Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here is the break down of cost for me only:

What we paid for:
Food
Sodas
park reservation, 2 enclosures
grilling supplies
trophies
...and many other random things(ice, utensils, trash bags...etc).

I've invested hours upon hours into this meet, not to mention nearly $600, thats a lot of coin, i'll be lucky to break even to be honest...but i am willing to take that risk. if i lose out $20-$50 no big.

hope u can see we need everyone to pay or we lose money...for me alone to break even i need 60 cars to pay $10 or 120 to pay $5 or a combo of the 2. Is that gonna happen? maybe, this is why i need everyone to contribute

thanks for ur understanding...again, i have absolutely no problem just showing up with my $5 and not be a planner...this means no fronting $600, getting up ass early on a saturday to get to the site setup, no managing tasks. i get to show up anytime i want and have fun
Old 03-16-2006, 05:32 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, either way...I'll be there. When Troy was talking about this BBQ at out last meet about 2 months ago, it sounded like a great idea. I think it is just coincidence that it fell on the same day as some other meets. Hope to see everyone out there.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by civicexcoupeman
Remember guys this is a expensive meet and we are just trying to earn back what we put into it and not profit from it
Here's a word of caution for next time: Make sure your effort is wanted before you go and invest so much of your personal time and money into this. No one asked you to do so, you just went and did it. I don't mind paying my $5, but only if its going to things like a reservation fee.

I and others on this board weren't looking forward to DJs, tents, prizes, and all these other things that, yes, cost money. So, be careful when 'combining meets' to make sure everyone is on the same page, because I feel like we weren't. Then people join this board and start telling us how they're going to be charging us admission. I hope you can see how this got distorted. I certainly wouldn't join your board and start by saying 'pay me $5 to get in', you'd prolly get 'bent out of shape' too.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Reach
Here's a word of caution for next time: Make sure your effort is wanted before you go and invest so much of your personal time and money into this. No one asked you to do so, you just went and did it. I don't mind paying my $5, but only if its going to things like a reservation fee.

I and others on this board weren't looking forward to DJs, tents, prizes, and all these other things that, yes, cost money. So, be careful when 'combining meets' to make sure everyone is on the same page, because I feel like we weren't. Then people join this board and start telling us how they're going to be charging us admission. I hope you can see how this got distorted. I certainly wouldn't join your board and start by saying 'pay me $5 to get in', you'd prolly get 'bent out of shape' too.

yes I see where you are coming from, the reason we are having different prices is just for this reason: if you do not feel like being in a car show. You would have had to pay the money anyways because I'm sure as hell not putting up $110 x 2 and I know none of the organizers were either.

You guys are only 20 or so of the 70-80 cars coming, and there is lots of interest for a car show. I threw it out there, people bit on it, so I got the wheels turning. (no pun intended)

I don't even really consider it a car show to be honest...we were all going to come, bring our cars, and kick around what we did to our cars, give opinions on what we liked, and what we didn't care for. Everyone was going to shine up their wheels, make their babies look pretty for the meet anyways, why not award people for their efforts?

I broke down the awards so that everyone could be included, stock, mild wild. Stock for those of you that just don't feel modding cars as much as the next, mild for those of us that like to put on suspensions, exhausts, and stereos, maybe a lip kit/body kit, and wild for those of us that go all out

I even have a performance award for those of you that are not into the fluff, and like straight HP. I dunno, I mean like people say, you can't please everyone, but I think I've gone above and beyond to have everyone be included.

well anyways, sorry for any confusion, I guess the combination of meets did cause it...jon and I have been talking for weeks getting this together. Everyone is going to have fun, get fat, and see nice cars...what more can you ask for
Old 03-16-2006, 09:56 AM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool $5 Fee

$5 is reasonable now that we all think about it. But I'm not familar with the park that you reserved. Hopefully there's just 1 or 2 entrance's into where everyone will be and hopefully it can fit more than 100 cars easily, bc otherwise people will park nearby and just walk in. If your going to charge $5 then your going to need someone to constantly be at the "front gate" of the parking lot for the meet, bc then you won't know who gave $5 and who did. Plus, your going to need a stamp or something to stamp people's hands who gave you $5 so when they are up grabbing food ya'll will know who paid $5. Or you could just buy some real cheap roll of tear off tickets like you get at the fair or something and hand those out to all that paid. But I have a feeling with the huge amount of people coming it's going to get hectic within 1 hour or less. Hopefully this thing doesn't get anymore of a huge headache for you Jason, etc. bc it would be a crying same for the meet to be called off for a small little $5 bone fee per person. Where's LilTurbo if he's the main guy for this shin-dig?

