Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AcurasGhost
Someone's forget me on the roster list!
I own 2 TL's - '98 TL and '06 TL

the list is only to give us ideas of how much food we need to get

being off by a few doesn't matter...just so long as we can feed ya!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:11 PM
lilvinnyb

Well F$*K it. I could be totally wrong.

Perhaps I will see you all Saturday.

I just don't like rush jobs. I tend to think that shops who can fit you in immediately and do quick work, MAY not be too busy for a reason (shitty work).

I tried two shops, one does high end work (ferraris, etc), he said two weeks, the other said 4 days, so I figured 1 - 2 weeks.

But lets not beat this into the ground

Originally Posted by lil_turbo4
WHAT? You should be suspicious from 1-2 weeks, not 2-3 days! I just got my girl's bodykit put on our 240sx, and it took 3-4 days, and it just looks sick!!! The bodyshop that did my girls, did a great job! Anybody that has a kit, I recommend going to them, just perfect! My boy's dad works at the shop, so we got a great deal on everything! Pics will be up soon to show you, or you can see it yourself saturday! Now all we need to do is get that engine swap(RB25det) and a front mount and we good!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Aight Jason, ha. Thanks. C ya'll there.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:51 AM
Advanced

Well Jon has come up with an ingenious way for us to organize you guys by forums so you can be with your friends. Its not going to please EVERYONE but at least you can be with your forum.

Posted by Jon on BWImports.org -
set up parking plans ive debated and came to a conclusion this is the best way:

Ask boss if i can put a deposit on the orange large cones we sell. So I dont need to buy it and use it for 1 day
buy colored posters and write each forum name on each poster (will cut peices out so its not a huge poster and so we can use part of each poster board for other signs)
In that way we can point ppl which are to park in easily by pointing to the color poster

forum name posters will be taped to the cones

I will get some wooden garden polls and some colored marking tape to put in colors the area of parking each forum should take up.

So when you arrive, we will have areas assigned for each forum involved with the meet. we will be at the front entrance to the parking lot to collect fee and to point you to your colored area. The parking lot is pretty big so I am confident we will get everyone in

Keep in mind, depending on how many people you have in your car is how much you pay. $10 for showing and eatting for the driver only. It will be $5 per person beyond. If you don't feel like being in the car show, its just $5 a head. for example, lets say you want to show your car, and have 2 friends with you. This is $10 (car and driver) + $5 (1 friend) + $5 (1 friend) = $20

What we want:
1) To make this clear, just being there costs us money by renting the space, period. In turn, being there will cost you money. So do not show up if you do not intend to pay willingly. I do not want to hear, "Oh, we just wanted to drop in a for a while, not to eat or show, just to chill." Pull your own weight and come up with the 5 bones per person. Enough said on this topic.

2) Adult acting people, I'm no one's parent. This is for fun, the car show is for fun, period.

What we don't want:
1) Reving engines, peeling tires, seeing how loud my exhaust is compared to yours, seeing how loud my stereo is, racing.

2) When you leave the park, DO NOT PEEL AWAY LIKE A BAT OUTTA HELL. This happens at every show I go to when its over, everyone has to be a show off. We have kids and parents (families) there to enjoy a peaceful day at the park. You represent your forum, so acting the fool calls out your entire forum. Act accordingly.

Well in the home stretch! 3 days until game day! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Last edited by jason2713; 03-21-2006 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:16 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 03-21-2006, 08:41 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by lilvinnyb
Well F$*K it. I could be totally wrong.

Perhaps I will see you all Saturday.

I just don't like rush jobs. I tend to think that shops who can fit you in immediately and do quick work, MAY not be too busy for a reason (shitty work).

I tried two shops, one does high end work (ferraris, etc), he said two weeks, the other said 4 days, so I figured 1 - 2 weeks.

