Base TLX or TLX Type S

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 04:12 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Tesla1856
1. I'm just guessing, but I think it's just to hold the price down for a premium-sedan in this segment.
Here in the states, it sounds like potential buyers are already frowning on $54,000 USD for a Type-S ( and it's estimated 355hp, and only this and why that, etc.).

Not everything, but I thought Canadian models got more features than us here in the states ?

2. Said by the owner of a TLX with SH-AWD . I also appreciate AWD on a sedan, and I don't mind paying for it.
I believe the Canadian Type-S models have everything except the HUD and 360 cameras. At this point, I rather Acura Canada tack on another few grand and give us a fully model since we're practically there. I think the reason why Canadians models in general get more content is because we generally have less room for movement during negotiations. We also have a much smaller market compared to our Amerifriends and is nowhere near as cutthroat where every dollar matters. Not counting factory incentives, from my experience, if you can get 7 or 8% off the out the door price, you did really well. My province also has laws that prevent dealers from listing above MSRP as well.

As for the SH-AWD, don't get me wrong. It's an absolute gem especially on the curves and bendies. Probably one of the best FWD-based systems. But having had a 2011 X3 35i xDrive with the adaptive dampers, I sometimes miss the RWD-bias driving dynamics. That thing was so much fun to drive. Even for a crossover.
Old 09-02-2020, 04:51 PM
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
Type-S Not Loaded?

In the comparison sheet, it looks like the Type-S has all the goodies. Isn't it as well spec'd as the Advance, plus the bigger engine?
Old 09-02-2020, 04:57 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,436 Likes on 1,884 Posts
Originally Posted by Speed Guy
In the comparison sheet, it looks like the Type-S has all the goodies. Isn't it as well spec'd as the Advance, plus the bigger engine?
No. https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases...late-september
The following users liked this post:
04WDPSeDaN (09-02-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 05:46 PM
Advanced

​​​​WOW. That's crazy. I wonder if they'll even option those items? This is stupid.
Barbecue Tech Tips (09-07-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 05:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
Originally Posted by ZipSpeed

As for the SH-AWD, don't get me wrong. It's an absolute gem especially on the curves and bendies. Probably one of the best FWD-based systems.
Not sure which one your Canadian/Elite 2016 TLX SH-AWD uses ... but the current Acura 4th-Gen SH-AWD system will do up-to 30/70 rear-biased .
Old 09-02-2020, 06:04 PM
Safety Car

Not sure which one your Canadian/Elite 2016 TLX SH-AWD uses ... but the current Acura 4th-Gen SH-AWD system will do up-to 30/70 rear-biased .
That doesn't change the fact that it's still FWD-based. It may be rear-biased under power, but it is still FWD-based and by default front-biased under most conditions.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:16 PM
There are four lights!

Originally Posted by fiatlux
That doesn't change the fact that it's still FWD-based. It may be rear-biased under power, but it is still FWD-based and by default front-biased under most conditions.
Indeed. SH-AWD is fantastic under power. Very neutral on curves as long as your foot remains on the pedal. Let the foot off the throttle and it understeers like most FWD-based vehicles. Not to mention the V6 makes the front end plow a bit due to extra weight. I should mention the X3 I had, like most BMWs, had very good 50/50 weight balance and that plays a lot into the driving dynamics as well. I would have kept the vehicle, but in terms of reliability, that thing was an absolute turd.

Last edited by ZipSpeed; 09-02-2020 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:32 PM
®

Received 474 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by lowgrowl
Ok idiot. I'll list a few

1) They are gas guzzlers
2) They pollute more
3) Because of their size they are more prone to accidents.
4) Parking them is a pain the neck
5) They take up too much space in a crowded world.

Most SUV's cannot put a car to shame. The one you stated before practically IS A CAR !!!! And I'm sure the ones you rave about are the same

This is all nonsense. And the fact you brought up rocket scientist shows the chicken brain you are.
​"Chicken brain, idiot"...Do you think somehow using these words drives your point home? No. It makes you look and sound juvenile.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:16 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Indeed. SH-AWD is fantastic under power. Very neutral on curves as long as your foot remains on the pedal. Let the foot off the throttle and it understeers like most FWD-based vehicles. Not to mention the V6 makes the front end plow a bit due to extra weight. I should mention the X3 I had, like most BMWs, had very good 50/50 weight balance and that plays a lot into the driving dynamics as well. I would have kept the vehicle, but in terms of reliability, that thing was an absolute turd.
What year X3 did you have?
Old 09-02-2020, 07:57 PM
There are four lights!

