Base TLX or TLX Type S

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 02:10 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio85
Personally, I think it looks kinda cheap and out of place. I think wood only really has a place in premium interiors .... like, S-class at the minimum. This is purely subjective tho. You like what you like.
You know when I bought both G01 X3's I really wanted the wood trim. With the M40i I really wanted the Gray Poplar trim but I wasn't willing to give up everything else (Fully optioned M40i) to find one with that interior trim. My parents have a 2018 X3 as well, but they have the "Fineline Cove" which is real wood but in matte finish. I wasn't a fan of it but it grew on me over time. Over on the G01 FB group, the members keep telling me to change the wood grain over to real CF. My wife is all for it, but once you start with doing some CF on the interior, it leads to doing more and more...
Old 08-31-2020, 02:13 PM

Received 16,266 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Personally, I think it looks kinda cheap and out of place. I think wood only really has a place in premium interiors .... like, S-class at the minimum. This is purely subjective tho. You like what you like.
yeah but compared to the aspec, the wood feels better aesthetically.

I wish you could pick and choose interiors!

the flat bottom steering wheel (obviously no red stitching) with the darker wood finish is a little more pleasing to the eye, at least to me

Last edited by justnspace; 08-31-2020 at 02:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
04WDPSeDaN (08-31-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 02:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 543 Likes on 351 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux

Thank you! Wow yeah outside of a few very minor interior items the Advance seems like the way to go, by a long shot.
Old 08-31-2020, 02:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 255 Posts
2021 TLX 2.0T Advance SH-AWD - Wheels

So these must be:
19 inch - Pewter Gray Metallic Machine-Finished Interwoven Aluminum-Alloy Wheels

I personally think they are the best stock wheels. Using 2020 TLX for reference, looks like a wheel upgrade is $2000 , but who in their right-mind does that ? (that's crazy-money). I think upgrading to from Tech to Advance for $5000 is a much better value.

For $45k+ ... I would really like some nice wheels.

Last edited by Tesla1856; 08-31-2020 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-31-2020, 02:22 PM

Received 16,266 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
yeah but compared to the aspec, the wood feels better aesthetically.

I wish you could pick and choose interiors!

the flat bottom steering wheel (obviously no red stitching) with the darker wood finish is a little more pleasing to the eye, at least to me
The white face gauges ALSO look out of place.
Like it was an afterthought

*Designers shootin' the shit*
" Hey, Throwback Thursday y'all, Remember, white face gauges?
"oh yeah, all the COOL and FAST cars had them! "
"OMG ya'll we can evoke sooo much emotion with them in the Aspec model! ASPEC is fast right?"
BEAR-AvHistory (09-01-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 02:39 PM
Pro

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

"OMG ya'll we can evoke sooo much emotion with them in the Aspec model! ASPEC is fast right?"
I actually prefer the silver gauges with the red back lighting, but admittedly I'm biased. They remind me of the gauges on the RSX Type S. When I saw them for the first time as a teenager, they looked super futuristic and left a good impression to this day. If that was Acura's intention, then they got me!
Old 08-31-2020, 02:40 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,237 Likes on 2,617 Posts

Don't you make me bring out Ricky Bobby as Acura's spokeman
Old 08-31-2020, 02:42 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by Tesla1856
So these must be:
19 inch - Pewter Gray Metallic Machine-Finished Interwoven Aluminum-Alloy Wheels

I personally think they are the best stock wheels. Using 2020 TLX for reference, looks like a wheel upgrade is $2000 , but who in their right-mind does that ? (that's crazy-money). I think upgrading to from Tech to Advance for $5000 is a much better value.

For $45k+ ... I would really like some nice wheels.
Many pay to upgrade the wheels, the cost to do so is another story all together. I agree that the gray metallic is way better than the darker wheels. To me black wheels remind me of someone plasti-dipping their wheels.
Old 08-31-2020, 02:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Just don't buy an LG refrigerator

2nd time I'm replacing the linear compressor
Or a good-sized Samsung plasma-TV . Not cheap and barely lasted 10 years.