If that did happen (canceling the meet that is) ... with ALLL the people that went so far out of their way there (scheduling installed parts to be on by then, moving around work schedules, gathering info., etc.) maybe there needs to be an emergency meet spot for the same day/time at a different location? (That decision will need to be made within the last couple days before the meet if this thing goes down the tube ... I only say this bc of that one post about someone getting pissed and mentioning the thought of calling this meet off that's been in the air for months now)
Old 03-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
I think we should just have the meet as planned. There doesn't seem to be to many people not wanting to pay and IMO $5 is more than reasonable. As long as everything is cool with the people that set up the meet then we should go ahead as scheduled. No talk of canceling the meet
Old 03-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by AcurasGhost
$5 is reasonable now that we all think about it. But I'm not familar with the park that you reserved. Hopefully there's just 1 or 2 entrance's into where everyone will be and hopefully it can fit more than 100 cars easily, bc otherwise people will park nearby and just walk in. If your going to charge $5 then your going to need someone to constantly be at the "front gate" of the parking lot for the meet, bc then you won't know who gave $5 and who did. Plus, your going to need a stamp or something to stamp people's hands who gave you $5 so when they are up grabbing food ya'll will know who paid $5. Or you could just buy some real cheap roll of tear off tickets like you get at the fair or something and hand those out to all that paid. But I have a feeling with the huge amount of people coming it's going to get hectic within 1 hour or less. Hopefully this thing doesn't get anymore of a huge headache for you Jason, etc. bc it would be a crying same for the meet to be called off for a small little $5 bone fee per person. Where's LilTurbo if he's the main guy for this shin-dig?

If that did happen (canceling the meet that is) ... with ALLL the people that went so far out of their way there (scheduling installed parts to be on by then, moving around work schedules, gathering info., etc.) maybe there needs to be an emergency meet spot for the same day/time at a different location? (That decision will need to be made within the last couple days before the meet if this thing goes down the tube ... I only say this bc of that one post about someone getting pissed and mentioning the thought of calling this meet off that's been in the air for months now)
I am in this if you all are, bottom line. I have really went out of my way to get this together and to be honest, I'm having fun doing this...so do not worry about it being cancelled.

We already have all these details about tickets/stamps, pointing people, parking, making signs etc ironed out...this is what I mean about planning this. There is a lot that goes on that you guys are not aware of, however, it does need to happen. Anyone that is a planner has their TO DO list, I am monitoring this on a daily basis so that if someone slacks, I'll pick it up. Everything will get done, no worries.

Please trust me when I say, this is going to go as smooth and painless as it can be. It may be hectic when everyone shows up, but once we get parking pointed out and all, we will be golden. All organizers are there bright and early to stake claim on parking, the more that can make it there earlier, the better since the park people said its first come first serve. If we are first, no one can stop us haha
Old 03-16-2006, 10:41 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jason2713
I am in this if you all are, bottom line. I have really went out of my way to get this together and to be honest, I'm having fun doing this...so do not worry about it being cancelled.

We already have all these details about tickets/stamps, pointing people, parking, making signs etc ironed out...this is what I mean about planning this. There is a lot that goes on that you guys are not aware of, however, it does need to happen. Anyone that is a planner has their TO DO list, I am monitoring this on a daily basis so that if someone slacks, I'll pick it up. Everything will get done, no worries.

Please trust me when I say, this is going to go as smooth and painless as it can be. It may be hectic when everyone shows up, but once we get parking pointed out and all, we will be golden. All organizers are there bright and early to stake claim on parking, the more that can make it there earlier, the better since the park people said its first come first serve. If we are first, no one can stop us haha
Come on guys lets make this work. Jason has been going out of his way to help out with the meet. Yes money was not planned before. Yes some of the events were added. But all this took time and money and you guys have to understand that. NO other forum is having this problem.

This is my meet you guys joined it at first me and lil_turbo had similar plans a BBQ and just to meet ppl and talk.

But the way its set up it will be better for every1. You wouldnt believe how many ppl i have interested in the Show. Im going on the the other forums and have like 5-10 PM's about it

5$ isnt much. Too much was invested into this meet to see part of it being this forum going into such arguement. Lets stop this arguement and come to a understanding everything took time and money to plan and stuff has already been done to have this meet go smoothly.

