06 TSX - Dom's Navi Box - Problems!! Dom Answer if you can

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 02:47 PM
who dat lil kid?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 06 TSX - Dom's Navi Box - Problems!! Dom Answer if you can

Okay guys. I finally got a day off from work so I finally got some time to install the box. Just to let everyone know, I got the plug and play harness also. So I was hoping for an easy install!! Anyway. My colors on my screen is off. Its not receiving all of the colors. Also, the switch to switch from navi to video source does not work!! I have the power tapped into the navi box which is the ACC wire. Thats fine. Grounded it to the fuel pump underneath the mat. That same ground wire, I grounded the power ground and hand brake ground. Turn on the car, enter my key for the navi. Colors are pinkish more than anything. So I know for a fact that its not receiving all the colors. Just to make sure, I switch to the factory wires, colors are perfect!

Anyway, I end up with a bad PnP harness and navi box!!

Dom, I tried to call today but you was off to repair something else from what the guy told me over the phone. But Dom, I noticed on my harness that one of the heatshrink is cut half way. I saw some wires but it looked okay anyway. But for the box, I have no clue whats going on. It has power, but the switch will not activate or anything. It will not switch the navi screen to the video source...

Any other members have a clue on whats going on? I also noticed Dom's PnP harness has more wires than the factory plug itself!! Err...

Dom, I was told that I would get an exchange or my money back...but I'm not bitching, but I'm not a happy customer either....

Any advice....errr
Old 03-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know there's two buttons on there if you press them both at the same time it resets to defualt setting for the colors.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:53 PM
10th Gear

Cool

Hi buste2
Hope all is well. I can ship you another complete unit and issue a UPS call tag for the unit you have. All our equipment is warranted for 1 year. The defect rate is 1 in every 500 units. As you can see I have sold 100's of these units and NO one has EVER had anything bad to say about the unit or my service. Please call me or Kim at 718-763-7367 and we will have another unit shipped and get that unit back. I don't want you to be my FIRST unhappy customer.
Thanks Dominic of www.TVandNav2Go.com

Originally Posted by buste2
Okay guys. I finally got a day off from work so I finally got some time to install the box. Just to let everyone know, I got the plug and play harness also. So I was hoping for an easy install!! Anyway. My colors on my screen is off. Its not receiving all of the colors. Also, the switch to switch from navi to video source does not work!! I have the power tapped into the navi box which is the ACC wire. Thats fine. Grounded it to the fuel pump underneath the mat. That same ground wire, I grounded the power ground and hand brake ground. Turn on the car, enter my key for the navi. Colors are pinkish more than anything. So I know for a fact that its not receiving all the colors. Just to make sure, I switch to the factory wires, colors are perfect!

Anyway, I end up with a bad PnP harness and navi box!!

Dom, I tried to call today but you was off to repair something else from what the guy told me over the phone. But Dom, I noticed on my harness that one of the heatshrink is cut half way. I saw some wires but it looked okay anyway. But for the box, I have no clue whats going on. It has power, but the switch will not activate or anything. It will not switch the navi screen to the video source...

Any other members have a clue on whats going on? I also noticed Dom's PnP harness has more wires than the factory plug itself!! Err...

Dom, I was told that I would get an exchange or my money back...but I'm not bitching, but I'm not a happy customer either....

Any advice....errr
Old 03-20-2006, 04:33 PM
who dat lil kid?

Originally Posted by domofnavwithtv
Hi buste2
Hope all is well. I can ship you another complete unit and issue a UPS call tag for the unit you have. All our equipment is warranted for 1 year. The defect rate is 1 in every 500 units. As you can see I have sold 100's of these units and NO one has EVER had anything bad to say about the unit or my service. Please call me or Kim at 718-763-7367 and we will have another unit shipped and get that unit back. I don't want you to be my FIRST unhappy customer.
Thanks Dominic of www.TVandNav2Go.com
Dom,

Its 4pm central here, so your office is closed by now...

