[TSX] Custom Drive+Play 2 Setup Installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 02:25 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[TSX] Custom Drive+Play 2 Setup Installed

Some of you may remember my thread from about a year and a half ago where i installed a Harman/Kardon Drive+Play into the CD cubby pocket of my TSX
https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/%5Btsx%5D-project-drive-play-322341/#post4517850

Anyway, the Drive+Play 2 just came out, and I got it today, and swapped out my DP1 for the new DP2

check it out...

Plusses:
  • Wireless Control Knob
  • Higher res color screen: shows more text, and album artwork
  • FAST operation
  • Variable iPod input gain, and lineout gain, so it'll match the rest of the stock headunit's volume levels
  • Auto adjusting screen depending on day or night
  • Fixes a lot of bugs and quirks in the DP1. *(See below)
  • Sirius and Bluetooth speakerphone addons are coming
  • Tiny central hub takes up less space

Minuses:
  • No more AUX input and the Sirius adapter isn't available yet
  • Long song titles don't scroll like it would on an iPod
  • Cost! $400 without either the bluetooth or sirius adapter...
Old 06-20-2007, 02:38 AM
Racer

Whoops, forgot to add this part

Bug Fixes
My biggest gripe with the DP1 was a bug, or poor design choice, with how the device functions when you turn it off and then back on. With the DP1, lets say you hopped in your car and loaded up Album Y and by Artist X. So you're rockin' out to Album Y, and you get to your destination and turn the car off. When you get back in and turn your car back on, you'll be listening to the same track you were listening to before, but when you hit the Menu (back) button, instead of going back to the listing of tracks in Album Y, you'll be taken back to the main menu, and when you click on Artists, you're back to A.

This might not seem like a huge deal, but what if you wanted to listen to Album Z by Artist X instead of continuting where you left off with Album Y? On an iPod, you'd just hit Menu (back) and scroll to the other album and hit select and change albums easy. And you can do this on the DP1 during any driving session. But as soon as you turn the car off, and back on, while it may remember what album you were listening to and what track you're on, if you hit the Menu button, you're going back to the main menu, instead of either the Track selection of Album Y, or the Album listing for Artist X.

Well gladly the DP2 fixes that. I was listening to a song, turned the car off, turned it back on, and as usual it continued where I left off. But as soon as I turned the control knob, it popped back to the Track listing, and when I hit Menu, it went back to the Album listing for that Artist. Woo!!!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 03:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Very nice! Great work!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vasu
This might not seem like a huge deal, but what if you wanted to listen to Album Z by Artist X instead of continuting where you left off with Album Y? On an iPod, you'd just hit Menu (back) and scroll to the other album and hit select and change albums easy. And you can do this on the DP1 during any driving session. But as soon as you turn the car off, and back on, while it may remember what album you were listening to and what track you're on, if you hit the Menu button, you're going back to the main menu, instead of either the Track selection of Album Y, or the Album listing for Artist X.
The Pioneer AVIC D3 has this same 'bug', and I hate it! It marrs an otherwise stellar interface, just like you're saying. I can only hope there is a soft update for it in the future, cause I don't intend on replacing it with the next model.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:57 PM

nicee - where'd you put the control?
Old 06-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Racer

haven't decided yet. i might put it where i put the old (wired) one, which was on that flat bit of plastic on the front base of the armrest (where the armrest and cupholder-ish area meet)

there's also a good bit of space at the bottom right of the shift gate that might be nice
Old 06-26-2007, 01:54 AM
B A N N E D

looks good