Type S Debaging/Dark Chrome Emblem Install FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 05:18 PM
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 73 Posts
Type S Debaging/Dark Chrome Emblem Install FAIL

So I decided to debadge some emblems on my 22 type S and also Install the 4 type s Dark Chrome Emblems. The type s badge ln trunk and the side fenders went fine swapping to dark chrome. The front grill badge will be a separate time since it will take the longest to replace. Says to remove whole front bumper but I have something else I want to try.

Anyways the only emblem left is the A on the Trunk. Let me start off by saying this is such a pain in the ass to do. I took the inner liner off and the two bolts that holds the whole trunk trim which holds the A badge. Before pulling that panel off which I couldn't figure out how to pull it off. After the bolts in says to close the trunk and pull off the trim. Mind u I disconnected the trunk latch power cable (bad mistake) now my trunk is closed and there is no way of me getting in. No power going to latch which won't open from inside or remote.

I am so upset with myself. I tried to take the rear cushions out but had no luck. I also pulled the arm rest and took the cover off but there is a liner sewn in with the leather on seats. I called my buddy that's a tech at acura and I have to take it to him to figure it out.
Old 12-26-2021, 05:36 PM
Instructor

UPDATE: Figured it out. I found a YouTube video of a civic and there is a small cover on the rear interior deck. popped the cover and boom access to key cylinder, stuck the key turned it and waaaLAAA the trunk opened. Phew that got me worried. Emblem install TBC

Rookie Mistake o well glad I figured it out

Last edited by TypeS22; 12-26-2021 at 05:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bilirubin (12-27-2021)
Old 12-27-2021, 01:47 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 540 Likes on 276 Posts
I’m glad you figured out a solution to your problem. There obviously had to be a fail safe somewhere but finding it is the tricky part!
Old 12-27-2021, 08:43 AM
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by TypeS22
So I decided to debadge some emblems on my 22 type S and also Install the 4 type s Dark Chrome Emblems. The type s badge ln trunk and the side fenders went fine swapping to dark chrome. The front grill badge will be a separate time since it will take the longest to replace. Says to remove whole front bumper but I have something else I want to try.

Anyways the only emblem left is the A on the Trunk. Let me start off by saying this is such a pain in the ass to do. I took the inner liner off and the two bolts that holds the whole trunk trim which holds the A badge. Before pulling that panel off which I couldn't figure out how to pull it off. After the bolts in says to close the trunk and pull off the trim. Mind u I disconnected the trunk latch power cable (bad mistake) now my trunk is closed and there is no way of me getting in. No power going to latch which won't open from inside or remote.

I am so upset with myself. I tried to take the rear cushions out but had no luck. I also pulled the arm rest and took the cover off but there is a liner sewn in with the leather on seats. I called my buddy that's a tech at acura and I have to take it to him to figure it out.
Why do pray tell would you want to de-badge?
Old 12-27-2021, 08:51 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by E92Vancouver
Why do pray tell would you want to de-badge?

TLX and SHAWD it’s much cleaner now with just type S
Old 12-27-2021, 03:57 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 540 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by TypeS22
TLX and SHAWD it’s much cleaner now with just type S
For some reason I love the look of the TLX and SH-AWD badges.😀
The following 2 users liked this post by KrylonBlue:
MarcoTLX (05-09-2023), TypeS22 (12-28-2021)
Old 12-27-2021, 11:00 PM
Instructor

Omg such a pain in the D*** Strongly recommend anyone wanting to do this DONT DO IT. Take it to the dealer and pay them. I tried myself and for the life of me I couldn’t do it.

I took it to my friend that’s a tech at Acura and he helped me do it. So many clips that need to be pried out. Love how it all looks now. All 4 Type s badges replaced and I took off the TLX AND SHAWD emblems. So clean looking but car is Filthy Mcnasty.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
I’ve debadged a few vehicles over the years. The worse fail was learning that one had two holes in the body panel. Had to buy a new emblem to cover the holes as I had destroyed the emblem taking it off.

I always applaud people who make clean changes to their vehicle. I’m a believer in “less is more”.
TypeS22 (12-28-2021)
Old 01-01-2022, 11:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Have not debadged any but think if I was going through all that trouble I would have taken them all off & left it at that. Looks like the A is a key or something surround? So a black out would need to be used. My brand logos fit into a depressions that have two holes in them so without body work best I could do are exchange for black versions. Since all the aero trim & regular badges are black might go that way.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:35 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Have not debadged any but think if I was going through all that trouble I would have taken them all off & left it at that. Looks like the A is a key or something surround? So a black out would need to be used. My brand logos fit into a depressions that have two holes in them so without body work best I could do are exchange for black versions. Since all the aero trim & regular badges are black might go that way.
The A has a Camera on the bottom of it. It was a black plate and then the emblem sticks to that and then all that mounts to trunk. I could have gotten the backing plate painted white but don’t want to go through the hassle of taking everything off again.
BEAR-AvHistory (01-01-2022)