But lets not beat this into the ground

Wagon Werks?
Old 03-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
The weather looks like it will be okay so far. I hope it stays thay way.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:08 PM
SSM A-Spec

Hey Guys, sorry I been missing in action. Count me in for the meet. See ya
Old 03-21-2006, 01:31 PM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TL Dustin
Hey Guys, sorry I been missing in action. Count me in for the meet. See ya
Bout time mang
Old 03-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
Bout time mang
For real TL Dustin...been wondering if you were gonna make it or not. Are you bring the TL or the vette?
Old 03-22-2006, 07:29 AM
SSM A-Spec

The TL!!! Taking off a few hours early to put on a fresh coat of Wax!!!! We're meeting at 10 am at Tysons right J.P.???
Old 03-22-2006, 10:02 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Is there any meeting place for everyone before getting to the meet? I know the people from Maryland are meeting up and some of us down here may be metting up but are we gonna meet somewhere before hand or just gonna hope we are all parking near eachother with the new sign idea and call it good?
Old 03-22-2006, 10:19 AM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by TL Dustin
The TL!!! Taking off a few hours early to put on a fresh coat of Wax!!!! We're meeting at 10 am at Tysons right J.P.???
These were my thoughts about meeting:

Why don't we meet at Tysons's Mall in the ouside parking lot of Bloomingdales at 10:00 am on Sat. Here are some quick directions: As soon as you come off of 495 you'll see a Shell gas station on your right (and a Marriott right behind it). Keep going straight and soon thereafter, you will see the sign for Tyson's on your right, make a right at that street. You will come to a 3 way stop. Make a left at the stop and make an immediate right into the parking lot. We'll meet there at 10:00am on Sat. If anyone else from NoVA is interested in rolling down with us, please feel free to come along.

Jeff, this is in the same mall that we met up at last time so if you want to come down an roll with us that would be cool, although I don't know where your hotel is in relation to the mall.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
These were my thoughts about meeting:

Why don't we meet at Tysons's Mall in the ouside parking lot of Bloomingdales at 10:00 am on Sat. Here are some quick directions: As soon as you come off of 495 you'll see a Shell gas station on your right (and a Marriott right behind it). Keep going straight and soon thereafter, you will see the sign for Tyson's on your right, make a right at that street. You will come to a 3 way stop. Make a left at the stop and make an immediate right into the parking lot. We'll meet there at 10:00am on Sat. If anyone else from NoVA is interested in rolling down with us, please feel free to come along.

Jeff, this is in the same mall that we met up at last time so if you want to come down an roll with us that would be cool, although I don't know where your hotel is in relation to the mall.
Sounds like a good plan...I'll most likely meet you there but can you PM your cell in case anything changes. It's about a 3 hr drive to Tysons Corner so I'll have to leave here by 7...and that means the woman will have to get up at like 5, so I'll see if she's cool with it. I probably won't be checking into my hotel until after the meet b/c it will be so early. I am pretty sure the hotel is closer to the meet area anyway.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Tint The Windshield

Snowman and JP .... are you guys to wax your guys cars there in the parking lot or going to someone's house to or what? I'm interested if you want one more TL ...
Old 03-22-2006, 01:02 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by AcurasGhost
Snowman and JP .... are you guys to wax your guys cars there in the parking lot or going to someone's house to or what? I'm interested if you want one more TL ...
Bro, we'll just be at the lot to meet up. Waxing your car there won't be such a good idea because the security at Tyson's is tight. As for waxing and such, I think everyone will be doing their own prep the evening before or early that morning.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Tint The Windshield

Post New Wash And Wax Thread For You Guys Coming To This Meet

Hey guys,

I decided to put this link in this thread because I'm sure all of you that are looking at this will be interested since your in the area .... so check it out!

WASH AND WAX MEETS FOR MD/DC/VA POSSIBLY EVERY SUNDAY AT A PROFESSIONAL DETAIL SHOP ....

Old 03-23-2006, 12:26 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
^ im definitely up for that =)
Old 03-23-2006, 09:55 AM
I like to whistle in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So where are the Rockville/ PG County people officially meeting???
Old 03-23-2006, 10:02 AM
Advanced

only organizers and helpers need to be there that early. The reason being, we have made 10am - 12pm-ish for the car show registration. We need to get parking laid out, set up front gate for payment and parking directions, hang signs directing people, setting up food/drink stations...just overall set up is going to take at least an hour or so, I'd rather have more time than be pressured.

I am picking up the trophies tomorrow around lunch, i will snap a photo of em to show you all what they look like. I picked out some of the nicer ones with dark marble, white holigram pillars, 2 layers, etc. The Best of awards are bigger, same theme.