I'll try to give you guys a call tomorrow...

Thanks for the quick reply.

Also I've already tried the reset button on the unit. Thanks though. Anymore advice? Thanks everyone.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Also I've already tried the reset button on the unit. Thanks though. Anymore advice? Thanks everyone.
Call Dom tomorrow.. Best advice I can give..!!
Old 03-20-2006, 05:26 PM
who dat lil kid?

Originally Posted by Jonesi
Call Dom tomorrow.. Best advice I can give..!!

Hey Jonesi, did you install yours yet? Just want to make sure I have everything hooked up right. Power to ACC of navi, power ground, hand brake ground, and harness ground to the ground of the car...should I have even touch the green/white hand brake wires at all? Not doing the back up camera - blue/white...left them alone...anything else you think I miss? Err...
Old 03-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Hey Jonesi, did you install yours yet? Just want to make sure I have everything hooked up right. Power to ACC of navi, power ground, hand brake ground, and harness ground to the ground of the car...should I have even touch the green/white hand brake wires at all? Not doing the back up camera - blue/white...left them alone...anything else you think I miss? Err...
No, I haven't installed mine yet.. But I believe the hand brake is just supposed to be grounded(if you want to use it will driving)(Disclaimer: Do so at your own risk )

The color adjustments needed on yours sounds like a factory defect. It does happen but not often at all as Dom stated.. I would call him and have it sent back. I wouldn't mess with it unless Dom gives you some troubleshooting ideas..

They'll take care of you, just a matter of a little extra time..
Old 03-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Banned

pictures >

Last edited by huckleberry; 03-20-2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Banned

Dear Lord ! just how many "grounds" you did ???

What "hand brake ground" ?

I haven't done it yet, but aren't there just 2 grounds ???

One for power:

one for the D-Sub 9 cable:

Last edited by huckleberry; 03-20-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:31 PM
who dat lil kid?

umm...it wasn't that many...it was only 3...

1. power ground
2. harness ground
3. hand brake ground...i only did it to double check if the unit requred it, but i guess not

I just grounded 2, but did the hand brake to troubleshoot, but its still not working...

the box gets power...so with my luck...i got a bad harness and a bad box...errr
Old 03-20-2006, 08:35 PM
who dat lil kid?

Originally Posted by Jonesi
No, I haven't installed mine yet.. But I believe the hand brake is just supposed to be grounded(if you want to use it will driving)(Disclaimer: Do so at your own risk )

The color adjustments needed on yours sounds like a factory defect. It does happen but not often at all as Dom stated.. I would call him and have it sent back. I wouldn't mess with it unless Dom gives you some troubleshooting ideas..

They'll take care of you, just a matter of a little extra time..

thats for what i figured about the hand brake ground..figure it was to prevent people to watch video while driving...but i grounded it anyway and still no luck. also the color adjustments are fine. when i reconnect the factory plug into the navi, colors are fine. when i plug in the PnP harness, its more redish pinkish than anything. its like its not getting blue or green or even both.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:38 PM
10th Gear

Cool

Hi buste2.
Hope all is well. Yes as you said you need to ground the green wire. (Disclaimer: Do so at your own risk for video in motion). Is sounds like the mod may be bad. Like I said the defect rate is 1 in every 500, but this is no problem we will pick up the unit you have and send you another 1. We back everthing we sell parts and labor for 1 YEAR. Call Kim or myself in the morning and we will arange it. 718-763-7367
Thanks Dominic

thats for what i figured about the hand brake ground..figure it was to prevent people to watch video while driving...but i grounded it anyway and still no luck. also the color adjustments are fine. when i reconnect the factory plug into the navi, colors are fine. when i plug in the PnP harness, its more redish pinkish than anything. its like its not getting blue or green or even both.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:40 PM
10th Gear

Hi huckleberry
Some units had parking brake feature some didn't.
Thanks Dominic

Originally Posted by huckleberry
Dear Lord ! just how many "grounds" you did ???