Gave my (still working) circa-2004 (digital) GE Refrigerator to my brother. Got another GE ( now GE/Haier )
The Kenmore washer/dryer set also lasted 16 years. Went with Maytag this time.

04WDPSeDaN (08-31-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 03:00 PM
Burning Brakes

1. Many pay to upgrade the wheels,
2. the cost to do so is another story all together.
3. I agree that the gray metallic is way better than the darker wheels.
4. To me black wheels remind me of someone plasti-dipping their wheels.
1. I suppose you are right as they are important.
2. Yeah, it's like they throw the intended set in the dumpster, instead of us just paying the difference. Is there really even a difference in their actual wholesale cost? (I doubt much if any)
3. Thanks for your honest opinion. It's re-assuring for me to know that others like them too (and I'm not making something outta nothing).
4. The base and Tech get ... yet something else ... they also look heavily painted ... but bright ?
Old 08-31-2020, 03:29 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Or a good-sized Samsung plasma-TV . Not cheap and barely lasted 10 years.

Gave my (still working) circa-2004 (digital) GE Refrigerator to my brother. Got another GE ( now GE/Haier )
The Kenmore washer/dryer set also lasted 16 years. Went with Maytag this time.

We learned that lesson when we renovated the house. We needed a fairly large odd size refrigerator for the opening at the time home depot had the LG in the size we needed (which looked the best also). All the other appliances are from GE. When we did the basement kitchen last summer, we did whirlpool.
Old 08-31-2020, 03:53 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
We learned that lesson when we renovated the house. We needed a fairly large odd size refrigerator for the opening at the time home depot had the LG in the size we needed (which looked the best also). All the other appliances are from GE. When we did the basement kitchen last summer, we did whirlpool.

Funny. I was just about to comment something along the lines of, "could be worse, you could have gone GE/Whirlpool/Maytag." *awkward cough*

I could be wrong, but I've heard those three companies in particular (via Reddit) have taken a massive nosedive in overall quality. GE in the 80's was the benchmark, now I hear they're bottom of the barrel. Then again, I hear that's about true for most home appliances. Had the SubZero fridge repaired last year and the guy balked when I said it was time to get a new one. He said everything nowadays is junk and he sees more repairs on the newer, shiny stuff than the older stuff. He also was in love with my unit and said he wished he could afford one of his own (fridge came with the house, never realized how expensive they were). He told me unless I had 10k+ burning a hole in my pocket for another SubZ, I should just keep it as it would outlast the newer stuff 3x over.

As for TV's, how long do you expect to really get out of them? Unless you make the mistake of getting the latest and greatest, there are really nice 65" units at CostCo for right around a grand. Doing a quick Google search, this is the first link:

https://www.reviewed.com/televisions...ould-a-tv-last

Seems 5-7yrs is the average lifespan. With the size and quality that these displays have, there's gotta be a compromise somewhere. They might not last as long as the old tube TVs, but do you really want to go back to that era? LoL.
ESHBG (08-31-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 03:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by lowgrowl
The 3 series and A4 both have small interiors. I've sat in them and they're not huge. Acura makes great engines and the new interior looks real sweet. What important options do you think the TLX will lack ?
The 3 Series interior is not small, it's the same size as the outgoing 5 Series. Who wants a huge sport sedan? Not me.
Old 08-31-2020, 03:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CollinR4
Definitely interested in testing the TLX when it comes out, while impatiently waiting for the Type-S and still driving a 2015 IS350 so I went and test drove a 2020 S4 Prestige today to see if I could make a low mileage lease work. Virtual Cockpit was quite impressive, very minimal turbo lag, and the low-down push when accelerating was addictive. Only took the car for a test drive for a few miles but found it to be very comfortable. They definitely need a full redesign for the A/S4 for the new touchscreen system to be integrated within the interior layout. The one I test drove had a $64K sticker.

