1st Annual DC Metro Acurazine BBQ June 24

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^Naw man. Don't become one of the backouts.

For clarification....what does the 10 bucks include? At less than a week before the meet, I'm sure a few will miss this and be blindsided by an unforseen expense. I've seen money kill meets to say the least. Hope this isn't one for the statistics.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:23 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Malayalee King
well that settles it...i didn't plan on bringing my car, just a walkaround and help out where i can with installs...
The 10 bucks is for the food, not a 'parking fee' or anything like that... that's why xtin said it was per person.... remember, this is an install meet AND a BBQ...

$10 is for Hamburgers, Hot Dogs (Sausage), Chips, some kind of salad, sodas, cookies, and everything that goes along with it....

If people want to forego the BBQ then we can skip it and just work on cars... I thought $10 was pretty cheap... is it going to be a problem for people? If so, lets figure it out now...

$10 started as an estimation, but once I go to Costco and figure out how much i spent, it may adjust accordingly... (Def not more than $10..)

Last edited by jmbnova; 06-21-2006 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jmbnova
The 10 bucks is for the food, not a 'parking fee' or anything like that... that's why xtin said it was per person.... remember, this is an install meet AND a BBQ...

$10 is for Hamburgers, Hot Dogs (Sausage), Chips, some kind of salad, sodas, cookies, and everything that goes along with it....

If people want to forego the BBQ then we can skip it and just work on cars... I thought $10 was pretty cheap... is it going to be a problem for people? If so, lets figure it out now...

$10 started as an estimation, but once I go to Costco and figure out how much i spent, it may adjust accordingly... (Def not more than $10..)

Personally I believe that is a fair price. However, I would say if people don't plan on eating then why pay. Yet at the same time it would be nice to have a head count of people that plan on working and eating, just working, or just eating and hanging out. If someone plans to just swing by and hang out for a few minutes and not eat then ends up staying as soon as they touch food, a plate, cup etc. $10 needs to be coming outta their pocket. Then again a flat fee as soon as you arrive makes for a lot less confusion. In the end this is your meet and your call.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:32 AM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by JDM5lugHatch
Personally I believe that is a fair price. However, I would say if people don't plan on eating then why pay. Yet at the same time it would be nice to have a head count of people that plan on working and eating, just working, or just eating and hanging out. If someone plans to just swing by and hang out for a few minutes and not eat then ends up staying as soon as they touch food, a plate, cup etc. $10 needs to be coming outta their pocket. Then again a flat fee as soon as you arrive makes for a lot less confusion. In the end this is your meet and your call.
Absolutely!! I would NEVER make someone pay if they were not going to eat! I should have stated that earlier. LOL... I could always do wristbands!!!! hahaha If someone wants food and sodas, then they throw down $10.. if someone wants to just come hang out or just not eat, then no money...

I just wanted this to be a good time where people can do some work on thier cars, meet other people, and sit around and just get to hang out for awhile...
Old 06-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Absolutely!! I would NEVER make someone pay if they were not going to eat! I should have stated that earlier. LOL... I could always do wristbands!!!! hahaha If someone wants food and sodas, then they throw down $10.. if someone wants to just come hang out or just not eat, then no money...

I just wanted this to be a good time where people can do some work on thier cars, meet other people, and sit around and just get to hang out for awhile...

Hand stamps are cheaper and I can go pick one up from my boy across the way. I'll try to show up early and bring it. I would try to start a new list soon maybe PM people.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:40 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jmbnova,

Is it too late to sign myself up (along with a friend who is in town)? I just saw the thread. I'm new to the site, and actually this is my first post. I came across acurazine while looking for some suspension recommendations and have been lurking since.

I've got a 2001 Nighthawk Black TLP. My car is stock (except for tints) but I've got a set of Tokico Blues and H&R OE Sport springs on order.