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
What year X3 did you have?
2011. My mistake was buying a first model year and getting one of the first ones off the assembly line.
04WDPSeDaN (09-03-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 08:44 PM
Advanced

First Year Blues

2011. My mistake was buying a first model year and getting one of the first ones off the assembly line.
I did the same thing with a Ford Fusion Sport. LOVED the car. Great speed, fast off the line, and a good price for what you get (as loaded as the TLX-S will be). End of the day, it's still a Ford though.

My car, however, had to have an engine replacement at 9K miles. Transmission work at 11K. Limp mode twice. Struts and bearings at 19K miles. When I had my first problem out of warranty I swapped it for an RDX.

Now considering upgrading my wife's car to the TLX or something equivalent (Genesis, etc.).
Old 09-02-2020, 08:50 PM
Burning Brakes

X3 I had, like most BMWs,
would have kept the vehicle, but in terms of reliability, that thing was an absolute turd.
Thanks for the honest report.
Yeah, I can't handle unreliable. That is why I buy new and tend to not stray far from Honda.
Old 09-03-2020, 04:24 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts
Let's keep the conversation civil and on topic - no personal attacks or name calling.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:43 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 899 Likes on 789 Posts
I did the same thing with a Ford Fusion Sport. LOVED the car. Great speed, fast off the line, and a good price for what you get (as loaded as the TLX-S will be). End of the day, it's still a Ford though.

My car, however, had to have an engine replacement at 9K miles. Transmission work at 11K. Limp mode twice. Struts and bearings at 19K miles. When I had my first problem out of warranty I swapped it for an RDX.

Now considering upgrading my wife's car to the TLX or something equivalent (Genesis, etc.).

Ouch.

I know a guy with a 2016 Focus with the DCT. He is currently on transmission number six, I believe, and it's slipping again.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:47 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

I own a 2018 xdrive30i and a 2019 M40i. My 2018 had two very minor and common issues which was resolved under warranty. The 2019 has been solid. I'm sorry you had issues with yours.

Last edited by 04WDPSeDaN; 09-03-2020 at 06:54 AM.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:53 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

I'll be honest with you. We own a 2015 Ford transit van with the 3.5 TT engine (for the business) and it's racked in 220,000 miles. Bought from brand new. It's been way more reliable than the sprinter we had. It recently started to misfire. The shop had a hard time trying to figure out what caused the misfire. I told them to check the valves for carbon (Direct injection) sure enough they were caked and caused the misfire on one cylinder. They cleaned the intake valves, new plugs, fresh oil, new intake manifold and air filter and it's back to being silky smooth. Still on the original engine, turbos and transmission. All maintenance for the most part and a fuel pump mod. It's definitely a work horse.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
I'll be honest with you. We own a 2015 Ford transit van with the 3.5 TT engine (for the business) and it's racked in 220,000 miles. Bought from brand new. It's been way more reliable than the sprinter we had. It recently started to misfire. The shop had a hard time trying to figure out what caused the misfire. I told them to check the valves for carbon (Direct injection) sure enough they were caked and caused the misfire on one cylinder. They cleaned the intake valves, new plugs, fresh oil, new intake manifold and air filter and it's back to being silky smooth. Still on the original engine, turbos and transmission. All maintenance for the most part and a fuel pump mod. It's definitely a work horse.
Another vehicle saved from the junk-yard by methodical diagnosis. And if I understand correctly, it turned-out to be a rather "old school" problem after-all. Yall did good work. I like hearing stories like this.

So, do you think more Super-Unleaded (with cleaning additives) would have prevented it, or was it just the 220,000 miles that created the problem ?
04WDPSeDaN (09-03-2020)
Old 09-03-2020, 01:53 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Another vehicle saved from the junk-yard by methodical diagnosis. And if I understand correctly, it turned-out to be a rather "old school" problem after-all. Yall did good work. I like hearing stories like this.

