BBQ (cookout) Meet in March-MD/DC/VA/PA/NJ March 25th

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by snowman81
Yeah, there has to be more pics...I am sure they are on the other forums though. That Accord you were talking about was pretty nice. The older model one right across from where we were parked, right?
I have a ton of pics, its just a pain in the ass to resize them all.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
[QUOTE=telele]Fun times guys and all the Acura's were hot, I took ver 80pics so I'll post some of them once I get a chance to go home tonight. It was a good turn out and I hope everyone had a good time. The Black 97 5th gen accord is friend's car, here are some pics I took a few weeks ago.

She's a beaut!! (spoken with Steve Urwin accent)

Xtin...at least you know how to resize pics. I've never had a digicam to resize anything...so when I DO step into the 21st century, it's going to be a trip...literally.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:55 PM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by telele
Fun times guys and all the Acura's were hot, I took ver 80pics so I'll post some of them once I get a chance to go home tonight. It was a good turn out and I hope everyone had a good time. The Black 97 5th gen accord is friend's car, here are some pics I took a few weeks ago.

That's the one Tele, thanks! Blitz must be drooling now
Old 03-26-2006, 03:08 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by BlkTypeS
Nice pics JP!
Originally Posted by BlkTypeS
J.P nice wheels! I want them!
Thanks bro

Great pics JP...even got some with my modded hood. Can't really tell though. For everyone that doesn't know, I rear-ended a pick-up with a hitch and screwed up the front of my car. I was parked with all the other Acura's. JP and Kiran helped...actually, replaced it for me at the meet. That's what the extra parts are laying on the ground. Oh yeah, it was the 2nd Gen SSM TL...not the one with the RJ's, that was JP. I had a good time and the organizers did great. The food was good, drinks were cold and there was more than enough cars to drool over. Great meet. Nice meeting up with everyone again. Wish I could make it to the Mega Meet but my car will be in the shop for a new hood and front bumper. Hope you all have a good time.

J, glad we were able to help out. BTW thanks to you and your girl for coming out. VA Beach is a long trek and I know most people wouldn't do such a drive, but it is a pleasure having you at these meets! Not to mention the fact that you and I share the same taste in car in color Hope to see you some time in the near future and best of luck on the repairs

Oh and thanks to Jeff (and his very patient lady), Chris and his girlfirend, Ben, Marcus, Keith, KennyC, Dustin and Marisel, and of course Mr. Kiran for coming out. I had a wonderful time
Old 03-26-2006, 03:22 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
^ you shoulda spelt color colour, it'd be more JDM....CDM *hint*hint* that way
Old 03-26-2006, 03:32 PM
Recently turned 18

*Will Work for Mods*
Old 03-26-2006, 03:37 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by xtin
upload to photobucket, they automatically resize
Old 03-26-2006, 03:37 PM
SOLOCG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL CDM I like that .
Old 03-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a great time too JP. Nice seeing/meeting everyone again. My g/f was being very patient but when we were leaving the meet she said she was sitting in the car waiting for us to go and she got bored...so she wanted to take my car for a ride and smoke the tires. It's ironic that she said that though because whenever I do it she gets mad at me...I don't get it.
We ended up going over to Chili's for some food and drinks and stayed at a Marriott that was nearby. Headed out this morning.

Blitz...the mod meet sounds awesome. I am sure most people won't want to drive all the way down here to do mods though. So if we are able to get something together and find a way to get the cars on base and to the hobby shop, I'd make the trip up there. Don't really plan on to many mods for my car though. Kiran's visual mods were great and I am in search of illuminated door sills now. And then some new wheels and I should be happy....but we all know that's not gonna happen. There's always that new mod that comes out that everyone has to have.
JP...your car truly is . I gotta get those wheels.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:25 PM
アキュラ 力

I had a great time too JP. Nice seeing/meeting everyone again. My g/f was being very patient but when we were leaving the meet she said she was sitting in the car waiting for us to go and she got bored...so she wanted to take my car for a ride and smoke the tires. It's ironic that she said that though because whenever I do it she gets mad at me...I don't get it.
We ended up going over to Chili's for some food and drinks and stayed at a Marriott that was nearby. Headed out this morning.