Interested in meeting folks and seeing what other's have done with their cars.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn...I really wish I was able to make this meet. When is the next one gonna be?? I know, we will have to wait and see if this one works but I wanna have another big meet with some AZ peeps so we can all hang out before the summer is over.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JDM5lugHatch
Hand stamps are cheaper and I can go pick one up from my boy across the way. I'll try to show up early and bring it. I would try to start a new list soon maybe PM people.

Simple magic marker with the cl written on your hand is good enuff...no need to waste money...unless you can get the stamp free.....

plus if people pay 10 does that mean unlimited food...they can come back...not saying i will..cuz i'll probably be one the people who swing by to meet people and hang out...but someone might go there hungry and expect to go back....want to clear that out too.....

guess tell people to be courtious....(spell check...i know...)
Old 06-21-2006, 01:30 PM
How may I help you.....?

Of course.... its not a one time shot, $10 and you eat what we have.... I dont want 200 hotdogs and 100 sliders as leftovers....
Old 06-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Does anyone still go to that WOODBRIDGE meet that they used to have...i havent heard anything about it for a while...i was wondering if its still going on...
Old 06-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Recently turned 18

It won't be a problem for me personally, but...Folks get funnay when it comes to the Monay. Know what I mean? My PERSONAL suggestion: Everyone...Everyone...Everyone, use discretion when paying/asking for money. This meet isn't about dollars and cents. If anything it's about SAVING dollars. Does That make sense? I wouldn't want the last guy to show up hungry, have to eat a bread sandwich, two stale chips and a hot, flat soda and get beat down for not coughing up 10 little ones, NOR would I want to be the first couple people to pay my cheesey cheese cheese and watch some assclown invite his clan and cousin's pets only to wipe out the food worse than an Apocalyptic(sp,word?) plague of locusts that DID NOT pay.

I say all that in jest, but in a very serious way I'm seriously serious. I've seen it time and time again go south VERY fast. If it comes down to it, we'll mod, cruise and dine out somewhere. I can't stand drama amongst my brothers and sisters of the AZ.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:41 PM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by Blitz
It won't be a problem for me personally, but...Folks get funnay when it comes to the Monay. Know what I mean? My PERSONAL suggestion: Everyone...Everyone...Everyone, use discretion when paying/asking for money. This meet isn't about dollars and cents. If anything it's about SAVING dollars. Does That make sense? I wouldn't want the last guy to show up hungry, have to eat a bread sandwich, two stale chips and a hot, flat soda and get beat down for not coughing up 10 little ones, NOR would I want to be the first couple people to pay my cheesey cheese cheese and watch some assclown invite his clan and cousin's pets only to wipe out the food worse than an Apocalyptic(sp,word?) plague of locusts that DID NOT pay.

I say all that in jest, but in a very serious way I'm seriously serious. I've seen it time and time again go south VERY fast. If it comes down to it, we'll mod, cruise and dine out somewhere. I can't stand drama amongst my brothers and sisters of the AZ.
It's all good. I'll make it work for everyone.. Easily done...
Old 06-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AcUrAge703
Does anyone still go to that WOODBRIDGE meet that they used to have...i havent heard anything about it for a while...i was wondering if its still going on...
They shut that down after the 1st meet this summer. Too many people and people hanging out doing burnouts in the "over flow lot" in the shopping center next to the "main show area." It sucks. But what can ya do, right? VDOT took away the sponsors permit to hold the shows there.

fyi Jeff: I'm not planning on eating ... just coming to hang out for a little while.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Simple magic marker with the cl written on your hand is good enuff...no need to waste money...unless you can get the stamp free.....

plus if people pay 10 does that mean unlimited food...they can come back...not saying i will..cuz i'll probably be one the people who swing by to meet people and hang out...but someone might go there hungry and expect to go back....want to clear that out too.....

guess tell people to be courtious....(spell check...i know...)