So, do you think more Super-Unleaded (with cleaning additives) would have prevented it, or was it just the 220,000 miles that created the problem ?
Thank you Tesla. This is from years of training and hands on experience (I no longer do this). I'm the type of person that goes beyond the recommended services and do all preventative repairs ahead of time. Due to the design of these direct injection engines, it's not as simple to clean the intake valves. Installing an oil catch can does help. There are top end cleaners that do work and if done every 20K or so, it will help. I have had several top end cleanings done but who knows what the dealership did, if they did do anything.. Using quality oil and changing it often does help as using top tier gasoline. changing the PVC valve every so often also helps. The problem with the industry is, most auto repair shops don't want to invest the time to do the job right. They don't want to remove the intake manifold to do a walnut blasting on the valves. It is the best way to clean the intake valves. It takes a lot of time to do so. This indy shop did just that and sure enough paid a hefty repair bill at the end.. Doesn't mean every 30K to do a walnut blasting but in some engines the carbon does get to that point and causes issues like poor performance, poor fuel economy, poor idle and to the extreme .. a misfire. These engines have become a bit more complex over the years but the basic fundamentals is still the same. Another example, 12 years ago we had a 2003 Honda accord with a V6 show up to the indy shop I worked for. It only had a misfire when cold. As soon as the engine was warming up the misfire went away. After going through all the common steps, we pulled the valve covers off to exam the valve lash. Sure enough it needed an adjustment. After an adjustment the engine no longer had a misfire. Proper training goes a very long way. Unfortunately in the repair business, people like quick and easy services. Not a lot of places that have properly trained technicians who can diagnose. Anyone can do basic services but when it comes to being good at diagnosing issues, that's a different story.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by lowgrowl View Post
Ok idiot. I'll list a few

1) They are gas guzzlers
2) They pollute more
3) Because of their size they are more prone to accidents.
4) Parking them is a pain the neck
5) They take up too much space in a crowded world.

Most SUV's cannot put a car to shame. The one you stated before practically IS A CAR !!!! And I'm sure the ones you rave about are the same
[color=#222222]This is all nonsense. And the fact you brought up rocket scientist shows the chicken brain you are.
But being a Chicken Brain is so much fun.

Not bad for 3 tons of 122CuFt of Cargo space with 6,000lbs tow rating.

RST:
6.2-liter V-8 with 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. 10L80 10-speed automatic, a shorter 3.23:1 axle ratio, and adaptive Magnetic Ride Control dampers with a performance calibration. 4WD models also get a two-speed active transfer case.

justnspace (09-04-2020)
Old 09-04-2020, 12:41 PM

Received 16,266 Likes on 11,974 Posts
I love the RST's!!!!
Old 09-06-2020, 06:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by CollinR4
Definitely interested in testing the TLX when it comes out, while impatiently waiting for the Type-S and still driving a 2015 IS350 so I went and test drove a 2020 S4 Prestige today to see if I could make a low mileage lease work. Virtual Cockpit was quite impressive, very minimal turbo lag, and the low-down push when accelerating was addictive. Only took the car for a test drive for a few miles but found it to be very comfortable. They definitely need a full redesign for the A/S4 for the new touchscreen system to be integrated within the interior layout. The one I test drove had a $64K sticker.

I was very explicit that I was looking to be around $550/month with $5K down before I ever came in for a test drive. I nearly fell out of the chair when the salesman came back with the following 'offer':
36 months - $892.33/month
39 months - 893.42/month
42 months $875.44/month

Pretty piss poor experience with the luxury brand, needless to say, the conversation was over very quickly. Definitely soured my opinion of the brand which is disappointing after how much I liked the car.
Audi does not subsidize their leases like many other manufacturers do thus their leases are rarely attractive.
CollinR4 (09-07-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 07:03 PM
Suzuka Master

I don't understand why the Type-S doesn't have two trims. A Tech trim for those that want performance on a budget, or for those that don't really care for all the additional features. And a Advance/Elite trim for those that want performance and everything else. It's not like we're asking Acura to split the Type-S into five different trims. Actually never mind. I can answer my own question. Acura is Acura and they do Acura things, for better or for worse.

