OTTOCAST U2 X Pro CarPlay adapter

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2023, 07:27 AM
Banned

Received 80 Likes on 47 Posts
OTTOCAST U2 X Pro CarPlay adapter

So after doing some research I picked up one of these. Got hooked on my wifes new RDX ADV A Spec wireless setup, so thought "what the heck!" and also thought it might help connectivity on the carplay to infotainment connection. About every other time in the car, or when you NEED carplay, it stops working or doesn't connect: Shut the car off, open the door, restart and presto! carplay. This has been a TLX issue since it came out 2 years ago. Anyway...

The nice thing is it connects pretty quickly, when it connects...once again, the unit CAN'T fix Acura shitty electronics....so maybe 3 out of 4 times or so it connects, but that ONE time...just like before. So definately a car issue.

BUT...it's seemless. No latency what so ever! That's one thing I heard about on the cheaper ones is there was a bit of a lag. This one has none at all!

So overall? Happy with it, just not happy with Acura crappy connectivity
The following users liked this post:
ELIN (10-03-2023)
Old 10-02-2023, 08:52 PM
3rd Gear

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
I got one last week and was (was) very happy with it. It is definitely fast at connecting and had no lag. I thought my port/cable was loose so I ordered a new, better USB to USBC cable. My problem (same as yours) is inconsistent connection. When it works- it’s great. When it freezes up or doesn’t connect- it can be fixed but I shouldn’t need to.
Old 10-12-2023, 08:59 AM
Banned

Received 80 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by StaccatoFreak
I got one last week and was (was) very happy with it. It is definitely fast at connecting and had no lag. I thought my port/cable was loose so I ordered a new, better USB to USBC cable. My problem (same as yours) is inconsistent connection. When it works- it’s great. When it freezes up or doesn’t connect- it can be fixed but I shouldn’t need to.
Yeah, for some reason Acura can't get the TLX right...21-23, same issue. Just doesn't connect at times, or goes out the minute you put directions in! LOL. And the Ottocast follows suit as it's a mirror of the acura setup. But works great otherwise!
Old 03-28-2024, 09:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey guys

Hello just searched and found this thread based on reading in the news today.
so please advise what does ottocast do? Can it play movies and videos on an rdx 2022 aspec model with wireless CarPlay?
how and what ottocast device do i need?
please forgive me i am not certain about this product but if anyone could guide me i will greatly appreciate it.
Old 03-29-2024, 07:50 AM
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by qUAan
Hello just searched and found this thread based on reading in the news today.
so please advise what does ottocast do? Can it play movies and videos on an rdx 2022 aspec model with wireless CarPlay?
how and what ottocast device do i need?
please forgive me i am not certain about this product but if anyone could guide me i will greatly appreciate it.
No, this device provides wireless CarPlay to vehicles that only natively support wired CarPlay. It will not play videos on a car's central screen as this requires you to jailbreak the infotainment system, iPhone, or both.

Given that you have a 2022 RDX with native wireless CarPlay, this device is useless to you.
Old 03-29-2024, 08:03 PM
Professional Sh1tposter

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts
Im using AutoSky with latest firmware and set 5sec boot up delay. Connects 100% of the time, connects pretty quickly when starting the car, connects way slower when I remote start the car BUT it connects and works 100% of the time for me so far and Ive been using it for nearly a year
The following users liked this post:
KidK (04-06-2024)