Yeah but if you use a stamp it's harder for people to try and copy it or sneak in. Unfortunately there are people like this in the world.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Recently turned 18

"Bleck"

"Sliver"

"Anthracizzy"

Sorry Kiran, the vanilla got the axe.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:33 PM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"Bleck"

"Sliver"

"Anthracizzy"

Keith, I don't know how many you're producing of each color, but can you put me down for 2 silver pretty please (with sugar on top)? And how much are these bad boys too?
Old 06-21-2006, 07:32 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
"Bleck"

"Sliver"

"Anthracizzy"

yup, we'll have to meet up, i want to taste teh rainbow and give you ur noble grizeeeen [pearl]
Old 06-21-2006, 08:36 PM
How may I help you.....?

yup, we'll have to meet up, i want to taste teh rainbow and give you ur noble grizeeeen [pearl]
Green??? Did someone say Green???
Old 06-22-2006, 04:38 AM
Recently turned 18

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
Keith, I don't know how many you're producing of each color, but can you put me down for 2 silver pretty please (with sugar on top)? And how much are these bad boys too?
I have absolutely NO clue what you're talking about.

PM me anyway.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:39 AM
Recently turned 18

Green??? Did someone say Green???
Cover down there Devil Dog.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:40 AM
How may I help you.....?

Cover down there Devil Dog.

You think you're funny don't you....
Old 06-22-2006, 06:33 AM
Recently turned 18

I don't know what you're talking about.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:40 AM
How may I help you.....?

Weather Report as of 060622/0835

Weather Update

Old 06-22-2006, 08:08 AM
How may I help you.....?

A few Admin Details

WHAT - BBQ / Install / Meet / Cruise?
WHEN - 24 June 2006
TIME - 1200 noon
COST - $10
WHERE - http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q...r,+Fairfax,+VA
10581 Assembly Dr
Fairfax VA 22030

Whos Coming
1. jmbnova
2. xtin
3. leedogg
4. Blitz
5. scuba_steve
6. AcurasGhost
7. MX6PEDDLER
8. Clean AC
9. JDM5lugHatch (+3)
10. lilvinnyb
11. death
12. NOVAwhiteTypeS
13. deep_spaceus
14. pinky_ttc
15. Tzakiel
16. lcrazyaznl
17. daf9919
18. s0leheir
19. death
20. TL Dustin
21. btsilver

Possibly Coming
1. SIC WITH IT
2. AshiyaWolf
3. AcUrAge703
4. K-Shawn
5. KillroyR1
6. GeraldB
7. Soyboy26
8. 95selegend (Possibly rollin' with Legend people too!)
9. kcblack02tl-s (strong maybe, lol)
10. JPTL-S
11. JT Money
12. baby_igor
13. blk2001tlon19s
14. Mach30sir
15. NosniboR80

Keep the list rollin fella's!

Remember - Please bring all parts and tools that you might need for any mods you want to do. Jacks are always welcome!

We are set for this so it should be a good meet. There is a large office parking lot across the street form my house if we want to do pics and/or a video or to group up for a cruise.... This lot will also be an OVERFLOW lot if we have too many cars in front of my house....

My house is a TownHouse... There is Parking in front of my house, as well as a court. The Court will be a staging area for cars that are being worked on. Anyone can park in any of the spaces as long as it DOES NOT say Reserved... There is curb parking towards the front of the street that is OK also. As stated, the lot across the street can be used for overflow parking...

I ask everyone to please be curtious to my neighbors and be patient and understanding with the parking situation.

If there are any questions, please PM me and let me know... Looking forward to this guys... should be good....
Old 06-22-2006, 09:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

hopefully it doesnt rain during the day....and in our area...
Old 06-22-2006, 11:49 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Keith, your box is full...but I am sure by the time you read this you will have cleared it already.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:46 PM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
What time is everyone planning to roll out for a cruise? 4:00 ?

Btw: My friend just picked up a white diamond TL with black interior. Bone stock, he still might come and see everyone.

If it's storming/raining I think attendence will be poor unfortunatly.

