[TSX] Getting at radio antenna plug from factor HU

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[TSX] Getting at radio antenna plug from factor HU

I am in the process of installing the TSX stereo kit to mount an aftermarked HU in the storage slot in the center console. For those who have done this, how did you get to the radio antenna plug that is plugged into the stock non-navi head unit? Was it necessary to remove the head unit to unplug it? Was the plug long enough to reach down to your aftermarket HU, or did you need an extender/patch plug?
I have the center console opened up to install the kit, but when I reach up behind the AC controls and stock HU there isn't much space back there and I am not able to find the radio antenna plug.

Thanks.
Old 09-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't see it either, but it wasn't necessary for me as I'm using the stock HU on the aftermarket AUX... In the Helm's drawing, it looks like it's to the right side either behind the HU or around the upper glove box area close to the HU. It's not a clear diagram, just a sketch and I'm almost positive you can't see it from the ceneter console cavity. If you do find it, it would be good info to have, take a pic if you can...
Old 09-18-2005, 06:57 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been able to take it out without completely removing the HU.

It might be pretty hard to do it this way. There is a metal tab that I had to bend back in order to have enough room in order to get the plug out. You'll probably have to get a extension. I don't think the cord is going to be long enough to plug it directly into your aftermarket HU.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Intermediate

Great, thanks for the info! Can you give me an approximate area/location where the metal tab is located and where you found the antenna plug? Would it be possible to plug in an extender without having to remove the stock HU?
Old 09-19-2005, 12:01 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bumpin
Great, thanks for the info! Can you give me an approximate area/location where the metal tab is located and where you found the antenna plug? Would it be possible to plug in an extender without having to remove the stock HU?
Yep it was possible to plug it into the extender. I plugged it into the extender cord for my Pioneer N1.

The plug is on the far right lower corner. This is when you're sitting in the driver seat looking at the HU. I would get a mirror and use that to help look up in that area. You should be able to feel it though. It's a solid black cable. It is pretty deeply pushed into the factory HU, so it does take a little effort to slide it out for the first time. Good luck.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Intermediate

Awesome, thanks! Will give it a shot. I will take a scratched-up hand over having to remove the stock HU.