BBQ (cookout) Meet in March-MD/DC/VA/PA/NJ March 25th

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 10:41 AM
two miles an hour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gregory_20706
:

I 'm thinkin lets set up a meeting time of 1:00pm (the meet doesn't start til 2 guys) and the IHOP isn't very far from the Park (don't mind being there on time but don't wanna get there too early either) I figure if we set up a 1:00pm Meet up time then we can all leave by 1:30pm that way we will get there in plenty of time.

So can we put that 1:00 meet time in stone please? My PG / B-more Area folks; post some or so we can have a concrete plan.

Can't wait guys!!!
ohh the damn thing starts @ 2 ohhh ok yea put me down to meet at 1pm at the IHOP who else is with us?
Old 03-24-2006, 10:49 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by kcblack02tl-s
ohh the damn thing starts @ 2 ohhh ok yea put me down to meet at 1pm at the IHOP who else is with us?

it depends on if you plan on participating in the car show or not..if you are please be there between 10am-12pm
Old 03-24-2006, 11:01 AM
3.2 CL-S Sundance Gold

Well at this point it is only us three for sure i am still waiting on the word ffrom a few others; that number can quickly jump or it can stay the same.

Anyway I got a Black 1stgen CL and will be be with a silver TL-S.

So any takers on meeting up with me (gregory_20706), Acurakid, and kcblack02tl-s just let us know by posting that u are going to meet us at IHOP, so that we know who to look out for.

So we doing a 1:00pm meeting spot @ IHOP in College Park (right off the beltway across from Home DepoT) and we gonna shoot for a 1:30 roll out time. So all aboard anyone else on the forum who wants to :gheyhug: ; I talked to mother nature last night and she said everything is gonna be
Old 03-24-2006, 11:18 AM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation For the VA Boys

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
These were my thoughts about meeting:

Why don't we meet at Tysons's Mall in the ouside parking lot of Bloomingdales at 10:00 am on Sat. Here are some quick directions: As soon as you come off of 495 you'll see a Shell gas station on your right (and a Marriott right behind it). Keep going straight and soon thereafter, you will see the sign for Tyson's on your right, make a right at that street. You will come to a 3 way stop. Make a left at the stop and make an immediate right into the parking lot. We'll meet there at 10:00am on Sat. If anyone else from NoVA is interested in rolling down with us, please feel free to come along.

Jeff, this is in the same mall that we met up at last time so if you want to come down an roll with us that would be cool, although I don't know where your hotel is in relation to the mall.
Hey guys, sorry to throw this in at the last minute. Do you guys want to meet up a little later? This will allow us to have a better idea of what the weather will be like before some of us (Snowman81 and crew) commit to going to the meet since some of us are coming from as far as 3 hrs away? Let me know what you all (Jeff, Chris, and Dustin) think?!?!
Old 03-24-2006, 11:55 AM
Installer @ Tweeter!

IHOP???
Old 03-24-2006, 12:06 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Hey guys, sorry to throw this in at the last minute. Do you guys want to meet up a little later? This will allow us to have a better idea of what the weather will be like before some of us (Snowman81 and crew) commit to going to the meet since some of us are coming from as far as 3 hrs away? Let me know what you all (Jeff, Chris, and Dustin) think?!?!
I think that's a good idea
Old 03-24-2006, 12:33 PM
3.2 CL-S Sundance Gold

Originally Posted by BlkTypeS
IHOP???
Yeah it does sound good! I will be tasting some french toast while i wait on you guys!!! Hey, "BlkTypeS" are you saying that u are down for meeting at 1pm?
Old 03-24-2006, 01:59 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
I think that's a good idea
I think we all need to come to a consensus on this. Initially, the main concern was to get there early so we could find good parking spots. Therefore, we were thinking of meeting a bit early since we figured cars would start registering about 10:30. But, with the weather looking iffy, maybe we need to meet a little later to give mother nature a chance to tell us what she wants to do
Old 03-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
I think we all need to come to a consensus on this. Initially, the main concern was to get there early so we could find good parking spots. Therefore, we were thinking of meeting a bit early since we figured cars would start registering about 10:30. But, with the weather looking iffy, maybe we need to meet a little later to give mother nature a chance to tell us what she wants to do
Yeah, I think that probably wouldn't be such a bad idea. I will give me a little time in the morning to see how the day will turn out. Honestly, it seems that the rain should stop fairly early with the way they've been changing the forecast. Sunday looks like a pretty decent day now. If you guys do decide to meet at 10 still, I will probably just see you at the meet and hopefully be able to get a spot next to you all.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:20 PM
SOLOCG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some of us will be there pretty early around 8-9 setting up parking etc so we will do our best to get everyone the spots they want.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:13 PM
I like to whistle in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll meet at the IHOP. I dont need to be there early..i have nothing to show...
except my EBC GREEN brake pads if that counts:P
Old 03-24-2006, 06:46 PM
two miles an hour

