BBQ (cookout) Meet in March-MD/DC/VA/PA/NJ March 25th

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 09:25 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by xtin
do they already have the design so I can just walk in and order some or do I need to bring them a copy?

i believe we'd have to bring them a copy.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jason2713
haha, thanks girl, im glad you all had a great time, I want copies of your pictures!

I appreciated all the people that did not give me issues about the nominal fee...you are welcome to any meet I organize which will be sometime this summer
I posted some in the photography section.

Seriously, what is 5 dollars when you are driving a 35k car? I spent 5 dollars on two glasses on OJ at IHOP this morning!

hah, awesome meet. We should do mini meets more often.

The IKEA parking lot would be good too..always a ton of space there with no cars ...LOT E !
Old 03-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Advanced

I thought you did a GREAT job. You were very nice and I appreciate all your work in this meet. I didnt eat a thing (neither did the two other people with me) but we still paid our 15 dollars just to hang out and support the cause.

NOW, WHERE CAN I GET AN AZ STICKER???

and you were a true pleasure to meet, im sorry if you didnt get at least a hotdog like i did...that's right, I got a hotdog, that's it...but took it in stride and was just happy people showed! I am so glad you all had fun, and we will have more food next time so that everyone (even me!) gets fed
Old 03-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

and you were a true pleasure to meet, im sorry if you didnt get at least a hotdog like i did...that's right, I got a hotdog, that's it...but took it in stride and was just happy people showed! I am so glad you all had fun, and we will have more food next time so that everyone (even me!) gets fed
I dont eat meat so unless you are cooking up some veggies I will stick to the Diet Dr. Pepper and Ruffles Actually, I eat chicken sometimes but never red meat and WTF is a hot dog anyways? Do we REALLY want to know?

Did you get those pics? If you have AIM, I can send you a few more over there.

AIM: digitalxsecrets
Old 03-25-2006, 10:26 PM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blitz
I got there late. Missed a bunched of folks apparently. Saw the aftermath of that accident. Got teased on buying mods but not installing them. I'll try to get on it guys. JP, can you post up the info on the headlight clearing guy? I agree we should have some mini meets/mod meets. I have access to a lift and every tool you need. Something to think about. Maybe a mini meet could be an alternative for those who may not be attending the MEGA meet. I'm still undecided.
PM Sent Thx Blitz!
Old 03-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Advanced

I dont eat meat so unless you are cooking up some veggies I will stick to the Diet Dr. Pepper and Ruffles Actually, I eat chicken sometimes but never red meat and WTF is a hot dog anyways? Do we REALLY want to know?

Did you get those pics? If you have AIM, I can send you a few more over there.

AIM: digitalxsecrets

yeah i got the ones you put on that link...ill add your screen name though

thanks everyone for coming, i had a great time, the trophy presentation was good, people were surprised at some of the awards, some weren't...great times!

the next one will hopefully be bigger and better! All you with those BANGIN acuras in that row..please please please enter the car show next time you guys had the hotest cars there!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

yeah i got the ones you put on that link...ill add your screen name though

thanks everyone for coming, i had a great time, the trophy presentation was good, people were surprised at some of the awards, some weren't...great times!

the next one will hopefully be bigger and better! All you with those BANGIN acuras in that row..please please please enter the car show next time you guys had the hotest cars there!!!
Is there somewhere I can look to see who won what? I had to leave before the presentation. I would love to see pics and who won which award.

ANy of AZ.COM members take anything home?
Old 03-25-2006, 10:36 PM
Advanced

Is there somewhere I can look to see who won what? I had to leave before the presentation. I would love to see pics and who won which award.

ANy of AZ.COM members take anything home?

im not sure any of you entered, i asked and re asked but no one wanted to.....not sure if anyone from here won something...
Old 03-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Installer @ Tweeter!

Hey everybody, It was great meeting new faces and seeing a great turn out today. I agree with everybody else about Jason, he did a great job. Not only him but everyone who cordinated this event! I hope there will be another identical if not better meet in the upcoming future. The meet was great! Next meet if you guys need an extra hand, give me a buzz! Everybody who put this together good job! I left early but i was there until about 3ish but I had fun! Kiran thanks for the tire shine ! J.P nice wheels! I want them! Jason yo that Accord is cRaZy! everybody nice turn out! Catch you guys next time! Hopefully at the Mega Meet!