I was very explicit that I was looking to be around $550/month with $5K down before I ever came in for a test drive. I nearly fell out of the chair when the salesman came back with the following 'offer':
36 months - $892.33/month
39 months - 893.42/month
42 months $875.44/month

Pretty piss poor experience with the luxury brand, needless to say, the conversation was over very quickly. Definitely soured my opinion of the brand which is disappointing after how much I liked the car.
Audi's have always leased the worse of any German maker. That same Priced car can get you in a BMW for 550-600 a month. Audi treats their S and RS cars like exotics. You will be paying crazy prices for one. You're actually better off just financing than leasing.
CollinR4 (08-31-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 04:05 PM

Call me crazy, but I think the area right next to the volume knob/seek button is a missed opportunity. Maybe a rectangular slit to store your phone would have been great, in addition to the charging/storage area under your arm (which kind of makes it awkward to get to your phone). Honestly, I think Honda's digital gear selector takes up way too much room ... or, at least the way they design/utilize it. It seems like so much space is wasted on that entire center stack area for the gear selector + drive mode selector. Not to mention it the PITA the whole idea makes it to tow your car if your batter ever dies ... the fact there isn't an override without turning something on the physical transmission is beyond me.
Old 08-31-2020, 04:08 PM

Call me crazy, again ... but throw a Honda badge on the front of that and I would completely be convinced that it was an Accord. Is that just me? This picture in particular. Just looks like ... a Honda. I still like the design of it, don't get me wrong ...
Old 08-31-2020, 04:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,436 Likes on 1,884 Posts
Call me crazy, again ... but throw a Honda badge on the front of that and I would completely be convinced that it was an Accord. Is that just me? This picture in particular. Just looks like ... a Honda. I still like the design of it, don't get me wrong ...
It's not just you, from the side profile I think it looks quintessentially Honda. I think it's these wheels, they remind me a lot of the wheels Honda has been using recently.
Old 08-31-2020, 04:28 PM
Burning Brakes

1. He said everything nowadays is junk and he sees more repairs on the newer, shiny stuff than the older stuff.

2. As for TV's, how long do you expect to really get out of them?

3. Unless you make the mistake of getting the latest and greatest

4. Seems 5-7yrs is the average lifespan.
1. This I agree with. Applies to vehicles too, so I say Extended Warranties are usually a good idea (especially if not Leasing a new one).

2. When you spend $3000 on a TV, more than 10 years would be nice. Problem appeared to be the panel itself (not circuit boards) ... which renders it un-repairable. Earlier in life, I worked as a service technician.

3. Right, better to buy old obsolete stuff. Yes, it was one of the first large Plasmas ... back when DLP rear-projection was the norm (and max LCD size was 17-inches).

4. Yeah, that is lame. Sure, replaced it with a large LG-4K (I know Korean) for $250 (as the old plasma had been moved to workout-room) but that is not the point.

Last edited by Tesla1856; 08-31-2020 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-31-2020, 04:43 PM

It's not just you, from the side profile I think it looks quintessentially Honda. I think it's these wheels, they remind me a lot of the wheels Honda has been using recently.
Yea, I honestly think it's the wheels. They look so ... Honda-esque. If someone 'shopped a Honda badge on it, your average person would probably not even realize it wasn't a Honda Accord. I'll never forget when over 10yrs ago, some middle-aged lady came up and complimented my then-newish GTO/Monaro and said she used to have one too. Said she loved how good it was on gas and then asked if it still only had a 4 cylinder in it. I said it only comes with a V8. Perplexed, she asked, "is this not a Dodge Neon?"

1. This I agree with. Applies to vehicles too, so I say Extended Warranties are usually a good idea (especially if not Leasing).
Agreed. Planned obsolescence is alive and well. The Germans have got it down to a science.

2. When you spend $3000 on a TV, more than 10 years would be nice. Problem appeared to be the panel itself (not circuit boards) ... which renders it un-repairable. Earlier in life, I worked as a service technician.
Trust me, I feel ya. But, with the way technology is nowadays, you don't pay a premium for reliability, but merely having the newest, brightest and shiniest. In fact, you usually take a hit on the reliability since the tech is so new. This is why I personally won't buy any of the newest tech stuff out there. I'd wait 2-3yrs. Also why I wouldn't pay the $2.5k+ TVs that I do see CostCo selling that are generally the newest ones ... that or 80"+ behemoths that I don't need, lol.