Originally Posted by Gregory_20706
Yeah it does sound good! I will be tasting some french toast while i wait on you guys!!! Hey, "BlkTypeS" are you saying that u are down for meeting at 1pm?
that ihop is like the best ihop in the area or at least i think so when i roll in there drunk at like 4am

but i dont think ill eat there tmr afternoon ill wait outside foreveryone plus gotta save the dough for the meet 5 bucks means alot to a college student
Old 03-24-2006, 08:35 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts

I'll be there at around 12:00 so I'll have time to grab a bite. Look for my 1 month old WDP with body spoilers installed today
Old 03-24-2006, 08:45 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts

I'll be there at around 12:00 so I'll have time to grab a bite. Look for my 1 month old WDP with body spoilers installed today
Old 03-24-2006, 09:05 PM
アキュラ 力

Exclamation Tyson's Rally postponed to 11:00 am

Originally Posted by snowman81
Yeah, I think that probably wouldn't be such a bad idea. I will give me a little time in the morning to see how the day will turn out. Honestly, it seems that the rain should stop fairly early with the way they've been changing the forecast. Sunday looks like a pretty decent day now. If you guys do decide to meet at 10 still, I will probably just see you at the meet and hopefully be able to get a spot next to you all.

Ok, let's bump it to 11:00 am tomorrow to give Jeff and Neal a bit more time to evaluate the weather. My only concern is that the Bloomingdales parking lot I mentioned in the initial directions below might be full by this time (11:00 am). If this lot is full, we can meet atop the adjacent parking garage directly in front of the Bloomingdales (This is the sole parking garage visible from Rt 7 ).

DIRECTIONS COMING OFF OF 495:
Here are some quick directions: As soon as you come off of 495 you'll see a Shell gas station on your right (and a Marriott right behind it). Keep going straight and soon thereafter, you will see the sign for Tyson's on your right, make a right at that street. You will come to a 3 way stop. Make a left at the stop and make an immediate right into the parking lot. We will leave promptly at 11:00 am!

For Directions to Tyson's Map Quest or enter the following address into your Navi:

Tyson's Corner Mall (Tyson's 1)
1961 Chain Bridge Road
McLean, Virginia 22102
Old 03-24-2006, 09:12 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
everyone should try to get a hold of a walkie talkie so if we do cruise it will be a lot faster on the WTs then trying to call everyone with cell
Old 03-25-2006, 01:10 AM
Intermediate

Ill meet up you guys at the IHOP near CP. I just got back in town. (Black 02 CL-S, super stock)

randall
Old 03-25-2006, 07:32 AM
アキュラ 力

So far so good guys, looks pretty nice outside (aside from the temperature)
Old 03-25-2006, 07:40 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

So far so good guys, looks pretty nice outside (aside from the temperature)
Yeah, I am headed up but I won't make your meet time at Tyson's Corner. I'll give you a call when I get closer to see where you guys are at. See you soon.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:42 AM
アキュラ 力

Yeah, I am headed up but I won't make your meet time at Tyson's Corner. I'll give you a call when I get closer to see where you guys are at. See you soon.
Excellent Bro, we'll see you there I'll try to save you a spot. Trying to keep the SSMs together if you know what I'm sayin BTW Are Neal and Badboy coming with you?
Old 03-25-2006, 07:47 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Excellent Bro, we'll see you there I'll try to save you a spot. Trying to keep the SSMs together if you know what I'm sayin BTW Are Neal and Badboy coming with you?
Derrick (badboy) called me last night and said he didn't plan on making it b/c of the weather. I haven't talked with Neal but Derrick said Neal was unsure. So, they are not coming with me but I am not sure if they will be there or not.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:48 AM
アキュラ 力

Derrick (badboy) called me last night and said he didn't plan on making it b/c of the weather. I haven't talked with Neal but Derrick said Neal was unsure. So, they are not coming with me but I am not sure if they will be there or not.
Gotcha!
Old 03-25-2006, 07:53 AM
アキュラ 力

Exclamation Tyson's Rally Time Change Reminder

Just a Reminder

We're bumping the Tyson's pre-meet to 11:00 am this morning. My only concern is that the Bloomingdales parking lot I mentioned in the initial directions below might be full by this time (11:00 am). If this lot is full, we can meet atop the adjacent parking garage directly in front of the Bloomingdales (This is the sole parking garage visible from Rt 7 ).