Elias- Sundance Gold Cl Guy
Old 03-25-2006, 11:43 PM
Intermediate

I posted some in the photography section.

Seriously, what is 5 dollars when you are driving a 35k car? I spent 5 dollars on two glasses on OJ at IHOP this morning!

hah, awesome meet. We should do mini meets more often.

The IKEA parking lot would be good too..always a ton of space there with no cars ...LOT E !

Yeah IKEA, or we can block traffic so everyone can get on the road at the same time, HAHAHA. That intersection at IHOP is the worst. The lights suck and so does the traffic. When it gets warmer im sure we can all work something out. Thanks again guys

randall
Old 03-26-2006, 12:46 AM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I guess I missed something. (probably for the better). People paid for the meet to hang out, no food, no car show? No opinion expressed here, just a question. And guys please don't take it out on each other.

As far as mini meets though I've had some ideas rolling around in my head for a minute.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:52 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
I just stopped by, a lot of people, had to go though =/

I just went to go see TSXFury's car. Then I left.

i was a at the meet =P But I did stay and stare at TSX.Fury's car the longest, then I took my leave.
Yeah I thought you guys did a great job. I also insisted to pay 10 bucks instead of 5, but you guys refused =/

Haha I remember you asking about the AZ stickers to TSX.Fury, I was standing right by his car -____-;;

Yeah I really want one of those stickers too =) Can we get someone to make em again =P
Thanks man Did I meet you? I forget... it gets so confusing with the real names and screen names.

And yeah, a mini meet sounds cool. Just PM me whenever.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:54 AM
アキュラ 力

Pics!!!

Here are some pics I snapped before and during the meet, enjoy!

Old 03-26-2006, 05:38 AM
Advanced

I guess I missed something. (probably for the better). People paid for the meet to hang out, no food, no car show? No opinion expressed here, just a question. And guys please don't take it out on each other.

As far as mini meets though I've had some ideas rolling around in my head for a minute.
yea you missed it, and good that you did, I did not want it to be a scene, but when you're an organizer, and you show up with 30 of your friends at 5-5:30pm, and not expect to pay when we've been through this, and then throw the "im an organizer" card, that's rediculous. Where have you been dog? I've been here since 8am. Not only that, what did troy truely do beside show with his friends?

Did he:
1) Rent the park or even call to make arrangements?
2) Buy the bulk of the food?
3) Man the gate to make sure everyone paid? (we all know he didnt do this haha)
4) Organize what each other organizer was doing?
5) Help set up?
6) Help period?

What did he do? Can anyone tell me? Am I being fair? He told me he told his dad not to have the cops come around. Well, the cops showed for the accident, maybe he whispered to them just leave us be and deal with this accident? Doubtful.

The food was a bonus, being there was what the $5 was for, it was not necessarily the food. We rented the grounds, to help with the costs of the thing its only fair if everyone paid. That's why I raised such an acception. Christ, I made and financed most of this, so I was merely trying to make back what I spent.

Regardless of whether you wanted the car show (which is why we had 2 prices, for those of you that were interested, and those of you that weren't) the price was simple. $5 to help pay for the rental fees, or $10 to help pay for the trophy fees. The food was there as an added bonus. We ended up with almost 300 hotdogs 300 hamburgers 250 sodas and 6 bags of chips, we are not a restaurant so the food was first come first serve, the fee was for eatting also, but to be honest, I could have done without all of it and just collected $5 from you all for the rental fee that I fronted We served food for almost 3 hours so it wasn't a lack of food.

My last question of the day, Troy, did you help clean up? Did you help with organzing the trophy celebration? Oh that's right, when it came down to get your hands dirty and do real organizer jobs, you came up empty boss. Thanks for everything baller, you were a real gem.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:41 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
nice pics JP!

i think you forgot to edit out the imprint of the volvo's license plate all over that impala

Last edited by Malayalee King; 03-26-2006 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:02 AM
SSM A-Spec

Damn! There was an accident! I should've stayed. Anyways, nice talking to everyone and I'll probably be down for the wax meet. My car f**kin needs it.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Installer @ Tweeter!

