BBQ (cookout) Meet in March-MD/DC/VA/PA/NJ March 25th

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 07:25 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iobidder
I will be there early too, but I really want to go to the Subaru meet in VA too
a few of us are going to meet there this saturday (March 18) to scope the park out since I've never been there. Anyone is welcome to come help if you want, we will be there at 1pm. We are then going to costco to buy the food.

PM me or get at me on AIM if interested: PimpDaddyJJ2713
Old 03-17-2006, 07:32 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by phatintegra
Should I bring the Teg, MDX my mom 3.5RL, sister Legend and my other sister TSX? (thinking, thinking, thinking....),.......................you all might get upset with me, lol

i'd be upset if you didn't bring them all
Old 03-17-2006, 08:25 AM
Racer

I hope TOO SEE EVERYBODY THERE, but I have to say R.I.P. to Dwight's blue TL Type S!!! Yo we need to cheer that man up! He hasn't had his car in like 3 months.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Racer

For some of yall that don't know, Dwight got in a car accident back in I think it was Decemeber from an Ice storm. Hes sad everyday for not having his car back!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:28 AM
Racer

You can go, just come mad early, set up and bounce, I know some people are doing that and then go to the meet since it starts at 11am, stay for couple hours and come back!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:39 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by lil_turbo4
I hope TOO SEE EVERYBODY THERE, but I have to say R.I.P. to Dwight's blue TL Type S!!! Yo we need to cheer that man up! He hasn't had his car in like 3 months.
Ye man ill see u at the meet. Glad we could settle the aguements about the meet on this and that your okay with what me and Jason came up with for the meets events ETC.

If not hit me up man
Old 03-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Racer

Also I have some great news!!! For yall that really dont know me, and wondering what LIL TURBO4 stands for............ Well I me and my Brother have a 95' Toyota Corrolla Turbocharged! The 4 stands for 4 cylinders. The turbo has finally been tuned and the car is ready now we are just waiting for this new hood to go on so we can take it! Before the turbo was tuned and some other gadgets and add on, the last run this car had was 524whp @25psi we also ran a 10.88 at the track in the 1/4mile, it is the ultmate sleeper!!! I cant wait to get that baby back!!! Its been along time coming, alot of money was invested in that thing! Now Im sure yall are wondering why in the hell would he turbocharge a damn Corrolla, well for the simple fact, that , me and my brother are tired of seeing srt-4s, EVos, and Mustangs! These cars already come with alot of hp and its more easy to hook up, I like hooking up cars that people would laugh at and be like dat shit looks slow, or that shit is slow, and then be a different story, when I smoke they ass! One thing to remember, Never, and I mean Never Judge a car because it looks like a piece of junk or call it slow, because that shit might be a sleeper for real.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
For some of yall that don't know, Dwight got in a car accident back in I think it was Decemeber from an Ice storm. Hes sad everyday for not having his car back!
Damn...his car is still in the shop? I didn't think he did that much damage to it.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:26 AM
10th Gear

I cant wait to see every1 with their rides at the meet. Im sure every1 will have a awesome time.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:27 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Damn...his car is still in the shop? I didn't think he did that much damage to it.
insurance has been real slow about paying the body shop and what not

def sux.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:28 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Also I have some great news!!! For yall that really dont know me, and wondering what LIL TURBO4 stands for............ Well I me and my Brother have a 95' Toyota Corrolla Turbocharged! The 4 stands for 4 cylinders. The turbo has finally been tuned and the car is ready now we are just waiting for this new hood to go on so we can take it! Before the turbo was tuned and some other gadgets and add on, the last run this car had was 524whp @25psi we also ran a 10.88 at the track in the 1/4mile, it is the ultmate sleeper!!! I cant wait to get that baby back!!! Its been along time coming, alot of money was invested in that thing! Now Im sure yall are wondering why in the hell would he turbocharge a damn Corrolla, well for the simple fact, that , me and my brother are tired of seeing srt-4s, EVos, and Mustangs! These cars already come with alot of hp and its more easy to hook up, I like hooking up cars that people would laugh at and be like dat shit looks slow, or that shit is slow, and then be a different story, when I smoke they ass! One thing to remember, Never, and I mean Never Judge a car because it looks like a piece of junk or call it slow, because that shit might be a sleeper for real.

still not official
Old 03-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question Meet Spot For Rockville-Bethesda Peoples?