What "hand brake ground" ?

I haven't done it yet, but aren't there just 2 grounds ???

One for power:

one for the D-Sub 9 cable:

Old 03-20-2006, 10:14 PM
who dat lil kid?

Hi buste2.
Hope all is well. Yes as you said you need to ground the green wire. (Disclaimer: Do so at your own risk for video in motion). Is sounds like the mod may be bad. Like I said the defect rate is 1 in every 500, but this is no problem we will pick up the unit you have and send you another 1. We back everthing we sell parts and labor for 1 YEAR. Call Kim or myself in the morning and we will arange it. 718-763-7367
Thanks Dominic
So ground the following:

power ground
harness ground
hand brake ground - green and white together (for demo purposes...)

I don't want to mess anything up so, could you tell me what to do about the hand brake green wire and white wire...

Also Dom, you can't ship me a new unit first along with a UPS label to ship back when I get the package? The unit is about a week old...I got it with last groupbuy that ended today. Or will I have to send back the unit along with the PnP harnes and wait a week or so to get another unit...

Last edited by buste2; 03-20-2006 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Banned

Hi huckleberry
Thanks Dominic
so someone please tell me, will my passenger be able to watch DVD while car in motion ???
Old 03-20-2006, 10:38 PM
who dat lil kid?

so someone please tell me, will my passenger be able to watch DVD while car in motion ???

if you don't have the hand brake wire, you are good to go...
Old 03-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Banned

Dom, Can You Explain This ?

Hi huckleberry
Thanks Dominic
Dom
this reminds me....something I've been
Correct me if I'm mistaken - but Dom why is it you don't always ship IDENTICAL units ?

For example, look at this one:
(Disregard the white connector)

Look at the 12V spot, it's an actual jack, comes with a cable that plug in
- Nice & clean, no wires coming out of a "gaping hole".....

....like this:

Can you pls explain this ?
thanks

Last edited by huckleberry; 03-21-2006 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Huckleberry.. Just install the thing already. Stop confusing yourself more and more..
Old 03-21-2006, 11:57 AM
10th Gear

Hi huckleberry
We make different units because certain people like them a certain way. Some people want the power jack some don't, because they are afraid it will fall out. Some want parking brake option some don't. Everyone has there own taste. The picture quality is ALL the same.
Thanks Dominic www.TVandNav2go.com

Dom
this reminds me....something I've been
Correct me if I'm mistaken - but Dom why is it you don't always ship IDENTICAL units ?

For example, look at this one:
(Disregard the white connector)

Look at the 12V spot, it's an actual jack, comes with a cable that plug in
- Nice & clean, no wires coming out of a "gaping hole".....

....like this:

Can you pls explain this ?
thanks
Old 03-22-2006, 06:43 PM
10th Gear

Hi huckleberry]
Yes they will.
Thanks Dominic www.TVandNav2Go.com
Old 03-22-2006, 06:45 PM
10th Gear

Hi buste2
Your new unit will ship Friday. I am waiting for more DB9 cables.
Thanks Dominic www.TVandNav2Go.com

So ground the following:

power ground
harness ground
hand brake ground - green and white together (for demo purposes...)

I don't want to mess anything up so, could you tell me what to do about the hand brake green wire and white wire...

Also Dom, you can't ship me a new unit first along with a UPS label to ship back when I get the package? The unit is about a week old...I got it with last groupbuy that ended today. Or will I have to send back the unit along with the PnP harnes and wait a week or so to get another unit...
Old 03-22-2006, 07:15 PM
who dat lil kid?

Hey Dom. Sent you a PM. If you didn't read it yet, could you please send me the box without the hand brake wires? Less wires and less hassle. Thanks for the support. Everyone, their service/exchange is great. Thanks again Dom.