Nice pics JP!
Old 03-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Recently turned 18

Did anybody else get pics? I wanted to see that '95 Accord with the Slipstreams again. There were alot more cars than that too. One of these days I'll buy a digicam.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:05 AM
two miles an hour

Did anybody else get pics? I wanted to see that '95 Accord with the Slipstreams again. There were alot more cars than that too. One of these days I'll buy a digicam.
same here the camera phone just not cutting it anymore

yea sorry pg folks about the ihop location i didnt think we would have been 20 deep including the impallas
for the next meet we gotta do ikea i agree

it was cool see everybodys' ride in person lets me know what i gotta work on next
DROP my damn 4 X 4

hopefully ill be at the megameet to help represent acurazine
Old 03-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Doctor Sarcasm

the blue one?
Old 03-26-2006, 10:40 AM
アキュラ 力

the blue one?
Xtin, I believe it was a black Accord with black wheels, right blitz? Sorry guys, I didn't stray too far from the AZ crew. Therefore, pretty much all of my pictures were of Acuras.

Last edited by JPTL-S; 03-26-2006 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
Thanks man Did I meet you? I forget... it gets so confusing with the real names and screen names.

And yeah, a mini meet sounds cool. Just PM me whenever.

Lol, like I said I was a

I didn't really talk to anyone

I was the asian guy wearing all black and a blue hat hahaha, nice seeing your car though =)
Old 03-26-2006, 10:53 AM
アキュラ 力

Lol, like I said I was a

I didn't really talk to anyone

I was the asian guy wearing all black and a blue hat hahaha, nice seeing your car though =)
Ah I remember you, slightly tall in stature with glasses if I'm not mistaken?
Old 03-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
Ah I remember you, slightly tall in stature with glasses if I'm not mistaken?

Yep, that was me.

Couldn't really stay too long, so I just grabbed a soda, walked around a bit, then stayed at TSX.Fury's car, then left after about 20 minutes. Awesome meet though.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:57 AM
アキュラ 力

Yep, that was me.

Couldn't really stay too long, so I just grabbed a soda, walked around a bit, then stayed at TSX.Fury's car, then left after about 20 minutes. Awesome meet though.
Hope you got a chance to see Lito's TSX too
Old 03-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Team Owner

Which one was his?

Was his the Mugen White TSX?

I think I remember seeing the Red Honda Emblem, that kinda triggered my mind haha =)

His car is nice, but I think I got mesmerized by TSX.Fury's car -___-;

Last edited by EuRTSX; 03-26-2006 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:53 AM
アキュラ 力

Which one was his?

Was his the Mugen White TSX?

I think I remember seeing the Red Honda Emblem, that kinda triggered my mind haha =)

His car is nice, but I think I got mesmerized by TSX.Fury's car -___-;
Correct, Lito's was the PWP TSX with the Mugen kit and gold G-Games wheels
Old 03-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Team Owner

Yeah I enjoyed both those TSX's considering they were the only two I really looked at because I recognized both from the forums haha =)
Old 03-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Recently turned 18

Yeah, the Accord I'm talking about was black with black Slipstreams, parked just about right in front of JP's car. To this day I still love those Accord coupes and even the bodystyle before it. Potentially some clean cars if executed properly.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Recently turned 18

off topic: anybody got some spare badges they wanna throw my way? headlamp bezel? Talked to Kiran and JP about a headlight mod. For the full "beg" see my thread in Private Sales. C'mon DC/MD/NOVA folks!!
Old 03-26-2006, 12:18 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
awesome meet! talk about drama
Old 03-26-2006, 12:33 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

yea you missed it, and good that you did, I did not want it to be a scene, but when you're an organizer, and you show up with 30 of your friends at 5-5:30pm, and not expect to pay when we've been through this, and then throw the "im an organizer" card, that's rediculous. Where have you been dog? I've been here since 8am. Not only that, what did troy truely do beside show with his friends?

Did he:
1) Rent the park or even call to make arrangements?
2) Buy the bulk of the food?
3) Man the gate to make sure everyone paid? (we all know he didnt do this haha)
4) Organize what each other organizer was doing?
5) Help set up?
6) Help period?