If anyone wants to contact me contact me and discuss on AIM: lacrossedude1800

I truly hope this is the end of this arguement or rants going on about this meet. I hope every1 will come thier next Saterday and enjoy themselves.

Also if you still have a problem with the meet having so many events or costing money u dont need to come its as simple as that. We dont have time to fuck around begging you to give the money. Remember only you guys which are a really small part of the overall meet. And again no one else is having a problem with this beside you guys

All the staff members want to do is break even-get back what they put into the meet thats all.
I have been planning this meet for 3-4 months and its been driving me crazy

Again plz plz stop this ish going on and lets make this meet go smooth for every1's sake

Last edited by civicexcoupeman; 03-16-2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:53 AM
Registered abuser

Drama Drama Drama.....it is this simple, $5.

For the people that say they are coming for the meet and not the food, I call your bluff. People said that at the last AcuraZine meet in Fairfax, VA at some park. Then there was the same issue with the CapitalRSX meet in Gaithersburg at Seneca Creek State park, People come, and then just ate because it is free to them.

Paying $5 reduces the liability of people not paying, eating freely and having nothing to worry about including the organizers
Old 03-16-2006, 11:58 AM
SOLOCG

Hopefully everything is explained now, let's just focus on this event and what is needed to make it successful and fun.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:58 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by iobidder

For the people that say they are coming for the meet and not the food, I call your bluff. People said that at the last AcuraZine meet in Fairfax, VA at some park. Then there was the same issue with the CapitalRSX meet in Gaithersburg at Seneca Creek State park, People come, and then just ate because it is free to them.

Paying $5 reduces the liability of people not paying, eating freely and having nothing to worry about including the organizers
exactly. Come on all this becuase of 5$ it just shows immaturity..
Old 03-16-2006, 12:57 PM
98EXL, v2.0.1.33

don't know if there are already plans, but are there any meeing points setup for people to cruise with others to the meet?
Old 03-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Senior Moderator

If you still haven't figured it out, its not the money, its the methodology. Please stop trying to call me or others immature and realize that the little heartache is over the change of format for the event. Next time BE CLEAR FROM THE OUTSET to avoid such problems.

$5 is no problem for anyone. I'm sure its going to be a great time.

So, who's got something new they're going to show off next Saturday? I'll have some little changes ready myself.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by iobidder

TWERD! Plus if we get get some women, maybe some tig ole bitties will be there, meh...

i just hope the weather holds up, its nice out today, lil windy, lil chilly, but I'd take it

Hotdogs, hamburgers, pasta salad, and sodas are on the menu. Be ready, and come with an appetite! I'm buying MAD food.

Make sure if you are in the show (that is a big "IF" around these parts!) you are there between 10:30am-12pm so that we get your all registered and parked. I want the judging to start around 1:30-2:00pm, we have 3 gracious judges with a couple alternates. Remember, the earlier you get there, the more parking we claim
Old 03-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Advanced

If you still haven't figured it out, its not the money, its the methodology. Please stop trying to call me or others immature and realize that the little heartache is over the change of format for the event. Next time BE CLEAR FROM THE OUTSET to avoid such problems.

So, who's got something new they're going to show off next Saturday? I'll have some little changes ready myself.
I do, I do!!

I'm putting on new 20" Wheels, my paint is being done with a new front bumper (im finishing this this friday)...I am painting under my hood, adding a Rotora Big Brake Kit and rear Rotora slotted rotors.

I'm not sure if my screens will be ready, but eventually I am adding 2x 10.4 LCD screen in my trunk lid, they are getting fiberglassed in. We have the initial molding done, my stupid car has been in paint for 2 weeks, so we want to make sure the trunk will shut with it in or its all for waste, so we have to hold off finalizing the fiberglassing.

All in all though, you guys will be the first to see my car minus the LCD screens I hope everyone likes it!
Old 03-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 98EXL
don't know if there are already plans, but are there any meeing points setup for people to cruise with others to the meet?