DIRECTIONS COMING OFF OF 495:
Here are some quick directions: As soon as you come off of 495 you'll see a Shell gas station on your right (and a Marriott right behind it). Keep going straight and soon thereafter, you will see the sign for Tyson's on your right, make a right at that street. You will come to a 3 way stop. Make a left at the stop and make an immediate right into the parking lot. We will leave promptly at 11:00 am!

For Directions to Tyson's Map Quest or enter the following address into your Navi:

Tyson's Corner Mall (Tyson's 1)
1961 Chain Bridge Road
McLean, Virginia 22102

Old 03-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Doctor Sarcasm

I'll be at the IHOP at noon
Old 03-25-2006, 10:32 AM
two miles an hour

Originally Posted by xtin
I'll be at the IHOP at noon
nice looks like the acura is gonna take over the parking lot of ihop
Old 03-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
I just stopped by, a lot of people, had to go though =/

I just went to go see TSXFury's car. Then I left.

Old 03-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking Good/Fun Meet & Pics Posted

The meet was fun and I (and the people I rolled with) enjoyed it. Must do again sometime ... maybe in a larger more open space somewhere and where we can have each type of car bunched together?

Nice to meet ya Leedog, Xtin, and Kevin.

Saturday BBQ Pics: Click Here

Get the roster lists for the two below meets rollin' boys and girls!

Car Wash and Wax Meet: Click Here

Mega Meet: Click Here
Old 03-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Intermediate

I had a good time you guy's thanks. It was good meeting up with all of you guys at IHOP too, Im really bad with names so I cant possibly remember all of yours. We should put something together more often, possibly a bit smaller. Thanks again

randall
Old 03-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Team Owner

i was a at the meet =P But I did stay and stare at TSX.Fury's car the longest, then I took my leave.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got there late. Missed a bunched of folks apparently. Saw the aftermath of that accident. Got teased on buying mods but not installing them. I'll try to get on it guys. JP, can you post up the info on the headlight clearing guy? I agree we should have some mini meets/mod meets. I have access to a lift and every tool you need. Something to think about. Maybe a mini meet could be an alternative for those who may not be attending the MEGA meet. I'm still undecided.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by Blitz
I got there late. Missed a bunched of folks apparently. Saw the aftermath of that accident. Got teased on buying mods but not installing them. I'll try to get on it guys. JP, can you post up the info on the headlight clearing guy? I agree we should have some mini meets/mod meets. I have access to a lift and every tool you need. Something to think about. Maybe a mini meet could be an alternative for those who may not be attending the MEGA meet. I'm still undecided.
Im down
Old 03-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Team Owner

Sounds awesome =)
Old 03-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Advanced

Attn: Troy

Originally Posted by lil_turbo4
Look if its going to be a problem paying 5 bucks then don't come, I could f*cking care less!!! I just wanted this to be a big meet, since its so much bitching going on, this will be my last planned event! I can't take this shit nomore, Im 23 years old, and I got better shit to do, then argue about paying some money!!! Im already putting up between 50 and 60 bucks, just for most of yall to have a great time, Im not going to do dat shit no more! So yall can either pay 5 bucks for food and chill, or if you enter the show pay 10, its that simple, the people that are helping me plan this are quality people! Im a short tempered person, and I will speak my mind and I don't give a shit who you are, thats how I am, so you either deal with it and shut da f*ck up talkin dat bullshit, or yall ass dont need to show up! Im not talking to everybody, but just the ones that are whinning about it! I already kept the cops away! I ask my dad for a big favor and he came through for me, if yall dont' know who he is, he is a (Chief of Police), so I got dat shit on lock! Now can we just all be happy, and turn this meet into the best meet ever!!!
Do you not remember this post? You definitely dropped the ball on this one boss.

Being an organizer entitled you nothing, I paid, as well as all the other organizers. I even had people watch me pay. I ended up losing nearly $60. This I don't care about, its the principle. Everyone else paid, what made your friends special?