I went to costco yesterday and picked up the follow items:

7x 16 pack of hotdog buns = 112 total hotdog buns
7x 16 pack of hamburger buns = 112 total hamburger buns
6x 36 pack of sodas (diet dr pepper, dr pepper mountain dew, lipton brisk ice tea pepsi, and a variety pack) = 216 total sodas
2 big roles of tin foil
15 fullsize tin steam pans to keep food hot in
170 full sized heavy duty paper plates
60 hamburgers
4x 32 pack of hotdogs = 128 total hotdogs

What we still need, but have it covered with Eric, Jon, and Dre:

Dre is getting: condiments, hamburgers, 3 large bags of chips, sodas, ice
Eric is getting: 3 large bags of chips, utensils, hamburgers, ice
Jon is getting: signs made, colored tape for parking, ice, whatever else

I've already talked to them, they've all got this on lock, so we are set and ready to go. I only have about 60 hamburgers but 112 buns, so we need another 50 or so...try to communicate with each other to figure out how many you're getting of the items we talked about last night.

Well that's it! Now its setup, and enjoy! the weather looks like its going to be pretty nice, lets hope no wind because I can deal with 50's, sun, and no wind
Old 03-23-2006, 10:07 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Ok I'm getting confused with all the times thrown out here... what time does the meet start if we are not participating in the show? 2pm I thought right?
Old 03-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
Ok I'm getting confused with all the times thrown out here... what time does the meet start if we are not participating in the show? 2pm I thought right?
you can really come when you want to to be honest....the cooking of food will start around 12-1pm...so really show when u want...the earlier you get there, the more chance we will have of getting the most parking spots...the park's parking is first come first serve.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:46 AM
two miles an hour

Originally Posted by Meek32v6
So where are the Rockville/ PG County people officially meeting???
good question uhh were all takin 495 up there so im trying to think of a spot in pg that is close for everybody
hmm im thinkin hey uhh College Park?
lol i know its close to me but im down for wherever if yall wanna meet up
Old 03-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Tint The Windshield

Exclamation Meet Up Spots Before Rolling to BBQ

We need to figure or some meets spots for all the guys coming. Tyson's Mall at Bloomingdales has been mentioned ... the PG County and College Park guys meeting at College Park as been mentioned ... but nothing set in stone! ha

Anyone want to make a meet spot at Old Navy on 355 and Montrose/Randolph at like 12:45 p.m. for the guys from G-burg to Bethesda ?

__________________________________________________ _______

Car Wash + Wax Meeting Thread
Old 03-23-2006, 02:08 PM
3.2 CL-S Sundance Gold

Hey PG Folks what about meeting right off the beltway; maybe IHOP or Dunkin donuts off route 1 by Home depot? Give me some feedback folks, time is a tickin! PLace & Time
Old 03-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gregory_20706
Hey PG Folks what about meeting right off the beltway; maybe IHOP or Dunkin donuts off route 1 by Home depot? Give me some feedback folks, time is a tickin! PLace & Time

i can meet anyone in CP if you want, but like I said, I'm going to be there a$$ early to set up. I wanna be there by 8:30-9am...I know you party animals don't normally get up for another 2-3 hours.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:43 PM
3.2 CL-S Sundance Gold

Originally Posted by jason2713
i can meet anyone in CP if you want, but like I said, I'm going to be there a$$ early to set up. I wanna be there by 8:30-9am...I know you party animals don't normally get up for another 2-3 hours.

That is a little early for my taste; I would rather myself than meet that early in the morning. I would mess around and fall asleep at the meet.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Tint The Windshield

Unhappy

I'm 99% sure that everything is set in stone for everything, but is there any way there would be a rain date? The weather is looking to get worse and worse. 40% Rain/snow showers during the time of the meet. That sucks. I know it would be way too hard to reschedule the damn meet, I'm just pissed if everyone's cars will be blingin .... with rain shittin' all over it, ha.

