Had to reset the entire system, which sucks
All my Nav location presets, vanished
Took some serious time to reinstall
Seems ok, now
Old 06-19-2023, 10:11 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation infotainment reset

I am experiencing the same issues. While my iPhone 11 was connected to my 21 TLX/ASPEC/AWD, CarPlay froze up, then it shut down and returned to the Acura home screen, which showed a not-lit Apple CarPlay option to select. Sometimes it will eventually reconnect on its own after a few minutes. Other times I have to stop and restart the car in order for it to work. I have noticed while using CarPlay that it is glitchy, freezing up, and the trackpad is not moving to select any function. Again, sometimes it will fix itself after a few minutes; otherwise, I have to restart the car. It's very frustrating to lose your navigation in the middle of your route and lose the ability to answer an incoming phone call, not to mention no music. I was hesitant to do a factory reset just because I knew I would lose all my settings in the vehicle, and I was hoping this was caused by the latest Apple software update, and in a few days, there might be a bug fix that would take care of it.
Old 06-21-2023, 01:29 PM
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 116 Posts
Reposting this from another thread: Welcome to infotainment in your Acura. The system has a hard time multitasking at startup. I wait a solid 20 - 30 seconds before plugging my phone in (with audio system completely off); I wait until the onboard nav is fully loaded by watching for the compass indicator to appear in the instrument display near the ODO readout. When onboard nav is up (assuming you don't have it up on the side screen or the center display already) it means the car is done sorting itself. I then plug in the phone, wait for carplay to fully load, then start the music and everything usually works fine from there. This procedure has almost completely mitigated all carplay glitches. Also - use the highest quality Anker USB cable you can find.
Old 06-21-2023, 03:08 PM
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts
I read somewhere (so may not be right) but there is some Android basis to the Infotainment system. Due to this I have not any issues with my Galaxy 22+, and that may be why iPhone users have more issues. The only problem I ever had was "no audio connection" (for anything), which was rectified by replacing the amplifier.
Old 06-23-2023, 01:10 PM
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by 22TypeS
I read somewhere (so may not be right) but there is some Android basis to the Infotainment system. Due to this I have not any issues with my Galaxy 22+, and that may be why iPhone users have more issues. The only problem I ever had was "no audio connection" (for anything), which was rectified by replacing the amplifier.
I have read this somewhere as well. Your reasoning makes sense. I also think the system in the TLX has boot-up multitasking glitches.