Kind of sad when we have brands like Genesis whizzing past Acura. Great value, good looking vehicles, proper-wheel drive, and none of this arbitrary "you can have all the goodies on the 2.0T model, but too bad, so sad, you can't have those on the 3.0T". Really, the only thing hurting Genesis at this point is a lack of a dealer infrastructure. And while Acura no doubt have been improving the brand, they're still largely riding on brand recognition. The Type-S was their chance to put themselves on the pedestal and stand out, but even interest in the vehicle seems to be fizzling away.
if you look at Genesis the Sport is essentially the top trim and has everything the other trims have. I also like that with Genesis you can get the 3.3T in the non-Sport models. This is where Acura is screwing up. The V6 Turbo should be offered in the Advance and every feature I. The Advance should be on the Type-S. Also with Type-S starting in low to mid 50s then I look at G70 and for $53K you get a Sport with AWD and al, the top trim features are in it. I just drove a 20 G70 Sport and it was a blast and the Infotainment is better than Acura's, you get the surround cameras, folding mirrors, etc. And if the car is too firm for you get the non-Sport with all the same goodies. If this G70 in Havana Red had AWD I would have it in the garage already. My current thinking is to wait and see the Type-S, but I am considering buying my ASPEC 19 lease and drive it until the TLX 2G refresh in 3 years and hope they wake up and load up the Type-S and get a virtual cockpit going. Seems G70 is going to have a Special Edition in 21 with LCD dash and I suspect the 22 refresh will have it on the upper trim models.

Old 09-06-2020, 07:44 PM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
Originally Posted by KeithL
if you look at Genesis the Sport is essentially the top trim and has everything the other trims have. I also like that with Genesis you can get the 3.3T in the non-Sport models. This is where Acura is screwing up. The V6 Turbo should be offered in the Advance and every feature I. The Advance should be on the Type-S. Also with Type-S starting in low to mid 50s then I look at G70 and for $53K you get a Sport with AWD and al, the top trim features are in it. I just drove a 20 G70 Sport and it was a blast and the Infotainment is better than Acura's, you get the surround cameras, folding mirrors, etc. And if the car is too firm for you get the non-Sport with all the same goodies. If this G70 in Havana Red had AWD I would have it in the garage already. My current thinking is to wait and see the Type-S, but I am considering buying my ASPEC 19 lease and drive it until the TLX 2G refresh in 3 years and hope they wake up and load up the Type-S and get a virtual cockpit going. Seems G70 is going to have a Special Edition in 21 with LCD dash and I suspect the 22 refresh will have it on the upper trim models.
I thought the G70 is getting refreshed shortly. The update will definitely make the car a lot better. TBH, I'm not impressed with the current interior which includes that small stuck on tablet. I'm all in for the Type S but if dealers get greedy and demand markups I will consider updated G70 for sure.
Barbecue Tech Tips (09-06-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 08:00 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dmski
I thought the G70 is getting refreshed shortly. The update will definitely make the car a lot better. TBH, I'm not impressed with the current interior which includes that small stuck on tablet. I'm all in for the Type S but if dealers get greedy and demand markups I will consider updated G70 for sure.
I've seen OTD prices on G70 3.3t for under $40K. How do you beat that? I don't care how good the competition is, $15-$20K cheaper is for real
The following 3 users liked this post by Speed Guy:
04WDPSeDaN (09-07-2020), Barbecue Tech Tips (09-06-2020), KeithL (09-07-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 08:20 PM
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts
My local dealer has a TLX showing up in two weeks. I'll be notified when it is ready to test drive, they don't know what trim it is. Sounds like all the base cars are being sent out to dealers first, followed by A spec & tech packages. I'm sure ill have to wait till the end of the year for a Advanced trim car.

Last edited by Barbecue Tech Tips; 09-06-2020 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-06-2020, 09:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Barbecue Tech Tips
My local dealer has a TLX showing up in two weeks. I'll be notified when it is ready to test drive, they don't know what trim it is. Sounds like all the base cars are being sent out to dealers first, followed by A spec & tech packages. I'm sure ill have to wait till the end of the year for a Advanced trim car.
Weird, but possible I suppose.