Old 03-23-2006, 03:58 PM
SOLOCG

Werd hopefully it will be ok I don't think even if we get showers it won't be bad, let's hope it stays that way or it does not rain at all. The rain date was for Sunday and it looks much worse that day so we should still be on for saturday..
Old 03-23-2006, 04:06 PM
I like to whistle in my

I could meet in College Park. Im coming from the south anyway Im all the way down by exit 3 ( few miles from Woodrow Wilson bridge). Lets figure this out though...anyone else wanna chime in??

Oyeh..add me to the list
Old 03-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by telele
Werd hopefully it will be ok I don't think even if we get showers it won't be bad, let's hope it stays that way or it does not rain at all. The rain date was for Sunday and it looks much worse that day so we should still be on for saturday..
yeah this is the weather report, it doesnt sound like its goign to be more than showers. This could be good, could be bad. the good is we will have that whole friggin park for ourselves! The bad is the rain. It sounds like just showers, so maybe a sprinkle or 2, shouldn't put a damper on the day though. We have 2 enclosures, but we can take over another if need be. I called today about the enclosures, no one has registered for the others, so "technically" we could use those as well.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:28 PM
two miles an hour

Originally Posted by Meek32v6
I could meet in College Park. Im coming from the south anyway Im all the way down by exit 3 ( few miles from Woodrow Wilson bridge). Lets figure this out though...anyone else wanna chime in??

Oyeh..add me to the list
Damn thats damn near VA

yea i pm someother ppl from PG on this board and were thinkin bout meeting at the IHOP in CP exit 25 near the HomeDepot

but on another note the weatherman is callin from some drizzle on sat with our funny weather
here it might be sunny but if theres a rain date would the car show still go on?
Old 03-23-2006, 04:31 PM
two miles an hour

ohh hows 1230pm ? for a meet time for pg ppl to ride up there HELL that real early for me and i live a min down the street ill jus go easy on the partyin tmr night
Old 03-23-2006, 05:40 PM
SOLOCG

Sounds good guys hopefully we own the park that day
Old 03-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

I gotta be honest...I probably won't make the trip up there if the whether is crappy. I also talked to tl_badboy96 and (well I don't wanna put words in his mouth) he feels the same. I really hope the weather is decent because I wanna make this meet, but I just can't see standing under the enclosures all day with all those nice cars out there for me to look at. We'll see how it goes but hopefully I see everyone on Saturday
Old 03-23-2006, 08:21 PM
I like to whistle in my

Originally Posted by kcblack02tl-s
Damn thats damn near VA

yea i pm someother ppl from PG on this board and were thinkin bout meeting at the IHOP in CP exit 25 near the HomeDepot

but on another note the weatherman is callin from some drizzle on sat with our funny weather
here it might be sunny but if theres a rain date would the car show still go on?
HAHA! Yeh but I drive to Rockville on a regular (she's worth the drive )
So rain or no rain I still have a reason to drive up the road. Works out for me either way
Old 03-23-2006, 08:30 PM
SOLOCG

I think it will be fine guys I hate rain my self it seems like it want's to rain every damn day I take off to do something but even if it does it's going to be very light rain this saturday and there is a good chance we might not get any rain you never know. Hope you make it out dude
Old 03-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
I'll be there for sure =)
Old 03-24-2006, 08:23 AM
3.2 CL-S Sundance Gold

1:00pm meeting point @ IHOP College Park.

:
Originally Posted by kcblack02tl-s
ohh hows 1230pm ? for a meet time for pg ppl to ride up there HELL that real early for me and i live a min down the street ill jus go easy on the partyin tmr night

I 'm thinkin lets set up a meeting time of 1:00pm (the meet doesn't start til 2 guys) and the IHOP isn't very far from the Park (don't mind being there on time but don't wanna get there too early either) I figure if we set up a 1:00pm Meet up time then we can all leave by 1:30pm that way we will get there in plenty of time.

So can we put that 1:00 meet time in stone please? My PG / B-more Area folks; post some or so we can have a concrete plan.

Can't wait guys!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Tint The Windshield

Unhappy

Man, Sunday's weather is looking to be clear now. Son of a b**ch.

Playink hooky from work to get my cars clean for tomorrow ... it best not rain, haha.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car Wash and Wax Meets

Quick Reply: BBQ (cookout) Meet in March-MD/DC/VA/PA/NJ March 25th