3. Right, better to buy old obsolete stuff. Yes, it was one of the first large Plasmas ... back when DLP rear-projection was the norm (and max LCD size was 17-inches).
I'm surprised. I could be wrong, but one of the reasons we went Plasma was its advertised durability. We got a Pioneer Elite 55" back in 2006 and it's still kicking. I simply remember the date because we bought it specifically for the World Cup when we Koreans thought our national team would do well after 2002. T'was not the case. But the TV still works great. It was a hefty price though. Then again, my brother has gone thru 3 Samsung LCD/LED TVs in that time (one was refurbished tho, so that one doesn't really count, lol)

4. Yeah, that is lame. Sure, replaced it with a large LG-4K (I know Korean) for $250 (as the old plasma had been moved to workout-room) but that is not the point.
Just quoting what someone else is saying. All the more reason not to spend too much on these new flashy tech bits. Not anymore anyways ...

Last edited by leomio85; 08-31-2020 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-31-2020, 04:53 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
If i was to get the new TLX, i would probably go with the Advance. My only issue is, i hate the wood lol. I think the aluminum makes it look more sporty. The wood reminds me of wood paneling in houses.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:19 PM
Burning Brakes

We got a Pioneer Elite 55" back in 2006 and it's still kicking.
Right those Japanese plasmas were good. Still have a 11-year old Panasonic plasma in main room.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Just looks like ... a Honda. I still like the design of it, don't get me wrong ...
Next thing you know, they will be making them in a Honda plant.

Yeah, the styling of the Hondas and Acuras has always been rather conservative. But to me, this is one of the bigger departures.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Navy TL
If i was to get the new TLX, i would probably go with the Advance. My only issue is, i hate the wood lol. I think the aluminum makes it look more sporty. The wood reminds me of wood paneling in houses.
Yeah, hard to mistake wood for anything other than wood.

Both my 1994 and 2004 Honda Accords had small amounts of (obviously plastic/fake) wood. Same with the old Maxima.
On the other hand, the wood in the new Audi looks real, but it is stained a very-dark black color.

Your options are Tech and/or A-Spec . Pretty sure you can get A-Spec in Ebony leather (but not sure what that looks like exactly).
Old 08-31-2020, 06:49 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, hard to mistake wood for anything other than wood.

Both my 1994 and 2004 Honda Accords had small amounts of (obviously plastic/fake) wood. Same with the old Maxima.
On the other hand, the wood in the new Audi looks real, but it is stained a very-dark black color.

Your options are Tech and/or A-Spec . Pretty sure you can get A-Spec in Ebony leather (but not sure what that looks like exactly).
The other car in our garage is a 2019 Audi A6. You are right about the wood being dark. When ever i do drive it, i really don't notice that yeah its wood lol.
Old 08-31-2020, 09:54 PM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Kense
Audi's have always leased the worse of any German maker. That same Priced car can get you in a BMW for 550-600 a month. Audi treats their S and RS cars like exotics. You will be paying crazy prices for one. You're actually better off just financing than leasing.
I know that now and telling them what I'm willing to pay means nothing when they bring that paper out for over $400/month more. Byers Audi just doubled the size of the list of car dealerships I will never do business (Kelly BMW, you are no longer alone).

At this point, I'm hoping a TLX lease isn't as absurd as what the RDX seemed to be, or at least what I was initially offered when looking at one.
Does anyone have any thoughts on what an SH-AWD Advance might end up costing?

Last edited by CollinR4; 08-31-2020 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by CollinR4
I know that now and telling them what I'm willing to pay means nothing when they bring that paper out for over $400/month more. Byers Audi just doubled the size of the list of car dealerships I will never do business (Kelly BMW, you are no longer alone).