Blitz...the mod meet sounds awesome. I am sure most people won't want to drive all the way down here to do mods though. So if we are able to get something together and find a way to get the cars on base and to the hobby shop, I'd make the trip up there. Don't really plan on to many mods for my car though. Kiran's visual mods were great and I am in search of illuminated door sills now. And then some new wheels and I should be happy....but we all know that's not gonna happen. There's always that new mod that comes out that everyone has to have.
JP...your car truly is . I gotta get those wheels.
Thanks Jeff, glad you had a good time. Also, thanks for the comments, just trying to keep it clean and simple BTW if you ever decide to get the rims, tell Ron I referred you, maybe he can hook you up with a discount Hope the trip back was uneventful.

Jason, just wanted to thank you (and your crew of course) for all the time and effort you put into making this meet a success. You did a great job.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:18 PM
TL 3.2

It was nice meeting everyone. I had a awsome time. Sucks that I had to park away from the group til the end. Thanks to the organizers for their hard work.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:28 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by Dreamdtt2000
It was nice meeting everyone. I had a awsome time. Sucks that I had to park away from the group til the end. Thanks to the organizers for their hard work.
Damn David, forgot to thank you and Tristan for making it out too!!! Always enjoy having you guys there too
Old 03-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
Thanks Jeff, glad you had a good time. Also, thanks for the comments, just trying to keep it clean and simple BTW if you ever decide to get the rims, tell Ron I referred you, maybe he can hook you up with a discount Hope the trip back was uneventful.

Jason, just wanted to thank you (and your crew of course) for all the time and effort you put into making this meet a success. You did a great job.

thanks all for your compliments of the meet...the next one we have will be bigger and better. I don't think I had one person come to me disappointed, for the most part, everyone was a good sport, thanks to my grillers, you grilled the hell outta that food!

thanks to iobidder for being a really great help! Ultimately thanks to all of you too for showing up despite the bleak weather forcast. It really turned out great.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by jason2713
thanks all for your compliments of the meet...the next one we have will be bigger and better. I don't think I had one person come to me disappointed, for the most part, everyone was a good sport, thanks to my grillers, you grilled the hell outta that food!

thanks to iobidder for being a really great help! Ultimately thanks to all of you too for showing up despite the bleak weather forcast. It really turned out great.
The meet was great. I had planned on entering my car until I got into an accident. Not that I would have won, but it could have been cool. And I had no problems paying...actually threw in $20 for my g/f and I and that's cool with me. I figured some people wouldn't want to pay anyway. The people working the grill were great and the food came out good. Definitely would show up to another meet you organized. The weather wasn't to bad and was a huge deciding factor in whether or not I would make it to the meet since I was driving up from Va Beach. Glad I did though. Look forward to the next one.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Advanced

The meet was great. I had planned on entering my car until I got into an accident. Not that I would have won, but it could have been cool. And I had no problems paying...actually threw in $20 for my g/f and I and that's cool with me. I figured some people wouldn't want to pay anyway. The people working the grill were great and the food came out good. Definitely would show up to another meet you organized. The weather wasn't to bad and was a huge deciding factor in whether or not I would make it to the meet since I was driving up from Va Beach. Glad I did though. Look forward to the next one.
I hope you weren't the one that got smashed into by the volvo!

yeah sucks man..its ok, we'll have another probably in the summer time. I'll keep everyone posted.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:31 PM
Recently turned 18

I wish I still had a place to support a Grill Out Meet. I guess that's what parks are for though. So "Snowman" (forgot your real name sorry), about how much notice would you need if we planned something small and kind of spur of the moment? You're good people man, the kind of stable minded folks I like to hang out with, along with my other MD/DC/NoVa crew. I kind of want to do something next weekend, for those of us that don't want to/can't go to the Mega mega mega meet.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:40 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Thanks Jeff...
ahhh! damn it JP i coulda swore you said his name was john! and i definetly called him john atleast once yest!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:43 PM
Recently turned 18

Doh! Somebody called me Kevin before.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:49 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by Malayalee King
ahhh! damn it JP i coulda swore you said his name was john! and i definetly called him john atleast once yest!
Originally Posted by Blitz
Doh! Somebody called me Kevin before.
Guys, I'm horrible with names too. I think that with enough meets this spring / summer, we'll have each other's names straight
Old 03-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Yeah, Jeff it is. Blitz...don't worry, I forgot your name to. That's what happens with forums though, I'll remember your forum name but not you real name. I only need a weeks notice but I can't make it next weekend or else I would probably be going to the Mega Meet. I have duty and we stand a 24 hour watch (yeah, it sucks real bad). I also don't know if my car will be done by then. I am dropping it off tomorrow. I'd like to make it up for a mod day, so if you do plan one, let me know.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by Malayalee King
I never heard it. Did I answer you?? Yours is easy enough to remember, I got reminded every time I looked at your plates. I'll try to make this a little easier for everyone...my forum name is snowman81. There's a long story behind that....my last name is Snow. Okay so I guess it wasn't a long story but it's cool if that's what you all wanna call me. I answer to it b/c that was a nickname growing up...also the root a more jokes than I can remember, but it's cool.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:02 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
It looks like you guys had a nice turnout.