I was told the TLX models showing-up at my dealer, are the ones they ordered. They know exactly about them and showed me a list. They are accepting deposits to hold/reserve certain ones if a customer wishes.
It all sounds similar to when we bought our 2014-MDX from them.

But yeah, they really don't know how to order the spec cars very well. In their defense, there are 8 different variations (and then all the colors). But even then, who wants to "settle" for a non favorite color or weird interior on a $40k car? How about on a $50k Advance (not me).
On the 2014-MDX there was a party at the dealership and everything. We got to test-drive a couple to see if it was worth waiting for and good enough to buy. We got first-pick but still had the do the deal up-front and special build-to-order to get exactly what we wanted. Lots of "hurry up and wait" getting our first Acura, but it was worth it as it was a good SUV.

We just got a couple of short commercials to get us by (but they were good). Different times I guess.

and

Last edited by Tesla1856; 09-06-2020 at 10:05 PM.
Barbecue Tech Tips (09-06-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 11:05 PM
Instructor

No idea why they didn't know what TLX was coming on the truck. If it was a SH-AWD Advanced trim on Phantom violet pearl, i'd put a reservation it it.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:32 PM
Burning Brakes

1. My current thinking is to wait and see the Type-S,

2. in 3 years and hope they wake up and load up the Type-S and get a virtual cockpit going.
1. Yeah, seeing as though 2.0T Advance is already $50K , I'm kinda thinking the same.

2. Why do you think it takes 3 years ? You don't think the 2022 TLX 3.0T Type-S could have HUD, Surround-View-Cameras, Folding Mirrors, etc. ?

Last edited by Tesla1856; 09-06-2020 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:55 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
This video is very satisfying...

CheeseyPoofs McNut (09-07-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 12:05 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
This video is very satisfying...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LEiL3xoFt0
Still trying to figure out why they only do one color on the assembly line?
Old 09-07-2020, 12:48 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Barbecue Tech Tips
Still trying to figure out why they only do one color on the assembly line?
Each time you change colors in the paint booth, it takes time and costs resources. It makes sense to do huge batches of the same color all at once to minimize the number of times you need to switch.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by dmski
G70 refresh isn’t u til next year 22 models. 21s are out only difference is new headlights and a Special Edition with full LCD gauges. I prefer the Genesis Infotainment over Acura's. Wife’s 19 RDX infotainment and constant Apple CarPlay issues has eve her turned off from Acura right now. The only thing about the G70 I was not thrilled with was the front is a tad tight due to center hump being a RWD tunnel.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:13 AM
Suzuka Master

I've seen OTD prices on G70 3.3t for under $40K. How do you beat that? I don't care how good the competition is, $15-$20K cheaper is for real
Deals on the 20s are great. They took $8500 off then on top of that offered me an insane trade in on my TLX which I am sure the are subsidizing with what Gould have been $10K off. The only thing stopping me is I want Havana Red in AWD and the car they have is RWD. although they have a Blue and Silver in AWD. I suspect Type-S will be rare and MSRP for a few months easily. And then Genesis has 3 years all maintenance included and 10 year 100K powertrain warranty.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:18 AM
Suzuka Master

1. Yeah, seeing as though 2.0T Advance is already $50K , I'm kinda thinking the same.

2. Why do you think it takes 3 years ? You don't think the 2022 TLX 3.0T Type-S could have HUD, Surround-View-Cameras, Folding Mirrors, etc. ?

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Type-S when released is released as a 22 that late in the model year. Also Acura is pretty predictable in 3 years then a MMC. They are quickly becoming the sole maker being that rigid as many other brands make yearly tweaks.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:29 AM
Advanced

Deals on the 20s are great. They took $8500 off then on top of that offered me an insane trade in on my TLX which I am sure the are subsidizing with what Gould have been $10K off. The only thing stopping me is I want Havana Red in AWD and the car they have is RWD. although they have a Blue and Silver in AWD. I suspect Type-S will be rare and MSRP for a few months easily. And then Genesis has 3 years all maintenance included and 10 year 100K powertrain warranty.
If it's a badge thing, I don't see how Acura beats Genesis. But I guess we'll see if the Type-S actually drives better.

