Transmission jerking 1st to 2nd now

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 09:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission jerking 1st to 2nd now

When i first got my TLX, it was jerking 2nd to 3rd. Got my transmission replaced. 1 month later, it’s jerking 1st to 2nd now. I honestly don’t know what to do anymore.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:51 PM
Banned

I bet if i dropped it off to Acura again, it'll take 3 weeks or so like it did last time..
Old 02-17-2018, 11:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
See about lemoning it. That or suck it up & go for #3. If the car is in the shop that much for the same issue it most likely can be lemonized based on state DMV laws. You need to check out lawyers who specialize in that field.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
See about lemoning it. That or suck it up & go for #3. If the car is in the shop that much for the same issue it most likely can be lemonized based on state DMV laws. You need to check out lawyers who specialize in that field.
I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:17 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by TLXV6Guy
When i first got my TLX, it was jerking 2nd to 3rd. Got my transmission replaced. 1 month later, it’s jerking 1st to 2nd now. I honestly don’t know what to do anymore.
I have the 2018 model where the transmission issues "are supposed to be fixed" (primarily by software updates) but I had some problem with jerking in the low gears, however, that went away and hasn't come back.

I hope you find a satisfactory resolution one way or another!

Originally Posted by TLXV6Guy
I bet if i dropped it off to Acura again, it'll take 3 weeks or so like it did last time..
The great thing with Acura is that you get a nice loaner car - I'd actually like having my car in the shop for 3 weeks - that's three weeks of fun and moderately hard driving wear that's not going on my car, but rather on their car. I'm not gonna be a total jerk and beat the snot out of their car or abuse it, but I am going to drive it hard and have the piece of mind that my car is seeing less use.

If they were going to have my car in the shop for weeks though, I would insist that they allow me to take the loaner car "out of state" because I noticed on the form last time I got a loaner that it says specifically that I'm not suppose to. Well, no, if I need to go out of state, I need to go out of state and you're not going to impose that inconvenience on me because the car you sold me needs to be kept by you for multiple weeks of servicing!

Last edited by Christopher.; 02-18-2018 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Christopher.
I have the 2018 model where the transmission issues "are supposed to be fixed" (primarily by software updates) but I had some problem with jerking in the low gears, however, that went away and hasn't come back.

I hope you find a satisfactory resolution one way or another!

The great thing with Acura is that you get a nice loaner car - I'd actually like having my car in the shop for 3 weeks - that's three weeks of fun and moderately hard driving wear that's not going on my car, but rather on their car. I'm not gonna be a total jerk and beat the snot out of their car or abuse it, but I am going to drive it hard and have the piece of mind that my car is seeing less use.

If they were going to have my car in the shop for weeks though, I would insist that they allow me to take the loaner car "out of state" because I noticed on the form last time I got a loaner that it says specifically that I'm not suppose to. Well, no, if I need to go out of state, I need to go out of state and you're not going to impose that inconvenience on me because the car you sold me needs to be kept by you for multiple weeks of servicing!
When my car was at the dealer getting worked on, i got a 2017 TLX V6 Tech but i couldn't drive it. I'm only 17. My parents were able to drive it around.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:40 PM
Banned

Quick update*

All the sudden, i bring my stepdad along so i can show him what I've been experiencing and it stopped. It was perfect.