I'll make it up to one of the meets later in the year possibly.

Those progressive TE's are hot.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:10 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

I never heard it. Did I answer you?? Yours is easy enough to remember, I got reminded every time I looked at your plates. I'll try to make this a little easier for everyone...my forum name is snowman81. There's a long story behind that....my last name is Snow. Okay so I guess it wasn't a long story but it's cool if that's what you all wanna call me. I answer to it b/c that was a nickname growing up...also the root a more jokes than I can remember, but it's cool.

Old 03-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by jason2713
I hope you weren't the one that got smashed into by the volvo!

yeah sucks man..its ok, we'll have another probably in the summer time. I'll keep everyone posted.
Nope...that wasn't me. I was one of the 2nd Gen SSM TL's. This is me shortly after JPTL-S and Malayalee King replaced my grill.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by xtin
Yeah, definitely try out photobucket. It resizes for you and you can upload multiple files at once.
On a side note, I didn't see you at the meet but if that is you in your avatar...you look exactly like a girl I used to work with. I mean you could be her sister.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:22 PM
I like to whistle in my

This was good for me. Its nice to go to things like this to inspire me and get me back in the groove of things. Definitely looking for to the Megameet. I didn't expect the turnout yesterday to be as big as it was..really cool
Old 03-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Hey JP...just realized something. I was drooling over pics of your car again. Do you remember the conversation we had about the triangle part of the rim. It seems to me that it may have been to cover a little bit of the gap from the rotor. So as the wheel is spinning the traingle spot covers more area so your rotors don't look so small. Not sure if that really makes sense but I just noticed it and thought I'd share. What do you think?
Old 03-26-2006, 09:43 PM
アキュラ 力

Hey JP...just realized something. I was drooling over pics of your car again. Do you remember the conversation we had about the triangle part of the rim. It seems to me that it may have been to cover a little bit of the gap from the rotor. So as the wheel is spinning the traingle spot covers more area so your rotors don't look so small. Not sure if that really makes sense but I just noticed it and thought I'd share. What do you think?
You know Jeff, you might be right. Without them there, the stock rotors would look really small. The do lend to the illusion that the rotors are bigger than they are. Good analysis there bro I've always wondered what the wheel would look like with out them
Old 03-26-2006, 10:21 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

here are some pix guys from the other forums

http://www.mdstreetscene.com/forum/showthread.php?t=995
Old 03-27-2006, 12:10 AM
Pink things in...

Damn. I guess I missed a bunch.

Jon (tzakiel) and I were moving into a new condo this weekend. I totally forgot about the meet, but we'll be at the megameet with our 3rd Gens in April.

BTW. We're thinking about vanity plates - Tzakiel and Pinkyttc.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:39 AM
Recently turned 18

Apparently we're "F**kers"?(<<as quoted in the first link)

I'm so glad I missed that drama.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:51 AM
SOLOCG

Damn screw the drama that was not needed to say we all had fun, Don't mind what he said he was just upset because of a misunderstanding which caused a small problem for the most part. I'll have my pics up pretty soon.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:04 AM
アキュラ 力

Apparently we're "F**kers"?(<<as quoted in the first link)

I don't know where civicEXcoupman got his information from but everyone I know paid, myself included. Here is what they had to say:

Originally Posted by civicEXcoupman
more pics the fuckers at Acurazine who didnt want to pay and started the huge arguement and pissed everyone off and made me act the way i did
Originally Posted by jayunsplanet
those cocky rich tl owner

Luckily Snowman81, blk2001tlon19s and JDM5LugHatch came to our defense:

Originally Posted by [url="member.php?u=23878"
blk2001tlon19s[/url]]Personally, I don't care for the "fuckers at Acurazine" ...doesn't make sense. Just so you have your facts street ...the individual whom didn't want to buy(i know of the main guy, lilturbo4 - troy) ...and those were his friends. To my knowledge, those were not acurazine members so I don't know where you are getting your information from. I'm a member of acurazine, which seems as if you are saying that we are all fuckers because one guy and his friends(non-acurazine members) to my knowledge didn't pay. If that's what you think then
Originally Posted by Snowman81
Yeah, that sounds about right. I know there was drama with Troy and his friends...but I don't know who out of his group did or didn't pay. I know all of us in those pics (yes, I'm from AZ) paid our money. I even threw down $20 even though it was just me and my girl because I figured some people wouldn't want to pay. The group that you see in the pics just wanted to come out and check out everyones cars and have a good time...and that's what we did, after paying of course!
Originally Posted by JDM5LugHatch
I was one of those acurazine fuckers. I paid my damn money no fucking problem. Ask Jason. The 3 pics that you originally quoted from acurazine at the top JP (2gtl), Ben (TSX), and Myself (3GTL) all paid our money with no problems. Maybe you are talking about what happened later on. However we were there before a lot of people even showed up (12pm) and I personally didn't leave until 3 obviously this was before all the drama unfolded. We paid our dues no problem. Matter of fact all the TL and TSX members we were with paid our measly $5 with no problems what-so-ever. So don't talk shit about all of us. Don't judge all of us because of a few bad apples. We all know who you are mainly talking about yet you decided to include all of us in the scenario.

Last edited by JPTL-S; 03-27-2006 at 06:09 AM.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:05 AM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

by the way ...boostedtl is myself on those forums ..lol
Old 03-27-2006, 06:12 AM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by blk2001tlon19s
by the way ...boostedtl is myself on those forums ..lol
LOL, yeh I realized that but I couldn't remember your forum name. I tried to correct it just now but messed up on the name in your quote somehow but I corrected it up top. I passed my 5 min so now I'm locked out and can't edit anymore
Old 03-27-2006, 06:21 AM
アキュラ 力

BTW Chris, I love this pic of your whip, it looks
Old 03-27-2006, 06:36 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Apparently we're &quot;F**kers&quot;?(<<as quoted in the first link)

eww, cant believe i missed that one before i posted. that red/blk/grey theme was killing my aged retinas.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:37 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
BTW Chris, I love this pic of your whip, it looks

Thank's JP. Man I had a decent time. However, I was one pissed off person later that night. Man..... my girl and I went to the Open House at Mach V and chilled there for awhile. Then we went to Dulles Town Center to drop her ring off to get fixed and resized. Everything was great. We came back down to Hoodbridge went into Blockbuster and rented a couple movies and then walked to next door to grab some dinner. So we finish walk to the car and I see some pink dots on my car and I'm like what the fuck is this. Then I notice that all these sprinkle sized raindrops (that happen to be of a nice pink color) are all over my car. I walk around to the front of my car and someone decided to use my TL as target practice with their paintball gun. I had 2 nice pink paintballs one on my front bumper right under the headlight and the other right on the metal trim on the hood directly above the Acura emblem. I was faced right towards Rt.1 so it could have been anyone just driving by or across the street. However, if I would have seen the person that did it a chase surely would have persued and honestly I can't even image what would happen to those fuckers had I caught them. Damn I can't stand fucking haters.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:40 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Originally Posted by JDM5lugHatch
Thank's JP. Man I had a decent time. However, I was one pissed off person later that night. Man..... my girl and I went to the Open House at Mach V and chilled there for awhile. Then we went to Dulles Town Center to drop her ring off to get fixed and resized. Everything was great. We came back down to Hoodbridge went into Blockbuster and rented a couple movies and then walked to next door to grab some dinner. So we finish walk to the car and I see some pink dots on my car and I'm like what the fuck is this. Then I notice that all these sprinkle sized raindrops (that happen to be of a nice pink color) are all over my car. I walk around to the front of my car and someone decided to use my TL as target practice with their paintball gun. I had 2 nice pink paintballs one on my front bumper right under the headlight and the other right on the metal trim on the hood directly above the Acura emblem. I was faced right towards Rt.1 so it could have been anyone just driving by or across the street. However, if I would have seen the person that did it a chase surely would have persued and honestly I can't even image what would happen to those fuckers had I caught them. Damn I can't stand fucking haters.

damn man! that sux. haters! hoodbridge. i hope no dents!
Old 03-27-2006, 06:43 AM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by JDM5lugHatch
Damn Chris, sorry to hear what happened Hopefully (1) There was no damage to your car (2) You were able to remove the paint without any problems. I know you were pissed. I wonder what people get out of doing that? Obviously they don't wait around to see your reaction (or maybe they do I don't know), so what's the point? Anyways, I still think your ride is hot, speckled with paint or not

Quick Reply: BBQ (cookout) Meet in March-MD/DC/VA/PA/NJ March 25th