I want to make clear what actually happened when the drama went down. First of all, when you rolled in with your 4-5 other cars with mad people, I asked you if you were going to handle payment. You said yes, yet I received not a dime for the 10-15 people you brought initially.

I then saw a string of 4 more cars, this is where the "problem" came up. I aproached the cars as I did with EVERYONE at the meet, and asked if they were showing or just hanging out. They opted not to show, but I told them it was $5 a head. They said they were just there to hang out. I told them everyone at that meet paid $5 a head, they would have to pay or leave. Then proceeded to park and walk over. I told them that I made it clear, he ignored me and walked past me. This is a clear disrespect.

After some choice words, you come over and back up your boy exclaiming you were an organizer, none of this was in the original plan (which we went over and over, I thought we were all on the same page), and your dad was the chief of police (not sure what this had to do with anything)

I had a great time otherwise, I just wanted this to be known, Troy, do not ever try to A) organize anything with me again B) show up to anything I organize
Old 03-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by jason2713
Do you not remember this post? You definitely dropped the ball on this one boss.

Being an organizer entitled you nothing, I paid, as well as all the other organizers. I even had people watch me pay. I ended up losing nearly $60. This I don't care about, its the principle. Everyone else paid, what made your friends special?

I want to make clear what actually happened when the drama went down. First of all, when you rolled in with your 4-5 other cars with mad people, I asked you if you were going to handle payment. You said yes, yet I received not a dime for the 10-15 people you brought initially.

I then saw a string of 4 more cars, this is where the "problem" came up. I aproached the cars as I did with EVERYONE at the meet, and asked if they were showing or just hanging out. They opted not to show, but I told them it was $5 a head. They said they were just there to hang out. I told them everyone at that meet paid $5 a head, they would have to pay or leave. Then proceeded to park and walk over. I told them that I made it clear, he ignored me and walked past me. This is a clear disrespect.

After some choice words, you come over and back up your boy exclaiming you were an organizer, none of this was in the original plan (which we went over and over, I thought we were all on the same page), and your dad was the chief of police (not sure what this had to do with anything)

I had a great time otherwise, I just wanted this to be known, Troy, do not ever try to A) organize anything with me again B) show up to anything I organize
I thought you did a GREAT job. You were very nice and I appreciate all your work in this meet. I didnt eat a thing (neither did the two other people with me) but we still paid our 15 dollars just to hang out and support the cause.

NOW, WHERE CAN I GET AN AZ STICKER???
Old 03-25-2006, 09:06 PM
Team Owner

I thought you did a GREAT job. You were very nice and I appreciate all your work in this meet. I didnt eat a thing (neither did the two other people with me) but we still paid our 15 dollars just to hang out and support the cause.

Yeah I thought you guys did a great job. I also insisted to pay 10 bucks instead of 5, but you guys refused =/

Haha I remember you asking about the AZ stickers to TSX.Fury, I was standing right by his car -____-;;

Yeah I really want one of those stickers too =) Can we get someone to make em again =P

Last edited by EuRTSX; 03-25-2006 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:09 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

PM ANDY03CL-S ... I know he had them at one of our other meets.

Theres a local sticker shop around here in Kensington that can reproduce them too.

I'll see if I can get some for the next few meets.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by Malayalee King
PM ANDY03CL-S ... I know he had them at one of our other meets.

Theres a local sticker shop around here in Kensington that can reproduce them too.

I'll see if I can get some for the next few meets.
do they already have the design so I can just walk in and order some or do I need to bring them a copy?
Team Owner

That would be great =)
Advanced

haha, thanks girl, im glad you all had a great time, I want copies of your pictures!

I appreciated all the people that did not give me issues about the nominal fee...you are welcome to any meet I organize which will be sometime this summer
Old 03-25-2006, 09:14 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Originally Posted by AcurasGhost

[img removed]

The meet was fun and I (and the people I rolled with) enjoyed it. Must do again sometime ... maybe in a larger more open space somewhere and where we can have each type of car bunched together?

Nice to meet ya Leedog, Xtin, and Kevin.

Saturday BBQ Pics: Click Here

Get the roster lists for the two below meets rollin' boys and girls!

Car Wash and Wax Meet: Click Here

Mega Meet: Click Here

nice pics bro -- i was too lazy to bring camera

Quick Reply: BBQ (cookout) Meet in March-MD/DC/VA/PA/NJ March 25th