At this point, I'm hoping a TLX lease isn't as absurd as what the RDX seemed to be, or at least what I was initially offered when looking at one.
Does anyone have any thoughts on what an SH-AWD Advance might end up costing?
Don’t most car company websites calculate for you what your payments would be after you build the car to your specifications online? Why waste your time even going to the Audi dealership in the first place?
Old 09-01-2020, 01:35 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 845 Likes on 526 Posts
People who buy Acuras are largely pragmatic and make decisions using their brain rather than their heart. That's great for cars like the RDX where it undercuts the competition by quite a bit and offers more space/utility. However, the problem with the TLX is that if you line it up next to an RDX that costs the same, it's going to be difficult for left-brain folks to justify buying the TLX, especially with the huge incentives the RDX currently has. The RDX has more cargo space, a larger backseat, easier to park and get in and out of, etc. The TLX certainly has the emotional appeal and wins on driving experience, that's for sure, but those things don't really resonate with a lot of Acura buyers.

So, I'm calling it now: it's not going to sell as well the 1G TLX. While this is a better car than the 1G TLX, the 1G was really two cars in one, with one of them competing aggressively on price, and it had a pretty lackluster internal competitor in the 2G RDX. I'll go ahead and bookmark this post so that I can either toot my own horn a couple years from now, or admit I was wrong.
I don't know about others, but it's near impossible to convince my wife to get a sedan rather than a SUV...and that's how we ended up with the RDX lol.

A lot of my female friends seem to only want SUV's too.

This is definitely a tough segment. Perhaps that's why Lexus still has not done a FMC for the IS.

Just don't buy an LG refrigerator

2nd time I'm replacing the linear compressor
lol I haven't had much luck with my Samsung appliances too..my dryer broke down twice already and it was brand new back in 2015...
Old 09-01-2020, 11:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Don’t most car company websites calculate for you what your payments would be after you build the car to your specifications online? Why waste your time even going to the Audi dealership in the first place?
Yeah for the MSRP price, those prices aren't real and don't take in account discounts, negotiating the final price etc.
CollinR4 (09-01-2020)
Old 09-01-2020, 11:20 AM
Safety Car

Yeah for the MSRP price, those prices aren't real and don't take in account discounts, negotiating the final price etc.
https://leasehackr.com/calculator

You're welcome.
Speed Guy (09-02-2020)
Old 09-01-2020, 11:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts

Agree. Always disliked white faced gauges. Had them in a Morgan +4SS I ran in SCCA events back in the '60's Swapped them with a Triumph TR3 guy who liked them. Same deal with the COBRA finally changed them to proper black faced units.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by Navy TL
The other car in our garage is a 2019 Audi A6. You are right about the wood being dark. When ever i do drive it, i really don't notice that yeah its wood lol.
Last car I can remember that I had with wood was a early '90's Jaguar, great looking wood. Have never ordered wood since as most just does not look good. Even the quality wood looks like plastic.
Old 09-01-2020, 12:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Oh yeah Leasehackr is legit, I was talking about on the actual manufacture sites where at the end it gives you the price and payments after you build the car
Old 09-01-2020, 12:54 PM
Safety Car

Oh yeah Leasehackr is legit, I was talking about on the actual manufacture sites where at the end it gives you the price and payments after you build the car
Yeah but you can just use the leasehackr calculator to determine what the numbers would look like given the expected sale price and what you think your money factor will be. Residual will likely be very similar to the current TLX. It's all very formulaic; it's not like there's some sort of secret sauce that each manufacturer applies. At the end of the day a lease is just a glorified balloon loan.

Last edited by fiatlux; 09-01-2020 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:00 PM
Pro

Received 544 Likes on 256 Posts
Originally Posted by ESHBG
Thank you! Wow yeah outside of a few very minor interior items the Advance seems like the way to go, by a long shot.
Thats what I’ve been saying for a while now. Buy the accessory spoiler and be done with it. I believe that you can buy from Acura the dash and door wood inserts, but I wouldn’t expect them to be cheap. Better just to pay the extra two grand for the Advance and get all the additional features.
pyrodan007 (09-01-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 12:44 PM
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
The benefit of the Type-S will be that you get the performance options AND the top-trim. You don't have to choose between Advance and A-Spec. This was a glaring hole in Acura's strategy, and it will probably make those who want an entry-level luxury car with some performance happy.

