, 02:06 PM

2019 rdx infotainment problems

Just leased new 2019 rdx tech package...drove a few days then infotainment screen started turning on and off ...screen would go blank then turn on again ...repeatedly...did not matter whether inputing from i phone or not....brought to dealer...car there two weeks now...will be almost three this weekend...being told infotainment system being replaced...sounds like hardware ...not physical screen issue. Read many others having issue so wanted to post as well.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

Buckle up.
i think itís software.
Had lots of issues. Mine is headed to dealer Monday.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:01 PM

i have been working with the dealer and with acura customer service, i have found both very responsive at this point and willing to resolve the issue, no matter what happens...at least acura has advised me of same..... The latest with my rdx is that a new screen has been placed in the vehicle, after one from another in stock car was installed, and according to the dealer, the issue stopped and the car functioned properly. Now a new screen from the factory is being installed in the car tomorrow and it will be tested through the weekend to see if the problem re-occurs. I will update this post again to advise what occurs from this point. I will say my car has been in the shop thirty days as of this weekend.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:05 PM

i also wanted to post that I have put acura on notice of a potential lemon law claim per Maryland law requirements, although I would not expect based on my conversations with acura...that I will need to pursue such a claim to conclusion....however, in my line of work...skepticism is the best policy. I have also notified Maryland Consumer affairs of the issues, and the particulars of my vehicle...again to protect notice requirements at this point and to establish a record if in fact I continue to have continuing problems....which I honestly pray will not be the case.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

I posted on another thread.
December 12 an over wire update is coming.
Lets hope it fixes things. Problems seem to be software.