I'm coming from BMORE, so anyone interested in meeting, im in the heart of downtown 10mins from 95 (almost straight shot down MLK BLVD)

if anyone wants to meet up, that's cool, but im getting there mad early to start setting up. let me know, hit me up on AIM PimpDaddyJJ2713 or through email jason.townsend27@gmail.com

IM SO DAMN EXCITED!
Old 03-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Racer

Look if its going to be a problem paying 5 bucks then don't come, I could f*cking care less!!! I just wanted this to be a big meet, since its so much bitching going on, this will be my last planned event! I can't take this shit nomore, Im 23 years old, and I got better shit to do, then argue about paying some money!!! Im already putting up between 50 and 60 bucks, just for most of yall to have a great time, Im not going to do dat shit no more! So yall can either pay 5 bucks for food and chill, or if you enter the show pay 10, its that simple, the people that are helping me plan this are quality people! Im a short tempered person, and I will speak my mind and I don't give a shit who you are, thats how I am, so you either deal with it and shut da f*ck up talkin dat bullshit, or yall ass dont need to show up! Im not talking to everybody, but just the ones that are whinning about it! I already kept the cops away! I ask my dad for a big favor and he came through for me, if yall dont' know who he is, he is a (Chief of Police), so I got dat shit on lock! Now can we just all be happy, and turn this meet into the best meet ever!!!
Old 03-16-2006, 01:19 PM
T&S Customizing

$5.00 to eat dude this is nothing how much is food from Burger King, Wendy's, Micky D's?

To Show another Extra $5.00! You all smoking crack try and show for $5.00 at a local small car show because your not going to find any for that price I know because I been showing for 6 years now from T-Dot Canada all the way down to Atlanta GA.

I'm making it out and the next day I have to fly out first thing in the mrng to LA, Cali.

Last edited by phatintegra; 03-16-2006 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:22 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by lil_turbo4
Look if its going to be a problem paying 5 bucks then don't come, I could f*cking care less!!! I just wanted this to be a big meet, since its so much bitching going on, this will be my last planned event! I can't take this shit nomore, Im 23 years old, and I got better shit to do, then argue about paying some money!!! Im already putting up between 50 and 60 bucks, just for most of yall to have a great time, Im not going to do dat shit no more! So yall can either pay 5 bucks for food and chill, or if you enter the show pay 10, its that simple, the people that are helping me plan this are quality people! Im a short tempered person, and I will speak my mind and I don't give a shit who you are, thats how I am, so you either deal with it and shut da f*ck up talkin dat bullshit, or yall ass dont need to show up! Im not talking to everybody, but just the ones that are whinning about it! I already kept the cops away! I ask my dad for a big favor and he came through for me, if yall dont' know who he is, he is a (Chief of Police), so I got dat shit on lock! Now can we just all be happy, and turn this meet into the best meet ever!!!
Good man i didnt know your take on this. I mean 5$ isnt much. Also this shit over previous plans and paying 5$. Do u understand when u plan events things change? If you were to be planning the same meet u had for several years with no change theirs another thing. But to plan a fresh new meet is hard stressful and is time consuming not to mention costs money. If yall dont want to pay dont bother showing i dont even want to f*cken see ppl who act like that. In summary all the staff planning this meet had 1 idea in mind. Make this the best god damn meet this summer and maybe try to get lots of ppl.

Now as for meeting i think you guys should set up a meeting place u meet up at then all head out to the park so u all pull in at once. I mean im thinking to setup parking by forum. Dont you guys want to pull in with your crew

or would u guys want to be seperated by make/model and park with let say other TL's

This is going to be a good meet regardless of this shit brought up here. Plz come and enjoy what the staff have been spending time planing

thank you

-Jonathan
Old 03-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Registered abuser

I don't know if the immaturity thing was directed at me, but I did not call you or anyone immature.

Bottom line, this was turned into a cluster of crap that managed to work it self out with a bottom line. The bottom line is simple, pay $5 eat all you want. If you don't don't intend on paying don't come. no one is twisting your arm here (not directed at Reach). If it is not about the money, then why in the world are people still complaining?????

This is pretty cut and dry!
Old 03-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
yayyyy =D

I'll be contributing 20 dollars when I get there O_O. XD

Hmm, I'll be presenting something new on my car too, a nice scratch on my front bumper -_____-;; *seeks new lip* =D
Old 03-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Nah, io, I just felt some animosity from civicex.

Guys, it would be great if we could park by make/model. Try to find your cars there and line 'em up!
Old 03-16-2006, 02:46 PM
98EXL, v2.0.1.33

why am I not getting instant email notification, WTF?