It won't be a CT5-V. It won't be an S4. It will also be over $10K cheaper than those cars, optioned similarly.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 543 Likes on 351 Posts
Originally Posted by Speed Guy
The benefit of the Type-S will be that you get the performance options AND the top-trim. You don't have to choose between Advance and A-Spec. This was a glaring hole in Acura's strategy, and it will probably make those who want an entry-level luxury car with some performance happy.

It won't be a CT5-V. It won't be an S4. It will also be over $10K cheaper than those cars, optioned similarly.
So the highest trim is missing features, particularly useful ones? Poor strategy because this may actually steer people into a "lower" model.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Originally Posted by ESHBG
So the highest trim is missing features, particularly useful ones? Poor strategy because this may actually steer people into a "lower" model.
What's odd about the new TLX is that the best bang for the buck is actually the Advance/Elite top trim. The others are missing options to justify price over an Accord. AWD aside, of course.
ESHBG (09-02-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 02:38 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
I don't understand why the Type-S doesn't have two trims. A Tech trim for those that want performance on a budget, or for those that don't really care for all the additional features. And a Advance/Elite trim for those that want performance and everything else. It's not like we're asking Acura to split the Type-S into five different trims. Actually never mind. I can answer my own question. Acura is Acura and they do Acura things, for better or for worse.

Kind of sad when we have brands like Genesis whizzing past Acura. Great value, good looking vehicles, proper-wheel drive, and none of this arbitrary "you can have all the goodies on the 2.0T model, but too bad, so sad, you can't have those on the 3.0T". Really, the only thing hurting Genesis at this point is a lack of a dealer infrastructure. And while Acura no doubt have been improving the brand, they're still largely riding on brand recognition. The Type-S was their chance to put themselves on the pedestal and stand out, but even interest in the vehicle seems to be fizzling away.
The following 5 users liked this post by ZipSpeed:
BEAR-AvHistory (09-04-2020), ESHBG (09-02-2020), iforyou (09-02-2020), pyrodan007 (09-02-2020), Speed_Racer (09-02-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 03:17 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 845 Likes on 526 Posts
Originally Posted by ZipSpeed
I don't understand why the Type-S doesn't have two trims. A Tech trim for those that want performance on a budget, or for those that don't really care for all the additional features. And a Advance/Elite trim for those that want performance and everything else. It's not like we're asking Acura to split the Type-S into five different trims. Actually never mind. I can answer my own question. Acura is Acura and they do Acura things, for better or for worse.

Kind of sad when we have brands like Genesis whizzing past Acura. Great value, good looking vehicles, proper-wheel drive, and none of this arbitrary "you can have all the goodies on the 2.0T model, but too bad, so sad, you can't have those on the 3.0T". Really, the only thing hurting Genesis at this point is a lack of a dealer infrastructure. And while Acura no doubt have been improving the brand, they're still largely riding on brand recognition. The Type-S was their chance to put themselves on the pedestal and stand out, but even interest in the vehicle seems to be fizzling away.
exactly my thoughts for not having two trims on the type s.

They can even have the base type s be priced under $50k for food marketing.
ESHBG (09-02-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 03:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ZipSpeed
1. I don't understand why the Type-S doesn't have two trims. A Tech trim for those that want performance on a budget, or for those that don't really care for all the additional features. And a Advance/Elite trim for those that want performance and everything else.

2. proper-wheel drive,
1. I'm just guessing, but I think it's just to hold the price down for a premium-sedan in this segment.
Here in the states, it sounds like potential buyers are already frowning on $54,000 USD for a Type-S ( and it's estimated 355hp, and only this and why that, etc.).

Not everything, but I thought Canadian models got more features than us here in the states ?

2. Said by the owner of a TLX with SH-AWD . I also appreciate AWD on a sedan, and I don't mind paying for it.

Quick Reply: Base TLX or TLX Type S