Does anyone want to meet up at like Old Navy on 355 before rolling to the meet? I was thinking of going to the S2k meet in VA (at like 11ish) before the TL meet since that's at 2pm, but I dont know. Let me know if anyone wants to do either ^^^ . 1.

PM me please.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:03 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by AcurasGhost
Does anyone want to meet up at like Old Navy on 355 before rolling to the meet? I was thinking of going to the S2k meet in VA (at like 11ish) before the TL meet since that's at 2pm, but I dont know. Let me know if anyone wants to do either ^^^ . 1.

PM me please.
Ima be at the park early that day for planning and setup. But Im going to be at Montrose Crossing today
Old 03-17-2006, 10:08 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah I plan on heading out early to make the meet at Mach V as well. A lot of my friends will be there and it's always a decent time. I was gonna dyno there but slept on getting my name on the list and they filled all the slots.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:58 AM
98EXL, v2.0.1.33

dude, since I don't have shit to do next weekendwhy don't we get up early and do an intense day of meets?
Old 03-17-2006, 12:04 PM
SOLOCG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn I was talking to him about that I thought they were gonna fix it, it sucks I know you really loved that car and had plans for it. Troy I want to see that 95' Toyota Corrolla sounds crazy
Old 03-19-2006, 03:27 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
ok... guess who's the dumbass that showed up yesterday thinking the meet was yesterday???

<----------------------------------------this dumbass!
Old 03-19-2006, 03:33 PM
9th Gear

I just found out abt this me. Where arewe exactly meeting and what time????
Old 03-19-2006, 05:13 PM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vtecin
I just found out abt this me. Where arewe exactly meeting and what time????

Damn bro, you're just asking to get
Old 03-19-2006, 05:15 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by kennyc
ok... guess who's the dumbass that showed up yesterday thinking the meet was yesterday???

Don't worry bro, you're probably not the only one
Old 03-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Well, I just wanted to let you all know...
https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/cleaning-133396/

I'll still be at the meet, but my car may not be in the best shape. I am going to my body shop tomorrow to see what they can do for me. See ya'll at the meet...with my busted up ride!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 08:04 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by snowman81
Well, I just wanted to let you all know...
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133396

I'll still be at the meet, but my car may not be in the best shape. I am going to my body shop tomorrow to see what they can do for me. See ya'll at the meet...with my busted up ride!!!
Wow J, sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident. Looks like you're going to need some hood and bumper work done. I know you take good care of your car and seeing it like this must be killing you right now. Last year some chick rear ended me at a stoplight while I was on my way to work, so I know how you feel. Best of luck on the repairs. Glad to see you're still coming to the meet
Old 03-20-2006, 01:04 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Originally Posted by kennyc

now that ppl is dedication
Old 03-20-2006, 07:46 AM
lilvinnyb

Availability!

This sounds like nothing but fun. My car is heading to the shop today for the Ron Jon Kit install. Im actually taking it in about 2 hours.

I'm not anticipating being ready by Saturday so I will probably see most of you April 1.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
Wow J, sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident. Looks like you're going to need some hood and bumper work done. I know you take good care of your car and seeing it like this must be killing you right now. Last year some chick rear ended me at a stoplight while I was on my way to work, so I know how you feel. Best of luck on the repairs. Glad to see you're still coming to the meet
Yeah, I wanted to cry. And it does kill me to see it like that...but hopefully it will be fixed soon. How much damage was done to your car when you got rear ended? I was contemplating not coming to the meet but it's gonna be to much fun and even though my car may not be in the best shape...I can check everyone elses out.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:36 AM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by lilvinnyb
This sounds like nothing but fun. My car is heading to the shop today for the Ron Jon Kit install. Im actually taking it in about 2 hours.

I'm not anticipating being ready by Saturday so I will probably see most of you April 1.
Vinny, you already have the rims and the system, and the kit is going on today. I would think that you'd be more than ready
Old 03-20-2006, 08:43 AM
アキュラ 力

Yeah, I wanted to cry. And it does kill me to see it like that...but hopefully it will be fixed soon. How much damage was done to your car when you got rear ended? I was contemplating not coming to the meet but it's gonna be to much fun and even though my car may not be in the best shape...I can check everyone elses out.
Jeff, you should still go. I showed up a couple meets ago with the aforementioned damage to my bumper and people, people were really cool and supportive about it The girl, who was driving a Jeep Cherokee, rear ended me from a standing stop . The impactleft an imprint of her license plate in my bumper as well as some other damages caused by some of the internal structures amost protruding through the bumper. The damage to my rear bumper didn't look all that bad in person, but it was enough warrant the replacement of my entire bumper. The repair ran about 600 bucks for parts and labor since they also had to repaint my bodykit.

