AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/)
-   -   RDX: 2019 rdx infotainment problems (https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/2019-rdx-infotainment-problems-975214/)

decofred 11-28-2018 01:06 PM

2019 rdx infotainment problems

]Just leased new 2019 rdx tech package...drove a few days then infotainment screen started turning on and off ...screen would go blank then turn on again ...repeatedly...did not matter whether inputing from i phone or not....brought to dealer...car there two weeks now...will be almost three this weekend...being told infotainment system being replaced...sounds like hardware ...not physical screen issue. Read many others having issue so wanted to post as well.

Bartrdx 11-30-2018 06:12 PM

Buckle up.
i think it’s software.
Had lots of issues. Mine is headed to dealer Monday.

decofred 12-06-2018 05:01 PM

i have been working with the dealer and with acura customer service, i have found both very responsive at this point and willing to resolve the issue, no matter what happens...at least acura has advised me of same..... The latest with my rdx is that a new screen has been placed in the vehicle, after one from another in stock car was installed, and according to the dealer, the issue stopped and the car functioned properly. Now a new screen from the factory is being installed in the car tomorrow and it will be tested through the weekend to see if the problem re-occurs. I will update this post again to advise what occurs from this point. I will say my car has been in the shop thirty days as of this weekend.

decofred 12-06-2018 05:05 PM

i also wanted to post that I have put acura on notice of a potential lemon law claim per Maryland law requirements, although I would not expect based on my conversations with acura...that I will need to pursue such a claim to conclusion....however, in my line of work...skepticism is the best policy. I have also notified Maryland Consumer affairs of the issues, and the particulars of my vehicle...again to protect notice requirements at this point and to establish a record if in fact I continue to have continuing problems....which I honestly pray will not be the case.

Bartrdx 12-06-2018 08:38 PM

I posted on another thread.
December 12 an over wire update is coming.
Lets hope it fixes things. Problems seem to be software.

nick04tl 12-16-2018 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bartrdx (Post 16345453)
I posted on another thread.
December 12 an over wire update is coming.
Lets hope it fixes things. Problems seem to be software.

I looked it over. It fixes a ton of problems. It takes about a half hour to complete the update depending on your Internet connection.

Steven Weitz 07-20-2019 09:01 AM

Rdx 2019 infotainment

Originally Posted by decofred (Post 16340060)
]Just leased new 2019 rdx tech package...drove a few days then infotainment screen started turning on and off ...screen would go blank then turn on again ...repeatedly...did not matter whether inputing from i phone or not....brought to dealer...car there two weeks now...will be almost three this weekend...being told infotainment system being replaced...sounds like hardware ...not physical screen issue. Read many others having issue so wanted to post as well.

My 2019 Acura rdx nfotainment system prblm

Less than a month old . Navigation and infotainment periodically have errors . Nav location off by half mile or more spinning to try and locate .radio stops .

Second trip to dealer. They claim updated software last time .. have read some have adjusted infotainment cables route behind dash ..thinking under movement these cables are too tight and signals are effected in motion but settle once off and cold ...

Steven Weitz 07-20-2019 09:28 AM

Rdx 2019 infotainment

2nd trip to northeast Acura
They couldn't address anything wasted my Saturday morning. They offered no idea to try to fix and should never have booked the appt if they cant address the issue
Told em what I've read here and they said dont believe everything you read .
Last Acura I'll ever buy

Bartrdx 07-20-2019 04:47 PM

Class action lawsuit

I am part of a lawsuit filed against Acura. This thing has dragged on too long.
Nit sure what the lawsuit will bring, but I hope Acura will fix some of these issues.
I went into my dealer a few weeks ago and the sales manager had the balls to tell me the first round of buyers were guinea pigs. He said he gave one customer their money back.
Good luck to everyone.
Jb