What did he do? Can anyone tell me? Am I being fair? He told me he told his dad not to have the cops come around. Well, the cops showed for the accident, maybe he whispered to them just leave us be and deal with this accident? Doubtful.

The food was a bonus, being there was what the $5 was for, it was not necessarily the food. We rented the grounds, to help with the costs of the thing its only fair if everyone paid. That's why I raised such an acception. Christ, I made and financed most of this, so I was merely trying to make back what I spent.

Regardless of whether you wanted the car show (which is why we had 2 prices, for those of you that were interested, and those of you that weren't) the price was simple. $5 to help pay for the rental fees, or $10 to help pay for the trophy fees. The food was there as an added bonus. We ended up with almost 300 hotdogs 300 hamburgers 250 sodas and 6 bags of chips, we are not a restaurant so the food was first come first serve, the fee was for eatting also, but to be honest, I could have done without all of it and just collected $5 from you all for the rental fee that I fronted We served food for almost 3 hours so it wasn't a lack of food.

My last question of the day, Troy, did you help clean up? Did you help with organzing the trophy celebration? Oh that's right, when it came down to get your hands dirty and do real organizer jobs, you came up empty boss. Thanks for everything baller, you were a real gem.

wow, i missed a lot on my trip to DEL yesterday
Old 03-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by leedogg
awesome meet! talk about drama
haha, there's always drama anywhere you go, but what you going to do? When you're trying to get payment from people, and you're undermined by someone that is supposed to be supporting you, I just don't care for it.

Other than that, I think the meet was a success. Iobidder, Telele, and Civiccoupeman really helped out a lot, I appreciate the judges as well. I think for trying this for the first time, things went pretty smoothly.

I really enjoyed you guys as well, your cars were some of the hottest there

did anyone get a picture of the red extreme or the civic with the cool paint job?
Old 03-26-2006, 12:58 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

haha, there's always drama anywhere you go, but what you going to do? When you're trying to get payment from people, and you're undermined by someone that is supposed to be supporting you, I just don't care for it.

Other than that, I think the meet was a success. Iobidder, Telele, and Civiccoupeman really helped out a lot, I appreciate the judges as well. I think for trying this for the first time, things went pretty smoothly.

I really enjoyed you guys as well, your cars were some of the hottest there

did anyone get a picture of the red extreme or the civic with the cool paint job?
this?

Or the one that looked like an oil spill

Old 03-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Advanced

this?

Or the one that looked like an oil spill

your camera is sick! the blue accord with flames is mine....that is a real nice shot...

it was the oil spill dude, he won Best of Show - Overall Car
Old 03-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Recently turned 18

For all the cars that were there, I'm suprised there weren't that many pics posted. I even see some that I missed.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Great pics JP...even got some with my modded hood. Can't really tell though. For everyone that doesn't know, I rear-ended a pick-up with a hitch and screwed up the front of my car. I was parked with all the other Acura's. JP and Kiran helped...actually, replaced it for me at the meet. That's what the extra parts are laying on the ground. Oh yeah, it was the 2nd Gen SSM TL...not the one with the RJ's, that was JP. I had a good time and the organizers did great. The food was good, drinks were cold and there was more than enough cars to drool over. Great meet. Nice meeting up with everyone again. Wish I could make it to the Mega Meet but my car will be in the shop for a new hood and front bumper. Hope you all have a good time.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
For all the cars that were there, I'm suprised there weren't that many pics posted. I even see some that I missed.
Yeah, there has to be more pics...I am sure they are on the other forums though. That Accord you were talking about was pretty nice. The older model one right across from where we were parked, right?
Old 03-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Recently turned 18

That's the one. I don't expect everybody to love it like I did though. No biggie.

We need to have some mod hangouts Snowman. Since either of us can get to a lift. Maybe once I get my headers back.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:33 PM
SOLOCG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fun times guys and all the Acura's were hot, I took ver 80pics so I'll post some of them once I get a chance to go home tonight. It was a good turn out and I hope everyone had a good time. The Black 97 5th gen accord is friend's car, here are some pics I took a few weeks ago.

Quick Reply: BBQ (cookout) Meet in March-MD/DC/VA/PA/NJ March 25th