Last edited by JPTL-S; 03-20-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Jeff, you should still go. I showed up a couple meets ago with the aforementioned damage to my bumper and people, people were really cool and supportive about it The girl, who was driving a Jeep Cherokee, rear ended me from a standing stop . The impactleft an imprint of her license plate in my bumper as well as some other damages caused by some of the internal structures amost protruding through the bumper. The damage to my rear bumper didn't look all that bad in person, but it was enough warrant the replacement of my entire bumper. The repair ran about 600 bucks for parts and labor since they also had to repaint my bodykit.
I'll still be there. Sounds like you had quite a but of damage. $600 doesn't sound to bad considering they had to repaint your bodykit to. I am assuming just the rear though, right? I am hoping to have my whole body kit and rear bumper repainted while it's in the shop for the other work. Get it all done at once.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:58 AM
アキュラ 力

I'll still be there. Sounds like you had quite a but of damage. $600 doesn't sound to bad considering they had to repaint your bodykit to. I am assuming just the rear though, right? I am hoping to have my whole body kit and rear bumper repainted while it's in the shop for the other work. Get it all done at once.
PM sent yo
Old 03-20-2006, 11:52 AM
lilvinnyb

I'm assuming it will take about 1 - 2 weeks for proper installation (fitment, painting, etc). One TL'r I PM'ed said it took about 1 1/2 weeks for his install.
Personally, if s shop owner said 2 - 3 days, i'd be suspicious.

Vinny, you already have the rims and the system, and the kit is going on today. I would think that you'd be more than ready
Old 03-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

I'm assuming it will take about 1 - 2 weeks for proper installation (fitment, painting, etc). One TL'r I PM'ed said it took about 1 1/2 weeks for his install.
Really, I mean I can see the paint taking a while but the install should be pretty straight forward, right? Is there anything custom about it? If so I could see that being an issue but I wouldn't see what they couldn't paint it in 2 days and install it on the 3rd.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Racer

WHAT? You should be suspicious from 1-2 weeks, not 2-3 days! I just got my girl's bodykit put on our 240sx, and it took 3-4 days, and it just looks sick!!! The bodyshop that did my girls, did a great job! Anybody that has a kit, I recommend going to them, just perfect! My boy's dad works at the shop, so we got a great deal on everything! Pics will be up soon to show you, or you can see it yourself saturday! Now all we need to do is get that engine swap(RB25det) and a front mount and we good!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Racer

Also, Im reserving hotel rooms for (Snowman81 and 240cls) let me know, if anybody else is going to need a hotel room to spend the night!
Old 03-20-2006, 02:19 PM
SOLOCG

Looking forward to this event should be fun.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:31 PM
アキュラ 力

Wow, that's quite a long time! When I had my accident, it took the shop approximately 4 days to complete the job which required the removal of the old bumper, and then prep, priming, painting, and clear coating of the new bumper. In addition, if I wanted them too, I could have had them do the front bumper while they were at it within the same turnaround time. Hopefully they gave you a one time quote for the whole job because they might try to stick it to you if they gave you an hourly rate with an estimated time. Well good luck with the install and we will definitely see you in April
Old 03-20-2006, 05:49 PM
SOLOCG

Here is an updated roster...

www.clubrsx.com :
1. ByronS aV6
2. mdRSX06
3. bjelder
4. VaFinestRSX
5. HondaGuy1122
6. fventura03
7. CannibalCow
8. echeung626 +++
9. seanpurcel +++
10.LitUpRSX +++

www.acurazine.com :
1.lil_turbo4- black CLS 6sp +4
2.Mrs_lil_turbo4-240sx
3.Malayalee king-blue TL
4.Snowman81
5.kcblack02tl-s- +1
6.Tsx.Fury
7.JPTL-S
8.VWNOWHONDA
9.Mulk
10.EuRTSX
11. julyccc
12.sliptones629
13.Clean AC
14.BlkTypeS
15.Reach- TSX +1
16.leedogg
17.JDM5lugHatch
18.240CLS
19.jpt
20.DC_TSX
21.dreamdtt2000
22.tl_badboy96
23.DJBLAST- Maybe

www.d-series.org :
1. vxcoastie-100% coming bringing turbo VX
2. mferrari
3. lilred-Not coming
4. snoopy006-is going to be their
5. BigTuna
6. DpoweredEF
7.excrx940-3 cars and 3 ppl
8. remoer-Just moved so if he get his shit in line he will come from ATL for this meet if not he's not coming