WTF, now it works.....parking by make/model....the twins be parked together again, HA!
Old 03-16-2006, 02:52 PM
SOLOCG

I will be the lone 6th gen accord hopefully my boost 6th gen friend makes it.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:53 PM
98EXL, v2.0.1.33

Originally Posted by telele
I will be the lone 6th gen accord hopefully my boost 6th gen friend makes it.

hey now Dre, the Silver Accord Club will have to be together....same make and model
Old 03-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Registered abuser

Guys, it would be great if we could park by make/model. Try to find your cars there and line 'em up!
So all the USDM "H's" together and all the "A's" together....hahaha
Old 03-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
yayyyy =D

I'll be contributing 20 dollars when I get there O_O. XD

Hmm, I'll be presenting something new on my car too, a nice scratch on my front bumper -_____-;; *seeks new lip* =D

my friend is a body shop owner, he's real good, doing my paint right now. If you want, talk to me at the meet, ill take pix of the damage and get an estimate for u...its up to you
Old 03-16-2006, 05:06 PM
two miles an hour

Originally Posted by lil_turbo4
I already kept the cops away! I ask my dad for a big favor and he came through for me, if yall dont' know who he is, he is a (Chief of Police), so I got dat shit on lock!

No moco police oh hell yea im down with that been pressed out by them more than pg police

you can definetly count on my 5 jus cuz of that alone
Old 03-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking Sounds Good

Everything sounds like its going to work out. I'm not worried. I just can't wait to see some TL's so I have a good idea what I need to do before the Mega Meet!
Old 03-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by kcblack02tl-s
No moco police oh hell yea im down with that been pressed out by them more than pg police

you can definetly count on my 5 jus cuz of that alone
dang you have konig unknows, i just bought them and got them tuesday..they going on the whip for this meet
Old 03-16-2006, 05:55 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i like that idea. in the past, we've listed make and model next to ppl's screen name on the list so that we'd know who to look out for when we finally got there. it'd probably make it easier for the parking directors to figure out how many spaced they'd need to allocate!

Old 03-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Installer @ Tweeter!

Hey Kiran, Are we cruising before? I'm still down.........this is going to be great! by the way get at me I have alot of prices on stuff PM me your e-mail i found out some stuff......I've juss been busy with work!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:47 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkTypeS
Hey Kiran, Are we cruising before? I'm still down.........this is going to be great! by the way get at me I have alot of prices on stuff PM me your e-mail i found out some stuff......I've juss been busy with work!

I think if Jason/Dre/Troy need anymore help that day, I'll cruise up early to help them out.

Other than that, Cabin John's liek 10 mins from us so we'll probably cruise after Cabin John. This way we'll be in numbers

But if you want to meet up, I think outside of you, there maybe a few more coming out of SoMoCo so let us know if you this post!
Old 03-16-2006, 08:37 PM
SOLOCG

Originally Posted by Malayalee King
I think if Jason/Dre/Troy need anymore help that day, I'll cruise up early to help them out.

Other than that, Cabin John's liek 10 mins from us so we'll probably cruise after Cabin John. This way we'll be in numbers

But if you want to meet up, I think outside of you, there maybe a few more coming out of SoMoCo so let us know if you this post!

Sure dude I'm sure we would need your help, hope to see you there with troy.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
my friend is a body shop owner, he's real good, doing my paint right now. If you want, talk to me at the meet, ill take pix of the damage and get an estimate for u...its up to you

Sounds good, see you at the meet. =)
Old 03-16-2006, 09:49 PM
two miles an hour

dang you have konig unknows, i just bought them and got them tuesday..they going on the whip for this meet
ha were gonna be twins at this meet
Old 03-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Registered abuser

I will be there early too, but I really want to go to the Subaru meet in VA too
Old 03-16-2006, 10:40 PM
10th Gear

Ye i will be at the meet early too Me,Jason,telele, Phatintegra,iobidder, olr so will be their early to set up...
Old 03-16-2006, 10:49 PM
10th Gear

Didnt mean any animosity srry.
I just want this meet that every1 has invested time and money to go well. After all ive been planning this for 3 months I truly hope it goes well...Im glad we could come to a concensus about the meet.

Now its time for every1 to come and enjoy the meet. And for us staff/planners lay back and appreciate what long nights and hours of time as well as money put into it paid off to make this one hell of a sweet meet

-Jonathan
Old 03-17-2006, 07:23 AM
T&S Customizing

Should I bring the Teg, MDX my mom 3.5RL, sister Legend and my other sister TSX? (thinking, thinking, thinking....),.......................you all might get upset with me, lol

Quick Reply: BBQ (cookout) Meet in March-MD/DC/VA/PA/NJ March 25th