Tint is coming at noon Friday (tomorrow)! As far as I've seen ... I'll be the only one on this forum with a 3G Tl front windshield tinted.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:50 PM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by AcurasGhost
What time is everyone planning to roll out for a cruise? 4:00 ?

Btw: My friend just picked up a white diamond TL with black interior. Bone stock, he still might come and see everyone.

If it's storming/raining I think attendence will be poor unfortunatly.

Tint is coming at noon Friday (tomorrow)! As far as I've seen ... I'll be the only one on this forum with a 3G Tl front windshield tinted.
I hate you... How did you pull that one off?

If it rains it rains... I will still be there...
Old 06-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Recently turned 18

Housekeeping is done.

Again, I need to ask this: Does ANYone have a torque wrench? Probably a large (ft/lb) and a small (inch/lb) increment would be best. I would suspect if we're doing Any suspension/engine mods somebody should have one. I personally don't want either one of these major components to fail because of loose attachment. I'm looking to do Thermoblock Spacers and Mugen Mods. Possibly a couple others.

Anyone, anyone?
Old 06-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Recently turned 18

I hate you... How did you pull that one off?

If it rains it rains... I will still be there...
I can't believe you insist on showing up at your own hosted meet whether weather permits or attendance is poor. Man....you just ain't right.

Old 06-22-2006, 02:50 PM
How may I help you.....?

Housekeeping is done.

Again, I need to ask this: Does ANYone have a torque wrench? Probably a large (ft/lb) and a small (inch/lb) increment would be best. I would suspect if we're doing Any suspension/engine mods somebody should have one. I personally don't want either one of these major components to fail because of loose attachment. I'm looking to do Thermoblock Spacers and Mugen Mods. Possibly a couple others.

Anyone, anyone?
I have been looking for one to buy but haven't found one... where would be a good place? I have looked at Autozone, Kragen, Wal Mart, Target and Home Depot...

What about Sears?
Old 06-22-2006, 02:56 PM
Recently turned 18

Def. Sears. They'll have a few probably. I'd get one, but I hadn't worked that in my budget yet, so I'm trying to ask now rather than create another expense. ft/lb for large jobs (ie. engine mounts, pulley) in/lb for small jobs (ie. spacers, valve covers)
Old 06-22-2006, 05:09 PM
How may I help you.....?

yo... these damn torque wrenches are expensive....
Old 06-22-2006, 05:29 PM
Recently turned 18

Yep. Keep saying I'll get one, but my mod purchasing keeps getting in the way. Hmmm, the ones I've seen have been something like 70-200 though. Might have to borrow from work. hahaha.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:34 PM
How may I help you.....?

If I had known the cost, I would have stolen the one I found on an LCAC.... Damn....
Old 06-23-2006, 12:53 AM
SOLOCG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone meeting up in MD before the BBQ like last time?? I might be bringing a few cars.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:30 AM
SSM A-Spec

They shut that meet down because the local authority's voted against it. That was a good one too! Man, I really hope another one starts up somewhere. As for this weekend, I'm there rain or shine but none of my parts came this week. =( I'll have to install them with Chris next weekend. (New Wheels & Slotted, Drilled Rotors)
Old 06-23-2006, 10:55 AM
How may I help you.....?

FYI... I have an UR Underdrive Pulley and the necessary Belt for a 3g TL for sale at this meet if anyone wants it; if not, I will sell it Black Market later... But this meet gets first dibs.. . BRAND NEW in the box... I ordered it from Excelerate and simply decided not to install it since I am going for the SC...

I paid $210 for the pulley and the belt, so thats what I am asking....
Old 06-23-2006, 11:50 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
^ the 3gs only need one replacement belt?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:17 PM
How may I help you.....?

^ the 3gs only need one replacement belt?
If you are just doing the underdrive pulley, yeah you only need the one new belt...

Quick Reply: 1st Annual DC Metro Acurazine BBQ June 24