[www.mdstreetscene.com :
1.civicEXcoupeman-will bring maybe 5 ppl
2.civicsi94
3.j3pz (maybe)
4.xblazer01
5. mattslilchevygrl-bring 2-3 other cars
6. gotariceburner-
7. strickensix
8. Ten94Tuner
9.scrappys64-> be their with 3-4 cars
10. DAman
11. SEntRaman
12. jayunsplanet
13. jagblazer01
14. 2.slow4u-maybe
15. Cazper-probually will come with his Sentra SE-R needs work wont be in the show
15. skylizzlefoshizzle-maybe 1994 R32 Skyline-still need to ask him to come
16. Veedub
17. HazardousPhotography
a few other ppl maybe not listed

www.bwimports.org :
1. schmitty8402
2. 98EXL
3. Raddy21
4. blk2001tlon19s
5. av6vtec1
6. telele
7. NwTnr7383
8. Hyeone
9. ThugedoutMex2003
10.Iobidder
11.CivicKyd +1 Sylon03 from importvelocity.org
12.RMRF23

www.Dragva.com

1. JLUDE
2. Jason300zxTT
3. fventura03
4. Hondasi88
5. suadi's gto
6. 1slohatch + few STI's EVO's & SRT 4'S
7. 1quickcoupe

www. / www.tuner-junction.com
As well as these ppl might come
1. hobie237-One of the staff but isnt sure still if he's coming will tell me Sunday
2. yellowrexsi-has work wont be their

www.civicclub.com
1. smbundy-might bring 2 other ppl
2. bmxr8cr-maybe come with 3 friends
Old 03-20-2006, 05:58 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Also, Im reserving hotel rooms for (Snowman81 and 240cls) let me know, if anybody else is going to need a hotel room to spend the night!
I appreciate you doing that for me. I know tlbadboy96 planned on coming up to. I'll talk to him and see if he needs a room or not. I'll have him PM you. Thanks again bro.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:16 PM
SOLOCG

Yes I can get very low discounts at any type of marriott hotels so if anyone needs rooms just let me or troy know.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Advanced

Our ever so shrinking list of TO DO's:

Jon - civicexcoupeman
1) Signs directing people
2) coolers for drinks food - DONE
3) grills (charcoal + ligher fluid) - DONE
4) food - remember to ask about packets of condements
5) folding chairs (if you have em) and folding table - DONE
6) friends - DONE

Dre - telele
1) Car Show Registration forms - DONE
2) Slips to put in car windshields - DONE
3) food - hot dogs/hamburgers
4) Judges - PhatIntegra, DRE, and IoBidder (please be there 8:30am) - DONE
5) friends - DONE

Eric - civicsi94
1) condements (ketchup, mustard, mayo)
2) utensils (plates, napkins, forks)
3) anything else you can think of that you'd be involved with (email me)
4) food (hotdogs/hamburgers)
5) friends - DONE

Me- Jason2713
1) reservations - DONE
2) trophies - DONE
3) grilling utensils - I have one set, anyone else have any? bring em - DONE
4) folding table/chairs - DONE
5) grill - DONE
6) food (hotdogs/hamburgers, salads)
7) sodas
8) friends - DONE

Troy - lil_turbo
1) food (hot dogs/hamburgers)
2) utensils (forks, spoons, knives)
3) plates
4) napkins
5) sodas
6) friends - DONE

Other than signs and food, this is a all systems go. I'm waiting until Wednesday or Thursday to make a costco run. Just keeping everyone up to date
Old 03-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy Forgot Me !!!

Someone's forget me on the roster list!
I own 2 TL's - '98 TL and '06 TL

Quick Reply: BBQ (cookout) Meet in March-MD/DC/VA/PA/NJ March 25th