I bet we eventually see prices in the mid-40s or they just don't sell and cut production numbers. There must be a good reason they are waiting - want to see how the regular TLX sells and see what actual sales price.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:54 AM

waiting to release your product is a fools game!
as mentioned; the rivals are almost at the end of their life cycles, meaning new products are coming out AFTER acura releases theirs.
The following 4 users liked this post by justnspace:
04WDPSeDaN (09-07-2020), Barbecue Tech Tips (09-07-2020), BEAR-AvHistory (09-07-2020), pyrodan007 (09-07-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 09:44 AM
Burning Brakes

There must be a good reason they are waiting - want to see how the regular TLX sells and see what actual sales price.
They want to sell some loaded TLX-2.0T SH-AWD at full MSRP (not a cheap car).

I think they are over-estimating the demand for this car. It's kinda pissing me off. It's a nice car and I was trying to stay loyal to Acura, but my enthusiasm is diminishing. There are other nice new cars out there.

Then, they want to sell (minimally equipped) TLX 3.0T Type-S next year. Also all hyped-up, low numbers, and again at full (still undefined) MSRP.
The following 4 users liked this post by Tesla1856:
04WDPSeDaN (09-07-2020), BEAR-AvHistory (09-07-2020), justnspace (09-07-2020), pyrodan007 (09-07-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 09:56 AM

Craigslist seller: I know what I have. no low ballers!
Acura: hold my beer

I think they are over-estimating the demand for this car
especially in time of economic crisis.
in 2008, it played out the same way...Acura ended up canceling a lot of products in the pipeline due to economic crisis

Last edited by justnspace; 09-07-2020 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 543 Likes on 351 Posts
They want to sell some loaded TLX-2.0T SH-AWD at full MSRP (not a cheap car).

I think they are over-estimating the demand for this car. It's kinda pissing me off. It's a nice car and I was trying to stay loyal to Acura, but my enthusiasm is diminishing. There are other nice new cars out there.

Then, they want to sell (minimally equipped) TLX 3.0T Type-S next year. Also all hyped-up, low numbers, and again at full (still undefined) MSRP.
Originally Posted by justnspace
Craigslist seller: I know what I have. no low ballers!
Acura: hold my beer

especially in time of economic crisis.
in 2008, it played out the same way...Acura ended up canceling a lot of products in the pipeline due to economic crisis
They are comically bad at reading the market.
BEAR-AvHistory (09-07-2020)
Old 09-07-2020, 10:16 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
I doubt they're going to cancel this product after spending all that R&D and marketing on the Type S. What I can see them doing is raising the MSRP, as plenty of people have already jumped ship, while you have the fanboys who won't buy anything other than Honda ... and no matter how inferior the product, are deluded enough to think it's still somehow more special than its competition that outperforms it in every single segment. I honestly don't see them releasing it for under $54k at this point. Brand new V6 engine, new turbo, R&D, drivetrain tweaks (yet not an inkling of detail as to what ... likely nothing more than a re-tune), aesthetic bits, different exhaust, suspension rework, new wheels and the 'Type S' badge that lets everyone know you're "successful" and can afford the top model *rolleyes* .... $5k bump over the next top model (Advance) at the absolute minimum.

We saw an almost $5k jump from the 1G to the 2G. It's not out of the question for Acura to be as boneheaded with the Type S. Yell all you want about how I'm criticizing the car before it's out ... I was right about it not costing less than $50k since the new models were likely to get a bump from last gen.

And yes, I can absolutely see dealers marking them up. I wouldn't expect them to be discounted until the following MY examples start shipping, if ever. Look at the CTR. I still hear dealers aren't letting them go for under sticker.

Heck, after thinking about it more, I wouldn't even be surprised if it was more than that ... $56k, let's go for it. With how downright asinine Acura is and how deluded they are about their shit products, fuck it ... let's play with the M340i with being an absolute pile of shit in comparison. Why the fuck not? This whole release has been an egotistical fucking debacle.

Last edited by leomio85; 09-07-2020 at 10:22 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by leomio85:
04WDPSeDaN (09-07-2020), pyrodan007 (09-07-2020)

Quick Reply: Base TLX or TLX Type S